PDA

View Full Version : Football center Jason Brown to visit Rams

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Ravens' Brown to visit Rams
Baltimore Ravens center Jason Brown is set to visit today with St. Louis, FOXSports.com has learned.

The 6-foot-3, 320-pound Brown is considered the top interior lineman in this year's free-agent class. He was moved from guard to center in 2008 and started every game for a second consecutive season. Brown also is only 25 years old.

Offensive line is considered the weakest position group for the Rams, which finished with a 2-14 record in 2008.

-- Alex Marvez

58-4ever
02-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Just keep driving down I-70... natural grass is better for OL knees.

kcchiefsus
02-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Just keep driving down I-70... natural grass is better for OL knees.

Yeah, we wish. Will never happen though.

raybec 4
02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah, we wish. Will never happen though.

Why not?

talastan
02-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I really hope he considers coming here. We don't have much but IMO we've got much more in place than the Lambs, including an owner who wholly supports the team and a soon to be completely renovated stadium. Not to mention the fans!! :D

Chief Faithful
02-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Jason Brown would solve two problems Center and RG. Niswanger is a better RG than anyone currently on the roster.

RUSH
02-27-2009, 10:12 AM
8 million per year...No thanks

58-4ever
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
8 million per year...No thanks

It's not your money. We have over 50 million in cap money! Do it!

:doh!:

kcchiefsus
02-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Why not?

Because this is the Chiefs we are talking about.

htismaqe
02-27-2009, 10:20 AM

Have faith, friend. The curse may have left in late December.

raybec 4
02-27-2009, 10:21 AM

I think we have to give the new regime a chance to prove the old days are gone. Pioli may be a big player in the free agent market, we at least need to give him a shot so we can base our bitching in facts.

SBK
02-27-2009, 10:28 AM
If the guy is looking at St Louis (who picks before us in this draft) he'd be willing to look at KC.

He's not in it for a championship, he wants the money.

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

The Raiders have reportedly entered the hunt for free agent Jason Brown.

Brown, who is currently in or on his way to St. Louis, could be viewed by Oakland as a guard or center. The Raiders have needs at both positions.

The Franchise
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Reportedly he wants $6 million a year.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Reportedly he wants $6 million a year.I'd pay that in heartbeat. Hey, Pioli how about a FA?:D

OnTheWarpath15
02-27-2009, 10:42 AM
I really hope he considers coming here. We don't have much but IMO we've got much more in place than the Lambs, including an owner who wholly supports the team and a soon to be completely renovated stadium. Not to mention the fans!! :D

:spock:

Go through the starting 22 and tell me what positions we are in better shape than the Rams are.

talastan
02-27-2009, 11:01 AM

Go through the starting 22 and tell me what positions we are in better shape than the Rams are.

I meant from an adminstrative stance. As far as player wise, you're probably right.

KCrockaholic
02-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Sign him now!!!!

rad
02-27-2009, 12:20 PM
It's not your money. We have over 50 million in cap money! Do it!

:doh!:

That's not the point!

Fat Elvis
02-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Reportedly he wants $6 million a year.

Try $8M a year.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2009, 12:25 PM
After signing Brown, I hope we can negotiate a $10 million/yr contract for Barth.

Shox
02-27-2009, 12:27 PM

I like our defensive backfield over the Lambs.
I like our OL over the Lambs, theirs totally suck. Pace's best days are behind him and he is all they have.
I believe out TE is a little better than the Lambs.
LBs are awful for both, it's a draw.
WR - they may have an edge, but not by much. Holt is getting up their and Bowe is up and coming. After these two neither have much.

The Rams are pretty old and the Chiefs are young, so I would give the Chiefs the edge.

KCrockaholic
02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I like our OL over the Lambs, theirs totally suck. Pace's best days are behind him and he is all they have.
WR - they may have an edge, but not by much. Holt is getting up their and Bowe is up and coming. After these two neither have much.

The Rams are pretty old and the Chiefs are young, so I would give the Chiefs the edge.

Talent-wise. IMO Rams win

The Franchise
02-27-2009, 12:37 PM
QB - Rams
RB - Rams
FB - Wash
WR - Rams
TE - Chiefs
OT - Chiefs
OG - Chiefs
OC - Rams

DE - Rams
DT - Rams
OLB - Wash
MLB - Rams
CB - Chiefs
FS/SS - Wash

OnTheWarpath15
02-27-2009, 12:37 PM

Wow. That couldn't be further from the truth.

We have an edge at LT on the OL. Everything else is is wash (Waters/Bell) or in the favor of the Rams. Incognito and Barron are far superior to Jones/Smith and McIntosh.

We have a better WR1 and TE.

They have a better QB and RB.

Defensively, the only position we are in better shape at is CB.

Clifton Ryan/Adam Carriker > Dorsey/Tank

Little/Long > Hali/Babin

Tinoisamoa/Witherspoon/Culverson are WORLDS ahead of Williams/Boiman/DJ

Otogwe is worlds better than anything we have at safety.

The Rams are WAY ahead of us. It's not even close.

Shox
02-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Talent-wise. IMO Rams win

I don't see it.

Holt, Bulger, Pace, are all on the downhill.
Stephen Jackson is a very nice player.

After this what do they have? Some people will say Long, I think he will be nothing more than an average NFL DE. Avery? I don't see him every being a #1 WR.

rad
02-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't see it.

Holt, Bulger, Pace, are all on the downhill.
Stephen Jackson is a very nice player.

After this what do they have? Some people will say Long, I think he will be nothing more than an average NFL DE. Avery? I don't see him every being a #1 WR.

You're not doing anything productive. Go find me a new avatar.