PDA

View Full Version : Football Lions run a 4-3

redsurfer11
03-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Would Gunther and the Lions want to trade for some of his former players? Hali, Dorsey, DJ or Pollard. Just a what if scenario.

The Bad Guy
03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I'd trade them Hali for an old Herman Moore jersey.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Would Gunther and the Lions want to trade for some of his former players? Hali, Dorsey, DJ or Pollard. Just a what if scenario.

Possible... We'll give them Dorsey for the first. He was a fifth pick, and h'es had a year to "mature"

redsurfer11
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Possible... We'll give them Dorsey for the first. He was a fifth pick, and h'es had a year to "mature"

Lions wouldn't make that move, unless they wanted to save $.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Lions wouldn't make that move, unless they wanted to save $.

I know. But Pioli got Cassel and Vrabel for a second...

If Matt Millen were still there and we had Pioli... We'd have the first and third... :-)

SBK
03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I think Hali is far too talented to play for Detroit. LMAO

CaliforniaChief
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure about DJ...but it would seem like he's got good trade value still...do you think we could get at least a 2nd for him? Or do you think he's worth keeping to see how he works in the 3-4?

ChiefsCountry
03-03-2009, 10:04 PM
If we traded Dorsey to Detroit with Schwartz and Stafford and they won a Super Bowl I will go full out ape shit.

Saccopoo
03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
What's with the lack of love for Bernie Pollard? The guy is in on every play. I know he's a work in progress in terms of wrapping people up, but he plays hard, hits like a truck, fast for a strong safety, and prototypical size. More often than not, he was the best player on the field for our defense last year - or at least the one I noticed who was making the plays, or in the play, or around the play.

unothadeal
03-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Nobody is more familiar with the amount of suck on the Chiefs defense than Gunther. He knows they aren't "his" players.

Chiefless
03-03-2009, 10:13 PM

BUT, would you trade him for an old Herman Edwards jersey?

Spicy McHaggis
03-03-2009, 11:07 PM
What's with the lack of love for Bernie Pollard? The guy is in on every play. I know he's a work in progress in terms of wrapping people up, but he plays hard, hits like a truck, fast for a strong safety, and prototypical size. More often than not, he was the best player on the field for our defense last year - or at least the one I noticed who was making the plays, or in the play, or around the play.

At this point being a work in progress in terms of wrapping people up should be inexcusable.

We have one safety in Pollard who blows routine tackles in favor of the occasional knockout punch and another (Page) who should be able put his shoulder on somebody and lay some wood at 220+ lbs. but tackles like a cover corner some of the time.

They aren't the reason the defense was bad. But they certainly have areas for improvement.

If Morgan can't push one of them for a spot it's his own damn fault.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 11:09 PM

I agree. I think there are other spots that need attention well before this one...

Some people want to get the "Old Chief Smell" out of the lockerroom, though. And that's cool. Maybe its a good idea, who knows!

lazepoo
03-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I think Hali would make sense in a trade. He doesn't fit our new 3-4 at all, and we might be able to get something for him, although he's underperformed based on his draft position, so we won't get what we've invested in him.

Pollard is a good ST player, and I think he can be coached up.

Page made some big plays and seems to be a ballhawk, but his tackling does suck a fat one. I think he could be coached up as well.

DJ is one of the only LBs we have, and if our trend of bringing in older guys continues, he's going to be one of the few on our LB corps with any speed. I think he would look good in a 3-4 at ILB. Is his contract ending soon, though. If so, we might look into moving him to get some value because I doubt we'll hold onto him unless he has a decent season (but not good enough to get top dollar on the FA market), although we'll never get close to what we invested in him (like Hali) based on his current output.

cdcox
03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
I knew we should have kept Kendrell Bell around.

lazepoo
03-03-2009, 11:25 PM

ROFL

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 11:26 PM

We should get RayRay instead... :-)

BigChiefFan
03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
We should get RayRay instead... :-)

The longer he's out there, the lower his price tag becomes.

The Buddha
03-03-2009, 11:33 PM
The longer he's out there, the lower his price tag becomes.

But he might kill us!!!

Crush
03-04-2009, 01:50 AM

Would you trade him for a Klondike Bar?

CoMoChief
03-04-2009, 08:39 AM
What's with the lack of love for Bernie Pollard? The guy is in on every play.

No he's not. And besides, if you can't wrap up properly you could be in on every play and it wouldnt matter. Your ass still gets ran over.