PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Free Agency pickins getting slim - here's the Best of the Rest

shammus
03-02-2009, 11:18 PM
With Housh, Nate Washington, Derrick Ward and Jovan Haye recently coming off the board, I figured it's safe to assume the first "wave" of signings is mostly done. We all know that Clark Hunt had been quoted as saying the Chiefs would not get involved in the first few days of free agency, not that they ever really have in the past to begin with. However, now that the first wave is mostly out of the way, maybe the Chiefs will be willing to take a look at a couple guys. I was a little disappointed to see that many of this forum's top choices (including most of my own) are already off the market but since these players might represent those on the "second tier" maybe they'd be worth some consideration.

So here's a list of players that are left over. There's still some opportunity to upgrade a couple positions with this group and really most of the players here are approaching their prime and would be able to come in and start for us. Signing a player or two here gives us a lot more flexibility when we enter the draft. For instance, if we do trade Brian Waters and fail to sign an Olineman in free agency, that means we enter the draft with four positions on our oline needing to be upgraded.

I included the "activity" each player has had so far in free agency. The Chiefs don't really show up anywhere here but then again, we wouldn't even know we'd be interested in any of these guys until AFTER the signing. Most of these players don't appear to have a lot of activity as of yet, so maybe the Chiefs can get involved on a signing or two.

My favorites at this point would probably be Olshansky who's had success in the 3-4, and perhaps Khalif Barnes, who I would think would have to be a significant upgrade over Macintosh. Signing Barnes gives us a little more flexibility with that #3 overall pick too. Adding Henderson would be nice too since he, along with Bowe, Bradley and Franklin, would knock Devard Darling and Jeff Webb out of the mix next season.

If I left someone off who should be on this list, please feel free to mention him.

------------------------------------

OLB – Kevin Burnett --- visits Texans on Thursday 3/5 but still supposedly close to signing with San Diego
OLB – Freddie Keiaho --- visiting Bills on Thursday 3/5
OLB – Angelo Crowell --- Visiting Tampa Bay on Monday, 3/9
OT – Khalif Barnes --- As of 3/6, expected to sign multiyear deal with Oakland very soon.
OT – Marvel Smith
OT – John St. Clair
OT – Mark Tauscher
RB – Desean Foster --- visiting Bills on Wednesday, 3/4
FB – Leonard Weaver

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2009, 11:21 PM
In other news, there's no one in free agency that can upgrade the Chiefs roster for the 2009 season.

Mama Hip Rockets
03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
i am starting to wonder how they are going to upgrade their defense and their offensive line by sitting on their asses during free agency, and trading away their second-round pick.

aturnis
03-02-2009, 11:26 PM
I've always liked Foster.

SAUTO
03-02-2009, 11:30 PM
In other news, there's no one in free agency that can upgrade the Chiefs roster for the 2009 season.

leonard henderson coles olshansky- none of those guys would be an upgrade?dane....

orange
03-02-2009, 11:32 PM
If I left someone off who should be on this list, please feel free to mention him.

Ray Lewis?

DrRyan
03-02-2009, 11:32 PM
I could go for Leonard and Olshansky, they would be a definite upgrade . I have a feeling Coles is wanting more $ than he is worth.

Sam Hall
03-02-2009, 11:33 PM

Go cheer for Oakland4321

noa
03-02-2009, 11:34 PM
I would like Devery Henderson if we didn't just trade for a QB who can't throw the deep ball.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Go cheer for Oakland4321

You have a man crush on Dane dont you?

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2009, 11:35 PM
leonard henderson coles olshansky- none of those guys would be an upgrade?dane....

Coles isn't coming to KC.

Olshansky's production dropped off big time last season and he's most likely going to Green Bay.

Henderson's not an upgrade. The Chiefs have D-Bowe, Franklin and Bradley. Henderson isn't an upgrade over those guys.

Sam Hall
03-02-2009, 11:38 PM

Olshansky's production dropped off big time last season and he's most likely going to Green Bay.

Henderson's not an upgrade. The Chiefs have D-Bowe, Franklin and Bradley. Henderson isn't an upgrade over those guys.

You're a pawn for Al Davis

SAUTO
03-02-2009, 11:40 PM

you said none would be an upgrade, not that they would go somewhere else:D

Blick
03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
That's a pretty sad list. I would maybe take Leonard, Igor, and Barnes.

Time to see how much money Ray Lewis wants.

shammus
03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Heh, a normal roster, possibly not. But do keep in mind we're talking about the Chiefs here. No upgrades? I think most of these guys are upgrades. I'll break it down -

Barnes, Colon or Willis vs. MacIntosh.....really? Come on, is this even an arguable point? Anybody who watched MacIntosh play can probably count on any of these guys being an upgrade over a 32 year old, injury prone RT who can't stop anybody. A stop sign would be an upgrade over MacIntosh.

Leonhard - wouldn't be surprised if he could beat out Pollard for a spot

Olshansky - who do we even have who's got experience in a 3-4? He's just the sort we need as we transition into this defense. I'd take Olshanksy over Hali and McBride regardless.

Kevin Burnett - young ascending LB vs....oh wait...we don't even have enough linebackers for a 3-4 yet.

Henderson - might not beat out Bradley in pure talent but he'd see the field more. Henderson's also a deep threat which we need.

Benson and Foster - any signing that gets LJ off the team faster is an upgrade in my book

Mr. Kotter
03-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Dane's smokin' the good stuff again:

Olshansky would be an upgrade at the right price, going to a 3-4. I know the Pack have an inside track, but I think he's worth a shot.

Henderson....not better than Bradley or Franklin, potentially? What are you smoking? :shake:

If we can sign one of the OTs, that makes taking a LB/DE who can rush the QB at #3 a whole lot easier, IMHO.

Of course, I could be wrong....but if I'm Scott....that's my thinking at this point.

doomy3
03-03-2009, 12:06 AM

So let me get this straight. You do nothing but talk about how talent deprived this team is, often times calling us the least talented team in the NFL, but guys like Coles, Henderson, Olshansky couldn't upgrade our roster. OK.

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Burnett, Leonard, and Willis would be fine pickups for our situation IMO.

kcchiefsus
03-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Burnett, Leonard, and Willis would be fine pickups for our situation IMO.

Won't happen, no use getting our hopes up.

doomy3
03-03-2009, 12:11 AM

Is there a reason you are such a whiney vagina?

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2009, 12:11 AM

My hopes have already been dashed so I really dont care what they do now.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 12:16 AM

Henderson isn't an upgrade over Franklin...now I've heard it all.

Stop being so negative.

Barnes would be an oustanding RT.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 12:17 AM
My hopes have already been dashed so I really dont care what they do now.

I'm already happy with the moves we made. We got a QB that was really worth a middle to low 1 for a high 2, and a free veteran lb!

We still have lots of issues, yes. But I'm still happy. I kind of had this feeling we weren't going to do ANYTHING this year, so I am amazed we've done as much as we have.

I thought we'd pick up some second-tier players, work the draft, stay with Thigpen, and go from there. To see us do what we have already is cool. :-)

pr_capone
03-03-2009, 12:24 AM
I always liked Willie Colon.

Young guy who spent time on a Super Bowl Winning team. Did well in his first SB.

Apparently has a problem with false starts.

Perhaps Hailey can yell it out off him.

Allowed an avg of 1 sack per 3 games. Not a pass blocker though.

Still...

x10 > McInSack

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Wasn't Olshansky the pick SD made RIGHT BEFORE we got fatass Siavii?

DAMMIT CARL! You should have traded up one spot, and then we wouldn't have to have gotten him in FA!

:-)

rrl308
03-03-2009, 01:10 AM
I like Leonhard. He could definitely beat out Pollard.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 01:17 AM
I like Leonhard. He could definitely beat out Pollard.

Pollard is the best punt-blocker/ligament-tearer in the LEAGUE!

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Henderson isn't an upgrade over Franklin...now I've heard it all.

Stop being so negative.

Barnes would be an oustanding RT.

ROFL

Outstanding?

JFC.

He's Sackintosh.

Just 6 years younger.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:31 AM
I always liked Willie Colon.

Young guy who spent time on a Super Bowl Winning team. Did well in his first SB.

Apparently has a problem with false starts.

Perhaps Hailey can yell it out off him.

Allowed an avg of 1 sack per 3 games. Not a pass blocker though.

Still...

x10 > McInSack

Colon sucks.

The entire Pittsburgh line sucks.

Colon is Herb Taylor.

A left tackle that's undersized and playing on the right side.

I wish you guys would watch some football instead of reading articles and stats.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Dane's smokin' the good stuff again:

Olshansky would be an upgrade at the right price, going to a 3-4. I know the Pack have an inside track, but I think he's worth a shot.

Henderson....not better than Bradley or Franklin, potentially? What are you smoking? :shake:

If we can sign one of the OTs, that makes taking a LB/DE who can rush the QB at #3 a whole lot easier, IMHO.

Of course, I could be wrong....but if I'm Scott....that's my thinking at this point.

Excuse me?

Either Olshansky's an "upgrade" or he's not. Don't give me this fucking "price" thing.

Henderson's a possession receiver - Do the Chiefs really need another one?

The fucking OT's SUCK fucking cock.

And you last statement makes NO SENSE because all the premiere guys are gone.

So who's smokin' crack?

ROFL

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Excuse me?

Either Olshansky's an "upgrade" or he's not. Don't give me this fucking "price" thing.

Yes, and who else on our roster can play 3-4 DE? McFuckBride? Hell no.

Henderson averaged 24.8 yards per catch last season. He's definitely NOT a possession receiver.

The fucking OT's SUCK fucking cock.

None of them suck nearly as bad as Sackintosh.

pr_capone
03-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Colon is Herb Taylor.

A left tackle that's undersized and playing on the right side.

I wish you guys would watch some football instead of reading articles and stats.

Colon is better than McIntosh. I never thought any 1 player would ever make me miss Jordan Black.

I'm not stating that Colon will be the anchor on the right side for years to come... just sayin that he is a more attractive option than McIntosh for this next season.

If he actually develops... bonus.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Yes, and who else on our roster can play 3-4 DE? McFuckBride? Hell no.

Henderson averaged 24.8 yards per catch last season. He's definitely NOT a possession receiver.

None of them suck nearly as bad as Sackintosh.

Yes, Barnes sucked as much as Sackintosh. He's a 26 year old "left tackle", yet he's still unsigned. He's fucking garbage.

Henderson has 7 MORE CATCHES THAN BRADLEY. And Bradley was cut and played a little more than half a season.

Are you trying to generate controversy or are you really this out of touch?

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Colon is better than McIntosh. I never thought any 1 player would ever make me miss Jordan Black.

I'm not stating that Colon will be the anchor on the right side for years to come... just sayin that he is a more attractive option than McIntosh for this next season.

If he actually develops... bonus.

Colon Blows.

The draft is LOADED with offensive lineman and I'm confident they can find a starting right tackle as late as the early 4th round.

And that guy would beat out Colon immediately.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Yes, Barnes sucked as much as Sackintosh. He's a 26 year old "left tackle", yet he's still unsigned. He's fucking garbage.

Henderson has 7 MORE CATCHES THAN BRADLEY. And Bradley was cut and played a little more than half a season.

Are you trying to generate controversy or are you really this out of touch?

You called Henderson a possession receiver.

YOU COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG

Who cares how many catches he had? He had almost 800 yards receiving. He's a terrific deep threat. He's EXACTLY what the Chiefs need.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 01:48 AM
I think we're being really hard on ourselves as a team.

I bet if you asked most of the "experts" out there, they would say so far we've done better than any other team.

I know we didn't get Haynesworth, but that's how FA goes. If you get a blue chipper, you're lucky. You almost never get two, and if you do its a wonderful offseason.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:50 AM
You called Henderson a possession receiver.

YOU COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG

Who cares how many catches he had? He had almost 800 yards receiving. He's a terrific deep threat. He's EXACTLY what the Chiefs need.

Bradley.

If "he's exactly what the Chiefs need", then why didn't another team sweep him up? We all know that KC is bottom feeder and the last place an FA wants to go.

What's the scoop?

27 catches with Drew Brees as the QB?

Me thinks you've been paying too much attention to stats.

Skinny boy.

Archie Bunker
03-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Colon Blows.

The draft is LOADED with offensive lineman and I'm confident they can find a starting right tackle as late as the early 4th round.

And that guy would beat out Colon immediately.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aAMgJW-puHc/SKIborE2tsI/AAAAAAAACj4/7rctq7B-DoQ/s320/colonblow_2.png

pr_capone
03-03-2009, 01:54 AM
You are missing the point Dane.

In my opinion, Colon is the best of the available FA right tackles.

He is better than McIntosh.

Regardless of who we draft, Colon should have McIntosh's roster spot.

The guy is done. He is wasting a roster spot. He would not start on any other team and would be replaced by a MUCH younger player who started at RT for the Super Bowl Champions.

I'm not saying he starts... just has a roster spot.

I'm not seeing a down side here bud.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 01:54 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aAMgJW-puHc/SKIborE2tsI/AAAAAAAACj4/7rctq7B-DoQ/s320/colonblow_2.png

Phil Hartman rep.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Bradley.

Is hurt all the time.

I don't think you realize how piss-poor the Chiefs are at WR.

Henderson would be an instant upgrade. He's certainly a more attractive option than Will Franklin at this point.

And you called me out over stats and then start whining over how many catches he had? Please.

Tell us he's a possession receiver again.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:56 AM
You are missing the point Dane.

In my opinion, Colon is the best of the available FA right tackles.

He is better than McIntosh.

Regardless of who we draft, Colon should have McIntosh's roster spot.

The guy is done. He is wasting a roster spot. He would not start on any other team and would be replaced by a MUCH younger player who started at RT for the Super Bowl Champions.

I'm not seeing a down side here bud.

Tell ya what:

Go to the Steelers forum. Or better yet, ask a real Steelers fan: Is Willie Colon any good?

Then report the answer.

Just because he's better than Hackintosh doesn't mean he's good.

So why waste the time and money?

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Is hurt all the time.

Henderson would be an instant upgrade. He's certainly a more attractive option than Will Franklin at this point.

And you called me out over stats and then start whining over how many catches he had? Please.

27 catches. 16 games

20 catches. 9 games.

Hurt all the time, SCHMURT all the time.

If Henderson is so desirable, why hasn't he been snatched up?

And you'd better chill out. I've NEVER been the guy that attacks you. You KNOW I'm your bro.

Keep it civil.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Is hurt all the time.

Gonzo makes our receiving corps an anomaly. Its hard to gauge where we're at with them, since we have two good receivers, but only one good WR.

Even if we don't have a true #2 WR like most teams have, we still have good receivers. What bothers me is our total lack of depth. There's really NOTHING past our second guy.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Hurt all the time, SCHMURT all the time.

Um, how is that not an issue?

I really don't care that Henderson hasn't been signed yet. Tons of free agents are signed late and contribute in some meaningful way.

And he had 32 catches last year. As much as the Saints spread the ball around, and as many deep balls as he caught, that's not a bad thing.

Ask any Saints fan, he's a good receiver. At the very least he would be a very, very good #3.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Um, how is that not an issue?

I really don't care that Henderson hasn't been signed yet. Tons of free agents are signed late and contribute in some meaningful way.

And he had 32 catches last year. As much as the Saints spread the ball around, and as many deep balls as he caught, that's not a bad thing.

Ask any Saints fan, he's a good receiver. At the very least he would be a very, very good #3.

Do you honestly think that Bradley or Franklin can't catch 32 balls?

I'm not saying that Henderson "sucks" but I don't see him as an upgrade at this point.

He's 5'11, 200 (on a good day).

I just don't get the feeling he's the type of guy that Haley is favoring for his offense.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:08 AM
Do you honestly think that Bradley or Franklin can't catch 32 balls?

Not for 800 yards.

Alvin Harper never caught more than 36 balls for the Cowboys. You think he sucked? He was a key part of that team.

His height is pretty irrelevant. He's not going to be battling with DBs for the ball. He's gonna be toasting them, getting separation.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:10 AM
Not for 800 yards.

Alvin Harper never caught more than 36 balls for the Cowboys. You think he sucked? He was a key part of that team.

Oh boy...

I do hope you're joking.

You MUST be joking.

Alvin "No fingertips" Harper?

C'mon, Clay.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Agree to disagree.

We have shit at WR.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Agree to disagree.

We have shit at WR.

Yes, we do have shit at WR.

I just disagree with you that a 5'11, 200 pound receiver would be a positive addition in Haley's vertical offense.

No hard feelings.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Saints fans don't want to see Henderson go:

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103613

Yeah, I definetly don't want to lose him but, I sure as hell don't want to get into a bidding war either.

I don't want him to go either, but If he leaves, I'd rather that he goes to a team that we won't play for a few years.

He'll also be going to a team with some controversy at QB. That may factor into his decision.

The Saints don't seem to have been very active in attempting to re-sign him. Anyone else find that somewhat strange?

I think they'll let him test the market. I don't expect him to find anything lucrative out there. I've been one of the big Devery apologists in the past, his deep threat overrides a couple dropped balls to me. I don't think anyone out there looks at him as a big pickup, though. But if someone surprises me and offers him more than the FO can afford, se la vis.

devery might just sign with Tampa otu of spite, and with teh way our secondary is he would give us fits

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:18 AM
I just disagree with you that a 5'11, 200 pound receiver would be a positive addition in Haley's vertical offense.

The Saints had a vertical offense.

His height is really not an issue.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:20 AM
The Saints had a vertical offense.

His height is really not an issue.

Then why didn't he have more receptions?

I think Haley's looking for 6'2 and above receivers, not 5'11.

Just my observation.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:26 AM
I think Haley's looking for 6'2 and above receivers, not 5'11.

Anquan Boldin is 6-1.

Steve Breaston is 6-0.

I think he's looking for receivers who can get open, which is height irrelevant.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Anquan Boldin is 6-1.

Steve Breaston is 6-0.

I think he's looking for receivers who can get open, which is height irrelevant.

No, it IS height and speed relevant.

Breaston is a tall 6'0 and he's 189.

Boldin is a strong, lean 6'1.

Henderson is wide-bodied and not exactly suited for the offense Haley wants to run.

If Henderson was 185, I could see him as a possible signee. But not at his current weight.

I just don't think it's gonna happen. Time will tell.

Mecca
03-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Devery Henderson really isn't all that much different from Steve Breaston other than he runs faster.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Devery Henderson really isn't all that much different from Steve Breaston other than he runs faster.

What?

I thought he was a possession receiver.

Also Breaston is a "tall" 6 foot, whereas Henderson is a "short" 5-11, which makes a HUGE difference.

Henderson is wide-bodied and not exactly suited for the offense Haley wants to run.

ROFL

Yeah because Boldin and Fitzgerald are not wide-bodied...

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:36 AM
What?

I thought he was a possession receiver.

Also Breaston is a "tall" 6 foot, whereas Henderson is a "short" 5-11, which makes a HUGE difference.

ROFL

Yeah because Boldin and Fitzgerald are not wide-bodied...

Ha-ha.

Over-paying for a third WR is not the answer.

If this is the game you want to play Clayton, I'll put a fucking cap in your ass and call you out for all of your stupid shit.

Is that the way it's going to be now?

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Give it up.

You lost this argument from the beginning.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:40 AM
Give it up.

You lost this argument from the beginning.

You NEVER had an argument.

Just pulling names out of a hat.

Just like your pathetic fucking "employer".

Where the fuck is Nick been lately, anyway?

He'll be standing in a soup line soon enough.

And he'll be a distant memory for most. Except for those on the internet who use him as a punchline.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:42 AM
If this is the game you want to play Clayton, I'll put a fucking cap in your ass and call you out for all of your stupid shit.

Is that the way it's going to be now?

It's OK to be wrong, Dane.

You don't have to get all mad about it and threaten violence.

It's very unbecoming.

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:43 AM
You NEVER had an argument.

At least I knew Devery Henderson wasn't a possession receiver.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:43 AM
It's OK to be wrong, Dane.

You don't have to get all mad about it and threaten violence.

It's very unbecoming.

I'm not wrong and you've been acting like a dick.

Instead of having a nice conversation, you've been using smilies and whatnot to belittle my points.

Again, if that's how you want to play it, so be it.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 02:45 AM
I always thought Haley liked strong receivers who could get yardage after the catch...

Or is it just that Fitz and Boldin ended up becoming really good, and that's an added bonus?

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 02:45 AM

I think you have, actually.

When I started showing you how WRONG you were about Henderson...you really started getting mad at me.

It's OK to be wrong. Really.

I'm not going to get mad at you in return, because I know this is what you do. You act mean toward people when they disagree with you. You've been called out for it in the past, and you know it.

I'm not going to play your game. I'm going to bed.

Safe and secure in the knowledge that Devery Henderson is not a possession receiver.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:47 AM
Safe and secure in the knowledge that Devery Henderson is not a possession receiver.

And not an upgrade to the Chiefs roster

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm not going to get mad at you in return, because I know this is what you do. You act mean toward people when they disagree with you.

Where was I "mean" except to call you out for laughing at my remarks?

WTF?

Chiefs=Champions
03-03-2009, 03:23 AM
DE – Igor Olshansky --- Packers plan to pursue Olshanksy after losing out on Canty
S – Jim Leonhard ---- interest from the Eagles and Broncos. In New York all weekend but left without a contract offer.
OLB – Kevin Burnett ---

This.. I'd especially love me some leonhard, boy can play...

HemiEd
03-03-2009, 03:24 AM
Wasn't Olshansky the pick SD made RIGHT BEFORE we got fatass Siavii?

:-)Yep

BigMeatballDave
03-03-2009, 07:36 AM
I would like Devery Henderson if we didn't just trade for a QB who can't throw the deep ball.:rolleyes: I suppose you think Thigpen can. Go to the :33 mark...<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ctvPzDMfp0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ctvPzDMfp0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

raybec 4
03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
:rolleyes: I suppose you think Thigpen can. Go to the :33 mark...<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ctvPzDMfp0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ctvPzDMfp0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Good video, I saw some very good throws there, and he uses his legs very well too.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Kevin Burnett was a guy I wanted coming out of Tennessee. He's never really broken through to become a big-time player. He's definitely somebody I'd like to bring in.

ChiefRon
03-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Jim Leonard signed by the Jets. No surprise there.

doomy3
03-03-2009, 10:24 AM

So who's smokin' crack?

ROFL

ROFL

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Kevin Burnett was a guy I wanted coming out of Tennessee. He's never really broken through to become a big-time player. He's definitely somebody I'd like to bring in.
I agree. I liked his play at Tennesse, as well. I know he's fought the injury bug some, but he's still relatively young, and shouldn't be too expensive. I'd like to see him brought in.

Sam Hall
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Excuse me?

Either Olshansky's an "upgrade" or he's not. Don't give me this ****ing "price" thing.

The ****ing OT's SUCK ****ing cock.

So who's smokin' crack?

ROFL

You're a pawn for Al Davis

doomy3
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM

Instead of having a nice conversation, you've been using smilies and whatnot to belittle my points.

Again, if that's how you want to play it, so be it.

Smiley count this thread:

Dane: 2
Claythan: 1

missinDThomas
03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
What about this guy? He'd be an upgrade to what we have on the right.

Jahri Evans | G Complete player profile
Full Name: Jahri A. Evans
Born: August 22, 1983
Philadelphia, PA
Height: 6-4
Weight: 318 lbs. Age: 25
Pos: G
Experience: 3 years
College: Bloomsburg
Insider Analysis
Grade 75
Expert's Take Evans has been a starter, since his rookie year, when he was drafted by the Saints in the fourth round of the 2006 draft. He is a good combination of mauler and athletic lineman, who is still learning the finer points of the techniques for blocking on the offensive line in the NFL. He still needs some work with his hand use and placement. He will get a wide grasp that can lead to holding. He is quick with his first step, can gain initial position on blocks and has enough agility to react or adjust to movement. He is quick coming out for the pull. He can adjust and react on the corner to zero in on blocks in the open field. He can roll his hips to turn and seal opponents on the edge and will set with a good base to wall off. He understands angles, how to protect the pocket in pass pro and flashes the ability to react or adjust to counter moves. He has good lower-body strength, can sink his hips to anchor against a bull rush or roll his hips and unload to deliver a good blow on drive blocks. He is an adequate knee-bender and does a good job of keeping his pad level down to leverage his blocks. He is learning to finish blocks off and will work the block until the whistle to sustain. He will overextend when in space and lose rushers to good counters or change-of-direction pass rush moves.

Micjones
03-03-2009, 11:12 AM

Dane says the darndest things.

Ray Willis is easily an upgrade over the steaming pile of cowflop we have at Right Tackle.
He'd be a Day 1 starter there.

Olshansky, even when considering a down year, is still light years better than Turk McBride.
And even moreso because he's played in the system we're switching to.

Those two players would be excellent acquisitions at this point.

(Apparently Devery Henderson re-signed with New Orleans. And he's anything but a possession receiver.)

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 11:13 AM
What about this guy? He'd be an upgrade to what we have on the right.

Jahri Evans | G Complete player profile
Full Name: Jahri A. Evans
Born: August 22, 1983
Philadelphia, PA
Height: 6-4
Weight: 318 lbs. Age: 25
Pos: G
Experience: 3 years
College: Bloomsburg
Insider Analysis
Grade 75
Expert's Take Evans has been a starter, since his rookie year, when he was drafted by the Saints in the fourth round of the 2006 draft. He is a good combination of mauler and athletic lineman, who is still learning the finer points of the techniques for blocking on the offensive line in the NFL. He still needs some work with his hand use and placement. He will get a wide grasp that can lead to holding. He is quick with his first step, can gain initial position on blocks and has enough agility to react or adjust to movement. He is quick coming out for the pull. He can adjust and react on the corner to zero in on blocks in the open field. He can roll his hips to turn and seal opponents on the edge and will set with a good base to wall off. He understands angles, how to protect the pocket in pass pro and flashes the ability to react or adjust to counter moves. He has good lower-body strength, can sink his hips to anchor against a bull rush or roll his hips and unload to deliver a good blow on drive blocks. He is an adequate knee-bender and does a good job of keeping his pad level down to leverage his blocks. He is learning to finish blocks off and will work the block until the whistle to sustain. He will overextend when in space and lose rushers to good counters or change-of-direction pass rush moves.

He's a RESTRICTED FA, meaning we would have to give up a pick. I believe the tender for him is a 2nd rounder and we don't have a 2nd round pick.

bowener
03-03-2009, 11:23 AM
i am starting to wonder how they are going to upgrade their defense and their offensive line by sitting on their asses during free agency, and trading away their second-round pick.

Draft picks?

Raji at #3, or a team like SF that they need a QB at #3 and trade down to #10 and hope you can get Raji still (or maybe Curry if some how he is still there), but lets say Raji.

Getting SF 2nd, draft the best OLB you can.

Maybe they feel our DE's can be addressed from on the team. Does anyone know how Tank could do at DE. He is 6'2" and large....

ChiefRon
03-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Draft picks?

Raji at #3, or a team like SF that they need a QB at #3 and trade down to #10 and hope you can get Raji still (or maybe Curry if some how he is still there), but lets say Raji.

Getting SF 2nd, draft the best OLB you can.

Maybe they feel our DE's can be addressed from on the team. Does anyone know how Tank could do at DE. He is 6'2" and large....

Fail, I doubt the 49ers pick a QB @ 10, much less trade up for him.

Try again.

Spicy McHaggis
03-03-2009, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=DaneMcCloud;5549890]Either Olshansky's an "upgrade" or he's not. Don't give me this ****ing "price" thing./QUOTE]

With the Chiefs looking to go 3-4 I don't think there is any question that Olshansky is an upgrade. Who else would you rather see on the end that's currently on our roster. I was pissed when the Chiefs traded back and missed out on him.

CoMoChief
03-03-2009, 12:18 PM

Henderson is better than Franklin.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Henderson is better than Franklin right now. However, Franklin has considerable upside and getting hurt was a real setback for his development. I'd rather not part with Franklin.

Igor Olshansky would be a definite upgrade, however. Primarily because we have ZERO 3-4 defensive ends right now, so anybody would be an upgrade.

DeezNutz
03-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Don't know how we're not going to make a serious run at Olshansky...

Makes too much sense.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Henderson is better than Franklin right now. However, Franklin has considerable upside and getting hurt was a real setback for his development. I'd rather not part with Franklin.

Igor Olshansky would be a definite upgrade, however. Primarily because we have ZERO 3-4 defensive ends right now, so anybody would be an upgrade.

This.

While Olshansky is better than anyone on the Chiefs roster, he struggled without Merriman. I guess he could be considered an "upgrade" but it's certainly not much of an upgrade. IMO, he's nothing more than a "guy".

As for Henderson, there sure seems to be a lot of love for a guy that caught 37 passes last year in N.O., meanwhile, Bradley caught 30 in 8 games (including injury).

But I guess it's difficult to argue with the resident geniouses.

DaneMcCloud
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Either Olshansky's an "upgrade" or he's not. Don't give me this ****ing "price" thing.

With the Chiefs looking to go 3-4 I don't think there is any question that Olshansky is an upgrade. Who else would you rather see on the end that's currently on our roster. I was pissed when the Chiefs traded back and missed out on him.

Come on.

It's not like they missed on Justin Tuck or Umenyiora or Julius Peppers.

He's been a decent player but certainly not a superstar. His contract demands are probably half of that of Canty (who just got $7 million a year).

I seriously doubt the guy would have been a difference maker the past 5 years.

DrRyan
03-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Excuse me?

Henderson, a possession receiver? You can not be serious? Henderson is the antithesis of a possession receiver. I don't really want to see him sign with the Chiefs, but Dane, your possession receiver analysis could not be any more incorrect. Go back and take a look at what he has done in the league. He will give you either 4 receptions for 173 yards and a touchdown or go without a catch. Please explain how a guy with a career average of 21.6 yards per reception is a possession receiver.

You are wrong on this one sir. Nice try on keeping up with your usual negativity though.

go bo
03-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Excuse me?

The ****ing OT's SUCK ****ing cock.

So who's smokin' crack?

ROFLwell, we don't smoke crack around here, we prefer to use homemade meth...

but i recently i got a sweet vaporizer machine that makes the wacky weed much easier to smoke; well, not exactly smoke, it's really just the vapors from the thc and nothing else. the temperature is enough to vaporize the thc but not enough to make the other ingredients of weed burn. and there is no weed odor no smoke whatsoever.

in short, vaporizers rule...

RULE, i say... :bong:

Hammock Parties
03-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Apparently Devery Henderson re-signed with New Orleans.

They must have needed a possession receiver.

raybec 4
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM

I figured you'd be around with that one sooner or later after reading you two pissing back and forth.

Micjones
03-03-2009, 04:28 PM

LMAO

Ouch.

htismaqe
03-03-2009, 04:42 PM
well, we don't smoke crack around here, we prefer to use homemade meth...

but i recently i got a sweet vaporizer machine that makes the wacky weed much easier to smoke; well, not exactly smoke, it's really just the vapors from the thc and nothing else. the temperature is enough to vaporize the thc but not enough to make the other ingredients of weed burn. and there is no weed odor no smoke whatsoever.

in short, vaporizers rule...

RULE, i say... :bong:

Bathtub meth rules!

(We need a toothless smilie.)

ChiefRon
03-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Benson resigned by the Bengals.

Thank God, we didn't need any gangsta buddies to go along w/LJ hunting bitches to pick fights with.

shammus
03-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Did Henderson really resign with the Saints? I can't find anything about that online. NFL.com, Rotoworld, the Saints own website.....nothing mentions it. Last I heard, Tampa Bay was the only team that even really had interest in him and they have already resigned Antonio Bryant and Michael Clayton in the past couple days so they may no longer be looking for WR help....

Micjones
03-03-2009, 11:05 PM
I misspoke. I haven't been able to corroborate the earlier report either.

So he's still fair game.
As is Willis and Olshanksy.

Go for the Hat trick Scotty!!!

ChiefRon
03-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Kevin Burnett just signed with the Chargers.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Kevin Burnett just signed with the Chargers.That sucks.

shammus
03-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Henderson is definitely off the list now, along with Coles, Matt Birk and even Ray Lewis. We've got Olshansky and several RT candidates remaining and from what I see, very little else.

I'm disappointed. I didn't expect us to shell out 8 mil a year and overpay for top shelf talent but I was hoping some of these second and third tier guys would be in our range. You can't sit there and expect to build through the draft and nothing else. 25 guys on your roster aren't going to all magically hit their prime at the same time, giving you this comfy 4-5 year window in which to make a run at the Super Bowl.

Last year, with the exception of Darling and Williams, we ignored free agency and we weren't even able to field a professional team. We were stuck resorting to signing guys off the street (Thomas, Babin, Celestin, Boiman, etc...) just to fill out our roster. Sensibly bringing in free agents to push the younger players, educate, provide depth on the roster and increase the competition level for starting spots is a benefit to our team. And in our case, there'd be a significant talent upgrade as well.

I can see why we avoid high priced players but guess I'm not getting why we avoid this portion of the offseason altogether - especially when we have the financial means to play a significant role.

go bo
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM

Again, if that's how you want to play it, so be it.smilies? :shrug:

smilies don't kill people, people kill smilies...

or something like that... :p

go bo
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Bathtub meth rules!

(We need a toothless smilie.)that would be :skip: ...

Micjones
03-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Ray Willis and Igor Olshansky still available.
Should both be reasonably priced and would go a long way to helping both lines.

I wouldn't mind snagging one of the veteran wideouts either.
And Haggans should figure in nicely at LB.

shammus
03-05-2009, 12:24 PM
I'd be all for signing Willis or Olshansky or both. I haven't heard anything about either player in days though.

Looks like both Barnes and Burnett are about to come off the list though.

ChiefRon
03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Willis is visiting Oakland today.

rad
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM

Tell ya what:

Go to the Steelers forum. Or better yet, ask a real Steelers fan: Is Willie Colon any good?

Then report the answer.

Just because he's better than Hackintosh doesn't mean he's good.

So why waste the time and money?

Contradiction.

Point made.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I'd be all for signing Willis or Olshansky or both. I haven't heard anything about either player in days though.

Looks like both Barnes and Burnett are about to come off the list though.

Barnes can go. He played poorly last year.
I wouldn't want him to even drive past Arrowhead let alone play there.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Willis is visiting Oakland today.

Ah shit...

This guy's capable of shoring up our RT spot.
Hopefully he leaves without a contract.

ChiefRon
03-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Olshansky visiting Dallas

Micjones
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Olshansky visiting Dallas

:harumph:

ChiefRon
03-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Didn't Clark say we could expect to be very active in FA this year?

Maybe Pioli didn't get that memo or something? Or does he think that the coaching was so horrific that he'd like to see how some of them perform with better coaching?

I know the "Patriots way" isn't about signing the big names, but with all the factors (current o-line, no 2nd rd pick now, switching to 3-4) I figured we would see one or two signings by now.

I was really bummed about missing out on Brown, to the freakin' Rams! Grrrr....

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Olshansky and Barnes in my opinion would help the Chiefs immediately. Nice post btw n00b. Hopefully we'll see more of you on here.

Archie Bunker
03-05-2009, 03:39 PM

Maybe Pioli didn't get that memo or something? Or does he think that the coaching was so horrific that he'd like to see how some of them perform with better coaching?

I know the "Patriots way" isn't about signing the big names, but with all the factors (current o-line, no 2nd rd pick now, switching to 3-4) I figured we would see one or two signings by now.

Clark and Pioli have been pretty consistant about not being active during the first wave. Now that the 2nd wave has begun the activity has picked up with Haggans, Davis, Engram, and who know who else.

I expect we'll see some signings pretty quick.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 03:42 PM

I think Chiefs brass will get going once the dust settles from the first wave of Free Agency.

I REALLY don't wanna miss out on Willis and Olshansky though.
Those guys won't break the bank and provide immediate upgrades on both lines.

I think with those two and a veteran at WR all the other signings can be very low-profile (i.e. Daniels & Davis).

Micjones
03-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Olshansky and Barnes in my opinion would help the Chiefs immediately. Nice post btw n00b. Hopefully we'll see more of you on here.

NO! No Khalif Barnes.
He was a turnstyle last year.

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I thought we'd sign Engram on the spot, but we didn't.

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I think Chiefs brass will get going once the dust settles from the first wave of Free Agency.

I REALLY don't wanna miss out on Willis and Olshansky though.
Those guys won't break the bank and provide immediate upgrades on both lines.

I think with those two and a veteran at WR all the other signings can be very low-profile (i.e. Daniels & Davis).

I agree but I could could see us not signing anything for the o-line and drafting one in the third round.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I thought we'd sign Engram on the spot, but we didn't.

I wonder if that was a by-product of his demands?

I'd like to see them add a vet WR to help the young guys out, but I won't cry a river if it's not Engram.

He's got great hands though.
If he could get some of that to rub off on D-Bowe we'd be golden!

Micjones
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree but I could could see us not signing anything for the o-line and drafting one in the third round.

I think we should do both.
It's not exactly like we have any real depth along the line.

Willis is 27 and could easily give us 4-5 years service time.
I'd still draft 2-3 O-Linemen in this draft.

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 04:06 PM

This.

CaliforniaChief
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
We're well-positioned to pick up players who are cap casualties down the road. Guys who are due roster bonuses, etc. are sure to fill the waiver wire, and we're in a position to do what we want there. Honestly with the exception of Brown (whose age was a plus for us), Nugent (a dependable kicker), and Canty, I can't see anyone in the first wave of signings that was worth 1/10th of what they got paid.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 04:23 PM
We're well-positioned to pick up players who are cap casualties down the road. Guys who are due roster bonuses, etc. are sure to fill the waiver wire, and we're in a position to do what we want there. Honestly with the exception of Brown (whose age was a plus for us), Nugent (a dependable kicker), and Canty, I can't see anyone in the first wave of signings that was worth 1/10th of what they got paid.

I was really only disappointed that Canty and Brown went elsewhere.
We've still got time to make a move on Willis and Olshansky (maybe...if Dallas doesn't sign him first).

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I was really only disappointed that Canty and Brown went elsewhere.
We've still got time to make a move on Willis and Olshansky (maybe...if Dallas doesn't sign him first).

Brown?

I think Safety is a big need too Bernard Pollard sucks we should sign a safety like Mike Brown he's a player maker. Also Heath Evans is a free agent we need a fullback he can do it all.

shammus
03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
It's not exactly like we have any real depth along the line.

Willis is 27 and could easily give us 4-5 years service time.
I'd still draft 2-3 O-Linemen in this draft.

This is pretty much what I've been saying all along. We actually don't have enough quality starters on either line. Even if Waters stays, we need to upgrade three positions on the Oline and I don't think we even have enough linebackers to run a 3-4 just yet! Bringing in a player or two with experience in the 3-4 (Olshansky) isn't a bad idea either.

We're so understaffed at LB and DE that last year, we had to bring guys in off the street (Boiman, Babin, etc..) just to be able to have 11 guys on the field defensively for us. There's no way we'll be able to fill all the holes on this team with just our 6 remaining draft picks.

The four players that I've seen us linked to strike me as either special teamers or guys that might not even make the final 53-man roster. I was thinking that with all that cap space, we'd be able to find some players to come in and start for us. I don't want to see us go tie up 8 million a year for 4-5 years on a player however I don't think any of those left on my short-list above would really even come close to falling into that catagory.

A small sidenote...Burnett, Barnes and Olshansky all seem to be on the move today. Wish we could get involved before all the players that might contribute are gone - very few of those left as it is. I think I'd be up for taking anybody listed above

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Brown?

I think Safety is a big need too Bernard Pollard sucks we should sign a safety like Mike Brown he's a player maker. Also Heath Evans is a free agent we need a fullback he can do it all.

Jason Brown, Center.

Why do "we" need a fullback? Mike Cox was very impressive last year as an undrafted free agent rookie.

Archie Bunker
03-05-2009, 04:35 PM
One new name....

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1715/Afternoon-free-agency-update.html

The Chiefs are looking at fee agents Keary Colbert, Keith Davis and Travis Daniels

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Jason Brown, Center.

Why do "we" need a fullback? Mike Cox was very impressive last year as an undrafted free agent rookie.

Mike Cox isn't really a blocking fullback sure he was good at catching passes but Heath Evans is a football player. I remember in 05' when the Pats had no Rb's he stepped in and did a decent job. Thats the kind of players Pioli likes

htismaqe
Brown?

Pollard was hamstrung by having to cover Page's half of the field too. If any safety should go, it's Page.

DaneMcCloud
Colbert could be interesting.

He had a good rookie season, then dropped off and finally disappeared.

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Pollard was hamstrung by having to cover Page's half of the field too. If any safety should go, it's Page.

I disagree Page is a good coverage safety. Pollard takes bad angles, is slow, and misses tackles.

PunkinDrublic
03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Jason Brown, Center.

Plus let's face it we all love to giggle when the color commentator remarks about how hard Mike Cox hits the hole.

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I disagree Page is a good coverage safety. Pollard takes bad angles, is slow, and misses tackles.

Pollard is a SS and if you read his scouting reports, it says in BOLD LETTERS that he needs to play on the line and NOT in a Cover 2. He's been playing out of position his entire time here.

Page, on the other hand, was supposed to be perfectly-suited to the Cover 2. He is very rarely where he's supposed to be, which is a cardinal sin in the Cover 2. He isn't smart, he has poor instincts on his reads, and he lacks zone discipline.

I wonder how much attention you pay to the safeties, because Page is AWFUL.

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Pollard is a SS and if you read his scouting reports, it says in BOLD LETTERS that he needs to play on the line and NOT in a Cover 2. He's been playing out of position his entire time here.

Page, on the other hand, was supposed to be perfectly-suited to the Cover 2. He is very rarely where he's supposed to be, which is a cardinal sin in the Cover 2. He isn't smart, he has poor instincts on his reads, and he lacks zone discipline.

I wonder how much attention you pay to the safeties, because Page is AWFUL.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about this with you. If you read the scouting reports too you'd see Pollard was suppose to be a 4-5th round draft pick. Which means he probably should be on the bench anyway. Plus we're not playing a Cover 2 anymore whats your point?

Micjones
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Brown?

Jason Brown.

I'd take Heath Evans.
I'd rather have Leonard Weaver though (another Seahawk).

Archie Bunker
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM
PRINT 'EM

Chiefs | C. Jones agrees to terms
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:41:14 -0800

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced they have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent WR C.J. Jones (Patriots). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about this with you. If you read the scouting reports too you'd see Pollard was suppose to be a 4-5th round draft pick. Which means he probably should be on the bench anyway. Plus we're not playing a Cover 2 anymore whats your point?

Please, do us all a favor and show us these scouting reports that say Pollard was a 4th or 5th round pick.

Scott Wright had him rated at 90, (http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2006/2006-Top-Overall.php) and had the Patriots taking him at 86 in the mock. http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2006/2006-Mock.php

Once again, you prove that you don't have the faintest fucking clue what your talking about.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2009, 04:50 PM
PRINT 'EM

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced they have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent WR C.J. Jones (Patriots). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

ROFL

Jesus.

Why don't we trade our 3rd and 4th round picks for Larry Izzo and Tedy Bruschi while we're at it?

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 04:51 PM

Lindy's magazine had him the #3 SS in that draft. Scott Wright had him rated as a late 2nd/early 3rd.

My point is that Pollard hasn't yet played in a defensive scheme that he's actually suited for.

Page has played in a scheme that he was MADE FOR, and yet he sucks.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
PRINT 'EM

Great signing. Drafted in 2003 and for 5 years really hasn't played in the NFL.
I guess someone has to be on the scout team...
:D

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Lindy's magazine had him the #3 SS in that draft. Scott Wright had him rated as a late 2nd/early 3rd.

My point is that Pollard hasn't yet played in a defensive scheme that he's actually suited for.

Page has played in a scheme that he was MADE FOR, and yet he sucks.

Good luck with that guy.

He makes Terri Schiavo look like a goddamn MENSA member.

shammus
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I'd be on board with upgrading our FB position. We haven't had a really good one since Richardson and with our line, woeful as it is, we could use the extra blocking help. Plus, I saw LJ fail consistantly last year in short yardage/goalline situations. We could use a FB to help us out in those situations too.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd be on board with upgrading our FB position. We haven't had a really good one since Richardson and with our line, woeful as it is, we could use the extra blocking help. Plus, I saw LJ fail consistantly last year in short yardage/goalline situations. We could use a FB to help us out in those situations too.

Weaver would be the way to go then.
One of the VERY best FB's in the league.

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Please, do us all a favor and show us these scouting reports that say Pollard was a 4th or 5th round pick.

Scott Wright had him rated at 90, (http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2006/2006-Top-Overall.php) and had the Patriots taking him at 86 in the mock. http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2006/2006-Mock.php

Once again, you prove that you don't have the faintest ****ing clue what your talking about.

Do you always take the internet so seriously? Weren't you the guy defending your internet ego for a whole day last week? Seriously it's laughable how seriously you take the internet. What are you Bernard Pollards cousin or something?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/9408807

"Worst pick: A lot of scouts had a lower grade on second-round pick Bernard Pollard. He might have been a bit of a reach, although they do need safety help."

So are you going to apologize or continue your incohernet ramblings?

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Do you always take the internet so seriously? Weren't you the guy defending your internet ego for a whole day last week? Seriously it's laughable how seriously you take the internet. What are you Bernard Pollards cousin or something?

"Worst pick: A lot of scouts had a lower grade on second-round pick Bernard Pollard. He might have been a bit of a reach, although they do need safety help."

Apologize for what? I'm not the dumbass making shit up as he goes along.

Where does that link say ANYTHING about Pollard being a 4th or 5th round pick?

Answer: It doesn't, and you've been caught talking out of your ass yet again.

Do us all a favor and run along. The adults are trying to talk football here, and don't need you pulling on their pants leg because you just shit your drawers.

Basileus777
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I hope we don't overpay for someone like Olshansky, he's been on the decline the past 2 years.

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Apologize for what? I'm not the dumbass making shit up as he goes along.

Where does that link say ANYTHING about Pollard being a 4th or 5th round pick?

Answer: It doesn't, and you've been caught talking out of your ass yet again.

INTERNET RAGE RAWR!1! I think you were the moron who was slurping the draftubators. Anyway most scouts agreed drafting Pollard in round 2 was a reach he certainly hasn't played like a 2nd round pick either.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I hope we don't overpay for someone like Olshansky, he's been on the decline the past 2 years.

I don't think we'll have to. He hasn't exactly been a world-beater.
And I think the dust is settling in FA.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
INTERNET RAGE RAWR!1! I think you were the moron who was slurping the draftubators. Anyway most scouts agreed drafting Pollard in round 2 was a reach he certainly hasn't played like a 2nd round pick either.

Who said he WASN'T a reach? He was. A projected 3rd round pick taken in the late 2nd.

YOU are the retard who said:

If you read the scouting reports too you'd see Pollard was suppose to be a 4-5th round draft pick.

Apparently YOU didn't read those scouting reports, and you were called on it.

But please, keep talking out of your ass. It's probably very convenient for you considering your head shares the same real estate.

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Great signing. Drafted in 2003 and for 5 years really hasn't played in the NFL.
I guess someone has to be on the scout team...
:D

Ahem.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jones_cj00.html

:)

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Taking a 4th or 5th rounder in the 2nd round isn't a "bit" of a reach. It's a HUGE reach.

Obviously they had him rated right around the 3rd round, where EVERYBODY ELSE DID.

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Who said he WASN'T a reach? He was. A projected 3rd round pick taken in the late 2nd.

YOU are the retard who said:

Apparently YOU didn't read those scouting reports, and you were called on it.

But please, keep talking out of your ass. It's probably very convenient for you considering your head shares the same real estate.

So I said he was a 4-5th round pick opposed to a 3rd round pick. You aruge about miniscule things are we suppose to bow down cause you have over 18,000 posts? Seriously you stomping your feet is comedy.

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Taking a 4th or 5th rounder in the 2nd round isn't a "bit" of a reach. It's a HUGE reach.

Obviously they had him rated right around the 3rd round, where EVERYBODY ELSE DID.

And he's played like a late round pick. He's a special teams player not a starting safety.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
So I said he was a 4-5th round pick opposed to a 3rd round pick. You aruge about miniscule things are we suppose to bow down cause you have over 18,000 posts? Seriously you stomping your feet is comedy.

Not stomping my feet at all. Just calling a spade a spade. Facts are somewhat important when trying to make an argument.

I enjoying calling you out on your bullshit, which you've shown to be full of ever since you graced us with your presence.

And please, keep neg-repping me. This place thinks so much of your dumb ass that the system is giving positive rep points every time you neg me.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2009, 05:13 PM

There's a HUGE difference between a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick.

You really need to give it up because seriously, you don't have a fucking clue.

Good day.

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Not stomping my feet at all. Just calling a spade a spade. Facts are somewhat important when trying to make an argument.

I enjoying calling you out on your bullshit, which you've shown to be full of ever since you graced us with your presence.

And please, keep neg-repping me. This place thinks so much of your dumb ass that the system is giving positive rep points every time you neg me.

ROFL

Yea cause every loser needs something to make them feel better about themselves. Are these the same accounts that you use to send me your retarded messages?

Titty Meat
03-05-2009, 05:24 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/archive/index.php/t-139922.html

This is the thread that was made when he drafted him. People were saying that alot of teams had him as a 4th rounder. Enjoy

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2009, 05:24 PM
There's a HUGE difference between a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick.

You really need to give it up because seriously, you don't have a fucking clue.

Good day.

The ignore list grows by the day...

Seriously, this place has been infested with some brain-dead motherfuckers this offseason. I'm not sure how these guys can fucking breathe without written instructions.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Ahem.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jones_cj00.html

:)

He's a regular Otis Taylor.
5 years in the NFL and zero career stats.

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2009, 05:33 PM

This is the thread that was made when he drafted him. People were saying that alot of teams had him as a 4th rounder. Enjoy

ROFL

Frankie (of all people) said that "other boards" had him at 4th. "Other boards"? Like WPI, not NFL Draft boards.

Furthermore, thanks for the link. There were so many people advocating Croyle in the 2nd that it makes my head spin. And a few other loser players.

Though, Ko Simpson is worth millions.

rad
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM

The point being made is this: Do a little research while engaging in discussion so as to be taken seriously. However, it appears it is too late for you, as you have already, in a short period of time, assclowned yourself.

shammus
03-05-2009, 07:49 PM
d'oh....Heath Evans resigned with the Saints. Jermaine Phillips is gone too.

I feel like I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel but I added a few more guys on to my ever-dwindling list of decent free agents left. Some of these guys are borderline "iffy" but remember how depleted our roster actually is so if they're willing to come over cheap.... :)

DE – Igor Olshansky --- Visiting Packers on Friday 3/6, who lost out on Canty
OLB – Kevin Burnett --- visits Texans on Thursday 3/5 but still supposedly close to signing with San Diego
OLB – Freddie Keiaho --- visiting Bills on Thursday 3/5
OLB – Angelo Crowell --- Visiting Tampa Bay on Monday, 3/9
OT – Khalif Barnes --- Remained in Oakland on Thursday, 3/5. Raiders hoping to sign him today
OT – Marvel Smith
OT – Ray Willis
OT – John St. Clair
OT – Mark Tauscher
RB – Desean Foster --- visiting Bills on Wednesday, 3/4
FB – Leonard Weaver

htismaqe
03-06-2009, 09:00 AM

People here?

ROFL

Notice the 2nd post in that thread is a BRONCO fan saying it's a good pick.

The 4th post is a scouting report that basically says everything you've posted in this thread is BS.

There's posts in there bitching that we didn't draft Darnell Bing instead (who? exactly). There's actually a post in there suggesting that we should have used that pick in a trade to get Javon Walker. ROFL

There's ONE scouting report in that ENTIRE thread that agrees with you and it's one from SI.com.

Do a little more research next time.

htismaqe
03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
He's a regular Otis Taylor.
5 years in the NFL and zero career stats.

Hey now, that's not fair.

shammus
03-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Just lost Olshansky as well as Ray Willis who resigned with the Seahawks. Khalif Barnes and Kevin Burnett are pretty much off the market as well. Pioli might have planned on bargain hunting once the market thinned out a bit, but at this point, there's very little to hunt.