PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports So I play in an adult kickball league..

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2009, 12:05 AM
You know, that game played in grade school. I've played in a league with friends since I moved to the Tampa area. We have a core group on our team and then some people who change each season.

Anyway, tonight was our 2nd game this season and one of the new players on our team this season is James Blake. When I first heard about it I thought it was a joke and just some guy named James Blake.

Nope.

It's James Blake. The 2nd highest ranked American tennis player in the world. The guy who had that EPIC match against Agassi in 2005. And was ranked #4 in the world in 2006.

He's a really cool guy and has a rocket for an arm.

That is all.

Simply Red
02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
That's pretty cool, did you ever hear about his terrible accident on the court?

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2009, 12:27 AM
That's pretty cool, did you ever hear about his terrible accident on the court?

Yeah, he broke his neck. Amazing recovery and comeback. Tonight he was very agile and made some nice defensive plays. Again, rocket for an arm. Unfortunately, he flied out both times he was up to kick.

Valiant
02-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Love kickball..

We play in a beer league here in KC.. Same league that Corby Jones plays football in, beer league mind you..

The key is spinning your kicks.. If you kick anything in the air without a wicked curve on it, it is usually caught..

The Buddha
02-27-2009, 03:08 AM
An adult kickball league sounds like one where everyone is naked and having sex...

"You play kickball?"

"OH yeah... in an ADULT league...purrr"

Kyle DeLexus
02-27-2009, 03:25 AM
An adult kickball league sounds like one where everyone is naked and having sex...

"You play kickball?"

"OH yeah... in an ADULT league...purrr"

WAIT A MINUTE? You mean thats not how the game is normally played?....Miss Williams has some explaining to do!!!! :cuss:

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Love kickball..

We play in a beer league here in KC.. Same league that Corby Jones plays football in, beer league mind you..

The key is spinning your kicks.. If you kick anything in the air without a wicked curve on it, it is usually caught..

Yeah, except for a few douche teams, the focus is on drinking first and winning 2nd.

Iowanian
02-27-2009, 08:14 AM
I've been pushing to start an adult kickball league in my community for 2 years.

Could you tell a little about teams, rules, game length/scoring? Is it indoors, little league fields?

DaKCMan AP
02-27-2009, 08:15 AM
I've been pushing to start an adult kickball league in my community for 2 years.

Could you tell a little about teams, rules, game length/scoring? Is it indoors, little league fields?

Outdoor. For the league I'm in there is a Tuesday night league and Thursday night league. Thursday nights are the premier night. Each league has 16 teams with around 22-25 people per team.

It's a league by WAKA (World Adult Kickball Association). All of the rules and other info can be found at www.kickball.com.

Skip Towne
02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
I'd rather play fag football.

wutamess
02-27-2009, 08:22 AM
I'd rather play pillowbiter football.

ROFL!
Fuggin pansies! j/k

Demonpenz
02-27-2009, 08:23 AM
We play on wednesdays and we took first last year. My favorite is when I get the ball and fake throw at a girl and they jump to avoid the throw, but I fake then nail them in the air and knock their feet out :ROFL: most of the times that is why we play in mens only divisions