PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs quick question for those who know, or are curious to find out

no love
02-28-2009, 03:07 AM
How bout that new front office? Bunch of As*holes? Or is this the shrewd leadership we have been lacking?

My loyalties will always be with the red and gold/white, with that said,
my vote:

bunch of as*holes that is what this org. needs. I'm not sure but I think I like it.

RustShack
02-28-2009, 03:08 AM
This is what we needed.

RustShack
02-28-2009, 03:09 AM
I mean...

http://www.dailysportspages.com/forums/images/smilies/omgonoz.gif

KcMizzou
02-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Massive panic, followed by overwhelming satisfaction.

May take more than a season.

Mecca
02-28-2009, 03:21 AM
I don't think they're assholes, I just don't think this team was run properly as an organization the front office was far to nice and loyal to players, winning is the name of the game not rewarding your favorite sons.

I won't be surprised to see several KC fan faves be gone that's the name of business.

smittysbar
02-28-2009, 03:23 AM
My god, all we have is half the story and it is most likely construed.

aturnis
02-28-2009, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I didn't like how Herm wanted to be everyone's friend. Training camp last year looked a LOT less strenuous than even H.S. football practice. Top that off with Edwards joking around all practice long and I don't see where the players learned anything. I think a lot of the players newly acquired knowledge came from playing, like Herm said it would. Though, some people learn in different ways.

I think maybe they played Dorsey heads up w/ opposing guards in order to make it as hard for him as possible. In turn, making him work harder to do well, in turn, making him a better player. Line him up in a gap next season and I think we see a different player.

Same might go for the safety's. Pollard commented on he and Page were playing the wrong positions. Maybe they did that on purpose to MAKE Pollard become a better cover guy, and to MAKE Page try to get better in run support. Anyways, probably looking way too far into it.

What I definitely didn't like, was how he catered to his star veterans. Babying LJ. "Hey LJ, what's wrong? It's alright, it'll be okay. Wanna cookie?" Getting way too unprofessional w/ Waters and Gonzalez. They are players, they shouldn't have a say in the direction of the team. I'd be pissed if Waters showed up demanding answers when all I could think about was working hard to find ALL the right guys possible in FA, the draft and for the staff. How fucking selfish are you, that you want to waste my time talking about YOU, when I have a football team and coaching staff to build and prepare. Do YOUR job and play football.

I like the attitude..."We owe you nothing. It is a PRIVILEGE for you to play in this league. You owe us, we give you a job, the team has provided you with a career, not to mention a cushy lifestyle. If you didn't get a Superbowl ring, it ain't on us, it's on you for not doing whatever it was you had to do to get one. That goes for TG too. Ungrateful bastards. You'll get the honor and respect you deserve if you win a SB, or get to the hall. We appreciate your services, but if you're unhappy...leave.

no love
02-28-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't think they're assholes, I just don't think this team was run properly as an organization the front office was far to nice and loyal to players, winning is the name of the game not rewarding your favorite sons.

I won't be surprised to see several KC fan faves be gone that's the name of business.

I agree that the player loyalties may have been a little strong. And I welcome a new regime with everyone starting on the same page. But it does catch us off gaurd when a respected vet like waters is the first person to get his ass chewed by Haley.
I thought for sure it would've been some knucklehead.