PDA

View Full Version : Football Mayock says Lions should not draft Stafford

chop
03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Mayock: Lions should avoid drafting Matt Stafford

by Tom Kowalski Monday March 09, 2009, 7:54 PM

Mike Mayock, the draft analyst for NFL Network, was a guest on WJR tonight, joining hosts Ken Brown and Mike O'Hara. Here are some highlights from that interview (and the Detroit Lions fans who are hoping the team drafts Georgia quarterback Matt Stafford might be a little disappointed with Mayock's opinions):

--- Mayock said he believes that 2009 will be an average draft class without much star power in the top 10. He believes the draft is deep at outside linebacker and tight end but weak at guard and inside linebacker.
--- Mayock pointed out that of the last 11 underclassmen quarterbacks to be drafted in the first round, only two have been successful - Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rogers. Mayock pointed out a laundry list of failures - Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, Alex Smith and, so far, JaMarcus Russell.
Mayock said that if the Lions make a mistake at quarterback with that pick, "they won't recover for five years.''
Mayock spoke very highly of Stafford, saying he has great arm strength and is a good athlete, but also said "There are some things about him that bother me. If I was the Lions, I'd take (Aaron) Curry or one of those left tackles (Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe).
"If you have any doubts about the kid, in my opinion, you have to pass. I told everybody last year that Matt Ryan was the guy. I have questions about the guy this year.''
--- Mayock said he sees some similarities between Stafford and Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, especially arm strength, but he sees one big difference. Mayock said Cutler played for a "horrible'' Vanderbilt team but always had his team in a position to win. Stafford, meanwhile, played with two elite receivers and an NFL-caliber running back and "sometimes he looked like Superman and sometimes he looked average ... I say 'Why?'''
--- Brown and O'Hara brought up the possibility that if the Lions drafted Curry, they might move him to middle linebacker but Mayock immediately shot that down. Mayock said Curry is the prototype SAM linebacker and shouldn't be moved.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/03/mayock_lions_should_avoid_draf.html

skky man
03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I read an article several weeks ago that said some of the georgia coaches were frustrated that Stafford athleticism didn't carry over to the field! Not that he is good but after three years they had hoped for more! I don't see a clear cut top QB in the draft. Sanchez is good or he wouldn't have been a USC, but he never beat out John David Booty either.

KCUnited
03-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Detroit would be better off taking Curry, in this week QB class, they should go the safe route and take a cannot miss player like Curry. But that would royally fuck us. /Guy in KC sitting on hold waiting for 610 to come back from break.

Ebolapox
03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Le Sigh. the true fan fear runs stong in this crowd.

Mecca
03-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Fear, recover for 5 years, you mean opposed to the 40+ year drought they are in now?

Building into an 8-8 team being anyones desire is pretty sad.

StcChief
03-09-2009, 07:35 PM
It's Detriot.... who's to say Rams are completely content with Bugler, though they likely take a LT to replace Pace.

Mecca
03-09-2009, 07:35 PM
When a team hasn't won in years and isn't close isn't that when you should be willing to take a risk?

Chiefnj2
03-09-2009, 07:37 PM
The Jaguars beat writer, Vic, wrote about how impressed teams were with Stafford's "blackboard interview" where players are asked to diagram plays and then read formations. He said he was really quick in identifying defenses and calling plays.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Detroit would be better off taking Curry, in this week QB class, they should go the safe route and take a cannot miss player like Curry. But that would royally **** us. /Guy in KC sitting on hold waiting for 610 to come back from break.

ROFL

CrazyHorse
03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
When a team hasn't won in years and isn't close isn't that when you should be willing to take a risk?

Sounds like a team that's taken too many risks.

jspchief
03-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Mike Mayock is no Mecca, that's for certain.

StcChief
03-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a team that's taken too many risks.or not enough. Like the fine line between 1 too many/1 too few.

Brock
03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Detroit would take 5 years to recover? They're still trying to recover from Barry Sanders retiring.

duncan_idaho
03-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only person who questions why Stafford didn't consistently play like a superstar with that kind of talent around him.

I actually hope Stafford falls to the Chiefs' spot, though. Then the trade-down options are pretty fantastic.

Nothing would make me happier than watching Stafford go bust in San Francisco, either.

Blick
03-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm with Mayock on his assessment of Stafford.

However, I don't know if the Lions can afford NOT to take a QB.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Mike "sucking" MyCock cracks me up....

Reerun_KC
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Sounds like a team that's taken too many risks.

True Detriot has taken chances....

DaFace
03-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Heh. :)

Brock
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Sounds like a team that's taken too many first round wide receivers.

I agree.

MahiMike
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Trade down at #3 is looking better.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM

True, Mecca says something about a player, everyone starts bashing USC...

MyCock says something and people line up to get facials from him...

It is strange to say the least....

milkman
03-09-2009, 08:48 PM

As far as the media draft experts go, Mayock is one of the best.

He isn't always right, but he provides a lot of good info, insight, and great film breakdown.

CrazyHorse
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I agree.

How many have we taken? Or are you talking about Detroit?

Mecca
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM
The only thing that I've said that bugs me about him is his preference on certain positions. He thinks a blocking TE that can't receive very well is more valuable than a top flight receiving TE that is an average blocker.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
As far as the media draft experts go, Mayock is one of the best.

He isn't always right, but he provides a lot of good info, insight, and great film breakdown.

Just perception.... Mecca gives alot of the same, knows the positions etc... I am not blowing off Mecca here, but if some talking head says something about someone it is gospel... If Mecca said the same thing 3 weeks before, then he is USC homer blowhard...

I cant wait til the draft is over.... This is the worst part about the season... 999,000 draft experts all over the message boards and TV and very few have any info....

bdeg
03-09-2009, 09:37 PM
The only thing that I've said that bugs me about him is his preference on certain positions. He thinks a blocking TE that can't receive very well is more valuable than a top flight receiving TE that is an average blocker.

Maybe your disagreement is actually about Pettigrew's pass-catching ability. I know he's not the fastest guy ever but he plays faster than he times.

RustShack
03-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree, I think the Lions take either a LT or Curry.

RustShack
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Mayock said he believes that 2009 will be an average draft class without much star power in the top 10.

Man where is Billgay to bash Mayock? He thinks this class is loaded with elite talent.

Mr. Krab
03-09-2009, 09:48 PM

I think Reerun likes to lick mecca's man sack.

doomy3
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM

It all works out in the end though because you can get your facials from Mecca without even having to wait in line!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I read an article several weeks ago that said some of the georgia coaches were frustrated that Stafford athleticism didn't carry over to the field! Not that he is good but after three years they had hoped for more! I don't see a clear cut top QB in the draft. Sanchez is good or he wouldn't have been a USC, but he never beat out John David Booty either.

Fear, recover for 5 years, you mean opposed to the 40+ year drought they are in now?

I just can't fucking take it anymore; this draft needs to be done, dead, and gone. I see statements like the one above and it just......fuck me; enough!

Enough.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
It all works out in the end though because you can get your facials from Reerun_KC without even having to wait in line!

:D

How does my ass taste?

Coogs
03-10-2009, 08:41 AM
If the Lions do pass on Stafford and Sanchez, I would not be totally opposed to drafting one of those two at #3 even though we spent our 2nd rounder on a QB. Especially if we are not able to trade down. I would much rather hedge our bet on the QB spot, and make sure we have the right guy for the job for the next decade or so, than to have the opportunity to do so and wind up finding out we missed out be picking the wrong guy (Cassel).

DaWolf
03-10-2009, 08:58 AM
If the Lions do pass on Stafford and Sanchez, I would not be totally opposed to drafting one of those two at #3 even though we spent our 2nd rounder on a QB. Especially if we are not able to trade down. I would much rather hedge our bet on the QB spot, and make sure we have the right guy for the job for the next decade or so, than to have the opportunity to do so and wind up finding out we missed out be picking the wrong guy (Cassel).

You gonna pay them both as well? That No 3 pick is quite expensive, and that franchise number is quite expensive...

Reerun_KC
03-10-2009, 08:59 AM
You gonna pay them both as well? That No 3 pick is quite expensive, and that franchise number is quite expensive...

What franchise number? You cant be serious about paying Cassell franchise QB type money? The dude is nothing more than a stop gap QB. No way he should be paid anywhere near the top 10....

Average at best, but if you have a chance to develop and draft a franchise QB, you better take that opportunity and get your QB...

Brock
03-10-2009, 09:02 AM
What franchise number? You cant be serious about paying Cassell franchise QB type money? The dude is nothing more than a stop gap QB. No way he should be paid anywhere near the top 10....

Average at best, but if you have a chance to develop and draft a franchise QB, you better take that opportunity and get your QB...

The franchise number the Chiefs are currently on the hook for, whether you think he's worth it or not.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-10-2009, 09:03 AM

Stafford had a poor offensive line and a defense last year that was horrible. He did have some skill players around him, but not enough to overcome for those two issues. He also played in the best conference in college football.

This isn't Sanchez who had a great offensive line and a great defense and just had to manage the game most of the time.

Reerun_KC
03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
The franchise number the Chiefs are currently on the hook for, whether you think he's worth it or not.$14 mil per year?

If Cassel is worth 14$ mill per year to the Chiefs, I see no reason why you and I couldnt be on the sidelines stealing at least $1 mil per year...

We are worth at least $1 Mill to the Chiefs if Cassel is worth franchise money...

Just saying....

SenselessChiefsFan
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM

The thing that you just don't seem to get is that the draft isn't the lottery. You don't just buy a ticket hoping to win. You have to have faith in the guy you draft. That doesn't make you 'scared'.

Now, if YOU were GM, and YOU drafted Sanchez, I couldn't bash you for it, because you clearly believe in the kid. But, to bash someone else for not believing in him or Stafford is silly.

Personally, I believe in Stafford. I would have liked to see the Chiefs draft him. In fact, with every loss, I thought 'we are closer to Matt Stafford'.

But, even though I personally think he is going to be a great QB, I understand the concerns and the questions about him. I don't think those people are 'scared'.

And, it would be dumb to draft a QB over a guy that you thought was better just because he was a QB. That is rationalization and hope.

I know that runs rampant on this board, but it isn't a way to run a franchise.

ModSocks
03-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Mayock should just STFU and quit trying to ruin shit for us Chiefs fans

SenselessChiefsFan
03-10-2009, 09:16 AM

I don't think any team should be risk adverse. I mean, if that were the case, no one would ever draft anyone because EVERY pick is a risk.

With that said, you assume that these guys are scared. I think they just want to take a risk that they believe in.

I am, by nature, a huge risk taker. I like to gamble, I own my own small business, I own a lot of rental property. If I have the choice of a sure three dollars, or a good chance to make six.... I nearly always the six.

But, it is something that I have to believe in.

If you bet football, you don't just bet every game just because you 'could' win. You bet the games you believe in. This is similar to the early rounds of the draft. The more money you are betting, the more you have to believe in the game.

I think late picks are like the lottery. If I play the lottery, I don't 'believe' in the numbers, but the money gambled is so small and the potential payoff so large, that it makes sense to me.

I just don't know why you assume all these teams are 'scared' just because they don't believe in these guys.

Chief Faithful
03-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Never been a Stafford fan for precisely the reason Mayock states, "played with two elite receivers and an NFL-caliber running back and "sometimes he looked like Superman and sometimes he looked average." I think Stafford and the offense looked average far to often last season.

If the Chiefs get Curry I agree he should play SAM with Vrabel at WILL. DJ would be good inside playing much the same position Scott played with Baltimore. That leaves a big hole on the inside next to DJ that I don't believe anyone on the current roster can adequately fill.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Just perception.... Mecca gives alot of the same, knows the positions etc... I am not blowing off Mecca here, but if some talking head says something about someone it is gospel... If Mecca said the same thing 3 weeks before, then he is USC homer blowhard...

I cant wait til the draft is over.... This is the worst part about the season... 999,000 draft experts all over the message boards and TV and very few have any info....

Any fan can only watch so much college football, and we only see the network TV footage.

These analysts get to watch coaches tapes, talk to the coaches about these kids, and break it down as their career.

Not a single one of us on here is that adept at the draft.

And, from reading Mecca, yeah, he knows the basics, but he is by no means an expert on anything other than rationalizing the selection of a QB at the top of the draft.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Never been a Stafford fan for precisely the reason Mayock states, "played with two elite receivers and an NFL-caliber running back and "sometimes he looked like Superman and sometimes he looked average." I think Stafford and the offense looked average far to often last season.

If the Chiefs get Curry I agree he should play SAM with Vrabel at WILL. DJ would be good inside playing much the same position Scott played with Baltimore. That leaves a big hole on the inside next to DJ that I don't believe anyone on the current roster can adequately fill.

If they go to a 3-4, there is no traditional SAM linebacker.

They can put him at ILB on the strong side which would be the most similar to SAM in the 4-3. It will come with many of the same responsibilities, only he will have to cover more to the inside as well.

Chief Faithful
03-10-2009, 09:34 AM
If they go to a 3-4, there is no traditional SAM linebacker.

They can put him at ILB on the strong side which would be the most similar to SAM in the 4-3. It will come with many of the same responsibilities, only he will have to cover more to the inside as well.

What do you call the OLB on the strong side in a 3-4? It is the ILB on the strong side that I feel would be the big hole.

OnTheWarpath15
03-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Two elite receivers?

C'mon, Mayock. That's ridiculous.

I'm a bigger fan of Sanchez than Stafford, but to say he played with elite WR's is ridiculous. Massaquoi is a 3rd/4th round pick and AJ Green was a freaking freshman, FFS. Nevermind the makeshift OL filled with first year starters.

Hardly elite.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-10-2009, 09:42 AM
What do you call the OLB on the strong side in a 3-4? It is the ILB on the strong side that I feel would be the big hole.

Typically, OLB's in the 3-4 are not called SAM or Will. Some teams don't even call their 4-3 OLB's Sam or WIll. Traditional Sam or Will linebackers actually flip sides when the formation shifts, making them true SAM or WILL linebackers.

However, many teams leave their OLB's on the same side most of the game, making them LOLB, or ROLB. Similar to RDE and LDE.

While a 3-4 could technically rotate the OLB's depending on the formation and name them SAM and WILL and be 'correct'... they would not be true to the traditional sense of the description.

I think Hali and Vrabel will play OLB. I think Johnston has a good chance to be a third down pass rushing OLB. And, I think Curry and DJ would play ILB.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Two elite receivers?

C'mon, Mayock. That's ridiculous.

I'm a bigger fan of Sanchez than Stafford, but to say he played with elite WR's is ridiculous. Massaquoi is a 3rd/4th round pick and AJ Green was a freaking freshman, FFS. Nevermind the makeshift OL filled with first year starters.

Hardly elite.

Well, to be fair, about seven percent of all college football players are drafted. So, a player that will be drafted is considered to be an 'elite' college football player, even if they are not going to be an elite NFL prospect.

I think the Offensive line and the defense were the biggest obstacles that he had to overcome.

I think Stafford is the class of the draft at QB.

Chief Faithful
03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Typically, OLB's in the 3-4 are not called SAM or Will. Some teams don't even call their 4-3 OLB's Sam or WIll. Traditional Sam or Will linebackers actually flip sides when the formation shifts, making them true SAM or WILL linebackers.

However, many teams leave their OLB's on the same side most of the game, making them LOLB, or ROLB. Similar to RDE and LDE.

While a 3-4 could technically rotate the OLB's depending on the formation and name them SAM and WILL and be 'correct'... they would not be true to the traditional sense of the description.

I think Hali and Vrabel will play OLB. I think Johnston has a good chance to be a third down pass rushing OLB. And, I think Curry and DJ would play ILB.
Do you think Hali could really fill that role? If he could play ROLB then that fills a big hole. DJ and Curry would make a solid core inside.

Coogs
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM

Sure, we have the cap space... and we have to spend most of it as well. If Cassel isn't panning out in year 1 as a Chief, then Stafford or Sanchez may be ready to step in.

Chief Roundup
03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Just don't see spending a 1st and a 2cd round picks on QB.
I think it would be stupid to do that with as many holes as we have.
Not to mention why even make the trade if you were even wanting or interested in Sanchez and or Stafford.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Do you think Hali could really fill that role? If he could play ROLB then that fills a big whole. DJ and Curry would make a solid core inside.

I do, but admittedly, I am in the minority on this forum. Even if not, I don't think Curry fits at OLB in a 3-4. Not saying he couldn't play it, but I don't think that is his best fit in this defense.

Coogs
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Just don't see spending a 1st and a 2cd round picks on QB.
I think it would be stupid to do that with as many holes as we have.

If we can't trade down, and have to reach for a player just for taking a spot where we have a need, then that would be just as stupid, if not more stupid IMO. Look at the Chargers. They had Brees and selected Rivers. They probably could have went a different route and filled a bigger need at the time, but in the long run it has worked out fine for them.

And I am still not saying this is what we should do, but I think we should keep the option open if the Lions and Rams grab the players most coveted by the Chiefs before our pick... and a trade down fails to materialize on draft day.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-10-2009, 10:23 AM

Sure, we have the cap space... and we have to spend most of it as well. If Cassel isn't panning out in year 1 as a Chief, then Stafford or Sanchez may be ready to step in.

Oooh! The resistance grows! :LOL:

Any fan can only watch so much college football, and we only see the network TV footage.

These analysts get to watch coaches tapes, talk to the coaches about these kids, and break it down as their career.

And, from reading Mecca, yeah, he knows the basics, but he is by no means an expert on anything other than rationalizing the selection of a QB at the top of the draft.

And yet, you know enough to proclaim everyone else's selection(s) moot in the face of such "genius" as Mayock?
Please.

Chief Roundup
03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Look at the Chargers. They had Brees and selected Rivers.

Yeah they HAD Brees from another Draft. We are talking about spending our 1st and 2cd round picks on one position in one draft. Those are our 2 best oppurtunities to get 2 long term starters for this football team.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Look at the Chargers. They had Brees and selected Rivers. They probably could have went a different route and filled a bigger need at the time, but in the long run it has worked out fine for them.

Didn't the Chargers do that because AJ Smith is an egomaniac who wanted his own QB? Pioli has his guy.

Coogs
03-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah they HAD Brees from another Draft. We are talking about spending our 1st and 2cd round picks on one position in one draft. Those are our 2 best oppurtunities to get 2 long term starters for this football team.

Sure. I knew it was from two different drafts. But it doesn't really matter.

And again, I am not saying this is what we should do. But we shouldn't just write it off IMO either if that is the best option at our #3 pick instead of reaching for a #10 type talent that fills a need.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Is the 2009 Draft the last draft of all time?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Oooh! The resistance grows! :LOL:

This is how Germ Warfare germinated, DCS.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-10-2009, 10:50 AM
This is how Germ Warfare germinated, DCS.

Then germinate-on! :thumb:

Chief Roundup
03-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Is the 2009 Draft the last draft of all time?

No. There will be many many more. There will also be QB's in those drafts as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
No. There will be many many more. There will also be QB's in those drafts as well.

After next year's QB Draft Uselessness, I'm inclined to at least take a look if not agree with you.

Reerun_KC
03-10-2009, 11:14 AM

:clap:

I have said this time and time again, all we can do is speculate.. Just like Curry is a sure fire, cant miss, HOF LB and both QB's are busts....

Its preception and speculation on manys part to whom "They" want to draft for the Chiefs.... Someone will get lucky and be right, then they will pound their junk while telling everyone they were right all along...

Wash rinse repeat each year on Chiefsplanet...

kcbubb
03-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I agree, I think the Lions take either a LT or Curry.

you change your opinions quickly. you bashed me for saying Curry was worth the #3 pick and now you say he is worth #1 overall??? what about your positional value argument??? and what about the "you don't pass on a possible franchise QB if you don't have one???"

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2009, 11:24 AM
you change your opinions quickly. you bashed me for saying Curry was worth the #3 pick and now you say he is worth #1 overall??? what about your positional value argument??? and what about the "you don't pass on a possible franchise QB if you don't have one???"

He didn't say they were making the right decision, genious.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-10-2009, 11:29 AM
He didn't say they were making the right decision, genious.

I've been saying Curry to Detroit since the combined closed. STL will more than likely take the top Tackle, and we're right back where we were before.

Until I know that 3rd has been traded-down, it's QB Understudy Time at the ol' 2009 hoe down.

kcbubb
03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
come on.... Hamas.. rallying around your QB buddy. the lions are in the perfect position to draft a QB. They have two picks in the first round. The current QBs on their roster, either Dan or Culpepper can play for another year while Stafford develops. they can spend their other picks to develop the team. they could possibly have their offense of the future with a young QB, RB, WR, and RT.

How could you think that they would pass on Stafford unless you have changed your mind and think that Stafford maybe isn't worth what you thought he was???

BTW... I think the Lions should draft Stafford and sit him and hope that he develops. His physical ability reminds me too much of Cutler for the Lions to pass on him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM
come on.... Hamas.. rallying around your QB buddy. the lions are in the perfect position to draft a QB. They have two picks in the first round. The current QBs on their roster, either Dan or Culpepper can play for another year while Stafford develops. they can spend their other picks to develop the team. they could possibly have their offense of the future with a young QB, RB, WR, and RT.

How could you think that they would pass on Stafford unless you have changed your mind and think that Stafford maybe isn't worth what you thought he was???

BTW... I think the Lions should draft Stafford and sit him and hope that he develops. His physical ability reminds me too much of Cutler for the Lions to pass on him.

I'm not saying what they should do, nor is he, he's predicting what decision he thinks they'll make.

This is a team that just went 0-16 and hired its GM from within the organization. Think about that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-10-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm not saying what they should do, nor is he, he's predicting what decision he thinks they'll make.

This is a team that just went 0-16 and hired its GM from within the organization. Think about that.

:eek:ROFL I must have missed that. Between that and Gunther.....ROFL

bdeg
03-10-2009, 04:01 PM

That is pretty damn laughable.

KChiefs1
03-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Mayock is the best out there.

ChiefRon
03-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Funny, tonight on Total Access he was talking about Sanchez again, and he said something to the effect of "Well, Detroit is considering QB, I think they would be wise to take a hard look at Sanchez" and even though Stafford has more upside, he wasn't "sure Stafford had the mentality to deal with the pressure of the 1st overall pick" and he also compared Sanchez to Matt Ryan

Maybe he just thinks if they're going QB, it should be Sanchez instead of Stafford?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Funny, tonight on Total Access he was talking about Sanchez again, and he said something to the effect of "Well, Detroit is considering QB, I think they would be wise to take a hard look at Sanchez" and even though Stafford has more upside, he wasn't "sure Stafford had the mentality to deal with the pressure of the 1st overall pick" and he also compared Sanchez to Matt Ryan

Maybe he just thinks if they're going QB, it should be Sanchez instead of Stafford?

They're like chimpanzees flinging crap!

They'll make GREAT old ladies one day...