PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Consolidation of Chiefs Defense Discussions

bowener
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I just thought this would make things easier, or cleaner on the main board as the draft draws nearer and the speculation reaches exponential limits.

For example:

I stated something similar in other threads, but I think we are possibly going to line up as 43 front, with the option of easily shifting into a 34.

Vrabel will become our RDE, which isnt too hard to imagine with his size (and hopefully some speed). With Tank and Dorsey playing the DT's, and McBride on the other side, our 4 front is established.

Our LBers are unknowns, other than DJ really (so, more speculation needed?).

I do not think it is too far a stretch of the imagination (for this year at least, being we are void of a lot of 34 personell, hell, any personell) that we can have Vrabel drop back (or slide over) from his RDE position to take up the ROLB position. Dorsey could then slide over to the RDE position, Tank could play NT (assuming he really does weigh as much as he looks like he weighs, and kept his phenom strength), and McBride gets to play his natural position of LDE in a 3 front.

I know there is concern for Dorsey, we will just have to see though, and he seems to be the only fit for now (Hali arguably, if he bulks up some more). Dorsey is 1 to 1/2 an inch shorter than Igor Olshansky, and the same weight. GD also has some freakishly long arms. Again, its a wait and see type of deal.

Once they shift into the 3 front, DJ would slide to his ILB position from his OLB position he holds in the 43.

that is juts an example of one of the many types of speculation that we can consolidate here, in this thread, to later be ignored and another thread started.

Another could be the idea of Pollard moving to a LB position similar to Donnie Edwards (in size at least). Maybe an ILB position to forever cover the TE and RB? I dont know!

Sorry if re-post, and sorry if lame, I was bored.

CoMoChief
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Never should have traded Jared Allen.

EyePod
03-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Never should have traded Jared Allen.

Yeah, you're right. We should have resigned him (which he actually stated was impossible). Give up on it already. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Vrabel said he wants to play LB, not DE.

RustShack
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, you're right. We should have resigned him (which he actually stated was impossible). Give up on it already. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Vrabel said he wants to play LB, not DE.

Hes going to be put where hes best. In a 4-3 thats DE and in a 3-4 thats LB.

Chief Faithful
03-10-2009, 12:46 PM
So who is going to be the DC?

RustShack
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
So who is going to be the DC?

Its likely either Crennel or Pendigrast. Hopefully Crennel.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Matt Cassel

htismaqe
03-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Dorsey is 1 to 1/2 an inch shorter than Igor Olshansky, and the same weight.

Just an FYI, but I'm pretty sure Dorsey is a half a FOOT shorter than Olshansky.

ChiefRon
03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Anybody listening to Moving the Chains?

There's talking about us converting to 3-4.

Dorsey doesn't fit, although they could try him at end.

Hali doesn't fit anywhere.

Looking for 6-5, 330 or 340 lbs. to play NT. Not too many in this draft. Raji / Brace and a bunch of scrubs.

ChiefRon
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Still listening to Sirius (MTC wrapping up now)

A few minutes ago the regular "Diddy" called in and asked about #3

Said Orakpo would be their choice

But, more interestingly, they said "if you're moving to a 3-4, expect to trade Hali, probably to Tampa or Atlanta..."