PDA

View Full Version : Life The old man's coming to town

osumatt
03-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Well...my dad who is hugging 80 could be coming to visit me for a few days. I live in Tulsa and he and his wife live in OKC. They take my daughters about once a month for a weekend to give their newly-single-son a bit of a break. Anyway, I get a call from my dad's wife to see if I'd like to kind of "switch" it up and take my dad for a few days while she is out of town with some girlfriends. "No problem," I say. I love my dad, get along with him very well. I'm just worrying about keeping busy with him and finding stuff for us to do...I don't think he'd be into Guitar Hero as much as I currently am.

Like I said, he's hugging 80 and not getting around too well anymore. He walks with a cane so nothing to "busy" I guess.

Anyone have any constructive suggestions? Would appreciate any and all ideas. By the way, it'll probably be during the week so I'll take off work and my kiddos will probably be over at their mom's but I'm sure they'll want to see their papa.

Thanks agimos,
Matt

WilliamTheIrish
03-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Tell Skip to stay home. It's championship week.

Skip Towne
03-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Tell Skip to stay home. It's championship week.

I was going to stay home but now I'm going down to help Matt. I think I can connect with his dad.

osumatt
03-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Note the word "constructive" in the original post please. o:-)

RustShack
03-09-2009, 10:22 AM
You could build a tree house.

Skip Towne
03-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Note the word "constructive" in the original post please. o:-)

Oh, sorry, I'm mostly destructive.

osumatt
03-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Treehouse LMAO

When I was a kid he promised to build me one, but never did...maybe I should take his ass out in the backyard with some lumber and a hammer and tell him to get to f****n' work or I'll hide his cane.

Maybe we could make a pinewood derby car out of the scraps? :shrug:

WilliamTheIrish
03-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I was going to stay home but now I'm going down to help Matt. I think I can connect with his dad.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by connect. But it's certainly your life and I hope you and Matt's dad connect.

WilliamTheIrish
03-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh, sorry, I'm mostly destructive.

Me too.

Quit trying to connect with me, ya perv.

Dave Lane
03-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Guitar Hero on easy mode no fail might be fun for him

StcChief
03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
strip clubs in Tulsa... :)

Fat Elvis
03-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Take him fishing. Old guys always like fishing.

Skip Towne
03-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Take him fishing. Old guys always like fishing.

I like the strip club idea better.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Well...my dad who is hugging 80 could be coming to visit me for a few days. I live in Tulsa and he and his wife live in OKC. They take my daughters about once a month for a weekend to give their newly-single-son a bit of a break. Anyway, I get a call from my dad's wife to see if I'd like to kind of "switch" it up and take my dad for a few days while she is out of town with some girlfriends. "No problem," I say. I love my dad, get along with him very well. I'm just worrying about keeping busy with him and finding stuff for us to do...I don't think he'd be into Guitar Hero as much as I currently am.

Like I said, he's hugging 80 and not getting around too well anymore. He walks with a cane so nothing to "busy" I guess.

Anyone have any constructive suggestions? Would appreciate any and all ideas. By the way, it'll probably be during the week so I'll take off work and my kiddos will probably be over at their mom's but I'm sure they'll want to see their papa.

Thanks agimos,
Matt

Sorry, thought this was a thread about Bobby Engram again.

Fat Elvis
03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I like the strip club idea better.

I didn't know guys your age could tell the difference.

speak24
03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Adult daycare...

Phobia
03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
He's 80? He'll want to talk a lot. Buy earplugs.

Skip Towne
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I didn't know guys your age could tell the difference.

Heh, I've been on he Planet 11 days longer than you. N00b!!

osumatt
03-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I was thinking about taking him to Night Trips for lunch one day...they have a wicked club sammich. Just need to be sure he brings his nitro pills.

StcChief
03-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I was thinking about taking him to Night Trips for lunch one day...they have a wicked club sammich. Just need to be sure he brings his nitro pills.he'll need those at the strip club after lunch.

That should be an eye opener LMAO

Chief Chief
03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
he'll need those at the strip club after lunch.

That should be an eye opener LMAO

Old Man: "What are we having for dessert?"

You: "I was thinking we'd go over to 'Temptations' and choose from an assortment of sinny buns and creamy pies."

Inspector
03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Do NOT go casket shopping.

Just a suggestion.

patteeu
03-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Is there an old TV show that you two used to watch together? If so, rent a few episodes from Netflix to watch it together. Alternatively, try to find a good father/son movie to rent (e.g. Field of Dreams).