PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Housh?

Pablo
02-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I mean, I suppose since we're going all out in FA, how difficult/what would it take to get Housh?

Is it even possible?

Demonpenz
02-28-2009, 01:16 PM
hell yeah!

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
02-28-2009, 01:17 PM
i hope so!

Dr. Van Halen
02-28-2009, 01:17 PM
It's weird having a GM who doesn't vacation in Scotland during the first weeks of FA.

Coogs
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Maybe getting Vrabel and Cassel will make KC a more attractive venue for the free agents out there. We can only hope. TJ would be a great option IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, now that Scott got his NE lover I'm sure he'll want to find him a weapon. I could see this happening.

Pablo
02-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Well, now that Scott got his NE lover I'm sure he'll want to find him a weapon. I could see this happening.Yeah, Cassel had some pretty ridiculous weapons in NE, when he comes here he's gonna have Bowe and maybe Gonzo.

I haven't given up on Franklin, he could be a good in the slot, but I dunno who he's gonna be chucking the ball around to.

HC_Chief
02-28-2009, 01:21 PM
That would be f*cking sick! Best offseason EVAR :D

KCrockaholic
02-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Pray all night

SPATCH
02-28-2009, 01:23 PM
holy pioli that would be neat

doomy3
02-28-2009, 01:24 PM
I was just thinking about how it would make sense to get a guy like Housh, or even maybe more likely, a guy like Nate Washington or Devery Henderson who can stretch the field.

FloridaMan88
02-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Paying big $$$ for WRs who have been a #2 WR their entire career has been proven over and over again to be a failed approach. See Alvin Harper, Brett Perriman, Peerless Price, Jerry Porter, etc.

Blindside58
02-28-2009, 01:30 PM
I was thinking for a cheap price that Mike Furrey would be a good pick up as well

Basileus777
02-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I was just thinking about how it would make sense to get a guy like Housh, or even maybe more likely, a guy like Nate Washington or Devery Henderson who can stretch the field.

Nate Washington is a slot receiver. He never really played well when he had to start for Pitt.

Ultra Peanut
02-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Housh is 32 years old.

Pablo
02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Housh is 32 years old.Yeah, I just looked up his bio a minute ago on nfl.com.

I really thought he was only like 6 seasons in for some reason.

Bowser
02-28-2009, 01:48 PM
A good possibility, since some team didn't blow an oversized money wad in the opening hours of free agency on him. He may be willing to listen to an offer, seeing the direction the Chiefs are going.

holy pioli that would be neat

Did you just say "neat"?

Buck
02-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Paying big $$$ for WRs who have been a #2 WR their entire career has been proven over and over again to be a failed approach. See Alvin Harper, Brett Perriman, Peerless Price, Jerry Porter, etc.

I would say that Housh has been a #1 the last 2 years.

Gravedigger
02-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Last I heard from the Houshmenzadeh news, he was going to Seattle to talk with them, so if we can coerce him down here I'm sure he'd pick us over Seattle.

unothadeal
02-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Clark Hunt: We're going to build through the draft :rolleyes:

FloridaMan88
02-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Apparently Housh's agent approached Philly and told them his client was going to give the team a discount because Housh really wanted to play there... one problem... this so called "discounted" price was actually higher than what Housh and agent were asking from other teams.

txhawk
02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Did I see somewhere that Lance Moore was a free agent? If he is, I'd think we'd give that guy a shot at the slot. He was pretty exceptional in that Saints offense last year. He could easily play the role of a poor man's Welker.

chiefsfanintx
02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
He's also talking to Minn

soundmind
02-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Apparently Housh's agent approached Philly and told them his client was going to give the team a discount because Housh really wanted to play there... one problem... this so called "discounted" price was actually higher than what other Housh and agent were asking from other teams.

I read that too, makes you question what the hell is going on with that though - agents can probably screw things up too. I'd be curious to hear the rest of the sides from that story.

He was apparently considering MIN as well, b/c of the attention given to AD, he'd be in favorable coverages....All Day.

THE HOOSH IS LOOSE!

Joe Seahawk
02-28-2009, 02:20 PM
He spent the day up here yesterday, I hope he signs here..

http://blog.oregonlive.com/nfl/2008/08/large_VMAC.jpg

Seahawks greet Houshmandzadeh
Star free agent visits team HQ

By CLARE FARNSWORTH
P-I REPORTER

The opening day of NFL free agency quickly became a you-woo-some/you-lose-some exercise for the Seahawks.

Despite warnings of not making an immediate splash in free agency from club president Tim Ruskell, the Seahawks spent Friday hosting T.J. Houshmandzadeh -- the top-rated wide receiver available in this year's pool -- who has averaged 98 receptions, 1,042 receiving yards and eight touchdown catches the past three seasons for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Houshmandzadeh flew from his home in Southern California to Seattle with his wife and daughters, and they then were taken to the team's headquarters on the shores of Lake Washington in owner Paul Allen's seaplane.

Houshmandzadeh, 31, met with Ruskell, as well as coach Jim Mora and offensive coordinator Greg Knapp to discuss what his role would be.

The Seahawks also have visits planned with Dallas Cowboys defensive end Chris Canty and Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Michael Clayton, according to their agents. Canty is due in Monday, while a date for Clayton hasn't been set.

The club is close to losing running back Maurice Morris, who reportedly has agreed to a three-year, $7 million contract with the Detroit Lions; and can expect to lose defensive tackle Rocky Bernard, who visited the New York Giants on Friday.

But the Seahawks were not planning to re-sign either of those former draft choices, as they move in different directions with Knapp taking over the offense and Casey "Gus" Bradley the new defensive coordinator on Mora's first Seahawks staff.

The Seahawks' look-and-see approach came on a first day of free agency that included, well, a little bit of everything.

There was the expected mega-deal for defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth ($100 million over seven years from -- who else? -- the Redskins). There was one player shopping an offer to his former team (Ravens linebacker Bart Scott, who eventually accepted a six-year, $48 million deal from the Jets). There were trades (including the Browns sending tight end Kellen Winslow to the Buccaneers). There were players released (including former Seahawks cornerback Shaun Springs by the Redskins). There were players re-signing with their teams (including Titans QB Kerry Collins and Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma).

There were even false reports, like the one that had Saints tackle Jon Stinchcomb "very likely" to sign with the Seahawks.

"There is absolutely no truth to those rumors," said Pat Dye, Stinchcomb's agent. "I have not had a single conversation with Seattle regarding Jon Stinchcomb."

The Seahawks' interest in Houshmandzadeh is understandable, as is the decision by the former Oregon State receiver to start the free-agency process with a visit to Seattle.

Whether this will become the perfect match depends on how much the Seahawks are willing to pay, and how much Houshmandzadeh might be offered from other teams. He is reportedly seeking a three- or four-year contract that averages $10 million, which would be out of the Seahawks' range.

Houshmandzadeh has said he's also interested in talking to the Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and Giants -- and that he'd like to make a decision on where he'll sign by Saturday night.

The 6-foot-1, 199-pound Houshmandzadeh was characterized by one league scout as a bigger, better and younger version of Bobby Engram, who has been so productive as the slot receiver for the Seahawks the past seven seasons.

Houshmandzadeh also draws high marks for his blocking, another plus with the Seahawks going to a more run-oriented offense and zone-blocking scheme under Knapp.

Less obvious is what the Seahawks' plans would be for Canty, because he has played end in a 3-4 defense with the Cowboys. But the Seahawks view that as a plus, because Canty (6-7, 304) could give them a more physical presence at end and also slide inside to tackle.

Canty had a Friday trip planned to meet with the Redskins, but it was canceled after they signed Haynesworth. Now, he's scheduled to visit the Giants on Saturday and Sunday, before heading to the West Coast to meet with the Seahawks.

The Titans, 49ers and Packers also are interested in bringing in Canty.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/401799_hawk28.html

Bowser
02-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Back off, Joe. You've been to the Super BOwl this millenium; it's been 40 plus years since the CHiefs have been to the championship. We need players.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Whatever gets us to 8-8.

morphius
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Did I see somewhere that Lance Moore was a free agent? If he is, I'd think we'd give that guy a shot at the slot. He was pretty exceptional in that Saints offense last year. He could easily play the role of a poor man's Welker.
Restricted Free Agent, I'm not sure if there was a tender offered, but I'd expect there was and it was probably one of the higher ones.

Bowser
02-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Restricted Free Agent, I'm not sure what tender he was offered.

I do believe he was an undrafted rookie free agent, meaning we would only owe a seventh (I think. The rules get fuzzy there).

smittysbar
02-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Whatever gets us to 8-8.

???????huh

Baby Lee
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
TJ Hauschmazode!! Print Em!!!

txhawk
02-28-2009, 09:52 PM
I do believe he was an undrafted rookie free agent, meaning we would only owe a seventh (I think. The rules get fuzzy there).
If that is true, he seems like a no brainer.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Housh is 32 years old.

He will be when the season starts. I'm surprised. I thought he was like 27 for some reason. Mah baaaaaaad.

KCBOSS1
02-28-2009, 10:00 PM
MR. PIOLI, I KNOW YOU READ THE PLANET. GO GET A SIGNED CHECK FROM CLARK, MAKE AN EMERGENCY FLIGHT TO WHERE EVER HOUSH IS MAKE THE DEAL. WE'LL BUY TICKETS...GO GET TJ!

Mecca
02-28-2009, 10:01 PM
He expects 9 mill a year...

KCBOSS1
02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Somebody said something earlier about Houshmanzadeh being a #2. He's been the #1 for the Bengals for the last 2 years at least, and has been Carson Palmer's favorite target for a long time.

EyePod
02-28-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't want to pay him a bunch. Otherwise, he's the model employee. But I still love Tony G....

Will
03-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah, Cassel had some pretty ridiculous weapons in NE, when he comes here he's gonna have Bowe and maybe Gonzo.

I haven't given up on Franklin, he could be a good in the slot, but I dunno who he's gonna be chucking the ball around to.

He had moss and welker and thats it....I beleive that with some coaching Bowe has the potential to be a top tier receiver

Granted we don't have anyone like welker but not many teams do. Cassel would benefit greatly if Tony were to stay here and then our receiving corps match up quite evenly.

Mecca
03-01-2009, 09:01 AM
He had moss and welker and thats it....I beleive that with some coaching Bowe has the potential to be a top tier receiver

Granted we don't have anyone like welker but not many teams do. Cassel would benefit greatly if Tony were to stay here and then our receiving corps match up quite evenly.

Oh cmon now even if you are a huge homer we got nothing like Moss...plus we don't have a super duper receiving back like Kevin Faulk either.

Herzig
03-01-2009, 09:05 AM
TJ Hauschmazode!! Print Em!!!

Championship!ROFL

Joe Seahawk
03-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Rumours are occuring at this time..

Former Bengals DT John Thornton says on his blog All Pro Blogger that T.J. Houshmandzadeh has made up his mind, and will sign with a “West Coast” team. That would tend to indicate Seattle…unless John is hazy on his geography and thinks Minneapolis is actually on the ocean. Of course this is hardly confirmation. And, last we heard, T.J. was still at Winter Park being given the tour. So you can believe Mr. Thornton or not.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh has three main suitors to choose from that we’re aware of: Seattle, Cincinnati and the Vikings. Some have mentioned the Giants as a dark horse but other reports have the Giants believing Housh’s price is too steep. Houshmandzadeh told Bengals.com that he expects to make his decision by tomorrow. Seattle’s presentation apparently impressed him: Including the part where he and his kids flew in on a seaplane that landed on a lake next to the practice facility. That’s the kind of crap teams do to make a guy feel wanted. Maybe the Vikings could take him on a sleigh ride or something.

http://thevikingage.com/2009/03/01/houshmandzadeh-to-sign-with-seattle/

morphius
03-01-2009, 12:54 PM
They offered Moore a one-year, $1.545 million deal, which means they would receive a second-round pick as compensation if the starting receiver signs with another team and they don't match the offer.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/02/new_orleans_saints_offer_tende.html

Mecca
03-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Rumours are occuring at this time..

http://thevikingage.com/2009/03/01/houshmandzadeh-to-sign-with-seattle/

Hey look at the bright side now you don't have to use pick 4 on a broke foot WR.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Clayton said this morning that he's gonna be a Seahawk by the end of the day.

Ultra Peanut
03-01-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm happy for him, what with being a west coast guy headed to Seattle and all.

speak24
03-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Nate Washington or Devery Henderson, Housh wants to much money.