PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Still not signed..Is Khalif Barnes worth a look?

T-post Tom
03-07-2009, 11:00 PM
I've read that he's a legit starter at left or right tackle. Any idea why the Chiefs haven't shown any interest? (At least it appears they haven't.)

The Bad Guy
03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't want him.

It's pretty clear that the Chiefs are going to rely on Peaches n' Herb to play a major role at either RG or RT.

T-post Tom
03-07-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't want him.

It's pretty clear that the Chiefs are going to rely on Peaches n' Herb to play a major role at either RG or RT.

Why don't you want him? I haven't seen enough of him to make a fair judgement of his play on the field.

Mecca
03-07-2009, 11:09 PM
He was good 2 years ago, last year he was shitty, of course he'd get a boost just not being asked to play LT anymore.

milkman
03-07-2009, 11:11 PM
It's a moot issue.

Barnes wants LT money, and we'd be signing him to play RT.

T-post Tom
03-07-2009, 11:12 PM
He was good 2 years ago, last year he was shitty, of course he'd get a boost just not being asked to play LT anymore.

I could be wrong but Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan appear to be the only other decent tackles left. And they're considerably older. Wouldn't any of these three be an upgrade over McIntosh?

T-post Tom
03-07-2009, 11:13 PM
It's a moot issue.

Barnes wants LT money, and we'd be signing him to play RT.

Yah, that would be a good reason.

T-post Tom
03-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Hmmm..............

"Now, all talks with the Raiders are off, his agent just told me, and Barnes is close to finalizing a deal with an undisclosed team."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=36690

DaneMcCloud
03-07-2009, 11:25 PM
NO

Hammock Parties
03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
YES

T-post Tom
03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
NO

why?

DaKCMan AP
03-07-2009, 11:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8m3TuIZ38U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8m3TuIZ38U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T-post Tom
03-08-2009, 12:16 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8m3TuIZ38U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A8m3TuIZ38U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4 minutes and 3 seconds can be a lifetime...

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Khalif Barnes is a goddamned degenerate fucking CUNT!!

BryanBusby
03-08-2009, 02:21 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't the Jags lose both their starting guards early in the year? If so, I think that'd have some to do with Barnes performance in 2008.

EyePod
03-08-2009, 07:32 AM
I'm guessing his deal with the Faiders fell through?

tmax63
03-08-2009, 07:49 AM
You know he wants too dam much money if the Raiders didn't sign him.....

Manila-Chief
03-08-2009, 08:50 AM
I've read that he's a legit starter at left or right tackle. Any idea why the Chiefs haven't shown any interest? (At least it appears they haven't.)

Could it be that Pioli/Haley knows more about the talent on our OL, than most of us on here? Yep, kinda strange they haven't made any moves, but we don't know their accessment of our talent. They did resign a S that many on here totally hate.

Is Barnes really better than McIntosh? Or, is this a case of "the bird in the bush looks better than the bird in our cage?" Before the 07 season many thought McIntosh was "the" answer. Now they have turned on him. As Pioli said, you have to know what a players responsibility were before you can properly evaluate him.

Plus, Pioli has a little of Carl in him in that he doesn't like over paying for players ... he thinks he can build a winning team with players that do not have top billing. In the long run that is very cap wise. Trying to rebuild a team that has lots of cap space ... I'm not so sure???

And, we don't know what they plan to do in the draft. Pick #3 demands lots of $$$ ... now that we have our QB, they may know that the best value there is a LT ... which will shake up the whole line.

Point ... since I believe Pioli is excellent at evaluating talent, I'll wait awhile before I get my nose out of joint because they are not making any moves on these high priced guys.

Also, could it be that our present coaching staff is a tiny bit better than last year's crew ... not to mention philosophy, schemes, etc. I'm so glad "don't score to fast" Herm is gone. It affected everything the team did.

milkman
03-08-2009, 09:15 AM
And, we don't know what they plan to do in the draft. Pick #3 demands lots of $$$ ... now that we have our QB, they may know that the best value there is a LT ... which will shake up the whole line.

I don't fucking care who the fuck they take at LT with the #3 overall pick, because taking a LT there is piss poor fucking value regardless of how you fucking spin it.

Taking a LT is effectively using that pick to fill a hole at RT, and that, as I said is piss poor fucking value.

JFC.

MahiMike
03-08-2009, 09:29 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefaholic
03-08-2009, 09:45 AM
If possible, trade down and use the extra pick/picks to resolve the problem. The first round needs to fill a position thats a higher priority than RT though. There'll be multiple people to choose from in the 2nd* or 3rd if we happen to find a team to trade down in the 1st with.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2009, 10:15 AM
why?

Because he fucking SUCKS.

Haven't you been keeping up with all of the other free-agency threads or do you just read the ones you start?

I'm with Milk: JFC.

T-post Tom
03-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Because he ****ing SUCKS.

Haven't you been keeping up with all of the other free-agency threads or do you just read the ones you start?

I'm with Milk: JFC.

I only read the ones either you or I start, Mr. McDouche. You may now go back to drinking your milk. NTTAWWT