PDA

View Full Version : Football Antonio Cromartie might be traded

dirk digler
03-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Interesting I thought this guy was supposed to be awesome but looks like the Chargers are going to try to trade him

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/mar/02/cromartie-block/?chargers

Cornerback Cromartie on the trading block?
By Kevin Acee (http://www3.signonsandiego.com/users/kacee/)

Posted: Monday March 2, 2009

On his way to a team-record 10 interceptions in 2007, Antonio Cromartie supplanted Drayton Florence as the Chargers' starting right cornerback.
Now their correlation may be coming full circle.

According to league sources, the Chargers plan to put Cromartie on the trading block if they can sign Florence as a free agent.

After Cromartie's Pro Bowl campaign in '07, Florence was allowed to leave via free agency. He signed a six-year, $36 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. But he was released last month and notified the Chargers through his agent he would like to return. The sides are talking now, and a deal could be in place this week.

Cromartie suffered a serious slide in production in 2008. He injured his hip in the season opener -- which he later called a fracture -- and had just two interceptions. If he is not traded, 2009 is considered a make-or-break year for him with the Chargers.

The departure of Cromartie and arrival of Florence would not necessarily mean Florence would regain his starting job. In fact, it appears more likely Antoine Cason would move into that role.

Contacted Monday, Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith would neither confirm nor deny his plans regarding Cromartie. The player's agent, Gary Wichard, said he had not been notified of any plans the Chargers had to trade Cromartie.

Buck
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I heard about this on the Radio today.

Then I heard that its a rumor that came from Kevin Acee.

He is like the Nick Athan of the Chargers, except he works for the main Newspaper in SD.

Don't believe it.

bdeg
03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Guy shows all the play-making potential in the world, has the injury bug for a year, and now his team is ready to write him off? His make or break year? They cut him, someone is going to get a bargain.

I doubt the Chargers would trade in-division, but he's still got great potential.

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
This article makes absolutely no sense.

doomy3
03-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Wonder who will be gone first? Cromartie who had a rough season, or Tamba...

Buck
03-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Guy shows all the play-making potential in the world, has the injury bug for a year, and now his team is ready to write him off? His make or break year? They cut him, someone is going to get a bargain.

I doubt the Chargers would trade in-division, but he's still got great potential.

Hes not going to be traded.

Kevin Acee heard that Drayton Florence wants to come back to SD and that SD is interested in him, and he automatically thought, Welp, they must be trading Cromartie.

This guy seriously writes b.s. just to get his name out there. He is a joke of a beat writer.

The Chargers could use another Nickelback, but theres no way that We are getting rid of Cromartie.

doomy3
03-02-2009, 09:46 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3671

Antonio Cromartie-DB- Chargers Mar. 2 - 8:36 pm et

The Chargers will reportedly put Antonio Cromartie on the trade block if they're able to sign free agent Drayton Florence.
Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason is ready to start and Quentin Jammer is locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration.
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune
Related: Drayton Florence

dirk digler
I heard about this on the Radio today.

Then I heard that its a rumor that came from Kevin Acee.

He is like the Nick "Assclown" Athan of the Chargers, except he works for the main Newspaper in SD.

Don't believe it.

I wonder if his fractured hip is cause for concern?

Mecca
Yea a guy sucks because he played corner with a fractured hip....

Also Drayton Florence was just awful for the Jaguars just awful.

Buck
Interesting I thought this guy was supposed to be awesome but looks like the Chargers are going to try to trade him

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/mar/02/cromartie-block/?chargers

Cornerback Cromartie on the trading block?
By Kevin Acee (http://www3.signonsandiego.com/users/kacee/)

Posted: Monday March 2, 2009

On his way to a team-record 10 interceptions in 2007, Antonio Cromartie supplanted Drayton Florence as the Chargers' starting right cornerback.
Now their correlation may be coming full circle.

According to league sources, the Chargers plan to put Cromartie on the trading block if they can sign Florence as a free agent.

After Cromartie's Pro Bowl campaign in '07, Florence was allowed to leave via free agency. He signed a six-year, $36 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. But he was released last month and notified the Chargers through his agent he would like to return. The sides are talking now, and a deal could be in place this week.

Cromartie suffered a serious slide in production in 2008. He injured his hip in the season opener -- which he later called a fracture -- and had just two interceptions. If he is not traded, 2009 is considered a make-or-break year for him with the Chargers.

The departure of Cromartie and arrival of Florence would not necessarily mean Florence would regain his starting job. In fact, it appears more likely Antoine Cason would move into that role.

Contacted Monday, Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith would neither confirm nor deny his plans regarding Cromartie. The player's agent, Gary Wichard, said he had not been notified of any plans the Chargers had to trade Cromartie.

I've bolded the only important part of this article.

Buck
03-02-2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3671

Antonio Cromartie-DB- Chargers Mar. 2 - 8:36 pm et

The Chargers will reportedly put Antonio Cromartie on the trade block if they're able to sign free agent Drayton Florence.
Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason is ready to start and Quentin Jammer is locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration.
Related: Drayton Florence

Note the Source as the SD Union Tribune. The writer is Kevin Acee.

He is a fraud.

doomy3
03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I've bolded the only important part of this article.

Why wouldn't he just deny it if there aren't any legs? Not exactly a vote of confidence...

Buck
03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Why wouldn't he just deny it if there aren't any legs? Not exactly a vote of confidence...

Because that how AJ Smith works.

He doesn't talk about anything.

Saul Good
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Guy shows all the play-making potential in the world, has the injury bug for a year, and now his team is ready to write him off?

The guy wasn't exactly an iron man in college.

googlegoogle
Chargers Gm thinks his career is done. interesting.

dirk digler
Wasn't Cromartie the one that got smoked for that long TD in the playoffs because he wasn't paying attention?

BradyFTW!
03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Apparently he played with a fractured hip. I could sorta understand a team with a lot of CB depth being nervous about a fractured hip, since a CB with a bad hip is basicaly useless.

doomy3
03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Wasn't Cromartie the one that got smoked for that long TD in the playoffs because he wasn't paying attention?

yep

Mecca
03-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Chargers Gm thinks his career is done. interesting.

Are people on this forum literally incapable of reading?

Buck
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM

ROFL

I cant wait til Cro comes back and has another 8+ INT season...

88TG88
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
ROFL

Cassel will torch him.

sorry

Mecca
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
ROFL

Well I'm probably a bigger fan of his than most Charger fans are so hey.

dirk digler
03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
yep

Thanks. He deserved to get his ass kicked for that stupid play.

doomy3
03-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks. He deserved to get his ass kicked for that stupid play.

Remember, his hip is hurt though.

milkman
03-02-2009, 09:58 PM

That's a rhetorical question, right?

Mecca
03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
That's a rhetorical question, right?

If you have to ask you'll never know.

Buck
03-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Cassel will torch him.

sorry

Oh its on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281012024

milkman
03-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Cassel will torch him.

sorry

Gotta hit on the long ball to torch a defender, so, that won't happen.

dirk digler
03-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Remember, his hip is hurt though.

I think it was the space between the ears that was hurting or lacking

doomy3
03-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I think it was the space between the ears that was hurting

No, not Cromartie. He is a God or something who doesn't make mistakes. It's his hip.

dirk digler
03-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Well I'm probably a bigger fan of his than most Charger fans are so hey.

I think you are right after reading the Chargers board they really don't like him and they call him soft

doomy3
03-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I think you are right after reading the Chargers board they really don't like him and they call him soft

It's kind of like Tamba Hali and everyone else on our team. When a guy is on your team he sucks and is the worst player ever, slow, soft, etc. But when a guy plays on another team, suddenly they have tons of potential and are better than anything on your own team.

Mecca

Well no one ever said they were very bright.

dirk digler
No, not Cromartie. He is a God or something who doesn't make mistakes. It's his hip.

Is it even possible to play with a fractured hip?

BigChiefFan
Paging Mecca to the ChiefsPlanet warroom...The Bills are now on the clock.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Cromartie has tons of physical talent.

He just can't stay healthy.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
What I find funny about this is that the Chargers want Drayton Florence.

They DRAFTED Drayton Florence and gave him 6 or 7 seasons to produce and he NEVER did. They let him go and now they want him back?

ROFL

Buck
03-03-2009, 09:23 AM
What I find funny about this is that the Chargers want Drayton Florence.

They DRAFTED Drayton Florence and gave him 6 or 7 seasons to produce and he NEVER did. They let him go and now they want him back?

ROFL

He couldn't produce as a starter.

He would be an improvement in a Diminished role.

He would play over guys like Cletis Gordon and Paul Oliver. I know hes definitely better than those fools.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Report: Cromartie could go on the trade block

Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason is ready to start and Quentin Jammer is locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration. Mar. 2 - 8:36 pm et

boogblaster
03-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Crom has a big motor why would Bolts let him go ...

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 11:17 AM
I wonder what kind of compensation they want for him.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Chargers GM shoots down Cromartie trade talk

Chargers GM A.J. Smith disputed a report that CB Antonio Cromartie will go on the trade block if San Diego signs free agent Drayton Florence.
"He's not being traded," Smith said, although he declined to shoot down the possibility in the future. Trading a talent like Cromartie is rare in the NFL, but the 2006 first-round pick will be in line for a huge contract soon. Mar. 3 - 5:06 pm et

Pasta Little Brioni
03-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Florence just signed with Buffalo.

DJ's left nut
03-03-2009, 08:35 PM
In related news.

The Chiefs are looking to re-acquire William Bartee. If they are able to do so, they will look to trade Brandon Flowers in order to make room for him.