PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bring in Matt Jones for a look...

L.A. Chieffan
03-09-2009, 08:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3965961

SAUTO
03-09-2009, 08:14 PM
what an idiot

StcChief
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
isn't Oakland on top of this.

Mr. Kotter
03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
He's done. Stick a fork in him.

Mecca
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Well I could use a coke connection.

Brock
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Bring him in for an intervention

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Well I could use a coke connection.

He could a run a ring down 71 to Fayetteville.

beach tribe
03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
What a dope.

MahiMike
03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
What a shame. He was the Jags best WR last year. He's done now.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Only if we can sign Marty to coach, Bam Morris and Vanover....

Skip Towne
03-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Herzig has played golf with him. Says he can hit it a mile.

Ultra Peanut
03-09-2009, 09:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70gw1xro6eo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70gw1xro6eo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
03-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I sort of admire Matt Jones. It's clear he doesn't give a shit about being a great receiver. He's content to party like a rock star and make a few million bucks in the NFL. More power to him. At least he's not hurting anyone.

Spott
03-09-2009, 09:44 PM
So he was drinking and playing golf? Damn, what a criminal.

Demonpenz
03-09-2009, 10:19 PM
if he can't lay off the shit to save his life he has huge issues. Like any other users he is going to loose everything, find faith, and climb back, or he will die. the end

no love
03-09-2009, 11:11 PM
I sort of admire Matt Jones. It's clear he doesn't give a shit about being a great receiver. He's content to party like a rock star and make a few million bucks in the NFL. More power to him. At least he's not hurting anyone.

indeed. He looks at his job like the majority of americans. It's a *ucking job! it's work. that's all it is.

it's just that if most americans had millions on the line, we might keep our ass's a little cleaner.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2009, 11:12 PM
it's just that if most americans had millions on the line, we might keep our ass's a little cleaner.

Maybe he's got all the money he wants. It's entirely possible to enjoy cocaine and have your 401k in order.

no love
03-09-2009, 11:13 PM
damn.
you're very right.

RealSNR
03-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Maybe he's got all the money he wants. It's entirely possible to enjoy cocaine and have your 401k in order.For what he makes? I doubt he cracks a million/year

no love
03-09-2009, 11:17 PM
I just did my taxes, the crack of a million bucks sounds like a pretty desirable place...

Hammock Parties
03-09-2009, 11:18 PM
For what he makes? I doubt he cracks a million/year

He was a first-round pick.

boogblaster
03-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Coke and football not a bad combo ...

mikey23545
03-09-2009, 11:25 PM

Jesus, what a moron you are...LMAO

If you/DCS ever get thrown out of your parent's basement and have to live in the real world, you won't last 6 months before they're shoveling dirt on your worthless ass.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Jesus, what a moron you are...LMAO

If you/DCS ever get thrown out of your parent's basement and have to live in the real world, you won't last 6 months before they're shoveling dirt on your worthless ass.

What do you even know about Matt Jones?

I'm not saying he's not a complete fuck up. He could be living under a bridge once the NFL is done with him.

But judging a guy just because he likes to do coke is jumping to conclusions.

Nick Lowery did a lot of coke according to Dane McCloud. How's he doing? Oh yeah, he's in the Chiefs hall of fucking fame. Michael Irvin snorted half of Dallas. How's he doing? Living on skid row? Not exactly.

no love
03-09-2009, 11:29 PM
our last president was at one time a coke head. that went real well for us.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
our last president was at one time a coke head. that went real well for us.

How it went for US is irrelevant.

It turned out pretty good for him.

Maybe someday Matt Jones can be governor of Arkansas. Then...who knows?

no love
03-09-2009, 11:32 PM
i'd say it's pretty very relevant.

in case you hadn't noticed, some of us in the real world are in pretty deep shit.

no love
03-09-2009, 11:33 PM
very pretty?

Hammock Parties
03-10-2009, 02:52 AM
I think there will be some disappointed media outlets when they get their facts straight. The story as I understand it is...

Matt was back in town for a probation hearing and admitted to drinking (which is a violation of his probation). Thus, he was taken into custody under the previous charges.

Regardless, he's had problems keeping his nose clean (pun intended).

The local paper worded it this way

"Jones was booked into the Washington County Dentention Center for Possession of a Controlled Substance. It's not known what that substance was."

Very misleading. It was cocaine... last year.

He was re-admitted for violating his probation. For beer during golf.

PFT has updated their story also..

HMc
03-10-2009, 03:34 AM
not that anyone gives a shit, but i agree with gochiefs all the way here.

Sorry, but it just aint that big a deal to have 6 grams of coke in a car with a bunch of well off young males, that sort of shit goes on in every big city in every country every weekend of the year.

Then he gets pulled up "violating" by having a beer? ffs how pussified can it get?

As for the Bush analogy, I guess that'll be relevant when this kid runs for office, and no sooner.

That said I wouldnt want him on my team, if only because he's due a lengthy suspension.

NewChief
03-10-2009, 05:50 AM
not that anyone gives a shit, but i agree with gochiefs all the way here.

Sorry, but it just aint that big a deal to have 6 grams of coke in a car with a bunch of well off young males, that sort of shit goes on in every big city in every country every weekend of the year.

Then he gets pulled up "violating" by having a beer? ffs how pussified can it get?

As for the Bush analogy, I guess that'll be relevant when this kid runs for office, and no sooner.

That said I wouldnt want him on my team, if only because he's due a lengthy suspension.

He entered the drug court program, and the judges around here in drug court don't play around... at all. They know they have your ass, and they'll nail you to the wall because you entered the program voluntarily to avoid getting a felony on your record. Yes, drinking a beer during golf is no big deal... if you ass isn't owned by Judge Gunn. She's a wannabe Judge Judy who likes to lecture anyone in front of her. The program is effective for reducing recidivism, though.

Anyway, here's Jones's mugshot:
http://www.co.washington.ar.us/sheriff/summary/Detainee.asp?bn=4087931

I have three former students in there right now as well, I'm sure they're stoked to be spending some cell time with him.

NewChief
03-10-2009, 05:56 AM
And Jones should feel lucky that this didn't happen two weeks ago. Drug Court was being held at the High School, assembly style, to show all the kids what happens if you do drugs. He would have had an adoring audience of taunting high school kids to witness the humiliation.

Brock
03-10-2009, 07:07 AM
And Jones should feel lucky that this didn't happen two weeks ago. Drug Court was being held at the High School, assembly style, to show all the kids what happens if you do drugs. He would have had an adoring audience of taunting high school kids to witness the humiliation.

That's hilarious. They're really doing that?

Skip Towne
03-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Oh, great, a woman judge trying to grow balls.

Sully
03-10-2009, 07:23 AM

Huh.
Never heard of that.
Seems like a great idea.

Consistent1
03-10-2009, 07:25 AM

Sadly enough, he would most likely just end up with new fans.

Goapics1
03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
I wonder what kind of beer he drank at the golf course.

NewChief
03-10-2009, 08:24 AM
That's hilarious. They're really doing that?

Yup. They do it in the school auditorium. The kids all get to hear the judge give these people tongue lashings and such. One guy got recuffed and tossed in jail this year because he came to the courtroom high and failed a field sobriety test that they gave him on the spot.

Chief Roundup
03-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Matt Jones is a complete waste in talent. I know several people that went to High School and College with him. They all say he never even tried. That everything was just natural talent and that he would be amazingly good if he ever really tried. That he has been in constant trouble most of his life for minor stuff.

ChiTown
03-10-2009, 08:47 AM
BFD

I drank beer while on probation during my DUI process. I didn't drink and drive, but I did drink at home, which, according to the rules of my probation, was against the law.

Let's get real here, shall we?

Chief Roundup
03-10-2009, 08:50 AM
BFD

I drank beer while on probation during my DUI process. I didn't drink and drive, but I did drink at home, which, according to the rules of my probation, was against the law.

Let's get real here, shall we?

So because you broke the law it is no big deal.
Figure they are trying to teach him a lesson that he has a problem and needs to fix it?

ChiTown
03-10-2009, 08:57 AM
So because you broke the law it is no big deal.
Figure they are trying to teach him a lesson that he has a problem and needs to fix it?

Yeah, that's it. geezus

I'm talking about context here. In the context of why he is on probation (DUE TO COCAINE POSSESSION), I hardly think him admitting that he had a couple of beers makes him a villain of some sort. Do I want him on the Chiefs roster? No. Do I think our legal system is completely fucked up? Yes.

Chief Roundup
03-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah, that's it. geezus

I'm talking about context here. In the context of why he is on probation (DUE TO COCAINE POSSESSION), I hardly think him admitting that he had a couple of beers makes him a villain of some sort. Do I want him on the Chiefs roster? No. Do I think our legal system is completely ****ed up? Yes.

He was busted for cocaine but was also drunk and plead down a DWI that is why he was breaking his probation by drinking.

dj56dt58
03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
He was busted for cocaine but was also drunk and plead down a DWI that is why he was breaking his probation by drinking.

I think its stupid you can't have one beer after getting a dwi..maybe after multiple problems, but one dwi, no more beer? Fucking retarded

NewChief
03-10-2009, 11:02 AM

When they held drug court here, Judge Gunn revoked someone's probation because their boyfriend had brought beer into their house and it was seen during a check up. The boyfriend even admitted that he'd brought the beer and that the parolee hadn't drank any of it. Didn't matter. The drug court is really strict, but it's voluntary.

Hootie
03-10-2009, 11:11 AM
he must have drank a shit ton if alcohol was still in his system when he took that drug test the next day...

Hootie
03-10-2009, 11:16 AM
It's really strange around here...

My friend is on probation for two DUI's...he failed his random drug test (pot) and they didn't do anything or even care...

Either way...if Matt Jones tested positive for alcohol...that means he was fucked up and partying probably until 7 or 8 AM.

sedated
03-10-2009, 11:20 AM
"Jones tested positive for alcohol on Feb. 27 and appeared in court on Monday and admitted using alcohol during a golf outing the day before the test. "

alcohol would have been out of his system long before a test the next day.

I know people who have gotten completely shit-faced the day before a drug test. As long as you are sober when you wake up in the morning, it should be out of your system after the first piss in the morning.

sedated
03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I think its stupid you can't have one beer after getting a dwi..maybe after multiple problems, but one dwi, no more beer? ****ing retarded

that's nothing. In johnson county, if you are on probabtion, no matter what for (doesn't have to be alcohol related) YOU CAN'T GO TO ANY PLACE THAT SERVES ALCOHOL.

no more applebees, hereford house, sporting events, chipotle, chuck E. cheese, etc, etc, etc.

sedated
03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
and the argument of "oh, it was just one beer" doesn't make sense. He was drunk when he took the drug test, which means he was partying ALL NIGHT and didn't give himself enough time to sober up before the test, or he pours vodka on his cheerios.

Hootie
03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
and the argument of "oh, it was just one beer" doesn't make sense. He was drunk when he took the drug test, which means he was partying ALL NIGHT and didn't give himself enough time to sober up before the test, or he pours vodka on his cheerios.

Yep.

If he drank three beers the day before his drug test...alcohol would have been long gone from his system.

He was probably partying like crazy until 6 or 7 AM...

Spicy McHaggis
03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
How it went for US is irrelevant.

It turned out pretty good for him.

Maybe someday Matt Jones can be governor of Arkansas. Then...who knows?

No offense to Arkansas but that's actually probably pretty feasible.

Skip Towne
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
In Kansas youare not allowed to drink at all while on probation. No matter what you are on probation for.

HMc
03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
that's nothing. In johnson county, if you are on probabtion, no matter what for (doesn't have to be alcohol related) YOU CAN'T GO TO ANY PLACE THAT SERVES ALCOHOL.

no more applebees, hereford house, sporting events, chipotle, chuck E. cheese, etc, etc, etc.

good god.

It's shit like this and dumb weed laws that fill the prisons up with nonviolent criminals.

philfree
03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
"Jones tested positive for alcohol on Feb. 27 and appeared in court on Monday and admitted using alcohol during a golf outing the day before the test. "

alcohol would have been out of his system long before a test the next day.

I know people who have gotten completely shit-faced the day before a drug test. As long as you are sober when you wake up in the morning, it should be out of your system after the first piss in the morning.

Actually there is a test they can do that will allow them to see if you've consumed alcohol in the last four days. I forget what it's called now but there were some people that wanted me to submit to such a test but I declined. I told them that I drink so why waste the time and money.

PhilFree:arrow: