PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Cassel's draft day review?

Kylo Ren
02-28-2009, 02:46 PM
I've not found it yet. I'll keep looking. If you find it, post it here.

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
02-28-2009, 02:47 PM
He wasnt drafted

HC_Chief
02-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Yes he was - 7th round.

Kylo Ren
02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
He wasnt drafted

.......Mizzou fan. :doh!:

Ultra Peanut
02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Matt Cassel QB USC

Who the fuck is Matt Cassel?

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

Spott
02-28-2009, 02:51 PM
He probably doesn't have one. He never started a game in college and only had 33 pass attempts in 4 years.

Pablo
02-28-2009, 02:51 PM
It's probably on the same site as Tyler Thigpen's draft day review.

www.nobodygivesafuckaboutqbsafterthe1stround.com

HC_Chief
02-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Matt Cassel QB USC

Who the **** is Matt Cassel?

heh, this is most likely what you will find.

He was a career USC backup.

Dratfed by NE in the 7th round... ironically, at #230; one pick after KC took James Kilian, QB, Tulsa

dirk digler
02-28-2009, 02:52 PM
It's probably on the same site as Tyler Thigpen's draft day review.

www.nobodygivesafuckaboutqbsafterthe1stround.com (http://www.nobodygivesafuckaboutqbsafterthe1stround.com)

I never heard of that site

eazyb81
02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Doing some searching I found out that he was drafted by the A's in the MLB draft in 2004. Hell of an athlete to play two sports at such a high level.

Spott
02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
All the sited I've checked have no info on him except for his stats during his senior season.

Spott
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Never heard of this site but I found this at http://www.sportspool.com/football/draft/342.php

Matt Cassel NFL Draft Bio

Matt Cassel a 6-5 ", 230 lbs, Quarterback who was an NCAA college standout for Southern California in 2005. Matt Cassel who would grow up in his hometown of Northridge, Calif. showed inklings of the enormous potential he possesses at an early age. Family, friends, college and NFL scouts alike felt that he would become an NCAA college football standout player and maybe even turn that into a quality NFL career. Matt Cassel has demonstrated enough skill to be a top rated NFL prospect and we look forward to seeing great things from him in the future!

MIAdragon
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Cassell was selected by the New England Patriots in the seventh round of the 2005 NFL Draft, 230th overall.

Matt Cassell saw action in 2003 both as a quarterback and at tight end. With a true display of “whatever helps the team win” attitude, Cassell took snaps in place of Matt Leinart against both Hawaii and Arizona State, and then ran routes and blocked for Leinart in games against the Washington schools, Arizona, UCLA and Oregon State. Cassell made a similar switch in 2001 that saw him move from quarterback to wide receiver.

In 2003, Matt Cassell didn’t put up anything resembling gaudy numbers, but he did make his presence felt in a must win over Arizona State. After Matt Leinart went down with an injury, Cassell stepped in and kept the game under control until Leinart could return. In that game, Cassell was four of ten for 42 yards including a 40-yard hook up with Mike Williams. Looking to 2004, Cassell is again penciled in as a quarterback, but will undoubtedly be ready to step in anywhere he is needed.

eazyb81
02-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Interesting pre-draft article on him possibly getting drafted.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2005/modglin031005.htm

Spott
02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
http://usc.scout.com/2/373172.html

There were many eligible USC players as we headed into the second day of the draft so it was surprising that only one, QB Matt Cassel, was chosen (7th round by the New England Patriots). Cassel is an outstanding athlete, he was drafted last year by the Oakland A's in the MLB draft, who sat behind two Heisman Trophy winners during his Trojan career. He put on quite a show during the recent ProDay workouts at USC with a strong arm and impressive throwing session that obviously helped put him in a position to be selected by the Super Bowl champs.

"It's been a long process but I'm fortunate to have been able to work hard and put myself in this position," said Cassel in a conference call with the Patriots. "I think I move around pretty well and have got some good physical ability. We take pride at USC in our ability as quarterbacks to make checkdowns, to read our progressions and make adjustments, and I look forward to getting started on the field to show what I can do."

eazyb81
02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Another interesting tidbit, he went to the same high school as Mike Moustakas.

Shag
02-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Matt Cassel QB USC

Who the fuck is Matt Cassel?

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

ROFL