PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock

luv
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Saw some at the grocery sore tonight. Tonight is going to be my cheat night. I haven't eaten much, but I think I'll make up for it by trying in.

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
We signed Sam Adams?

Hammock Parties
02-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Tell me if it's good. I like chocolate and the idea of getting drunk on something with chocolate in it is quite tantalizing.

RealSNR
We signed Sam Adams?Nope. We traded for him. 2nd rounder.

luv
Tell me if it's good. I like chocolate and the idea of getting drunk on something with chocolate in it is quite tantalizing.

If you're going to get drunk on chocolate, then chocolate martinis are the way to go.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2009, 08:47 PM
If you're going to get drunk on chocolate, then chocolate martinis are the way to go.

You can compare this to a CMart and tell me which one is better, then.

Pablo
02-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Tell me if it's good. I like chocolate and the idea of getting drunk on something with chocolate in it is quite tantalizing.Drop a hershey's kiss in a the bottom of a glass of Jack.

That would probably be delicious.

Bugeater
02-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I picked up a six pack of this tonight since it was on sale.

http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/tap-room-lager.gif

Mecca
02-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm gonna take a dump in someones beer and tell em it's chocolate.

luv
02-27-2009, 09:35 PM

Okay, that's just nasty,

DaFace
02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Chocolate beers are one of the few types I'm not a fan of.

el borracho
02-27-2009, 09:36 PM

I'm pretty sure that is alcohol abuse. You'll probably go to jail.

luv
02-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Chocolate beers are one of the few types I'm not a fan of.

I'll find out if I like this one after it gets nice and cold. It's chocolate. I'm a chick.

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I don't want any chocolate in my beer... no fruit either.

WTF's wrong with you people.

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 09:39 PM
I'll find out if I like this one after it gets nice and cold. It's chocolate. I'm a chick.See, that makes it ok.

Guys like plain old beer.

Spicy McHaggis
02-27-2009, 09:40 PM

I'm with you 99.9% of the time. That said this is the perfect "desert beer" for those that are so inclined.

http://chicagoist.com/attachments/chicagoist_chuck/2009_02_NG_Red.jpg

luv
02-27-2009, 09:43 PM

I'm a chick!

Although, I don't do fruit either. No lemon in my Wheat, and no orange in my Blue Moon.

Hammock Parties
See, that makes it ok.

I pretty much hate plain old beer you son of a bitch. I want something queer in it. TAKE THAT!

ArrowheadMagic
Is it too sweet? Does it come with nipples to sip it?

luv
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM
See, that makes it ok.

Well, as long as you say it's okay. ;)

luv
02-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Is it too sweet? Does it come with nipples to sip it?

No, but it comes in a big bottle. One pint plus 9.4 oz.

Skip Towne
02-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Chocolate beer? No, thanks.

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 09:48 PM
I pretty much hate plain old beer you son of a bitch. I want something queer in it. TAKE THAT!LMAO

For you, whatever you can force down, and get buzzed enough to take a chance and end up waking up next to some girl.

Try a 7&7. They're tasty, and get you there quick. No sense in trying it at home, though.

StcChief
02-27-2009, 09:52 PM

WTF's wrong with you people.Chocalate is one thing.....

but Orange in a REAL ALE. is something that CHEAP American Lagers can't hold a candle to, sooner they realize the error in their ways or shrinking market... better off they will be..... F The American POS lagers.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I got drunk at home last night, dammit!

I DRINK ALOOOOOOOOOONE! I PREFER TO BE BY MYSELF!

blueballs
02-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Alcohol Companies
finding new ways of getting ladies drunk
men laid and themselves rich

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I got drunk at home last night, dammit!

I DRINK ALOOOOOOOOOONE! I PREFER TO BE BY MYSELF!Beats drinking and driving. It's not worth the risk.

After that trip to the P&L District, I was afraid my brother's buddy Ryan (our driver) would never be seen with us again. :D (But they're going again this weekend... and he's drivin'. Says he had a blast.)

Find a driver, or drink where ya sleep.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysXMAOgEIq4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysXMAOgEIq4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
02-27-2009, 10:03 PM
lol i need that jacket

panty dropper

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Sleep where ya drink, is an even better option.

That way you get to go out... (house party or something) either hook up, or just crash on the couch.

Just don't leave your dirty socks behind.

Reaper16
02-27-2009, 10:05 PM
For those not liking the idea of chocolate in beer: ever had a Guinness? Chocolate is a big flavor component in Stouts.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2009, 10:07 PM
lol the ending to that is so badass

Can I be him...please?

luv
02-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Beef stew is now simmering on low for tomorrow. I think it's time to get comfy and try it.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Chocolate beer? No, thanks.

I have brewed Chocolate beers and there is NO Chocolate taste what so ever. It's more of a style than a taste. If she is expecting the beer to have a chocolate flavor, she is in for a surprise.

ArrowheadMagic
02-27-2009, 10:14 PM
You started this thread an hour and a half ago and you havent popped the top yet?

luv
02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
I have brewed Chocolate beers and there is NO Chocolate taste what so ever. It's more of a style than a taste. If she is expection the beer to have a chocolate flavor, she is in for a surprise.

Chocolate can be savory as well as sweet. I've had it cooked with chilis to make a sauce. I honestly don't know what to expect.

luv
02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
You started this thread an hour and a half ago and you havent popped the top yet?

I bought it warm.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Chocolate can be savory as well as sweet. I've had it cooked with chilis to make a sauce. I honestly don't know what to expect.

Sammy make a good beer in general, but don't expect it to taste like you are taking a bite of a Hershey bar.

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 10:21 PM
I have brewed Chocolate beers and there is NO Chocolate taste what so ever. It's more of a style than a taste. If she is expecting the beer to have a chocolate flavor, she is in for a surprise.Interesting.

Where does the chocolate come into it, if not for adding chocolate flavor? Is there any actual chocolate involved? Or is it just a term for a brewing technique?

Now I'm curious.

ArrowheadMagic
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I bought it warm.

heh, warm is my 2nd favorite beer.

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 10:23 PM
heh, warm is my 2nd favorite beer.It's my 3rd.

1. Free
2. Cold
3. Warm

luv
02-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Interesting.

Where does the chocolate come into it, if not for adding chocolate flavor? Is there any actual chocolate involved? Or is it just a term for a brewing technique?

Now I'm curious.

And chocolate is bitter when there's no sugar.

This is actually very good. Hint of tht bitter chocolate taste. Very rich.

luv
02-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Couldn't get a good picture.

ArrowheadMagic
02-27-2009, 10:33 PM
It's my 3rd.

1. Free
2. Cold
3. Warm

heh, warm is moving down my list, always forget the free kind... brewed just like I like it.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Interesting.

Now I'm curious.

I would have to check my recipe for that brew, but as luv stated, not all chocolate is sweet. Even if you did stick a "Hershey Bar" in the brewing process, the yeast would eat it up (the sugar) and take out the sweet taste, but would add to the alcohol content. When I brewed with chocolate, I brew up a chocolate porter.

luv
02-27-2009, 10:37 PM
I would have to check my recipe for that brew, but as luv stated, not all chocolate is sweet. Even if you did stick a "Hershey Bar" in the brewing process, the yeast would eat it up (the sugar) and take out the sweet taste, but would add to the alcohol content. When I brewed with chocolate, I brew up a chocolate porter.

What is a Bock?

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:38 PM

Here you go.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:40 PM
What is a Bock?

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/beer-faq/part1/section-7.html

luv
02-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Here you go.

And this is 5.5%.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:43 PM
And this is 5.5%.

Heh, try Doppelbock. I can't stand it myself, but it has a hell of a kick.

luv
02-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Heh, try Doppelbock. I can't stand it myself, but it has a hell of a kick.

I don't think I'd be able to tolerate much stronger than this.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think I'd be able to tolerate much stronger than this.

Doppelbock tastes nothing like beer. It's really hard to explain the taste, but it's very malty and I have seen it reach 12-13%. It will burn the paint off cars, and knock the hair off your cooter. Nasty stuff IMHO.

Reaper16
02-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm partial to Maibocks as far as lagers go.

Taco John
02-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I have brewed Chocolate beers and there is NO Chocolate taste what so ever. It's more of a style than a taste. If she is expecting the beer to have a chocolate flavor, she is in for a surprise.

I was thinking the same thing, getting a good laugh at people who think that a chocolate bock is a "chick" beer. That stuff will put hair on your chest.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing, getting a good laugh at people who think that a chocolate bock is a "chick" beer. That stuff will put hair on your chest.

This

Bugeater
02-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Wow, that's one of the nicest apartment kitchens I've ever seen.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2009, 10:51 PM
luv would prefer a chocolate cock

luv
02-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Wow, that's one of the nicest apartment kitchens I've ever seen.

Oh! I've got pictures!

luv
02-27-2009, 10:53 PM

Yeah, KcMizzou! :p

Taco John
02-27-2009, 10:53 PM
What is a Bock?

Dark rich malts. Low hop content. High Alcohol content. Finishes smooth and sweet.

luv
02-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Dark rich malts. Low hop content. High Alcohol content. Finishes smooth and sweet.

Yeah. One glass, and I'm kinda startin' to feel it already.

Taco John
02-27-2009, 10:56 PM

Would this be an accurate description of what you're drinking Luv?

I'm jealous.

I'm going to have to drown my jealousy in an IPA. :)

Bwana
02-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah. One glass, and I'm kinda startin' to feel it already.

If you drink two bottles, you will likely be on top of the local water tower howling at the moon. :eek:

KcMizzou
02-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, KcMizzou! :pCurses... Foiled again!

I honestly thought it was something like the "raspberry ale" I was asked to taste a while back.

That was kinda like a beer/wine cooler. Think... dropping a Jolly Rancher in your beer, like the Zima drinkers used to do.

luv
02-27-2009, 10:59 PM
If you drink two bottles, you will likely be on top of the local water tower howling at the moon. :eek:

Well, I'll finish this bottle tonight. Probably almost a pint left.

Reaper16
02-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Been through 3 bottles of Sierra Nevada Extra IPA tonight. It's pretty sessionable; I'm not feeling anything despite the 7.2% ABV.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Well, I'll finish this bottle tonight. Probably almost a pint left.

You should sleep like a baby.

luv
02-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Curses... Foiled again!

I honestly thought it was something like the "raspberry ale" I was asked to taste a while back.

That was kinda like a beer/wine cooler. Think... dropping a Jolly Rancher in your beer, like the Zima drinkers used to do.

I tried a 75th Street Raspberry Ale while I was up in KC in 07. Wasn't too bad, but I just don't do fruity beer, either.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Been through 3 bottles of Sierra Nevada Extra IPA tonight. It's pretty sessionable; I'm not feeling anything despite the 7.2% ABV.

Have you tired Alaskan IPA? That is a rather tasty beverage.

luv
02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Would this be an accurate description of what you're drinking Luv?

I'm jealous.

It's a good description, yes. And well worth the $13.99 I splurged on it.

Taco John
02-27-2009, 11:06 PM

You're not doing enough jumping jacks then... ;)

Taco John
02-27-2009, 11:07 PM
This is my standard IPA:

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/08/halobeer.jpg
Broken Halo IPA

I love just about everything that Widmer does.

Taco John
02-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I personally love a good fruity beer, unashamed. But if you're drinking it in any time outside of the summer, I'll look at you crook-eyed. Fruity beer is strictly summer beer, to be drank in the full summer sun. Pete's Wicked Strawberry Ale is about the shit. Pyramid's Apricot Ale makes me drool just thinking about it.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/467.jpg

http://www.pyramidbrew.com/assets/Image/ApricotBottle.jpg

God I love living in the Pacific Northwest!

luv
02-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I personally love a good fruity beer, unashamed. But if you're drinking it in any time outside of the summer, I'll look at you crook-eyed. Fruity beer is strictly summer beer, to be drank in the full summer sun. Pete's Wicked Strawberry Ale is about the shit. Pyramid's Apricot Ale makes me drool just thinking about it.

Oh, I do love strawberries. Just not sure about having them in my beer.

Bwana
02-27-2009, 11:15 PM

One of the best beers I have brewed to date was a Strawberry. EVERYONE who tried it, loved it. Fresh Strawberry's in the batch, damn that was good on those hot August nights. I need to brew that again this summer.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-27-2009, 11:17 PM
I pretty much hate plain old beer you son of a bitch. I want something queer in it. TAKE THAT!

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/American-Pie-movie-01.jpg

Frazod
02-28-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm a chick!

Although, I don't do fruit either. No lemon in my Wheat, and no orange in my Blue Moon.

I like orange or lemon slice in my Hacker Pschorr. I've really gotten hooked on that - I don't want to drink anything else now.

And I tried Blue Moon last night - tastes like a mix of beer, orange soda and dishwater. Fuck that was gross.

luv
02-28-2009, 12:34 AM
I like orange or lemon slice in my Hacker Pschorr. I've really gotten hooked on that - I don't want to drink anything else now.

And I tried Blue Moon last night - tastes like a mix of beer, orange soda and dishwater. **** that was gross.

I like Blue Moon. Blvd Wheat is better.

patteeu
02-28-2009, 05:18 AM

I had a chocolate beer at a Buffalo Wild Wings a year or so ago and it definitely had a chocolate flavor. It was the worst beer I've ever tasted. I couldn't take more than a few pulls before I had to push it away and get something else. I don't remember the brand, but it wasn't Sam Adams.

1moreTRich
02-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Homebrew unlurk

Most of the time Chocolate beers just have what is called chocolate malt in them. This is basically a roasted malt that imparts the roasty bitterness of chocolate but does not contain any chocolate. Along with this, some beers add cocoa powder, chocolate nibs, or other dark chocolate items that don't contain sugar for more of that chocolate flavor.

I have said this before but again Youngs Double Chocolate Stout is the best Chocolate stout I have ever had

relurk

KCUnited
02-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Homebrew unlurk

Most of the time Chocolate beers just have what is called chocolate malt in them. This is basically a roasted malt that imparts the roasty bitterness of chocolate but does not contain any chocolate. Along with this, some beers add cocoa powder, chocolate nibs, or other dark chocolate items that don't contain sugar for more of that chocolate flavor.

I have said this before but again Youngs Double Chocolate Stout is the best Chocolate stout I have ever had

relurk

I was just about to post about Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. Outstanding beer.

Extra Point
02-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Blue Moon... tastes like a mix of beer, orange soda and dishwater.

QFT. Since I live in KC and boycott non-North American brews, I'm a Boulevard Pale Ale 20-pack guy, and have an unfiltered wheat occasionally. I like a Blue Labatt-omy every once in a while, but haven't had one in about a year.

CHEERS

Reaper16
02-28-2009, 11:44 AM
QFT. Since I live in KC and boycott non-North American brews, I'm a Boulevard Pale Ale 20-pack guy, and have an unfiltered wheat occasionally. I like a Blue Labatt-omy every once in a while, but haven't had one in about a year.

CHEERS
You should upgrade to Boulevard Single-Wide IPA :D