PDA

View Full Version : News Schlitterbahn Vacation Village (KCK)

jiveturkey
03-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Phase one attractions were announced today.

http://schlitterblogkc.blogspot.com/2009/03/schlitterbahn-kc-reveals-2009.html#comment-form

BigRedChief
03-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Schlitterbahn in San Antonio is the best water park that I've ever been too. A water slide roller coaster that goes up hill? A mile long lazy stream? Very cool.

jiveturkey
03-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I've been on a construction tour out there and they said that this park will eventually be their crown jewel. They're off to a good start IMO.

seclark
03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
mrs. sec wants to take the kids and their families somewhere for a couple days this summer for a little vacation together. so far they've discussed branson and lake of the ozarks. i'm not crazy on either choice.

if this place is completed...might be a pretty decent choice.
thanks jiveturkey!
sec

jiveturkey
03-10-2009, 09:09 AM
You could also head across town to Worlds of Fun. They've got a fancy new coaster this year.

luv
03-10-2009, 09:12 AM
mrs. sec wants to take the kids and their families somewhere for a couple days this summer for a little vacation together. so far they've discussed branson and lake of the ozarks. i'm not crazy on either choice.

thanks jiveturkey!
sec

The best thing about Branson is Branson Landing. Best place for shopping and dining around here. Otherwise, I hate it.

seclark
03-10-2009, 09:16 AM
The best thing about Branson is Branson Landing. Best place for shopping and dining around here. Otherwise, I hate it.

shopping doesn't reallly fit in my idea of vacation.
sec

Monty
03-10-2009, 09:18 AM

thanks jiveturkey!
sec

You'll love it....I'd highly recommend it based on our experiences at the Texas parks.

Stinger
03-10-2009, 09:19 AM

:spock:

You do realize there is this big body of water that has some attraction too.

seclark
03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
You'll love it....I'd highly recommend it based on our experiences at the Texas parks.

looks pretty fun...i copied the name & link and sent it to the the boss/wife. i don't think i can pronounce the name, much less spell it.
sec

Monty
03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
shopping doesn't reallly fit in my idea of vacation.
sec

Branson Landing is kinda cool, but it's shopping.....there are so many other things to do there. You can go to a Mall anytime...this should not a be a high priority while on vacation.

ChiefsCountry
03-10-2009, 09:22 AM
lake of the ozarks. i'm not crazy on either choice.

Please come and spend your tourist dollars in my home area. I would like some new roads and other stuff. Thank you. :)

L.A. Chieffan
03-10-2009, 09:25 AM
schlitterbahn? thats a real fucking name? does anybody else do a doubletake when they read that

seclark
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Please come and spend your tourist dollars in my home area. I would like some new roads and other stuff. Thank you. :)

grandkids are ages 3,3,2,1. grampa is 48
going to have to be somewhere where we can be kept busy, and close to where we can be put down for a nap.
sec

Monty
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
schlitterbahn? thats a real fucking name? does anybody else do a doubletake when they read that

It's German for "slippery road".......

I thought it was odd too when I first heard of it, but it grows on you. :)

L.A. Chieffan
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Schlitter's full!