PDA

View Full Version : Football Cutler previously ASKED to be traded

chiefforlife
03-02-2009, 09:10 AM
REPORT: CUTLER HAD ALREADY ASKED FOR A TRADE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 9:31 a.m.

Among the many compelling nuggets in Peter King’s MMQB column is a disclosure that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler had asked to be traded weeks before the team tried to comply with his request.

That’s right. Per King, Cutler requested to be dealt after quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates bolted for USC.

So the fact that Cutler is claiming outrage in the wake of the recent near-miss effort to give him what he wanted could be part of a broader plan to get out of Denver.

This way, he looks like the victim instead of the villain, and perhaps the media and the fans will put enough pressure on the team to force the front office to find a suitor.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 09:11 AM
I had heard that actually, Cutler was pretty pissed off that Shanahan and Bates were gone then he calmed down and this little thing here recently set him off again.

HonestChieffan
Who cares what happens in Denver or to Clutter? Screw em.

Frazod
Maybe Cutler isn't that bad after all - sounds like he hates Denver more than I do. LMAO

dirk digler
03-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I think he has to be the biggest baby in all of professional sports.

The Bad Guy
03-02-2009, 09:12 AM
The guy is a fucking nut.

OnTheWarpath15
03-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I like how people are judging Cutler, yet are more than willing to defend the 2 guys on our roster who are doing the same thing.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 09:15 AM
I like how people are judging Cutler, yet are more than willing to defend the 2 guys on our roster who are doing the same thing.

And they are far less important than a QB is...

The Bad Guy
03-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Not me.

Ship them out.

HonestChieffan
03-02-2009, 09:18 AM

I cant think of two on our roster who I'd defend very far. Maybe the new guys. The rest cant say a lot with our record.

That said, Denver and everything about Denver gives me bad memories and its a skank town.

Crush
03-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Not me.

Ship them out.

I concur. Throw them out on the fucking street and get it over with.

OnTheWarpath15
03-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Not me.

Ship them out.

I feel the same way, that's why I made the comment.

Shit, Cutler wants a trade, and McDaniels wants Cassel?

Unless Pioli runs the same kind of "buddy" program that CP ran, he should have already been on the horn to Denver trying to make that swap.

You'd have to have rocks in your head the size of Texas to prefer Cassel over Cutler.

Garcia Bronco
03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
LOL. Peter King said he "heard" this. So it must be true.

BigChiefFan
03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Sounds like the wheels are coming off in Broncoland.

Mecca
03-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Sounds like the wheels are coming off in Broncoland.

The mane is really really funny these days.

dirk digler
03-02-2009, 09:22 AM

Unless Pioli runs the same kind of "buddy" program that CP ran, he should have already been on the horn to Denver trying to make that swap.

You'd have to have rocks in your head the size of Texas to prefer Cassel over Cutler.

Haley loves Cassel

Now for the Kansas City angles. The Chiefs now should have their quarterback of the future, assuming new coach Todd Haley's as good a quarterback tutor as he appeared in Arizona the past couple of years. Haley, who worked with Belichick and Charlie Weis with the Jets a decade ago, told me over the weekend what has him thrilled is that the New England offense and the Kansas City offense have the same verbiage and playcalls. "So we won't have to take the time a new quarterback would normally have to take to get up to speed in a new system,'' Haley said. "He knows this system. And I've watched so much of him from last year. I see a player who's learned under a Hall of Fame quarterback in Tom Brady, and who's so mature for someone with only a year's experience.''

03-02-2009, 09:49 AM
This is even more hilarious. ROFL

Buck
03-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I hope he goes crazy like Plummer.

Red Dawg
03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
LOL. Peter King said he "heard" this. So it must be true.

He was mad when Shanny and Bates left and he was also mad as hell about the almost trade.

It's not hard to believe this from Peter King. Probably is true.

Garcia Bronco
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
He was mad when Shanny and Bates left and he was also mad as hell about the almost trade.

It's not hard to believe this from Peter King. Probably is true.

What happened was Cutler did talk about it with the team sometime ago, but McD committed the franchise to him, and then this happened. That's why Cutler is upset. He was told one thing and then another supposedly happened.

Lex Luthors
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I think he has to be the biggest baby in all of professional sports.
At least he always gives 100% effort and never fakes an injury because he wants to go to another team.

Unlike Manny Ramirez, who decided he wanted out of Boston and faked an injury to make it happen. Now THAT'S the biggest baby in pro sports!

blaise
03-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Jay Cutler looks like Damien the Omen

ChiefGator
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM

I'm having a hard time understanding all the Cutler love on this board. They are 50-50 team over the last three years and haven't made the playoffs once with him, after making it several years in a row before he started.

His QB rating last year was slightly below Cassell's and his receivers are probably on par at this point with Cassell's receivers.

I'ld personally take Cassell over Cutler in a heart beat, just because Cutler seems a little whack-a-doo off the field. On the field, they are very similar, and this is even with Cassell's first year of starting.

Garcia Bronco
03-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding all the Cutler love on this board. They are 50-50 team over the last three years and haven't made the playoffs once with him, after making it several years in a row before he started.

His QB rating last year was slightly below Cassell's and his receivers are probably on par at this point with Cassell's receivers.

I'ld personally take Cassell over Cutler in a heart beat, just because Cutler seems a little whack-a-doo off the field. On the field, they are very similar, and this is even with Cassell's first year of starting.

Cassel doesn't have the physical abilities Cutler has, now Cassel might be a smarter QB in certain respects, but Cutler is the better overall package.

|Zach|
03-02-2009, 01:17 PM

Figures, you go for one of the most mentally weak QBs in the whole league. Total shit for leadership, you can literally see other teams get into his head. His arm strength is fantastic when he is zipping the ball to the other team in clutch situations.

Bwana
03-02-2009, 01:45 PM
What a complete head case.

ChiefGator
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Cassel doesn't have the physical abilities Cutler has, now Cassel might be a smarter QB in certain respects, but Cutler is the better overall package.

Strange how the Broncos playoff runs suddenly ended when he became your quarterback. At this point I'ld take Trent Green over Cutler, at least he got his teams into the playoffs.

If the overall package is quarterback rating, Cassel wins. If the overall package is winning percentage, Cassel wins. If the overall package is playoff wins, it is a draw.

If Cutler was our QB, we'ld be readying the noose for him, saying he puts up great numbers on everything that matters... wins.

Garcia Bronco
03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Strange how the Broncos playoff runs suddenly ended when he became your quarterback. At this point I'ld take Trent Green over Cutler, at least he got his teams into the playoffs.

If the overall package is quarterback rating, Cassel wins. If the overall package is winning percentage, Cassel wins. If the overall package is playoff wins, it is a draw.

If Cutler was our QB, we'ld be readying the noose for him, saying he puts up great numbers on everything that matters... wins.

there is more that goes into wins than just the QB. Cassel played for a team that went 18-1 the year before with a much better organization at the time.

While Trent Green certainly had a terrible defense, he had the same issue Cutler is having. 29 plus ranked defense.

rad
03-02-2009, 04:42 PM

You serious?

PunkinDrublic
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
To be fair Cutler had forgotten to take his insulin shots when he made the comments.