PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Crennel not coming to KC for now

Mr. Krab
03-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Agent: Crennel not going to KC at this time

March 5, 2009 8:21 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The agent for former Cleveland head coach Romeo Crennel said there are no plans for him to become the defensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.

There had been reports that said Crennel was mulling an offer from Kansas City. However, Crennel's agent, Joe Linta, said Crennel is fully focusing on recovering from a hip replacement surgery he had last month.

"That is not going to happen at this time," said Linta of Crennel joining the Chiefs. "Coach is focusing on his rehabilitation and then he will entertain opportunities in both football and in the media. He is looking forward to what lies ahead."

Linta didn't rule out the possibility of Crennel speaking to the Chiefs about a consulting role or coaching position down the road. Crennel was the defensive coordinator in New England when new Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli was there.

"Coach and Scott have always had a good relationship and I'm sure the line of communication between them will continue in the future," Linta said.

Kansas City has yet to designate a defensive coordinator. At the NFL combine last month, new Chiefs coach Todd Haley wouldn't discuss Crennel and said he was still working on his staff.

Kyle DeLexus
03-06-2009, 05:38 PM
deja vu

BigMeatballDave
03-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Deja Vu

BigMeatballDave
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
deja vu:eek: LMAO At the same damn time, too.

ModSocks
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Pioli is a mastermind

Kyle DeLexus
03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Deja Vu

deja vu :D that is just simply amazing though

DaneMcCloud
03-06-2009, 05:51 PM
deja vu

All over again

The Bad Guy
03-06-2009, 06:07 PM
You always post shit one day too late.

Red Beans
03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Well, I for one think something is going to happen. If not with Crennel then with another big name. Why else would we be waiting this long to announce who our DC was. I'm going out on a limb and say that we do not currently have our DC under contract.

Micjones
03-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Is Jim Haslett still unemployed?
I'd prefer him to either Pendergast or Gibbs.