PDA

View Full Version : Computers If you stream WHB and can't load Silverlight, look here...

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 09:26 AM
WHB changed their website format overnight and when you click on "Listen Live" it no longer allows you to select your player - it takes you automatically to the Silverlight player.

If you're like me and on a work computer where the installation of Silverlight is blocked, do the following:

1) Copy the URL of the Silverlight player (http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/standard_plr/audio_player.php?id=WHB&playerType=silverlight) into your browser.

2) Change the word silverlight at the end to wmp.

That should get you back to the Windows Media Player version of the player.

Buck
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Im assuming this is for a Radio Station.

I was trying to do this w/ a SD radio station the other day and it didn't work.

Now I know how to do it.

Thanks.

HC_Chief
03-05-2009, 09:35 AM
The goddamn iPhone browser (shitty neutered version of Safari) needs to support SOME type of streaming. Such bullshit they charge that amount of money for a phone that can't f*cking stream media from online sources using ubiquitous technologies. :grr:

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 09:55 AM
The goddamn iPhone browser (shitty neutered version of Safari) needs to support SOME type of streaming. Such bullshit they charge that amount of money for a phone that can't f*cking stream media from online sources using ubiquitous technologies. :grr:

Well WMP and Silverlight aren't exactly "ubiquitous" when it comes to talking about an Apple product.

Molitoth
03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks man!

HC_Chief
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Well WMP and Silverlight aren't exactly "ubiquitous" when it comes to talking about an Apple product.

They work fine on a Mac.... not on an iPhone tho'. Nope, that would somehow circumvent Apple's f*cking iTunes library & content and we can't have that!

I have a WMV codec for QT called "Flip4Mac WMV". I can play WMV content in OSX w/o error. There is also a Silverlight for OSX. Works fine.

Apple decided to go all "IE" on its user base with the f*ck-awful neutered implementation of Safari & a closed OS to protect its g'damned iTunes Library franchise.

Bastards

htismaqe
03-05-2009, 10:50 AM
They work fine on a Mac.... not on an iPhone tho'. Nope, that would somehow circumvent Apple's f*cking iTunes library & content and we can't have that!

I have a WMV codec for QT called "Flip4Mac WMV". I can play WMV content in OSX w/o error. There is also a Silverlight for OSX. Works fine.

Apple decided to go all "IE" on its user base with the f*ck-awful neutered implementation of Safari & a closed OS to protect its g'damned iTunes Library franchise.

Bastards

Yeah, I know it works fine on a Mac. It didn't always though. I'm just saying conflicts between M$ and Apple aren't a big surprise. They're more alike than either of them would like us to believe.

wazimo
03-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks Man,

I was getting very frustrated. The email addresses were also not working for me. I live in Atlanta so I need this station to keep up with stuff.

Cheers,

MC