PDA

View Full Version : Misc Do you Google your Bank?

Mr. Krab
03-08-2009, 11:18 AM
It seems banks and credit card companies are folding and being sold every week. Do you Google your financial companies to see if any impending doom is heading your way?

Mr. Krab
03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm really surprised so many people aren't more concerned about whether their bank is going to go belly up.

Stewie
03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I belong to a Credit Union who's finances are completely transparent and very solid. They would never consider buying the junk the banks did.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Credit Union ftw

DaFace
03-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm really surprised so many people aren't more concerned about whether their bank is going to go belly up.

Isn't that what the FDIC is for? As for credit cards, we owe THEM money rather than the other way around, so I couldn't care less if they go under.

StcChief
03-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Isn't that what the FDIC is for? As for credit cards, we owe THEM money rather than the other way around, so I couldn't care less if they go under.this.

damaticous
03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I work for a bank that is, believe it or not, doing pretty well. I still have a job at least.

Believe it or not, most community banks are doing ok.

Ok, yeah, we requisitioned a bank from Topeka, but you'll find that a lot lately.

Your money is safe in a bank....period. regardless of the economy....it'd have to get a lot worse than it is now to start taking your money out of the bank.

RINGLEADER
03-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I work for a bank that is, believe it or not, doing pretty well. I still have a job at least.

Believe it or not, most community banks are doing ok.

Ok, yeah, we requisitioned a bank from Topeka, but you'll find that a lot lately.

Your money is safe in a bank....period. regardless of the economy....it'd have to get a lot worse than it is now to start taking your money out of the bank.

I can second this. I have a friend who owns a piece of a bank (not a huge piece or anything but he does get to see their statements) and sales grew by 17% last year. It's a community bank without a lot of exposure in mortgages (and the exposure that it does have was loaned properly to, you know, people who could afford the kind of house they were buying).

MTG#10
03-08-2009, 03:11 PM
The bank that owns the loan to my house has already gone under and now I have to make my mortgage payments out to "FDIC As Receiver For ***** Bank". Doesnt effect me at all.