PDA

View Full Version : Misc Kim Jong Il Re-Elected!

Rain Man
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
In other news, 0.02 percent of North Koreans were sentenced to hard labor in prison camps today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/09/kim-jong-il-unanimously-r_n_172975.html

Kim Jong Il Unanimously Re-elected To Parliament With 99.98 Percent Turnout: State Media

SEOUL, South Korea — Kim Jong Il was unanimously re-elected to North Korea's rubber-stamp parliament, state media said Monday, in elections closely watched for signs of a political shift or hints the autocratic leader was grooming a successor.

But none of Kim's three sons was among the 686 other legislators announced by state media late Monday. There had been reports his youngest son, Kim Jong Un, was running for a seat in Sunday's uncontested election, which analysts said would have been a strong sign he was being prepped to inherit power.

Turnout Sunday was 99.98 percent, with all voters backing the sole candidate running in their constituency, the official Korean Central News Agency said.

The poll had been scheduled for last year around the time Kim, 67, reportedly suffered a stroke and underwent brain surgery, sparking fears that his sudden death without publicly naming a successor could trigger instability in the nuclear-armed country.

North Korea denies he was ill and did not provide a reason for delaying the poll by more than six months.

The new assembly is expected to convene in early April to reconfirm Kim as leader in his capacity as chairman of the all-powerful National Defense Commission. Experts say the North may then push ahead with a long-range missile test to celebrate.

North Korea has said in recent weeks that it plans to send a communications satellite into orbit _ a launch regional powers fear is a cover for a long-range Taepodong-2 missile capable of striking Alaska.

On Monday, the country ordered its troops on standby and warned it will retaliate against anyone seeking to block its launch plan. The threat came hours after South Korea and the U.S. kicked off their annual military drills, which the North has condemned as a rehearsal for an invasion.

Elections in North Korea are largely a formality since candidates are widely believed to be hand-picked by Kim and the ruling Workers' Party, and only one candidate runs in each constituency.

North Korea's parliament meets only a few times a year to rubber-stamp bills vetted by the ruling party. But lawmakers also fill key party, government and military posts, making the list of legislators a telling indicator of how Kim's third term will take shape, analysts say.

Experts predicted Kim would fill the incoming assembly with technocrats and finance-savvy figures capable of reviving the country's shattered economy as the nation faces international pressure to abandon its nuclear and missile programs.

The past two elections have resulted in significant turnover. The 1998 balloting was Kim's formal ascension to power; he had inherited the country's leadership upon his father's death four years earlier but waited for the poll to clear out nearly two-thirds of the assembly's lawmakers.

Analyst Koh Yu-hwan of Seoul's Dongguk University said Kim may have been reluctant to openly favor his 26-year-old son Jong Un for fear of triggering an "internal power struggle" among those vying to succeed him as leader.

But Paik Hak-soon of the private Sejong Institute think tank said it was too early to rule the youngest son out as a successor.

"Even though Kim Jong Un wasn't in the list, we cannot say he has dropped out of the successor candidate list," he said.

Among the names announced Monday were Kim Yong Nam, the North's No. 2 official and the ceremonial head of state; Jang Song Taek, head of the Workers' Party's administrative department and Kim Jong Il's brother-in-law; and Kang Sok Ju, the first vice foreign minister.

MIAdragon
03-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Shocking.

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I bet Nate Silver didn't see that one coming.

Simply Red
03-09-2009, 05:50 PM
print 'em.

Ultra Peanut
03-09-2009, 05:51 PM
A TRIBUTE TO DEAR LEADERS (http://superpsi.googlepages.com/leaders)

Simply Red
03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
how ironic, I remember seeing that as some cool breezer's home page.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Freedom isnt free........it costs a buck 'o five

Rain Man
03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
He kept his message on point, he had a clearly defined platform on key issues, he had strong name recognition, he killed everyone who might vote against him, and he adopted a strong inspirational message tone. That, my friends, is a textbook winning campaign.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2009, 05:59 PM
You should start a poll with him and all of his opponents and see who'd win.

Skip Towne
03-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Then he went out and played golf and got 16 holes-in-one.

Simply Red
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
He kept his message on point, he had a clearly defined platform on key issues, he had strong name recognition, he killed everyone who might vote against him, and he adopted a strong inspirational message tone. That, my friends, is a textbook winning campaign.

Plus, he's got the 'looks.'

unothadeal
03-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Better him than his brother, Ment Ali Il

Miles
03-09-2009, 06:02 PM

Don't underestimate his taste in eyewear.

Rain Man
03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Plus, he's got the 'looks.'

It's hard to argue against charisma like that, I agree.

Stanley Nickels
03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

cdcox
03-09-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL at the ad at the bottom of the page.

StcChief
03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Airfare ads from STL? Kayaks.?

mikey23545
03-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Looks like KC native's man has carried the day!

StcChief
03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Looks like KC native's man has carried the day!where are the flights to N.Korea?

kstater
03-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Learn a new cuss word in Middle School today?

Bwana
03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
BOOM!

Stanley Nickels
03-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Learn a new cuss word in Middle School today?

Sure, will you learn to use Google tomorrow maybe?

kstater
03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Sure, will you learn to use Google tomorrow maybe?

I googled dicks and pussies, nothing about Kim Jong Il came up.

Stanley Nickels
03-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I googled dicks and pussies, nothing about Kim Jong Il came up.

That's because he's an asshole.

However, had you googled "dicks assholes pussies", you'd find my reference. AND, your family would have some questions for you.

Stanley Nickels
03-09-2009, 07:13 PM
To help.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6rDeOojFXk&feature=related

Rain Man
03-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't want to brag, but my company nailed this election prediction on the nose.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Somewhere Carl is smiling.

StcChief
03-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't want to brag, but my company nailed this election prediction on the nose.LMAO

Iowanian
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
To Cerebrate, Dear Weader play golf today, shoot howe in wahn 18 time.

RINGLEADER
03-09-2009, 08:37 PM
That's a surprise.

MadMax
03-10-2009, 12:46 AM
That's a surprise.

I voted for him, reminds me of the Obama regime :)

Ultra Peanut
03-10-2009, 01:09 AM
To Cerebrate, Dear Weader play golf today, shoot howe in wahn 18 time."Lehab on knee go okay but is so difficurt. I tly lickshawlickshawlickshawlickshawlickshawlickshaw but it onree go so fal. Supprement with baby mouse wine lemedy foll make celtain knee is good. The taste, it is bad, but effect is supelfantastic potent." - Hines Wald, 1999

PhillyChiefFan
03-10-2009, 05:29 AM
gee...I wonder if there was something shady going on?

EyePod
03-10-2009, 07:03 AM
How can you be unanimously re-elected if you didn't get all of the vote?

PhillyChiefFan
03-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Do not ask questions. They will find you.

:D

Thig Lyfe
03-10-2009, 01:48 PM

He did get all of the vote. That .02% is the people who didn't vote.