PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Trade Values

CaliforniaChief
02-28-2009, 01:46 AM
I don't think Pioli minds giving up a draft pick for a guy like Vrabel because he's planning on acquiring more picks by trading guys. Clearly there are at least three guys who could be on the block. What do you think their fair market values are? I'll throw out my guesses...

Gonzalez: 2nd round (He's better than Shockey but I want to keep him.)
LJ: 4th round (Isn't he more valuable than Vrabel? Ryan Sims even fetched us a late pick so he's gotta be worth something.)
Waters: 3rd round (Plays at good level obviously, but age diminishes his value.)

Is there anyone else you see being traded for picks?

aturnis
02-28-2009, 02:13 AM
I'd say Dorsey, Hali, and DJ, b/c they don't exactly fit the 3-4.

Dorsey - he doesn't exactly fit as a DT or DE. Though I think Haley's comment of "He can play in either a 4-3 or a 3-4" makes me think they'll play him this year and see how he does, and give him the best opportunity to shine. If he flourishes, good deal. I think they'll try to get as much out of him as possible though, hoping to get his stock up for a trade later if he won't fit long term.

Hali - he sucks and doesn't fit anywhere. He won't be in the teams long term plans, and though he's signed through 2010, he's useless. Get something for him, whatever it is.

DJ - he doesn't fit as a OLB and his huge knock is and always has been his inability to shed blocks. Making him a liability at ILB. Maybe if they get a guy to take on the blocks, ala Bart Scott, in order to free up DJ, he could cut the mustard, but I dunno. Also, we might hybrid it this year, so it might help to keep him through the transition. On the other hand...this is the last year of his contract, and if he's not in the teams long term plans, trade him now and get something for him.

pr_capone
02-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Pollard is at a crossroads in KC.

I would like for one of these things to happen:

*Pollard gets traded so Morgan can get a shot. other teams may see Pollard as having suffered under Gunther and Herm and believe he is worth a spot... even if only as a ST player.

*Morgan gets the nod over Pollard. Pollard becomes the next Gary Stills as THE special teams leader.

*Pollard sacks up and lives up to his fucking moniker. Goes on to lead the defense along with Flowers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2009, 02:20 AM

*Pollard gets traded so Morgan can get a shot. other teams may see Pollard as having suffered under Gunther and Herm and believe he is worth a spot... even if only as a ST player.

*Morgan gets the nod over Pollard. Pollard becomes the next Gary Stills as THE special teams leader.

*Pollard sacks up and lives up to his fucking moniker. Goes on to lead the defense along with Flowers.

Yep, Pollard is my "Adopt a Chief". I'd like things to work out for him. But if not, time marches on...

ChiefsCountry
02-28-2009, 02:28 AM

*Pollard sacks up and lives up to his ****ing moniker. Goes on to lead the defense along with Flowers.

Morgan should be playing free safety not strong.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Morgan should be playing free safety not strong.

After the dust settles, it will be interesting to see how Haley utilizes the guys from the Herm-era.

"Herm-Era". Past-tense. I like it.

BryanBusby
02-28-2009, 02:33 AM
I'd be happy if we got a conditional 7th rounder for LJ.

Mecca
02-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Bernard Pollard is literally one of my least favorite players...

The sad thing is this team probably needs another safety.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2009, 02:36 AM
I wouldn't even be that pissed if we drafted a guy like Louis Delmas. He and Morgan could be a good combo.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2009, 02:38 AM
We haven't ripped on Pollard in awhile. Feels good.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2009, 02:39 AM
I'd be happy if we got a conditional 7th rounder for LJ.

I'd be surprised to get a crate of Gatorade and a new washing machine for him...

ChiefsCountry
02-28-2009, 02:40 AM
I wouldnt be suprised if they sign Leonard the safety from the Ravens. I am not a fan but he seems like a Pioli signing type.

BryanBusby
02-28-2009, 02:45 AM
I wouldnt be suprised if they sign Leonard the safety from the Ravens. I am not a fan but he seems like a Pioli signing type.

Looks like Rex Ryan wants him on the Jets. Seeing the contract they gave to Bart Scott, wouldn't count on it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2009, 02:45 AM
We haven't ripped on Pollard in awhile. Feels good.

Did he fuck your sister or something?! You really hate that guy. :D

BradyFTW!
02-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Did he **** your sister or something?! You really hate that guy. :D

Hahaha, mention his name around a Pats fan sometime.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2009, 02:48 AM
http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/894687/bernard-pollard-tee_red.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2009, 02:49 AM
Hahaha, mention his name around a Pats fan sometime.

After the incident, I enjoyed mentioning his name to MANY an irate Pats fan!:D

aturnis
02-28-2009, 02:49 AM

*Pollard sacks up and lives up to his ****ing moniker. Goes on to lead the defense along with Flowers.

I think he may have been hampered a bit under Gun. Hence the comments following Herm and Guns firings.

"Anxious about a new DC, hopefully one that will keep me in the box and let me do my job"

"Haley will not just coach us, he'll teach us."

"Excited, you'll see new faces on coaching staff, new scheme, FA's, hopefully the new DC will have the SS playing SS and the FS playing FS; this was a strange, strange season."

I wouldn't let Pollard go on hopes that Morgan will flourish. He hasn't proven anything. Pollard, I think, stays for now. We'll see how he does with better coaching in a new system.

Also, there are a few safety's in next years draft that could be GREAT. Just ask Mecca. If the Chiefs got a lights out safety who is athletic enough to cover the field, Pollard could have more freedom to freelance and hit like he loves to do. It might be good for him, he wouldn't be such a liability and that alone could make what he does acceptable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2009, 02:51 AM
The guy that made and sold those was a Steeler fan. Worked out pretty goddamned well for him I'd say!

:fire:

aturnis
02-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Bernard Pollard is literally one of my least favorite players...

The sad thing is this team probably needs another safety.

Next years draft. I'm all for it.

Hammock Parties
02-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Did he fuck your sister or something?! You really hate that guy. :D

He has the body language of a Pro Bowler.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2009, 03:09 AM
He has the body language of a Pro Bowler.

And the Greatest Dancer Fort Wayne ever produced! LMAO

Mecca
02-28-2009, 03:25 AM
Yea I wouldn't take a safety this year...Eric Berry and Taylor Mays will be 2 of the best prospects as safeties ever.

aturnis
02-28-2009, 03:26 AM
Yea I wouldn't take a safety this year...Eric Berry and Taylor Mays will be 2 of the best prospects as safeties ever.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Mecca
02-28-2009, 03:28 AM
Of course if we go 3-4 I guess we won't be taking Carlos Dunlap then.

aturnis
02-28-2009, 03:35 AM
I wouldn't be too disappointed to see a lot of this years draft go toward offense, and a LB or two, and focus primarily on defense next year.

ChiefsCountry
02-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Of course if we go 3-4 I guess we won't be taking Carlos Dunlap then.

Cody or one of the safeties.

Mecca
02-28-2009, 03:39 AM
Well Dunlap is big enough to play in a 3-4 he's 290 but it would kind of waste him unless he can do 20 things like Seymour.

aturnis
02-28-2009, 03:44 AM
What height is he listed at? 6'5"-6'7"?

Mecca
02-28-2009, 03:47 AM
He's 6'6 290 he basically is Mario Williams type of size and talent.

aturnis
02-28-2009, 03:50 AM
Yeah, definetaly prototypical size for a 3-4 DE, but a lot of talent going to waste for such a high pick.

58-4ever
02-28-2009, 08:05 AM

I'd love the opportunity to grab Taylor Mays. Unfortunately, that would most likely mean that we are REALLY bad AGAIN.

cabletech94
02-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I'd be surprised to get a crate of Gatorade and a new washing machine for him...

Whoa, dude, stop.

You are totally being unfair to gatorade.

Stanley Nickels
02-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Anybody think that, with possible injury questions remaining, William Moore will be available in the third? He was mocked throughout the season as a mid-first, then had a less-than-productive season and dropped to the second.

I say third, only because I think we have so many more pressing needs to address with first and second round-caliber picks, but I think he'd be undervalued if picked up in the third. Really, he has great speed and size and was mismanaged by Eberflus this past season, as a blitzing linebacker hybrid. For his true potential, see the 2007 season. He has a highlight reel on YouTube, and there's a goalline stand against K-State where he literally flew at Freeman and prevented a touchdown... THAT is where you can see his potential.

Anyway, we were on the subject of safeties, so I thought I'd jump in.. Thoughts?

Chief Chief
02-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Getting back to the original theme posed in the starter thread:

Gonzalez: Veteran performer who shows up to play but could pull the plug at any time and retire (or threaten to) if/when things aren't going so well for the team = 5th rounder, tops.

LJ: Requires an established O-line with effective blockers to bust him out for big gains (note: check his stats when playing with O-line of Waters/Shields/Roaf vs. O-line with Waters/Albert/McIntosh) + everyone knows he wants out of KC + off-the-field issues = no trade offered to Chiefs

Waters: Very good but ready to begin the downslide of his career; a GM may go for him if he thinks his team has a real shot at getting into the Super Bowl this year = 6th rounder.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I'd say Dorsey, Hali, and DJ, b/c they don't exactly fit the 3-4.

Dorsey - he doesn't exactly fit as a DT or DE. Though I think Haley's comment of "He can play in either a 4-3 or a 3-4" makes me think they'll play him this year and see how he does, and give him the best opportunity to shine. If he flourishes, good deal. I think they'll try to get as much out of him as possible though, hoping to get his stock up for a trade later if he won't fit long term.

Hali - he sucks and doesn't fit anywhere. He won't be in the teams long term plans, and though he's signed through 2010, he's useless. Get something for him, whatever it is.

DJ - he doesn't fit as a OLB and his huge knock is and always has been his inability to shed blocks. Making him a liability at ILB. Maybe if they get a guy to take on the blocks, ala Bart Scott, in order to free up DJ, he could cut the mustard, but I dunno. Also, we might hybrid it this year, so it might help to keep him through the transition. On the other hand...this is the last year of his contract, and if he's not in the teams long term plans, trade him now and get something for him.

Dorsey- I can see him getting traded. I doubt it due to his draft status and the bonuse money they paid him... but perhaps. I think he will be fine at the nose. I know he is a little undersized, but I think he can add a little weight and be good.

Hali- I think you couldn't be more wrong about this guy. He is one of the most underated guys on the team, and he is a great fit for the 3-4.

DJ- Who is going to give anything up for him? Seriously. Might as well put him at ILB. He has struggled to get off blocks, but, the Chiefs defensive line will have to keep blockers off him. With Turk and Boone at DE, and Dorsey in the middle, I think the Chiefs defensive line will be pretty good allowing DJ to make plays.

But... I do think he is gone after this season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Whoa, dude, stop.

You are totally being unfair to gatorade.

LMAO

DaKCMan AP
02-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I'd love the opportunity to grab Taylor Mays. Unfortunately, that would most likely mean that we are REALLY bad AGAIN.

I'd rather have Berry, but wouldn't be disappointed with either.