PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Vrabel's Comments on Joining Chiefs

Amnorix
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
My apologies if this is a repost:

Former Patriots LB Mike Vrabel answered questions from reporters today in Kansas City. The audio is available on the Chiefs' official website (http://www.kcchiefs.com/)and here were a few nuggets of note:

On if he’ll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. “I don’t know how accurate that is. I think I’m going to try to … let’s put it this way, if you take the eight years that I played in New England, this is a production business, bottom line, it’s all about production. If you put those eight years up against a lot of different guys, I’d be real happy with what I did in eight years. That being said, I know I have some more football left. I can still play. I can still help the Chiefs and will help the Chiefs. Now to what extent, I’ve never gone into a season and said ‘I’m going to do this, this and this.’ I promise you that I’ll work, I’ll be consistent, and God willing, I’ll be durable. Those are the things I’d like to think I brought to the table in New England and will bring to the table in Kansas City.”

Vrabel was asked how he views the change. “A change of scenery. A different place to work, a different place to work. To say that I’m anything but excited about the opportunity wouldn’t be the truth. I’m looking forward to it.”

On if he wanted out of New England. “I wouldn’t say that is necessarily true, but the situation is what it is. So to be anything but excited wouldn’t be giving the Chiefs, the players and the fans the respect they deserve. I’m playing for the Chiefs. Whoever I was going to be playing for this year, I would be giving them the same effort.”

Work on the goal-line is noted. When asked how he might be utilized, Vrabel mentioned his work on the goal-line as a tight end. “Certainly, if I had to pick and I was down there, I’d probably cover Tony Gonzalez before me, so maybe that could open some possibilities.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

booger
03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Q&A with LB Mike Vrabel - 3/6
Mar 06, 2009, 3:16:08 PM

INTRODUCTORY CONFERENCE CALL

Q: What is in it for you to come to Kansas City?

MIKE VRABEL: “A change of scenery, a different place to work, a different place to live. I am every bit excited about it and the opportunity. I am looking forward to it and we will see where it goes from here.”

Q: Did you want out of New England?

VRABEL: “I wouldn’t say that is necessarily true, but the situation is what it is. To be anything but excited wouldn’t be giving the Chiefs, players, and the fans the respect that they deserve. I am playing for the Chiefs. Whoever I was going to be playing for this year, I would give them the same effort.”

Q: Is it accurate that you will be playing with a chip on your shoulder?

VRABEL: “I don’t know how accurate that is. This is a production business and the bottom line is, it is all about production. You put those eight years up against a lot of different guys, then I would be really happy with what I did in those eight years. With that being said, I know that I have got some more football left. I can still play and I can still help the Chiefs and I will help the Chiefs. I have never gone into a season and said, ‘I am going to do this, this and this.’ I will promise you that I will work, I’ll be consistent and God willing I will be durable. Those are the things that I like to think that I brought to the table in New England and will bring to the table in Kansas City.”

Q: What position will you play here in Kansas City?

VRABEL: “I would imagine linebacker since that is where I played and hopefully I can help, if there is a need, in a goal line situation on offense. I have done that in the past. Certainly if I had to pick and (TE) Tony Gonzalez was down there and I was down there, I’d probably cover Tony Gonzalez before me so maybe I could open up some possibilities, I don’t know. He draws plenty of attention; he always has when the Patriots played him.”

Q: Are you more comfortable inside or outside?

VRABEL: “When I first moved inside, for whatever reason in New England, there was a certain transition period but after two years of playing in there I was pretty comfortable. I can play either one of the spots depending on what we need. I don’t know what the coaches plans are, what their thoughts are, what they want to do with the personnel that we have from last year and the guys that will be coming in.”

Q: Have they indicated whether it will be a 4-3 or 3-4 defense?

VRABEL: “Everything that I know, I think that there is going to be a lot of flexibility there. If you look at the staff that is coaching the defense, it is a staff that has a lot of history in the 3-4 and also the 4-3. I think what any coach would want to do is try and get the best 11 guys out there whether you are kicking off, playing offense or playing defense. However we can get the best 11 guys out there I imagine that is the type of defense we are going to play.”

Q: How tough is it to take on a leadership role in the locker room? Do you expect earning three Super Bowl rings will help earn the team’s respect?

VRABEL: “I don’t even have my rings out. People ask me why I don’t have jerseys up, why I don’t have my rings out in my house and this is a perfect example why. To think that I am going to come in and say I have three Super Bowl rings and went 18-0 and lost in the Super Bowl will never even cross my mind. It will be about working, it will be about how to make sure everybody finds a role and tries to carry out that role.”

Q: Are you a vocal leader in the locker room?

VRABEL: “I am not going to give a pregame speech or anything like that but I think what guys respect is someone that can go out and be counted on, be accountable and play every week. Bring that same style of football, preparation every week. That is what guys respect. They don’t respect a guy that gets up and screams and yells. Everybody is in this thing together. All the guys want to find a role and go out there and play. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter who is coaching your football team; the coaches find the talent and the players have to go out there and play together and they have to play well.”

Q: What do you know about this Chiefs team and do you have friends on the team?

VRABEL: “I know it is a young team. I know that it is a team that played in a lot of close ball games so I think that is promising to play in that many close games. Hopefully with that type of experience, we will be able to win those close games. The NFL comes down to those tight games. If you look, I think they lost seven games by less than a touchdown and those are close games that can be won.

“I met (TE) Tony Gonzalez at the Pro Bowl and (G) Brian Waters is a player representative that I have known and got to meet at our meetings and obviously (QB) Matt Cassel. I will probably be familiar with some other players. I have a lot of respect for (LB) Derrick Johnson watching him play, he has a lot of talent and ability and I certainly like the way that he plays. I don’t know him but I admire him. We are all football players and I think everybody is going to have a lot of the same qualities and characteristics to make it to this point in their career.”

Q: Will you make it a point to speak with (TE) Tony Gonzalez and (G) Brian Waters to convince them to stay in Kansas City?

VRABEL: “No, I am not familiar with their personal situations. This goes on every year. Guys are happy, guys are unhappy, I don’t know. The thing that we have always done in the past, whether it be with me or (LB) Teddy Bruschi, you get those things handled and when you report to camp and it is time to practice, all the contracts and other situations are kind of put aside and it is time to play. Everybody is on the same field and everybody is in that same locker room so whatever their personal situations are they will have to deal with them.”

Q: Do you think Matt Cassel is a franchise type quarterback for the Chiefs that can lead them to the postseason?

VRABEL: “Just from my observations Matt got better every snap that he took last year. He gained confidence and not only did he play better but he also became a better leader. The guys would gather around him and the guys would trust in him and know that we had a chance with Matt quarterbacking our football team.”

Q: How is your relationship with GM Scott Pioli?

VRABEL: “I am familiar with Scott. We were a part of the same organization for eight years. Scott has a lot of history with Bill (Belichick) and I played under Bill for eight years. I would imagine that the football team you see today will not be the same football team you see at the end of July, that I can assure you. There will be a lot of competition at every spot. There will be a high demand placed on guys who think football is important, to put football and their teammates at the top of their priority list, that I know. As far as a relationship, it is a working relationship. He is the general manager, we have pretty much all dealt with Scott and we will negotiate a contract through my agent. We will continue to do that. Hopefully he will be able to bring some guys in to fix our roster up to where we can go and compete in camp with 80 guys and build a football team.”

Q: What is the definition of “The Patriot Way”?

VRABEL: “I think it is about making football important. Loving to play football is about being prepared, being accountable and consistent. I think to be consistent at least your teammates and your coaches know what to expect out of you every week and it is not something that is great one week and then crappy the next. It is putting effort in and getting consistent production from the players.” Q: Have you met with Head Coach Todd Haley yet? VRABEL: “I did for a few minutes when I came out last Friday. I took the physical when I got there and I had a chance to talk with him and just share some thoughts with him.” Q: What are your memories of playing at Arrowhead Stadium? VRABEL: “That was the first thing I told him, if we can get this thing back to where this is a tough place to play and we win all of our games at home or damn near all of them, we can be successful. I remember every year it seemed like we played on Monday night and it was a tough place to play, it was loud, and you had to play extra-ordinary good to win. Hopefully we can get back to that and give the fans something to cheer about. When the product out there isn’t good, there is nothing really to cheer about.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/03/06/qa_with_lb_mike_vrabel__36/

htismaqe
03-06-2009, 03:43 PM
So to be anything but excited wouldn’t be giving the Chiefs, the players and the fans the respect they deserve.

I love this addition more and more every day.

bdeg
03-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Haha they ask him a 4-3 or 3-4 question and he says he wants to play TE. Great deflection.

The transcript wasn't up when I was writing that, I was going off the OP.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-06-2009, 03:48 PM

I read that as he really doesn't want to be here, but is to professional to come out and say it. Tony G. style more or less.

htismaqe
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
I read that as he really doesn't want to be here, but is to professional to come out and say it. Tony G. style more or less.

Who cares if he wants to be here?

He's basically saying "this is my job, and I'm going to give 100% of my effort 100% of the time."

Mr. Flopnuts
03-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Who cares if he wants to be here?

He's basically saying "this is my job, and I'm going to give 100% of my effort 100% of the time."

I don't know the guy well enough to know if he means it or not. I know Tony does, but whether Mike will or not has yet to be determined.

I'm certainly not upset about the pick up. I think he'll be a great addition just in terms of leadership. If he can rekindle the production from earlier in his career, well that's just a bonus.

I'm glad to have Mike Vrabel. I would prefer him to be excited to be here, but you're right, it really doesn't matter as long as he's ready to go to work.

htismaqe
03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't know the guy well enough to know if he means it or not. I know Tony does, but whether Mike will or not has yet to be determined.

I'm certainly not upset about the pick up. I think he'll be a great addition just in terms of leadership. If he can rekindle the production from earlier in his career, well that's just a bonus.

I'm glad to have Mike Vrabel. I would prefer him to be excited to be here, but you're right, it really doesn't matter as long as he's ready to go to work.

Tony's been here for over a decade and never really WANTED to be here. And he's the best player we have.

raybec 4
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I loved his comments about leadership and the rings, he's going to make the D better, thats good enough for me.

FAX
03-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Awesome. Talkin' bidness.

FAX

Amnorix
03-06-2009, 04:08 PM

You can quote me on this -- you guys will never have reason to regret having Mike Vrabel as part of your team.

He's right up there in the Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi level of beloved Patriots. The guy should never have to buy his own beer anywhere in New England for the rest of his life. We've very sad to see him go.

CaliforniaChief
03-06-2009, 04:15 PM
I like his attitude...but I do have to say that these audio conferences are pretty funny. Especially with Cassel being IN THE SAME BUILDING as the presser.

I can just imagine him sitting in Pioli's office doing the presser and when the question "Are you going to a 3-4 or 4-3 defense?" comes up Haley shoves a gun into his back and Pioli hands him the script and mouths "just read the sheet, Vrabes" to him.

All in all, I like what I heard from him. He'll bring it for us.

FAX
I love these two excerpts - the attitude they reflect ...

“Loving to play football is about being prepared, being accountable and consistent. I think to be consistent at least your teammates and your coaches know what to expect out of you every week and it is not something that is great one week and then crappy the next. It is putting effort in and getting consistent production from the players.”

“That was the first thing I told him (Haley), if we can get this thing back to where this is a tough place to play and we win all of our games at home or damn near all of them, we can be successful. I remember every year it seemed like we played on Monday night and it was a tough place to play, it was loud, and you had to play extra-ordinary good to win. Hopefully we can get back to that and give the fans something to cheer about. When the product out there isn’t good, there is nothing really to cheer about.”

Bring it, Vrabel.

FAX

shirtsleeve
You can quote me on this -- you guys will never have reason to regret having Mike Vrabel as part of your team.

He's right up there in the Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi level of beloved Patriots. The guy should never have to buy his own beer anywhere in New England for the rest of his life. We've very sad to see him go.

I was just going to write this same thing Anmorix. The Chiefs fans are going to be very impressed. To say he will be missed is an understatement.

CaliforniaChief
03-06-2009, 04:18 PM
I love these two excerpts - the attitude they reflect ...

“Loving to play football is about being prepared, being accountable and consistent. I think to be consistent at least your teammates and your coaches know what to expect out of you every week and it is not something that is great one week and then crappy the next. It is putting effort in and getting consistent production from the players.”

“That was the first thing I told him (Haley), if we can get this thing back to where this is a tough place to play and we win all of our games at home or damn near all of them, we can be successful. I remember every year it seemed like we played on Monday night and it was a tough place to play, it was loud, and you had to play extra-ordinary good to win. Hopefully we can get back to that and give the fans something to cheer about. When the product out there isn’t good, there is nothing really to cheer about.”

Bring it, Vrabel.

FAX

I love how the front office has such an open door for the players to share their hopes and dreams. That's gotta be inspiring for all the guys who wonder if they care about their feelings.

sedated
03-06-2009, 04:21 PM
...and God willing...

looks like took a few lessons from Crash Davis while in the Carolina league

Otter
03-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I like the signing. Our defense seems like a bunch of kids that need a leader. I hope he steps into that role because it's sorely needed.

Wilson8
03-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Mike Vrabel – Kansas City Chiefs story from Boston Globe
Perhaps a repost but it had today’s date on it.
//www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/
2009/03/07/chief_objective_for_vrabel_remains_same/

An eight-year affiliation doesn't just fade away in a trade.
Thus, it was natural that when answering questions from the Kansas City media yesterday, former Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel had a momentary lapse. He referred to the Patriots as "we" while discussing how much attention Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez draws from defenses.
There is no "we" in New England for Vrabel anymore. The venerable linebacker and prototypical Patriot was sent to Kansas City, along with quarterback Matt Cassel, for the Chiefs' second-round pick (No. 34 overall) in a deal announced last Saturday. The surprising details of the deal began to leak out the day before, when Vrabel confirmed he had been traded.
Speaking for the first time as a Chief, Vrabel did not take any parting shots at the Patriots or coach Bill Belichick, but he made it clear that leaving the team was neither his choice nor his request. If it had been, you can bet he wouldn't have asked to be traded to a team coming off a 2-14 season.
When asked whether exiting Foxborough was his idea, Vrabel, whose inclusion in the Cassel trade saved the Patriots about $3.3 million of the $4.3 million he was slated to count against their salary cap in 2009, echoed a phrase made popular by his former coach.
"I wouldn't say that is necessarily true, but the situation is what it is," said Vrabel. "So, to be anything but excited wouldn't be giving the Chiefs, [their] players, myself, and the fans the respect that they deserve. I am playing for the Chiefs. So, whoever I was going to be playing for this year, I would give them the same effort."
The 12-year veteran, entering the final season of his contract, bristled at a question about whether he'd be playing his 13th NFL season with the proverbial chip on his shoulder because the Patriots jettisoned him.
However, Vrabel, who will turn 34 in August, made it abundantly clear he still feels that at this stage of his career, he can be productive.
"Let's put it this way: This is a production business and the bottom line is it is all about production," said Vrabel. "You put those eight years up against a lot of different guys, I would be really happy with what I did in those eight years. With that being said, I know that I have got some more football left. I can still play, and I can still help the Chiefs, and I will help the Chiefs.
"I have never gone into a season and said, 'I am going to do this, this, and this.' I will promise you that I will work. I'll be consistent, and, God willing, I will be durable. Those are the things that I like to think that I brought to the table in New England and will bring to the table in Kansas City."
Indeed, Vrabel missed just three of 125 regular-season games with the Patriots, and those were because of a broken right arm in 2003. That toughness, dedication, and preparation are part of the reason Kansas City general manager and former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli wanted Vrabel in on the ground floor of the Chiefs' rebuilding project.
Vrabel is not just an upgrade talent-wise. He can instill the culture of success that Pioli wants to cultivate in KC. He won't do it by flashing his three Super Bowl rings from the Patriots, but with the same lunchpail persona he had in New England.
"I don't even have my rings out," said Vrabel. "People ask me why I don't have jerseys up, why I don't have my rings out in my house, and this is a perfect example why, because one day you could go from being a three-time Super Bowl champ to being a member of the Chiefs.
"My stance is going to be to contribute to that team however I can. To think that I am going to come in and say, 'I have three Super Bowl rings and went 18-0 and lost in the Super Bowl,' will never even cross my mind. It will be about working, it will be about how to make sure everybody finds a role and tries to carry out that role."
While Vrabel's production may have dipped last season - he finished fifth on the Patriots in tackles with 67, according to coaches' calculations, but his sack number dropped from a career-high 12 1/2 in 2007 to four - his loss is still significant.
"Yeah, he's been a staple of the team for a while," said running back Sammy Morris, who was participating in a Patriots Charitable Foundation event in East Boston. "It's definitely going to be difficult. Change is pretty much the constant in football. It is what it is. I hate to see him go, but . . . "
The quote was unfinished, but the thought was not: Football is a business without sentimentality.
The last time Vrabel changed teams, back in 2001 when he left the Pittsburgh Steelers for the Patriots, it was his choice. This time he has no choice but to start over, at the bottom, with the Chiefs.
"To say that I'm anything but excited about it and about the opportunity wouldn't be the truth," said Vrabel. "I am looking forward to it, and we will see where it goes from here."
Christopher L. Gasper can be reached at cgasper@globe.com.

kcxiv
03-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Tony's been here for over a decade and never really WANTED to be here. And he's the best player we have.

I love posts like this where the guy that is quoted absolutely has 0 comeback for it. lol

sparkky
03-07-2009, 01:11 PM
he seems like a blue collar guy and I have no problem with that. I rarely bash a person for lack of ability but don't hesitate for lack of effort.
he gets a thumbs up from me so far.

ChiefRon
03-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Well, the "work hard, know your role, do your job, give max effort on every play, be accountable" attitude has to come from someone.

wild1
03-07-2009, 01:14 PM
i agree with what some others are saying. more than anything last year this team could have used the right attitude. with the front office changes, and some leadership coming from guys like Vrabel, you can see the right attitude returning

aturnis
03-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Comes of as a huge asshole to me.

I read that as he really doesn't want to be here, but is to professional to come out and say it.

Where did you read this?

Thig Lyfe
03-07-2009, 01:25 PM

:spock:

Brock
03-07-2009, 01:25 PM
He's a grade A prick that doesn't respect anything but winning. He's exactly the kind of player this team needs.

Balto
03-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Sounded pissed he was traded form the Pats to the Chiefs honestly hehe

the Talking Can
03-07-2009, 01:43 PM
let me translate Vrabel's comments:

"What the fuck just happened?"

Balto
03-07-2009, 01:51 PM

Where did you read this?

You really do not have to read it anywhere!!! just LISTEN to his interview hehe... MAN he seems to really be upset about this trade

Chief Pote
03-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Vrabel is a class act and will contribute positively on this team. He's a local guy around here since he's a former Buckeye. You all will see, he's no pussy.

Brock
03-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Why wouldn't he be upset? He just got traded to a shit team.

KCrockaholic
03-07-2009, 01:55 PM

how can you say that? If Tony never really wanted to be here over the last 10 years he would have been traded when he was 27 and we would have gotten the most out of him. Tony says nearly every interview that he wants to be a Chief forever. But he also wants to be on a superbowl team, or atleast playoff team. Hes one of the best guys this organization has ever had, and you discount his passion for being a KC Chief? I dont get it.

bostonian
03-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey all, as you can tell I'm a NE fan but figured I'd supply some information on the guy's a jerk, sounds pissed off comment on Vrabel's interview. I listened to it and to me sounds like every interview he has always done in New England.

He is loved by fans, and his teammates, but there are always guys in the media who don't like him because he could care less about talking. He rarely does post game press conferences (when he does he tells them "you got 2 minutes .. go"), and only talked to the media once a week because he had to (supposedly captains need to be available once a week for comment). He believes in that "shut up and play" style and doesn't go out and pump up his own stats/name. (Which in many people's opinions has cost him at least 1 other probowl)

He is sarcastic in his interviews, sounds like he doens't want to give them, and really could care less what the media thinks. That doesn't translate into how he feels about where he is at.

aturnis
03-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Not so much his talk about the trade, or playing for the team or anything. Just...

Q: "Someone told me, "Mike's the type of guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder, is this true"?
A: "Tell me who said it and I'll tell you if he was lying!"

Q: "Can you explain, what exactly is the "Patriot Way"?
A: "I don't know, you'd have to ask a Patriot".

bostonian
03-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Not so much his talk about the trade, or playing for the team or anything. Just...

Q: "Someone told me, "Mike's the type of guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder, is this true"?
A: "Tell me who said it and I'll tell you if he was lying!"

Q: "Can you explain, what exactly is the "Patriot Way"?
A: "I don't know, you'd have to ask a Patriot".

He does play with a chip on his shoulder, some of his strongest games came against the Steelers after they told him he could stay and play special teams and 1 or 2 series' a game.

And right now, I'm guessing he thinks the Patriot Way is a bunch of crap, since he did pretty much everything he could (played injured, switched positions was a leader) and then got traded

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
"Vrabel like job and money; job and money GOOOOOOOOOOOD"!

End Interview.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I heard the separation between Vrabel and the Patriots wasn't exactly rosy.

aturnis
03-07-2009, 04:26 PM
He does play with a chip on his shoulder, some of his strongest games came against the Steelers after they told him he could stay and play special teams and 1 or 2 series' a game.

That has nothing to do with my comment. It's not that he plays with a chip on his shoulder. If anything...that should be a compliment, but he got all defensive. "Who said that? Huh? Who? Tell me who said that and I'll tell you if he's a liar".

Did anyone LISTEN to the interview, or did they just read it? Guy was a straight up dickhead. After multiple questions he just flew off the hook. What a douche bag.

unothadeal
03-07-2009, 04:39 PM
"You could be a 3 time Superbowl winner then all of a sudden....on the Chiefs"

LMAO

bostonian
03-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Yea I listened to the interview, and heard many interviews here in NE. Sounds like the same Mike Vrabel to me when he is talking to the media.

bostonian
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I heard the separation between Vrabel and the Patriots wasn't exactly rosy.

Some ppl are starting to speculate about that now in NE.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2009, 07:29 PM
He's a grade A prick that doesn't respect anything but winning. He's exactly the kind of player this team needs.

Maybe he's just a Haley kind of guy; me no like speak, me like play.

Which is good.

let me translate Vrabel's comments:

"What the fuck just happened?"

ROFL

Hey all, as you can tell I'm a NE fan but figured I'd supply some information on the guy's a jerk, sounds pissed off comment on Vrabel's interview. I listened to it and to me sounds like every interview he has always done in New England.

He is loved by fans, and his teammates, but there are always guys in the media who don't like him because he could care less about talking. He rarely does post game press conferences (when he does he tells them "you got 2 minutes .. go"), and only talked to the media once a week because he had to (supposedly captains need to be available once a week for comment). He believes in that "shut up and play" style and doesn't go out and pump up his own stats/name. (Which in many people's opinions has cost him at least 1 other probowl)

He is sarcastic in his interviews, sounds like he doens't want to give them, and really could care less what the media thinks. That doesn't translate into how he feels about where he is at.

I hope he works out.

"You could be a 3 time Superbowl winner then all of a sudden....on the Chiefs"

LMAO

ROFL

StcChief
03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Let's hope he can be a difference maker and get this D going.

htismaqe
03-07-2009, 10:35 PM
how can you say that? If Tony never really wanted to be here over the last 10 years he would have been traded when he was 27 and we would have gotten the most out of him. Tony says nearly every interview that he wants to be a Chief forever. But he also wants to be on a superbowl team, or atleast playoff team. Hes one of the best guys this organization has ever had, and you discount his passion for being a KC Chief? I dont get it.

How can I say that?

Because Tony's spent EVERY WAKING SECOND that he's not playing football in California, AWAY from KC.

For the most part, he doesn't care for the city itself, but he cares enough about the fans and being a professional that he's never let his personal life get in the way of his job or vice versa.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2009, 10:40 PM
How can I say that?

Because Tony's spent EVERY WAKING SECOND that he's not playing football in California, AWAY from KC.

For the most part, he doesn't care for the city itself, but he cares enough about the fans and being a professional that he's never let his personal life get in the way of his job or vice versa.

Aren't his family and friends there? With the exception of spring and fall, the Midwest isn't exactly the most fun place to be. Cold as hell, hot as hell; I don't blame him one bit.

88TG88
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
broke dick