PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC not interested in Canty or Smith?

Chiefnj2
02-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Per NFL network:

Canty is scheduled to go to the Redskins Friday, Titans Saturday, Seahawks Monday, and then the 49ers if he’s still unsigned. All visits are subject to developments and possible change, of course, but right now that is the big difference between last year and this year. Deals versus visits.

Antonio Smith, meanwhile, has received recent calls and offers to visit the Buccaneers, Giants, Eagles, Texans and Falcons. He now is in the process of prioritizing those teams, at which point he would be expected to finalize an itinerary.

blueballs
02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
They have fires at home to put out

ModSocks
02-27-2009, 11:48 AM
And carl is out on vacation....

MVChiefFan
02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
We are literally not mentioned in association with anybody. I just don't understand...I hope it's some more of that "secretive" BS.

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Lets hope the silence is "holding your cards close" and not from lack of interest or exploration

Manila-Chief
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
And carl is out on vacation....

Good point. If the report is true, at least Pioli was in contact with big Albert. Carl would have been on vacation and not even bothered with the good players. Pioli was active just after mid-night. That's a change.

ChiefRon
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

The FAs we sign will probably elicit the "WTF" responses more than the "Hell Yeah!" responses.

I think we're in for a long-term rebuilding project...

KCrockaholic
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Then who the F*** are they interested in?!? We have 57 MILL! lets start getting somebody, anybody

rad
02-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Then who the F*** are they interested in?!? We have 57 MILL! lets start getting somebody, anybody

Hows a bout we sent a 3rd to Pittsburgh for Kendrell Bell? Does that sound like something you would be interested in?

MIAdragon
02-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Hows a bout we sent a 3rd to Pittsburgh for Kendrell Bell? Does that sound like something you would be interested in?

:cuss:

OnTheWarpath15
02-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Why is ANYONE surprised?

Clark Hunt has been saying for almost 2 months, and reiterated again this week, that we wouldn't be active in the first few days of FA.

What is is going to take for you folks to take the man at his word?

You can't keep closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears, acting like you didn't hear him. He's said it numerous times.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Then who the F*** are they interested in?!? We have 57 MILL! lets start getting somebody, anybodyhttp://i43.tinypic.com/359baj9.gifhttp://i43.tinypic.com/359baj9.gifhttp://i43.tinypic.com/359baj9.gif

DeezNutz
02-27-2009, 12:12 PM
High quantity, few "names."

Chill.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2009, 12:17 PM
On second thought, I'm willing to accept a 1-year, $40 million contract.

Gravedigger
02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
This is the double edged sword that we have invited into Kansas City. For those of us who are hardcore fans and are sick and tired of 610 and 810 reporting about Royals training camp, ARod or monotonous College Basketball coverage, we just want Chiefs coverage. But the Chiefs are lockdown now, they dont let information spill, and this will probably take place throughout the tenure of Scott Pioli. This is a great way for the franchise to carry itself respectfully and with professionalism but it sucks for its fans because we don't get a peep or a whisper of what is going on. So we might be interested in these players, but we won't know until the news breaks that we have made a deal and they are on a plane to be introduced.

beach tribe
02-27-2009, 12:29 PM
I seriously thought that Clark wasn't going to let Carl or Herm have any FAs because he wanted them to fail, all the while playing the build through the draft card, stacking up high picks, and preparing to go after a guy like Pioli after they failed miserably. Hopefully we go after some guys now.

That shit may sound crazy to you, but I do think Clark planned all this shit, and used Herm as a tool to pick at the top of the draft. All that shit about wanting to keep Hermie on was a total sham. Herm was Clark's way of having an excuse to lose. Now it was all Herm, and Carl's fault, Clark is the Hero, and we have all new guys.
How else could a guy tell them he wanted to build through the draft, and then not let them stick around, and see if the draft picks even panned out? Clark is a genius.

StcChief
02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
trust Pioli, it may take a while. Silence is golden.

Boris The Great
02-27-2009, 12:34 PM
You should see the WPI fans freaking out over nobody being signed. Truly a thing of beauty.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
You should see the WPI fans freaking out over nobody being signed. Truly a thing of beauty.Haha.

The ugly girl in the corner

I feel like the chiefs are the ugly girl in the corner at Prom that no one wants to dance with. Here we are with 50+ million dollars to spend, and no one seems to even want to visit or consider them!!!

Even with 50 MILLION DOLLARS...we aren't at least considered

I feel like the chiefs are the ugly girl in the corner at Prom that no one wants to dance with. Here we are with 50+ million dollars to spend, and no one seems to even want to visit or consider them!!!

Even with 50 MILLION DOLLARS...we aren't at least considered.... May as well throw the 50 MILLION Into a the new Stadium...

I for one am getting bummed. Not that I truly expected the team to be huge players in FA, but I am getting bummed at accepting the fact that even if we are hosting FA's today we will not know about anyone signed for days with the new regime. I am beginnning to think that being a Chiefs fan will be pretty boring untill game days from now on.

Let's say the Chiefs aquire Boldin, Cassel and 2 FAs... Let's say the Chiefs will be terrible for another decade!

Boris The Great
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Some of the best meltdowns are on their pay board. People turning on Clark, ready to revolt, etc.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Some of the best meltdowns are on their pay board. People turning on Clark, ready to revolt, etc.Quotes. Now.

Chiefnj2
02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
High quantity, few "names."

Chill.

You really think Canty and Smith are big "names"?

Gdaddy
02-27-2009, 01:18 PM
They arent going to jump in innediately, they will wait till the "stupid money" is off the table. There are plenty of options out there. And to the "Putting out the fires at home", I dont beleive they feel there are problems. it is eveident that is the case by Scott Pioli not agreeing to sit with Waters. I think there are plenty of bargains out there, we just have to be patient.

Yahoo Sports has a story that includes Jeff Garcia coming to the Chiefs. A Free agent Predicition. I highly doubt we bring him in. Although, KC has a high Gay population so that may entice jeff to come here....Just saying....:)

I would love for us to get Canty!! The problem is the new regime doesnt tell us anything so who knows what they are up to. I dont even know if they know what type of defense we will be running. I bet they are behind the scenes trying to evaluate the team we already have and then they will go from there.

Also...Can we please stop pushing for Tyler Thigpen to be the QB? He wasnt necessarily the problem last year, but he cleary isnt the solution. We need afranchise QB...Keep Thiggy because he can run and handles the spread well. Maybe use him for special situations or Wildcat formations. I am still pushing for Cassel....

Boris The Great
02-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Quotes. Now.

Here are some good ones.

CI what is the penalty for not meeting the cap floor?

Maybe Clark Bidwell just will pay the fine?

I mean i do not see how we can possibly spend enough money to get past the salary floor.

Its perfectly clear Clark is all about his bank account and not about winning. Not only did we have the LOWEST payroll of 32 teams and top 5 in revenue he didnt carry some of our cap space from last yr. We could be MORE then 60 million under the cap this yr cause the NFL allows u to carry some of your cap room from yr to yr. Why in the hell would Clark not carry it from last yr. Were the new Royals of the NFL oh wait the Royals spend money now.

I am very disappointed. We have money and will throw it at garbage rather then get actual good proven players. I know its early and not much has happened, but we haven\'t even heard of any incoming visits or anything.

Looks like another top 5 for us next year and we wont even have our best players to root for. If what they said/did to Brian Waters is true I will be very upset with the Chiefs. He is our only voice in there. He feels our frustration. He is only one to rock the boat.

So far I give Pioli/Hunt/Haley a big friggin F. Yes I know its early but with 50 mil plus in the bank we all expected more then this.

There is also plenty of stuff about how we have to do whatever it takes to sign Bart Scott and that kind of thing.

booger
02-27-2009, 04:27 PM
The ugly girl in the corner

I feel like the chiefs are the ugly girl in the corner at Prom that no one wants to dance with.

Better than getting caught sticking your finger in the ugly girl in the corner.