PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Romeo Pondering KC

smittysbar
03-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Joshua Gunter/The Plain Dealer

Romeo Crennel is taking his rehabilitation time from hip replacement surgery to consider an offer to be defensive co-ordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs.Waiting on Romeo: Former Browns coach Romeo Crennel is convalescing from successful hip replacement surgery and weighing an offer to become the defensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.
The Chiefs are holding the position open for Crennel, who is waiting to learn exactly how long his rehabilitation process will keep him out. The Chiefs may have enticed Crennel a little bit more by trading for New England linebacker Mike Vrabel.

Whether or not Crennel accepts, he has decided not to remain with the Browns in an unspecified role offered by Mangini.

Crennel previously declined an offer to rejoin Charlie Weis as Notre Dame's defensive coordinator. Crennel and Weis were Belichick's coordinators during New England's three Super Bowl championship seasons.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ssion_bro.html (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/02/nfl_insider_what_recession_bro.html)

SAUTO
03-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Joshua Gunter/The Plain Dealer

Romeo Crennel is taking his rehabilitation time from hip replacement surgery to consider an offer to be defensive co-ordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs.Waiting on Romeo: Former Browns coach Romeo Crennel is convalescing from successful hip replacement surgery and weighing an offer to become the defensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.
The Chiefs are holding the position open for Crennel, who is waiting to learn exactly how long his rehabilitation process will keep him out. The Chiefs may have enticed Crennel a little bit more by trading for New England linebacker Mike Vrabel.

Whether or not Crennel accepts, he has decided not to remain with the Browns in an unspecified role offered by Mangini.

Crennel previously declined an offer to rejoin Charlie Weis as Notre Dame's defensive coordinator. Crennel and Weis were Belichick's coordinators during New England's three Super Bowl championship seasons.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ssion_bro.html (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/02/nfl_insider_what_recession_bro.html)

well at least its not on the front page:evil:

Shaid
repost

BigRedChief
sure let him take his time. He's worth the wait.

KcMizzou
03-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I'd take him as DC in a heartbeat.

smittysbar
03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Hell I looked and didn't see it, my bad, I missed it when it was posted also

smittysbar
03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
BTW, I do think this is what is going to happen

SAUTO
03-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Hell I looked and didn't see it, my bad, I missed it when it was posted also

only had like 200 replies:D

Thig Lyfe
03-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I'd take him as DC in a heartbeat.

We may not have that much time.

KcMizzou
03-01-2009, 11:32 PM
BTW, I do think this is what is going to happenAgreed. Why else would our DC spot still be open?

SAUTO
03-01-2009, 11:32 PM
BTW, I do think this is what is going to happen

it would be awesome. we would have 3 former d-coords. AND 3 former o-coords. pretty good staff IMO

BigRedChief
03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Agreed. Why else would our DC spot still be open?
Welllll they are leaving it open for Remeo but that doesn't mean he's taking it. He is obviously waiting to see how his hip feels. He's going to get paid to lay on the couch and heal. Why take on turning around one of the worst defenses of all time challenge?

blueballs
03-01-2009, 11:37 PM
poop stinks

Mr. Flopnuts
03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Welllll they are leaving it open for Remeo but that doesn't mean he's taking it. He is obviously waiting to see how his hip feels. He's going to get paid to lay on the couch and heal. Why take on turning around one of the worst defenses of all time challenge?

It's not like he's to head coach again. The guy is in his mid 60's, no? 1 more run is about all the old dog has left in him. I'd love for it to be with us, but I could totally understand him not wanting to do it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
it would be awesome. we would have 3 former d-coords. AND 3 former o-coords. pretty good staff IMO

We MUST have a proven powerhouse as D-Coord; let the man rest as long as he needs.

Gibbs or Pendergast as top D-dog = FAIL.

Micjones
03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Landing Crennel would make this one unbelievable start to the off-season.

For the love of all that is holy... Please let this happen.

Simply Red
03-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Toney Romeo will really help out w/ the QB competitions. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!