PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do the Cards sign Warner today, or does KC sign him tomorrow?

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Which one?

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
We better not sign him... We need a QBOTF not a QB of yesterday...

MIAdragon
No way in hell that guy ever wears a Chiefs helmet.

Mr. Laz
nah ... i seriously doubt warner goes anywhere besides Arizona

he said he'll just retire instead of starting over

htismaqe
02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm going to go full-blown n00b here, but if we're not gonna draft a QB in April, we gotta have somebody that can run a pro offense. Kurt Warner would do nicely, thank you.

MIAdragon
I'm going to go full-blown n00b here, but if we're not gonna draft a QB in April, we gotta have somebody that can run a pro offense. Kurt Warner would do nicely, thank you.

LMAO

htismaqe
nah ... i seriously doubt warner goes anywhere besides Arizona

he said he'll just retire instead of starting over

Agree.

blueballs
WTF would he come to KC

The Bad Guy
02-26-2009, 11:36 AM
I would take him for a year or 2, which would allow Stafford or Sanchez to learn under a stud at the position.

I really think if he hits FA, the Chiefs are the first team to call.

King_Chief_Fan
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
He wants 14-16M for 1 year. Nope, Chiefs aren't signing him

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 11:38 AM
I would take him for a year or 2, which would allow Stafford or Sanchez to learn under a stud at the position.

Can see him leaving AZ when he is on the edge of retirement...

blueballs
02-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Trent Green will be QB coach
so this will not work at all

The Bad Guy
02-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Can see him leaving AZ when he is on the edge of retirement...

Yes, I can.

I think the retirement talk was all a ploy.

He's going to see the market, and take back any offers to Arizona. If they don't match them, he'll go somewhere.

It's not like he's unfamiliar with the mid-west.

htismaqe
02-26-2009, 11:40 AM

Agreed 100%.

Unfortunately, I think Laz hit the nail on the head. He's gonna play in Zona or retire.

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I think he'd be stupid to leave ARZ with the weapons they have but i could see him coming here if anywhere.

Frosty
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
He wants 14-16M for 1 year. Nope, Chiefs aren't signing him

Chiefs aren't exactly up against the cap.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
He's gonna play in Zona or retire.

This...

Lets see.........cold and snowy Arrowhead in Dec/Jan or Sunny, perfect dome conditions in Zona?

Unless the Chiefs threw some outrageous sum of money at him, i dont see it happening.

MIAdragon
02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Any thoughts on Kerry Collins?

Frazod
02-26-2009, 11:45 AM
I honestly don't know if Warner could be successful outside of Arizona. I think his receiving corps makes him look much better than he is.

Our best receiver would be riding the bench in Arizona.

Frazod
02-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Any thoughts on Kerry Collins?

DO NOT WANT:mad:

MIAdragon
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM

ROFL

ChiefRon
He said he wasn't interested in rebuilding or start over with another team.

Too bad, I think it could've been a good fit while our soon-to-be-rookie QBOTF watches and learns.

stlchiefs

Everybody knows you never go Full Noob.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2008_Tropic_Thunder/2008_tropic_thunder_009.jpg

Mr. Laz
02-26-2009, 12:15 PM

apparently frazod has decided to NOT go with the kinder,gentler approach

ROFL

Demonpenz
02-26-2009, 12:29 PM

LOL

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 12:32 PM
ESPN first take say's we will likely attempt to get him

Donnie Edwards is on now....

Chief_in_Commander
02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Chiefs tomorrow, THE DEAL IS DONE.....

Basileus777
02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Nice attempt at troll-baiting.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I could live with

#1 Sanchez/Stafford
#2 Warner
#3 Grey

That would be a pretty good upgrade over anything Thigpen, Croyle or Huard...

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
We wouldn't just release thiggy

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 12:46 PM
We wouldn't just release thiggy

As long as he never sees the field for the Chiefs... I dont care what they do with him... I have zero emotional teenager attachment to him like some true fans.. Therefore I want the best poeple on the field to start this rebuild....

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 12:48 PM
As long as he never sees the field for the Chiefs... I dont care what they do with him... I have zero emotional teenager attachment to him like some true fans.. Therefore I want the best poeple on the field to start this rebuild....

I say at worst we get a pick for him, even if its not that high rather than just let him go.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Why would Kurt Warner leave a Super Bowl team for a struggling, 2-14 team that is not likely to win more than 5 games in 2009?

Answer: He wouldn't.

DeezNutz
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I say at worst we get a pick for him, even if its not that high rather than just let him go.

I don't think he possesses any trade value, but I completely agree with you that there's no reason to even think about releasing him at this point.

Once and if he proves he can't run a pro-style offense with any competence, then it will be time.

That's not now, though.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Sure if someone wants to give up a 8th or 9th rounder for him then, sure we should make that deal...

soundmind
From that Rand article about Huard today: "The records of the Chiefs’ other starting quarterbacks since 2006: Trent Green 4-4, Brodie Croyle 0-8 and Tyler Thigpen 1-10."

That's all the statistical backup necessary for me....why are we keeping Croyle and allowing him to compete again? According to that Clark Hunt call, apparently that's part of the plan, and I just can't wrap my brain around it. The guy can't stay standing long enough to finish one of his piss-poor showings...

I'd be REALLY surprised if we pulled Kurt in here, only to draft a QB and use Warner in a Kitna style....though I wouldn't be against it. And I completely agree with the comment about receivers...Fitz and Boldin would make anyone competent look phenomenal....not to hate, but I don't know that Bowe does that for anyone.

fan4ever
I can't imagine we'd sign him and I don't think he'll retire; he loves playing too much. For some reason though, I also don't think he'll in AZ. The Cardinals ownership can take it easy for a while, having been to the big show, so maybe they'll want to finally start bringing Leinart along.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't think he possesses any trade value, but I completely agree with you that there's no reason to even think about releasing him at this point.

Once and if he proves he can't run a pro-style offense with any competence, then it will be time.

That's not now, though.

Fair enough, Maybe another arm in OTA's but come camp time he will be gone or burried on the depth chart...

But I guess the guys watching OTA's or the water boy would like to make some catches with his airballs...

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Why would Kurt Warner leave a Super Bowl team for a struggling, 2-14 team that is not likely to win more than 5 games in 2009?

Answer: He wouldn't.

I can think of a few $$$$$ plus familiarity with the head coach.

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
There are QB starving teams out there even for a backup. I am not really high on thigpen or anything but he atleast put up some #'s and he'll get signed as a backup somewhere. i agree he isn't starter material. We'll see i guess, but we are in no position to just release a QB, he's the crop of our dogshit at the moment

Deberg_1990
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I honestly don't know if Warner could be successful outside of Arizona. I think his receiving corps makes him look much better than he is.

Just like they made Lienart look great. :)

DeezNutz
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
he's the crop of our dogshit at the moment

No doubt.

Hey, who knows. Maybe the dude develops into something. I just wouldn't bet a nickle on it.

soundmind
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM

DON'T FORGET - WE'RE IN THE BIBLE BELT!!! Praise Jebus. :evil:

Chief_in_Commander
02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Honestly I don't think that there is a chance he would come here......why would he?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Which one?

Jesus Fucking Christ; mods should issue a shovel to each member. You'll need it to navigate the gargantuan piles of shite that get posted in this board.

Worthless fucking thread; utterly useless.

soundmind
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Honestly I don't think that there is a chance he would come here......why would he?

To be closer with Jesus. ROFL

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
No doubt.

Hey, who knows. Maybe the dude develops into something. I just wouldn't bet a nickle on it.

I worded that wrong i think, i should've said he's our creamy dog shit

either way...we have no QB's right now i think he atleast has a spot for a year, we just better get a QB if we have taht option at 3

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I worded that wrong i think, i should've said he's our creamy dog shit

either way...we have no QB's right now i think he atleast has a spot for a year, we just better get a QB if we have taht option at 3

Nice sig!

Sure-Oz
02-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Nice sig!

LOL, thanks

Had to get the joker somewhere back on my sig/avy

The avy is more of a personal goodluck charm im hoping works for me with some issues im going through right now :)

Frazod
02-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Just like they made Lienart look great. :)

Well, you know how much those USC quarterbacks suck...... :evil:

R&GHomer
02-26-2009, 01:21 PM

:D I would be happy ass hell if that scenario played itself out. Happy, happy I tell you. I don't see it happening though, if Arizona doesn't sign him, he retires IMHO

Hootie
02-26-2009, 01:25 PM

This is a good point...

Maybe he's closer to Haley than we think?

If we miraculously landed Warner we have to take Sanchez at #3...how great would that be? Sanchez learning from Warner for two years? That's a dream come true scenario...

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM

Do you honestly think he'd like to go back to the same role he had with the Giants in 2004? At age 37, after just throwing for 407 yards against the #1 defense in the NFL?

Come on, people.

Hootie
02-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Do you honestly think he'd like to go back to the same role he had with the Giants in 2004? At age 37, after just throwing for 407 yards against the #1 defense in the NFL?

Come on, people.

He's technically still in that role...I'm pretty sure the folks in Arizona are still banking on Leinart being the franchise QB...

You're right though...why would he go somewhere that's so far from competing? If he's leaving Arizona...why not some place like Minnesota? Shit, put Warner on that team and watch out...even though I think Mr. Warner benefited a lot from a certain WR that put on the most impressive postseason performance possibly ever.

luv
02-26-2009, 01:31 PM
This is a good point...

Maybe he's closer to Haley than we think?

If we miraculously landed Warner we have to take Sanchez at #3...how great would that be? Sanchez learning from Warner for two years? That's a dream come true scenario...

Who was supposed to learn from Montana?

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM

Come on, people.

Money is the issue or else he would have already signed an extension.

Hootie
02-26-2009, 01:33 PM

I don't really understand the point you're trying to make??

luv
I don't really understand the point you're trying to make??

I'm not trying to make a point. I'm asking a question. I didn't follow the Chiefs back then.

Chiefnj2

Matt Blundin

Frosty
02-26-2009, 01:34 PM

Dave Krieg

jAZ
02-26-2009, 01:35 PM
:D I would be happy ass hell if that scenario played itself out. Happy, happy I tell you. I don't see it happening though, if Arizona doesn't sign him, he retires IMHO

If Arizona doesn't sign him and we offer him a deal he likes, I guarantee he doesn't retire.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Money is the issue or else he would have already signed an extension.

Even IF that's true (and you're speculating), why would he go to a team with so many holes, that was 2-14 last year and at best would be 5-11 this year at age 37?

Why not go to Minnesota? Or just re-sign for less money than he expected? I seriously doubt that at age 37, he's ready for the "mentor" role.

Not after running the #4 offense in the NFL for a Super Bowl team THIS MONTH.

OnTheWarpath15
02-26-2009, 01:38 PM

HOLY SHIT!

Good to see you, Parker.

htismaqe
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Even IF that's true (and you're speculating), why would he go to a team with so many holes, that was 2-14 last year and at best would be 5-11 this year at age 37?

Why not go to Minnesota? Or just re-sign for less money than he expected? I seriously doubt that at age 37, he's ready for the "mentor" role.

Glad to see you're as optimistic as ever. :)

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 01:45 PM

He could re-sign for less money, but he hasn't yet.

Why KC? Maybe Haley intends on running a similar system as AZ which means he wouldn't have to learn a new system.

Why not Minnesota? Maybe Minnesota doesn't want him? Maybe they don't want to waste a year with a 37 year old player who would have to learn a new system?

Hootie
02-26-2009, 01:48 PM
If KC is going to invest in a QB at #3, why not spend $30M on an established guy like Warner to protect and guide your QBOTF?

Would Aaron Rodgers have busted in San Fran like Alex Smith? Who knows? But I doubt he'd be the QB he is going to be in Green Bay...that dude is going to be a star I guarantee it.

I'd love for the Chiefs to give Sanchez a two year learning curve behind a guy like Warner...

Hootie
02-26-2009, 01:49 PM

Why KC? Maybe Haley intends on running a similar system as AZ which means he wouldn't have to learn a new system.

Why not Minnesota? Maybe Minnesota doesn't want him? Maybe they don't want to waste a year with a 37 year old player who would have to learn a new system?
Pretty sure Minnesota would take JEFF FRIGGIN' GARCIA over what they have right now...shit they are going to trade a 4th for Sage Rosenfals...they're desperate.

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 01:55 PM
If KC were to make a move for Warner I think it would all but guarantee that they have their sites set on a QB in the draft. Not necessarily the #3, but someone they intend on grooming.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 01:59 PM

Come on, people.

Is draft time always like this around here? I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but for fuck's sake!

I look at some of the football-related shit in here at times and think to myself,"that individual will make a great pet for an alien overlord".

I didn't understand or know a lot of non-game related things about football when I got here, but at least I started to listen and LEARN when I realized that some of my takes just weren't valid.

In terms of individuals who make these kinds of calls in the draft, and who are actually employed by teams, they all probably have their own philosophies. But oh, how I would LOVE to have a nice cross-section of coaches, GM's, and Coords roll up in to the Planet for a day and get school started.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 02:01 PM

Waaay too much speculation for my taste.

Warner's got plenty of money. My "speculation" is that he stays with Arizona, where he has a much better shot of returning to the Super Bowl in the next two years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Waaay too much speculation for my taste.

Warner's got plenty of money. My "speculation" is that he stays with Arizona, where he has a much better shot of returning to the Super Bowl in the next two years.

Si.

StcChief
02-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Kurt stays in AZ, he's a Family man first.

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I didn't understand or know a lot of non-game related things about football when I got here, but at least I started to listen and LEARN when I realized that some of my takes just weren't valid.

Who are you kidding? Your takes are just as dumb as when you first arrived. You are the James Laurinaits of posters, all you do is look to jump on a pile started by Mecca or Dane.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Who are you kidding? Your takes are just as dumb as when you first arrived. You are the James Laurinaits of posters, all you do is look to jump on a pile started by Mecca or Dane.

So said the creator of the dumbest, pile of shit thread on the board today.

Great job, Corky!:loser:

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 02:34 PM
So said the creator of the dumbest, pile of shit thread on the board today.

Great job, Corky!:loser:

Signing Warner would be a smart move you spawn of two drooling retarded mongoloids. It would give a draft pick a real QB to learn from and the staff wouldn't feel as pressured to play the young kid right away.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Signing Warner would be a smart move you spawn of two drooling retarded mongoloids. It would give a draft pick a real QB to learn from and the staff wouldn't feel as pressured to play the young kid right away.

Okay, I'll give you that: It would be a smart move for the Chiefs.

But what gives you ANY indication that Warner is ready for that particular role, especially after leading a team to the Super Bowl earlier this month (and his disdain for what occurred in New York)?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 02:38 PM

I do believe the Chiefs can handle the situation with out Warner's help, and without the extravagant price tag and ridiculous expectations that come with him.

Remember; we're getting rid of the bad habits and stupidity.

Rid of.

Tribal Warfare
02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Kurt stays in AZ, he's a Family man first.

Warner's already on record by saying it's resigning with Arizona or it's retirement.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Warner's already on record by saying it's resigning with Arizona or it's retirement.

Praise Jesus!:doh!:

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Okay, I'll give you that: It would be a smart move for the Chiefs.

But what gives you ANY indication that Warner is ready for that particular role, especially after leading a team to the Super Bowl earlier this month (and his disdain for what occurred in New York)?

There would be no indication that he is interested in KC or any other team at this time because that would be tampering. I was surprised to see he hadn't re-signed yet with AZ and thought that : (a) Maybe he thinks some team will pay him a ridiculous amount of money, (b) KC has a ridiculous amount of cap space, (c) he lived in the midwest before, (d) his former OC is now a head coach in KC, (e) if he came to KC he probably wouldn't have to learn a new system.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 03:03 PM
There would be no indication that he is interested in KC or any other team at this time because that would be tampering. I was surprised to see he hadn't re-signed yet with AZ and thought that : (a) Maybe he thinks some team will pay him a ridiculous amount of money, (b) KC has a ridiculous amount of cap space, (c) he lived in the midwest before, (d) his former OC is now a head coach in KC, (e) if he came to KC he probably wouldn't have to learn a new system.

You're leaving out the most important part: Warner is 37 years old and the Chiefs SUCK.

He'll be 40 years old by the time they're ready to compete.

That just does not sound like a Kurt Warner destination.

Regardless of the payday.

ChiefsCountry
02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Kitna would be the guy I would go after if the Lions let him go. Harrington or Chris Simms is other possibilites.

RustShack
02-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Theres hot rumors about the Chiefs making a trade for Boldin, Warner said Boldin will be apart of his decision. Warner loves Haley. Haley is bringing over the Cards offense. Warner is from Iowa and lived in Missouri for awhile. It actually makes a lot of sense and I can see it happening. Granted I'm not saying don't draft a QB, but I'm in the draft a QB and let him sit till hes ready and I think Warner would be a great mentor.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
I think Warner would be a great mentor.

You mean like he was in NY with Eli?

:rolleyes:

RustShack
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
You mean like he was in NY with Eli?

:rolleyes:

Do you want to refresh my mind on why he was a bad one?

Consistent1
02-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Theres hot rumors about the Chiefs making a trade for Boldin, Warner said Boldin will be apart of his decision. Warner loves Haley. Haley is bringing over the Cards offense. Warner is from Iowa and lived in Missouri for awhile. It actually makes a lot of sense and I can see it happening. Granted I'm not saying don't draft a QB, but I'm in the draft a QB and let him sit till hes ready and I think Warner would be a great mentor.

Is LJ supposed to be involved in this rumored Boldin trade? They might actually have some interest in him. Seriously. I doubt all that happens though. Getting Warner signed, getting Boldin in a trade and getting rid of the pissy gangsta? Too good to be true..............

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Do you want to refresh my mind on why he was a bad one?

The Giants were 5-4. Warner was pulled in favor of Eli.

Warner bitched and cried and was released at the end of season. He signed a $4 million dollar deal with Arizona the next season.

I'm not stating that he's at a point in his career where he's ready to play mentor. To the contrary, I think the guy takes what he can get in Arizona and goes for another ring.

If he was 40 years old, it would be a different story. But I'm sure that he thinks he can still win a ring in Arizona. They were damn close earlier this month.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Is LJ supposed to be involved in this rumored Boldin trade? They might actually have some interest in him. Seriously. I doubt all that happens though. Getting Warner signed, getting Boldin in a trade and getting rid of the pissy gangsta? Too good to be true..............

Too fucking stupid to be true

Consistent1
02-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Too ****ing stupid to be true

I guess, but James does want to go and Boldin wants more money. Arizona isn't dead for WR's without Boldin and it could shut him up. They could take LJ and let James walk. Everybody gets rid of pissed off players. Cards do have Leinart also if Warner did sign elsewhere. They also have Hightower to platoon with Larry. KC might be able to get it done and still have the 3rd pick. The main problem to me is signing Warner to a big deal. It is a fun idea, but pretty far fetched really.

Archie Bunker
02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/26/no-deal-in-arizona-so-qb-warner-will-be-free-agent/

No deal in Arizona, so QB Warner will be a free agent

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Arizona Cardinals, Kurt Warner

Kurt Warner’s agent, Mark Bartlestein, spent Thursday in Arizona trying to negotiate a deal for his client.

Unfortunately for Warner and the Cardinals, Bartlestein spent Thursday night flying back to his home in Chicago.

Despite face-to-face negotiations, the two sides couldn’t resolve their differences. Now the quarterback will become an unrestricted free agent at 12:01 a.m. ET Friday.

The two sides will continue talking, and Warner isn’t opposed to taking free-agent visits. In fact, he would. But right or wrong, there is a perception that Warner wants to remain in Arizona, which has impacted negotiations.

Now Warner will become a free agent — free to listen to offers from any team.

Delano
02-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I guess, but James does want to go and Boldin wants more money. Arizona isn't dead for WR's without Boldin and it could shut him up. They could take LJ and let James walk. Everybody gets rid of pissed off players. Cards do have Leinart also if Warner did sign elsewhere. They also have Hightower to platoon with Larry. KC might be able to get it done and still have the 3rd pick. The main problem to me is signing Warner to a big deal. It is a fun idea, but pretty far fetched really.

Well here is the thing:

Shit like that doesn't happen.

unothadeal
02-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Free Agency starts tomorrow?

The Bad Guy
02-26-2009, 06:40 PM
The Giants were 5-4. Warner was pulled in favor of Eli.

Warner bitched and cried and was released at the end of season. He signed a $4 million dollar deal with Arizona the next season.

I'm not stating that he's at a point in his career where he's ready to play mentor. To the contrary, I think the guy takes what he can get in Arizona and goes for another ring.

If he was 40 years old, it would be a different story. But I'm sure that he thinks he can still win a ring in Arizona. They were damn close earlier this month.

It would be a red flag if Warner did not bitch or moan.

What QB wants to lose his starting job when his team is 5-4?

Warner was actually really helpful for Eli. I watched the 2 of them during training camp when Eli was a rookie and he worked a TON with him.

vailpass
02-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Warner wouldn't touch KC or any other team in rebuild with a 10 foot pole.

Dave Lane
02-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Which one?

I'll fucking lose it if they sign jesus...

BigChiefFan
02-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Screw Warner. He turned down $10 million per year, thinking he is worth $13-14 million per year, no thanks at that price tag and age.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Warner wouldn't touch KC or any other team in rebuild with a 10 foot pole.

And for that we are thankful. At last; FailAss returns, and with a take that everyone with a brain can enjoy! Good show!

Too fucking stupid to be true

It's like that 'Kevin Bacon'-thing up in here; utterly ridiculous.

Screw Warner. He turned down $10 million per year, thinking he is worth $13-14 million per year, no thanks at that price tag and age.

That's right; time for jesus jr. to hit the cross! :fire:

Kerberos
02-27-2009, 11:51 AM

LMAO

This sounds like something Hootie would say? :D

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
It would be a red flag if Warner did not bitch or moan.

I'm good with that but I don't think that's how he wants to end his career.

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/

According to beat writer Matt Maiocco, one league source believes the 49ers have a "legitimate shot" to sign Kurt Warner away from the Cardinals.

We remain skeptical. Warner's public statements have been at odds with his agent's all along, and the interest in the 49ers doesn't seem to be any different. It may work as a way to get the Cardinals to put more money on the table, but Warner clearly doesn't want to leave Arizona.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2009, 12:00 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/

According to beat writer Matt Maiocco, one league source believes the 49ers have a "legitimate shot" to sign Kurt Warner away from the Cardinals.

We remain skeptical. Warner's public statements have been at odds with his agent's all along, and the interest in the 49ers doesn't seem to be any different. It may work as a way to get the Cardinals to put more money on the table, but Warner clearly doesn't want to leave Arizona.

Jimmy Raye & Kurt Warner?

One more time:

:eek:

Ralphy Boy
02-28-2009, 08:51 AM
It does seem strange to me that, given his relationship with Haley, we've heard no mention of Warner coming to KC, to even talk with the team. Given Pioli's penchant for secrets, it could mean he's on his way here as we speak, but since his agent is trying to drive his price up, I think he'd be saying "KC is interested" if there had been any talk at all. That we seemingly aren't interested makes me wonder if there might be more truth to the Cassell thing.

I cannot, for the life of me, think that Haley & Pioli think Thigpen is going to make a quality starter and I have to believe they have something cooking in regard to our QB situation.

Ralphy Boy
02-28-2009, 01:12 PM
It does seem strange to me that, given his relationship with Haley, we've heard no mention of Warner coming to KC, to even talk with the team. Given Pioli's penchant for secrets, it could mean he's on his way here as we speak, but since his agent is trying to drive his price up, I think he'd be saying "KC is interested" if there had been any talk at all. That we seemingly aren't interested makes me wonder if there might be more truth to the Cassell thing.

I cannot, for the life of me, think that Haley & Pioli think Thigpen is going to make a quality starter and I have to believe they have something cooking in regard to our QB situation.

I was on to something. I was actually on to something.

MIAdragon
03-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Kurt Warner-QB-Cardinals Mar. 2 - 7:09 pm et

The player rep for free agent Kurt Warner says his client will not be finalizing a deal with the 49ers tonight.

Warner is taking a physical, but agent Mark Bartelstein says "nothing is going to happen tonight." "He's going to have to sit down and talk to his wife and me," Bartelstein added. "We'll...figure out what to do from there."

ajb
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if the New eng... i mean Arizon... DOH Kansas City Chiefs sign him. So much for A Kansas City Identity. I may be unpopular by saying this. Herm Edwards was the only one that gave Kansas City their own identity. Should have given him another year then if that didn't work, find another. Here we go again. I smell Dick Vermeil again. An offense that can score 54 points and a defense that allows 55

KcFanInGA
03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if the New eng... i mean Arizon... DOH Kansas City Chiefs sign him. So much for A Kansas City Identity. I may be unpopular by saying this. Herm Edwards was the only one that gave Kansas City their own identity. Should have given him another year then if that didn't work, find another. Here we go again. I smell Dick Vermeil again. An offense that can score 54 points and a defense that allows 55

Oh we've had an identity. Last year it left us face down on the curb with our pants down. 2-14. I am to be honest, a bit worried just because Pioli comes from Belicheck's world. But so far, I'm good with what they are doing. Herm gave us an identity. One nobody wanted.

ajb
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
I think it was one nobody would give a chance. He took the chance by starting rookies. It happens. I just think that He should have been given another year to see if his plan developed. I'm sorry but I love the Chiefs and I hope they do well. But I don't think its going to be now. 2009 ( 5-11)

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-03-2009, 10:53 PM

I understand exactly where you're coming from, but I think it's a little too early to start proclaiming doom and gloom.

Warner is living in an absolute fantasy world when it comes to cash, and Pioli will not be playing his "Mr. Rourke".
It's only natural that Pioli and Haley would want to fill some roster spots with talent they know well, and more importantly; talent that they can get for a lowball price. And that means Vets.

We talked about this a few days ago. The Chiefs Free Agent acquisitions are not going to be very glamorous right now because they WANT to build a new "Kansas City Chiefs Identity" through the draft, and quality players from that poole will require at least one more cycle after the one coming up in April.

So basically, I'd wager that Matt Cassel is about as "Hollywood" as it's going to get this year. But you NEVER KNOW with Scott Pioli; trying to second guess this guy is very, very foolish.

Anywho, Chin Up!:thumb: