PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Crennel not coming to K.C. anytime soon...

Jerm
03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1717/Agent--Crennel-not-going-to-KC-at-this-time.html

The agent for former Cleveland head coach Romeo Crennel said there are no plans for him to become the defensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.

There head been reports that said Crennel was mulling an offer from Kansa City. However, Crennel's agent, Joe Linta, said Crennel is fully focusing on recovering from a hip replacement surgery he had last month and that Crennel was fired by Cleveland at the end of last season.

"That is not going to happen at this time," said Linta of Crennel joining the Chiefs. "Coach is focusing on his rehabilitation and then he will entertain opportunities in both football and in the media. He is looking forward to what lies ahead."

Still, Linta didn't rule out the possibility of Crennel speaking to the Chiefs about a consulting role or coaching role down the road. Crennel was the defensive coordinator in New England when new Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli was there.

"Coach and Scott have always had a good relationship and I'm sure the line of communication between them will continue in the future," Linta said.

Kansas City has yet to designate a defensive coordinator. At the NFL combine last month, new Chiefs coach Todd Haley wouldn't discuss Crennel and said he was still working on his staff.

------------------------------
I guess it's either Gibbs or Pendergast for DC? :doh!:

03-05-2009, 08:39 PM
The deal is done.

DeezNutz
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I look forward to the announcement tomorrow.

talastan
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
The deal is ****ed.

FYP

keg in kc
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Translation: Up the offer.

MahiMike
03-05-2009, 08:44 PM
ah, he ain't all that. fugetaboutim.

-King-
03-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Translation: Up the offer.

That's what I got from it too. If he was sincerely not interested, he would have never said the part about "Coach and Scott have always had a good relationship and I'm sure the line of communication between them will continue in the future," Linta said.

smittysbar
03-05-2009, 08:46 PM
This means nothing

Frankie
03-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Is Crennel really all "that" anyway? Or was Belicheck basically his own DC?

-King-
03-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Is Crennel really all "that" anyway? Or was Belicheck basically his own DC?

Lmao! Why does everyone think Belichick is God? Everyone credits Belichick 100% of the moves NE made and says Pioli didnt do anything.

And now you want to say Belichick was the same when it came to coaching?

This guy must have never slept, having to be GM, HC, DC, etc.

Frankie
03-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Lmao! Why does everyone think Belichick is God? Everyone credits Belichick 100% of the moves NE made and says Pioli didnt do anything.

And now you want to say Belichick was the same when it came to coaching?

This guy must have never slept, having to be GM, HC, DC, etc.

Chill dude. I was just asking.

-King-
03-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Chill dude. I was just asking.

Lol, didn't mean to sound like I was angry or anything my bad lol. On that note, :cuss:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Official "Dance The Hokey-Pokey With Carrot Up Ass" Idea Of The Day!!!!

Let's blow off Crennel, and give the job to the majestic awesomeness of Pendergast or Gibbs!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!

And-a 1, 2, 3!

"You open up the fridge,
You get the carrot out,
You cram it up your ass, and you shake it all about"!

"You do the hokey-pokey with a carrot up your ass,
That's what it's all a-bout"!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :doh!:

bishop_74
03-05-2009, 10:03 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1717/Agent--Crennel-not-going-to-KC-at-this-time.html

There head been reports that said Crennel was mulling an offer from Kansa City.

Who wrote this article. Geez...

PHOG
03-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Well, it's obvious Dom Pioli has put the word out to Crennel's agent, STFU%(/

CaliforniaChief
03-05-2009, 10:10 PM
It's hard to say what's going to happen with this. Obviously the Chiefs are waiting on someone else who's not on staff to come aboard, and it would appear to be Crennel. But it would probably take a ransom and a few double agents to figure it all out.

I don't think it's the hip. He knows the hip will be fine by the time camp rolls around. It's probably not money because the Browns still owe him money and that would be an issue of just resolving how much we pay and how much they pay. It's probably a power/position thing...who's going to decide what, personnel decisions under him, etc. But then again, I'm not a double agent and don't know any more than my 8 year old in terms of what they'll do. But it's fun to speculate.

whoman69
03-05-2009, 10:13 PM
So if not Crennel then who? I don't see any of those on the staff as being our DC or they would have already been named.

jAZ
03-05-2009, 10:15 PM
It's amazing to me how often people around here try to find some mysterious storyline in any story involving Pioli.

Why hadn't he fired Herm yet!?! Because he was going through the extensive review process he promised.

Why hadn't he hired a coach yet!?! Because he was going through the extensive reveiw process he promosed.

Why hasn't he hired Crennel!?! Because the guy is trying to doing his rehab and trying to figure out if or when he can handle the rigors required.

There's really nothing more to this.

Hammock Parties
03-05-2009, 10:20 PM
I wonder if Crennel can get around OK.

Might be counter productive to have a DC that can't be a little energetic on the practice field.

Goldmember
03-05-2009, 10:27 PM

Might be counter productive to have a DC that can't be a little energetic on the practice field.

No excuse for that, just get him a rascal or a riding lawnmower and he can do two jobs at once.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-05-2009, 10:38 PM
No excuse for that, just get him a rascal or a riding lawnmower and he can do two jobs at once.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/SCOOTERSIGN-1.jpg

Kyle DeLexus
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
It's hard to say what's going to happen with this. Obviously the Chiefs are waiting on someone else who's not on staff to come aboard, and it would appear to be Crennel. But it would probably take a ransom and a few double agents to figure it all out.

I don't think it's the hip. He knows the hip will be fine by the time camp rolls around. It's probably not money because the Browns still owe him money and that would be an issue of just resolving how much we pay and how much they pay. It's probably a power/position thing...who's going to decide what, personnel decisions under him, etc. But then again, I'm not a double agent and don't know any more than my 8 year old in terms of what they'll do. But it's fun to speculate.

You need to find out what that 8 year old knows! Stop holding back the info from the board! :cuss:

jAZ
03-05-2009, 10:40 PM

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/adult/medical_services/arthritis/hip/conditions/hip/treatments.html

Physical Activity -- Being physically active is an essential part of recovery. Within three to six weeks, you should be able to resume most normal physical activities of your daily routine. During the first few weeks of recovery, a physical therapist may teach or help you perform specific exercises to strengthen your hip. Other recommended physical activities include graduated walking and normal household activities to increase your mobility. However, it is important that you do not push yourself and avoid falling, which can damage your hip and require further surgery. Stairs are particularly hazardous and should be avoided if you do not have the help of an assisting device or caregiver. Recommended devices include a cane, crutches, walker and handrails.

Six weeks after surgery, when you regain full hip movement, you can probably resume driving. At this time, your surgeon also may allow you to return to work, depending on how much physical activity is involved in your occupation. Sexual activity can be resumed at this time as well.

So that's good, I guess.

jAZ
03-05-2009, 10:42 PM
There seems to be some hope...
Seems kind of pointless.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9IT7qK1hrro&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9IT7qK1hrro&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PHOG
03-05-2009, 10:58 PM

Pshaw, I had an uncle (RIP) that had a hip replacement at least 15 years ago...he told me that it was 4 weeks and he was up and going....a co-worker had one just two months ago and he was walking within 2-weeks....and said it never felt better...

He's holding out for Mo' money...

Bugeater
03-05-2009, 11:33 PM
This means nothing
Nonsense, it clearly means that Crennel may or may not be our defensive coordinator at some point in the future.

unothadeal
03-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Nonsense, it clearly means that Crennel may or may not be our defensive coordinator at some point in the future.
I prefer the wet ass smelling Bugeater to be honest.

smittysbar
03-06-2009, 12:48 AM

I was smoking a cig when I read your post, how do ya like them apples.

cdcox
03-06-2009, 12:51 AM

I knew a guy who had like 7 hip replacements and still went wind surfing and snow skiing. Tough old German.

smittysbar
03-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Had a friend get a new hip, he was up a going in no time, better than ever.

lazepoo
03-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Does this place become geriatrics planet after 11pm or something? How does everyone seem to have a buddy with a hip replacement around here?

FAX
03-06-2009, 01:53 AM
I knew a guy who had like 7 hip replacements and still went wind surfing and snow skiing. Tough old German.

Why is it that these stories always have a tough old German? A tough old German had quintuple bypass surgery then held off three dozen mad Sherpas on Everest's north slope with a walking cane and a Hershey bar. A tough old German ate his own leg off then rode an elk 90 miles through the Black Forest to get help for his blind uncle. Why is it never a tough old Englishman or a tough old Portuguese?

FAX

FAX
03-06-2009, 01:54 AM
By the way ... anybody seen my hip?

FAX

The Buddha
03-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Does this place become geriatrics planet after 11pm or something? How does everyone seem to have a buddy with a hip replacement around here?

I know a dog with a bad hip... She's about 77...

lazepoo
03-06-2009, 01:58 AM
By the way ... anybody seen my hip?

FAX

No, thank you. The less skin I see, the better, no offense:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2009, 01:59 AM

That would be the Arrowhead Assisted Living Center at One Arrowhead Drive, yes. Word on the street is, they're taking new residents so submit your application today!

Why is it that these stories always have a tough old German? A tough old German had quintuple bypass surgery then held off three dozen mad Sherpas on Everest's north slope with a walking cane and a Hershey bar. A tough old German ate his own leg off then rode an elk 90 miles through the Black Forest to get help for his blind uncle. Why is it never a tough old Englishman or a tough old Portuguese?

FAX

Because Germans and those with German bloodlines are baaaaad mother-SHUT YO' MOUTH!

lazepoo
03-06-2009, 02:02 AM
That would be the Arrowhead Assisted Living Center at One Arrowhead Drive, yes. Word on the street is, they're taking new residents so submit your application today!

Because Germans and those with German bloodlines are baaaaad mother-SHUT YO' MOUTH!

I don't think we've signed quite that many aging FAs yet, have we?
;)

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2009, 02:16 AM
I don't think we've signed quite that many aging FAs yet, have we?
;)

Nah. Just two that I'm aware of, one of which has a question-mark as big as Carl's ego.

The phrase "camp fodder" is being thrown around, but unless these deals are of the one year variety; I don't see much point in them.

It's almost like the "cheap price" we paid for Cassel hasn't exactly been "paid in full" yet, and more NE castoffs are on the way.

Is Matt Cassel really worth this kind of arrangement?

Yeah okay, I know it's only two so far, but I bet we get at least two more of these kind of players from Belichick's "get the fuck out list".

Meh.

crazycoffey
03-06-2009, 04:28 AM
I believe he won't be here. Why? Because on Madden, he wouldn't sign on the chiefs fore 54.something million a year as the head coach or as the Defensive coordinator. so, that settles it

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-06-2009, 06:13 AM
I had a friend that had hip surgery and as soon as he woke up in recovery he jumped up and did a back flip and then went bicycling , then did a bungy jump.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I believe he won't be here. Why? Because on Madden, he wouldn't sign on the chiefs fore 54.something million a year as the head coach or as the Defensive coordinator. so, that settles it

LMAO:doh!: