PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs | Interested in Colbert

Bill Lundberg
03-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Chiefs | Interested in Colbert
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:17:16 -0800 Bill Williamson (http://www.kffl.com/link/3), of ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9), reports the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) are interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Keary Colbert (http://www.kffl.com/player/9444/nfl) (Lions).

BigChief68
03-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:17:16 -0800

Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Keary Colbert (Lions
per kffl

DaFace
03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I thought about making a Stephen Colbert joke, but couldn't really come up with one that would be worth it. So instead you get a waste of a post.

MIAdragon
03-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Lundberg got ya.

Quesadilla Joe
03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
He signed with Denver last season and we traded him to the Seahawks for a 6th or 7th round draft pick. He was a first round draft pick out of USC a few years ago.

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2009, 06:46 PM
He was a first round draft pick out of USC a few years ago.

You better do some research on that one. Try second round.

cdcox
03-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I thought about making a Stephen Colbert joke, but couldn't really come up with one that would be worth it. So instead you get a waste of a post.

I was looking forward to the Colbert retort.

rad
03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Aaaaaah...........OK.

chiefscafan
03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
good receiver liked him out of usc but he's bounced around the league since then don't know why.

chiefscafan
03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
hey cutler what's his problem he keeps bouncing around the league out of usc he looked good?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2009, 06:51 PM
This guy fucking sucks.

Micjones
03-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Had 1 good year his rookie season in Carolina.
Was on 3 different teams just last year.
PASS.

wild1
03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
if we were the broncos we'd sign him for 4 years, $10 million

Micjones
03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
This guy fucking sucks.

Three different teams just last year.

chiefscafan
03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
yeah he had the one good year and disapeared

Valiant
03-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I know the Patriots found some gems with younger players, but we also have an assload of cap space.. Give somebody that we KNOW has talent a really great incentive plan that could pay him like one of the best players in the league a contract..

Unless Pioli and Haley really think a majority of these scrubs they are/will be bringing in could kick most of our existing team to the curb..

Delano
03-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I know the Patriots found some gems with younger players, but we also have an assload of cap space.. Give somebody that we KNOW has talent a really great incentive plan that could pay him like one of the best players in the league a contract..

Unless Pioli and Haley really think a majority of these scrubs they are/will be bringing in could kick most of our existing team to the curb..

Do you have anyone in mind?

RealSNR
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Why do we need this guy? Is Devard Darling injured and we need a backup never-has-been-but-had-potential-that-one-time receiver?

Sure-Oz
03-05-2009, 07:19 PM
We litterly are trying to start 22 guys off the street

MIAdragon
03-05-2009, 07:26 PM
They guy has stone hands, we already have one guy that has a hard time with the dropsies.

Denver Dave
03-05-2009, 07:31 PM
You can have our sloppy seconds ROFL

He'll get bitch slapped by Bailey and Goodman anyway.

Valiant
03-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Do you have anyone in mind?

Well as opposed to people that make me scratch my head..

Drew Carter in for min. Did great before he got hurt and is a big body.
way bigger upside then Colbert if healthy and a chance to be good as Colbert is just camp fodder..

I would say Curry, but injuries have come every season lately it seems.. I think his chances/ability is done with in the nfl..

Reggie Williams would be the one I would ideally sign to the incentive laden contract with a behavior clause..

I wanted Miles Austin but it seems Cowboys tendered him and Sam Hurd, so they are out..

Captain Obvious
03-05-2009, 08:19 PM

Can't wait to see his highlights on the Sport Report.

Ultra Peanut
03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Jeff Webb, you're officially ON NOTICE.

Mecca
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
He signed with Denver last season and we traded him to the Seahawks for a 6th or 7th round draft pick. He was a first round draft pick out of USC a few years ago.

He wasn't a 1st round pick...

Also if we're trying to sign vet WR's why are we signing slot guys, go offer Galloway something sure he's old but he can still run.

Bootlegged
03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Carolina is my 2nd team - he is hated in NC/SC as he never lived up to potential and was seen as a giant bust. He bumped around Denver/Detroit and never made a ripple with them. Stay away. Stay far, far away. Waste of roster spot.

foxman
03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Carolina is my 2nd team - he is hated in NC/SC as he never lived up to potential and was seen as a giant bust. He bumped around Denver/Detroit and never made a ripple with them. Stay away. Stay far, far away. Waste of roster spot.

Couldnt agree more, he is a wasted roster spot if he even actually makes the roster. I live in NC and am familier with this waste of talent.

DenverChief
03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again with Pioli & Co at the helm I'm willing to go along with whomever they bring in...this is not Carl & co bringing in Carlton Gray

Bootlegged
03-05-2009, 08:46 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again with Pioli & Co at the helm I'm willing to go along with whomever they bring in...this is not Carl & co bringing in Carlton Gray

This is a horrible idea - I don't care who is steering the ship. Colbert is a proven bust. Look at Denver/Det signings... he is shit. Pass.

DenverChief
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
This is a horrible idea - I don't care who is steering the ship. Colbert is a proven bust. Look at Denver/Det signings... he is shit. Pass.

I'll take a pass on your opinion over Pioli thanks

Bootlegged
03-05-2009, 08:49 PM
I'll take a pass on your opinion over Pioli thanks

Of course you would. You like young, muscular men. I know football. You will take cock every chance you get.

DenverChief
03-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Of course you would. You like young, muscular men. I know football. You will take cock every chance you get.

LMAO I bet you name is chester isn't it?

C-Mac
03-05-2009, 09:09 PM
We literally are trying to start 22 guys off the street

LMAO

Skip Towne
03-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Sounds like Eddie Kennison's resume.

soundmind
03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
This guy ****ing sucks.

My guess is that a guy like this, and another like Engram might have a lot to do with Pioli's assessment of our receiving corps.

His findings: They suck turds.

So HOPEFULLY, these guys are being brought in essentially for a paid "try out" for the Chiefs, and to up the workouts in camp - guys fighting for jobs try harder....I'd be surprised if they were all here come kickoff though, even though we could use the ST help, I would guess the WRs are basically going to be evaluated against one another for depth positions.

I'm just happy his name isn't Terrell.

Rooster
03-06-2009, 11:25 AM
We litterly are trying to start 22 guys off the street

ROFLROFL

SenselessChiefsFan
03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:17:16 -0800 Bill Williamson (http://www.kffl.com/link/3), of ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9), reports the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) are interested in unrestricted free-agent WR Keary Colbert (http://www.kffl.com/player/9444/nfl) (Lions).

This guy played with Cassel at USC. CJ Jones was on the practice squad in New England.

Colbert is a guy that Matt will be familiar with.

Colbert also isn't some no talent hack. This isn't Jeff Webb we are talking about here.

The Broncos had a deep receiving corps and found that they could get a fifth round pick for him.

He was cut in Seattle because he had two drops in a game that they lost. He was a scapegoat and was used as an example.

Well, if the Chiefs cut WR's after two drops, the DBowe show would be running on a different network.

He is a big bodied guy, that 'could' be a nice pickup.

MIAdragon
03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
This guy played with Cassel at USC. CJ Jones was on the practice squad in New England.

Colbert is a guy that Matt will be familiar with.

Colbert also isn't some no talent hack. This isn't Jeff Webb we are talking about here.

The Broncos had a deep receiving corps and found that they could get a fifth round pick for him.

He was cut in Seattle because he had two drops in a game that they lost. He was a scapegoat and was used as an example.

Well, if the Chiefs cut WR's after two drops, the DBowe show would be running on a different network.

He is a big bodied guy, that 'could' be a nice pickup.

He has

http://www.webdesign.org/img_articles/13749/04.jpg

The guy was 2nd in total drops in 07 IIRC

Wilson8
03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Keary Colbert has "KC", like a Chiefs logo, tattooed on his arm. How can that NOT be a perfect pickup for the Chiefs?

Seriously, I really don't want Colbert taking up a roster spot and a waste of money. His best year was 6 years ago and it has been down hill from there.

Probably does not hurt to look at them but for players like Keary Colbert or Bobby Engram, the Chiefs should wait until after the draft to see what happens there.

Currently the rostered WRs are Dwayne Bowe, Mark Bradley, Will Franklin, Devard Darling, Kevin Robinson, Jeff Webb, and C.J. Jones. The only one that is an absolute certain for next year is Dwayne Bowe. Bradley can play if he can stay healthy, so I think he makes the opening day roster. Robinson probably makes the team if he is the punt return man. If he's not the retun man, then maybe Savage or someone not yet on the Chiefs roster. Maybe someone like WR Mike Thomas from Arizona in the 4th round would be an upgrade. Darling, Franklin, and Webb would compete for the last 1 or 2 WR positions on the team.

The Chiefs need an upgrade at receiver and not just free agent signing. Maybe a Torry Holt if he comes available.