PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carl is that you?

SenselessChiefsFan
02-27-2009, 09:07 PM
So far today, I have read about the GM alienating a player and trading for a 34 year old washed up linebacker.

I thought we got rid of THAT guy.

I know that there are some that are fine with the way Shields was treated. I am not. I think there are better ways to handle the situation. Much like you don't tell Tait to STFD... you don't completely blow off Shields.

Was Shields out of line? I think so. But, you can still handle the situation with tact. You can be firm, fair, AND polite.

And, the first big move the Chiefs make? They trade for Vrabel. Give me a freaking break. Seriously. What happened to Pioli valuing draft picks?

I am probably over reacting, but today has sucked as a Chiefs' fan in my opinion.

Basileus777
02-27-2009, 09:12 PM
I suppose that it is no surprise that a poster of your quality doesn't know the different between Shields and Waters.

Sensible indeed.

Hammock Parties
02-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Herm has you brainwashed into thinking veterans have no place on a team trying to rebuild a defense.

The Chiefs wanted Bart Scott but clearly weren't going to overpay. Vrabel makes sense until we find a replacement via the draft.

CupidStunt
02-27-2009, 09:15 PM
0-0.

Archie Bunker
02-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Shields can retire for all I care.

Bugeater
02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
No one knows what really happened. We've only heard one side of the story.

Spicy McHaggis
02-27-2009, 09:35 PM

I agree. I can't remember him doing ANYTHING last year. Maybe we can trade him for Matt Cassel.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-28-2009, 08:23 AM
I suppose that it is no surprise that a poster of your quality doesn't know the different between Shields and Waters.

Sensible indeed.

I am the fist person on this board to switch up names, I am sure. Mindless mistake.

But, for the record its 'difference' between. I guess it is no surprise that you would make that mistake.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Herm has you brainwashed into thinking veterans have no place on a team trying to rebuild a defense.

The Chiefs wanted Bart Scott but clearly weren't going to overpay. Vrabel makes sense until we find a replacement via the draft.

No, watching years of the Chiefs fail have me thinking that it is time to build this thing RIGHT. This guy is 34 freaking years old. He is coming off what most consider to be his worst year as a Patriot.

I would have been fine signing the guy to a deal in free agency. Not my favorite guy, but fine. But a trade? A trade in which we give up an actual draft pick?

Give me a freaking break.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-28-2009, 08:27 AM
0-0.

You are right.... and I have not given up hope, but for all the 'change', I was just dissapointed.

The other part is that you have to look beyond the record to see where the team is actually headed.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-28-2009, 08:28 AM

ROFL

58-4ever
02-28-2009, 08:30 AM
You are right.... and I have not given up hope, but for all the 'change', I was just dissapointed.

The other part is that you have to look beyond the record to see where the team is actually headed.

We desperately need linebackers. You wanted big, strong, smart football players. We got one. He probably only has about 2 or 3 years left, but Scott brought some veteran leadership to a team that lacked ANY leadership last year. Not even from the coaching staff. Waters will suck it up and block for Mark Sanchez.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-28-2009, 08:32 AM
:redface:I agree. I can't remember him doing ANYTHING last year. Maybe we can trade him for Matt Cassel.

:redface:

the Talking Can
02-28-2009, 08:36 AM
http://www.kotex.co.za/_images/ourproducts/amb_pads.jpg

speak24
02-28-2009, 08:43 AM
ROFL

gblowfish
02-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Wow...that is one seriously F'ed up thread start.

Agent V
02-28-2009, 09:19 AM
I'd rather have Vrabel than a grocery bagger at linebacker, but that's just me.

smittysbar
02-28-2009, 09:25 AM
And all this time I thought he retired.........

Messier
02-28-2009, 09:33 AM
No, watching years of the Chiefs fail have me thinking that it is time to build this thing RIGHT. This guy is 34 freaking years old. He is coming off what most consider to be his worst year as a Patriot.

I would have been fine signing the guy to a deal in free agency. Not my favorite guy, but fine. But a trade? A trade in which we give up an actual draft pick?

You know Vrabel is a quality starter for a few years, and a mentor to younger players. Do you know what round pick was traded? I wouldn't want to give up anything higher than a 5th, but 5th or lower and I say why not? He'll start and be a good influence.

burt
02-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I am the fist person on this board to switch up names, I am sure. Mindless mistake.

But, for the record its 'difference' between. I guess it is no surprise that you would make that mistake.

But, for the record its 'first'. I guess it is no surprise that you would make that mistake.ROFL

smittysbar
02-28-2009, 09:55 AM
But, for the record its 'first'. I guess it is no surprise that you would make that mistake.ROFL

ROFL :evil:

orange
02-28-2009, 10:03 AM

But for the ever-longer playing record it's "it's." :doh!:

Hydrae
02-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I'd rather have Vrabel than a grocery bagger at linebacker, but that's just me.

I wouldn't mind having a former grocery bagger at QB for the next year or two (Warner).

htismaqe
02-28-2009, 11:09 AM

We've ALREADY got as many young players as one team can handle. And we're gonna add a half-dozen more in April.

We are building it RIGHT, you've given it all of 24 hours.

Extra Point
02-28-2009, 11:47 AM
We've ALREADY got as many young players as one team can handle. And we're gonna add a half-dozen more in April.

We are building it RIGHT, you've given it all of 24 hours.
THIS

SenselessChiefsFan
02-28-2009, 12:56 PM
THIS

To make me look even more foolish, Scott Pioli supposedly got Vrabel AND Cassel for a second round pick.

Okay, so there IS a reason this guy is a GM.

htismaqe
02-28-2009, 01:16 PM
To make me look even more foolish, Scott Pioli supposedly got Vrabel AND Cassel for a second round pick.

Okay, so there IS a reason this guy is a GM.

I didn't really want Cassel, but if we got him and Vrabel for the #34 overall, that's not a bad deal AT ALL.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I didn't really want Cassel, but if we got him and Vrabel for the #34 overall, that's not a bad deal AT ALL.

I didn't want Cassel either. However, it will prevent us from reaching (imo) for Sanchez.

So, I am cool with that.