PDA

View Full Version : Misc smokers vs. overeater...

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I know there are a lot of people on a diet on here and its not to piss anyone off, but I hear about all this crap about how smoking is soo bad for your health, well I agree, but I take care of waaayy more people who are hospitalized because of complications due to their weight than people in here for smoking. seems to me there would be something done about peoples weight issues in America as well as trying to get people to quit smoking. IMO overeating and being overweight is worse than smoking and cost the insurance co. more than complications due to smoking. this is my opinion only due to what I see everyday at work.

I hate to ask, but what do you guys think. Remember this is just a conversation I have been wanting to discuss for some time now, but I don't want to offend anyone on here personally its more as of a debate.

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Non smokers don't really want smokers to quit, they just don't want them to be able to smoke anywhere.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Non smokers don't really want smokers to quit, they just don't want them to be able to smoke anywhere.

well having to deal with obese I mean really big people in my job it affects me, I have to deal with them. I would like to quit smoking I am not defending smokers as much as trying to get across it would be benefical if they could do something about americas obesity.

whoman69
03-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Both are bad. There are a lot more overweight people than there are smokers. That would be the reason you see more overweight cases. Its more difficult to quit smoking because of all the extras they put in. People just don't want to make the effort to lose weight. It involves a lifestyle change that most don't want to try for. The only sure way to be able to quit smoking is to never start.

notorious
03-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Smokers effect non-smokers directly. The obese are non-direct unless they are destroying the buffet right in front of you.

badgirl
Both are bad. There are a lot more overweight people than there are smokers. That would be the reason you see more overweight cases. Its more difficult to quit smoking because of all the extras they put in. People just don't want to make the effort to lose weight. It involves a lifestyle change that most don't want to try for. The only sure way to be able to quit smoking is to never start.

I agree, smoking is the worse thing I ever started doing, I was 32 years old and I regret the day I ever started.

luv
well having to deal with obese I mean really big people in my job it affects me, I have to deal with them. I would like to quit smoking I am not defending smokers as much as trying to get across it would be benefical if they could do something about americas obesity.

If you want to quit smoking, quit smoking. Don't justify it by saying it's not as bad as being fat.

Rain Man
03-10-2009, 05:34 PM
That's because the smokers are all on one floor getting chemo.

Seriously, I think that about 20 percent of people smoke, so even if they're hospitalized at double the rate they'd still be a minority.

Hey, what percent of your patients are young attractive people? On TV, most patients in the hospital are young and attractive, but I suspect that's not true.

JimNasium
03-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Smokers generally die young which could explain part of the phenomenon that you are observing. I just lost my MIL to lung cancer. Smoking is the single worst thing you can do to your body and this is coming from a former pack-a-day smoker.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Smokers effect non-smokers directly. The obese are non-direct unless they are destroying the buffet right in front of you.

The do in fact directly affect me when I am having to do things for them like pulling them up in the bed and making sure their oxygen is doing its job cause a lot of obese people have to sleep with bi-pap or a c-pap and they have a lot of trouble breathing directly related to their weight.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I agree, smoking is the worse thing I ever started doing, I was 32 years old and I regret the day I ever started.

:spock: You started smoking at 32? How in the blue hell did that happen?

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
That's because the smokers are all on one floor getting chemo.

Seriously, I think that about 20 percent of people smoke, so even if they're hospitalized at double the rate they'd still be a minority.

Hey, what percent of your patients are young attractive people? On TV, most patients in the hospital are young and attractive, but I suspect that's not true.

Its definately NOT true, most are not attractive, I have alot of elderly people and some middle age, some young, but very rarely a attractive one.

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
There's already been some exploratory legislation has there not?

And I think there can be a biological component to some cases of obesity. I don't believe you can say the same for smoking; that first cigarette is always a choice.

In any case, I'm not sure why it needs to be one or the other, speaking as someone who's actively fighting the kind of obesity that comes only from eating too much and moving too little.

Rain Man

She was still in the 7th grade.

Nightfyre
On this note, Im gonna order a pizza.

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
On this note, Im gonna order a pizza.And I'm going to eat an apple.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM

working on the oncology floor of all places. :huh: I somehow picked up smoking from beleive it or not other nurses.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM

And I'm going to eat an apple.

And I just won't eat at all.

badgirl
If you want to quit smoking, quit smoking. Don't justify it by saying it's not as bad as being fat.

well thats like telling a big person if you wanna be thin quit eating, its not easy to quit smoking, its an addiction just as food may be for some people.

Rain Man
working on the oncology floor of all places. :huh: I somehow picked up smoking from beleive it or not other nurses.

That's absolutely hilarious.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 05:41 PM

New place and trying to fit in? I guess the reason I'm so curious is I'll be 32 in April, and there is no way I could see myself watching someone smoke and think to myself "That looks like a great idea!!!" Oh, and I've smoked for the last 17 years.

Rain Man
03-10-2009, 05:41 PM
well thats like telling a big person if you wanna be thin quit eating, its not easy to quit smoking, its an addiction just as food may be for some people.

I'm addicted to food. I would die without it.

Pablo
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
She was still in the 7th grade.3rd degree burn Rain Man.

luv

That is so not what you've said in the past. You've told me numerous times that I need to push away from the table, and that you could quit smoking anytime you wanted.

KCUnited
:popcorn:

Heavy on the butter and salt.

Mr. Flopnuts
I'm addicted to food. I would die without it.

You bring up a good point. I'm one of the most loathed people walking the streets of America right now. I'm a fat, smoker. Fat smoker is the new black!!!

badgirl
New place and trying to fit in? I guess the reason I'm so curious is I'll be 32 in April, and there is no way I could see myself watching someone smoke and think to myself "That looks like a great idea!!!" Oh, and I've smoked for the last 17 years.

I remember buying my first pack of cigarettes and thinking I cannot beleive I am doing this, its the worse decision I have ever made.

CoMoChief
Hell dont a lot of people smoke to keep their weight down.....esp girls? Fights off hunger a lot of times.

CoMoChief
03-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I maybe smoke about 1 cig a month......usually when I go out and Im usually drunk.

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 05:43 PM
My mom started in her late 20s, she did it because my dad smoked and he always seemed so relaxed and calm from them.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
I remember buying my first pack of cigarettes and thinking I cannot beleive I am doing this, its the worse decision I have ever made.

Hey, I started at 15. 15 was old enough to know better. But I had a penis, and she had a vagina. Presto, I was inhaling in no time.

Pablo
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Hell dont a lot of people smoke to keep their weight down.....esp girls? Fights off hunger a lot of times.If you chew it suppresses your appetite.

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Hell dont a lot of people smoke to keep their weight down.....esp girls? Fights off hunger a lot of times.Yep.

They finally manage to quit smoking after about 3740 attempts only to balloon up, get depressed, start smoking again, and end up obese and smoking, like a grim reaper cocktail.

Mr. Flopnuts
My mom started in her late 20s, she did it because my dad smoked and he always seemed so relaxed and calm from them.

Yeah, but you're 50. Which means that happened back in 1927 when nobody knew better. :evil:

Bugeater
Try Chantix, I was downright shocked at how easy it was to quit using that stuff.

badgirl
That is so not what you've said in the past. You've told me numerous times that I need to push away from the table, and that you could quit smoking anytime you wanted.

I do think its easier to lose weight than to quit smoking and I think people who are really big should consider eating less, and people who smoke , me included should stand back and realize what its doing to their health. this is not a thread directly pointing at you Luv so why do you keep putting yourself in the posts? I said its not about any one person, but as a debate, I am talking about people who are on oxygen to breath and cannot go to walmart without having to ride in one of those motorized things cause they can't walk that long. I mean really big people whose health is killing them because they are so big and they do nothing to try to change it.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Try Chantix, I was downright shocked at how easy it was to quit using that stuff.

I will definitely keep that in mind........

How much?

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah, but you're 50. Which means that happened back in 1927 when nobody knew better. :evil:
Ummm...40 :grr:

But that's a fair point nonetheless, it was back in the 60s when everyone was smoking.

keg in kc
And I just won't eat at all.Need to eat to kick that metabolism into gear.

I should talk. So far in two days I've had two bowls of oatmeal, two glasses of milk, two apples, an orange, three scrambled eggs, four turkey sausage links, an english muffin and a salad with sliced strawberries on top.

I used to eat more than that in half a day.

Bugeater

How much?
How much what?

Pablo
Try Chantix, I was downright shocked at how easy it was to quit using that stuff.This.

My whole family quit using that stuff.

My grandma, would had smoked for nearly 50 years and probably had a pack a day habit, quit on it.

My aunt was about as bad as her, and she quit on it.

My uncle probably smoked 2 packs a day, but the doctor more or less told him "to quit or die relatively soon". So he quit on it.

badgirl
Yep.

They finally manage to quit smoking after about 3740 attempts only to balloon up, get depressed, start smoking again, and end up obese and smoking, like a grim reaper cocktail.

I weighed only 130 lbs at my biggest before I started smoking, I smoke more cause its a habit, as long as I am busy I don't think about it, but soon as I am bored I sit and smoke.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Ummm...40 :grr:

But that's a fair point nonetheless, it was back in the 60s when everyone was smoking.

LMAO I was totally fucking with you.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:48 PM
This.

My whole family quit using that stuff.

My grandma, would had smoked for nearly 50 years and probably had a pack a day habit, quit on it.

My aunt was about as bad as her, and she quit on it.

My uncle probably smoked 2 packs a day, but the doctor more or less told him "to quit or die relatively soon". So he quit on it.

well are you saying its easier to quit smoking than to stop eating so much in order to lose weight?

luv
03-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I do think its easier to lose weight than to quit smoking and I think people who are really big should consider eating less, and people who smoke , me included should stand back and realize what its doing to their health. this is not a thread directly pointing at you Luv so why do you keep putting yourself in the posts? I said its not about any one person, but as a debate, I am talking about people who are on oxygen to breath and cannot go to walmart without having to ride in one of those motorized things cause they can't walk that long. I mean really big people whose health is killing them because they are so big and they do nothing to try to change it.

Neither of my posts have been about me. In fact, they've both been about you.

Anyway, I think both are equally disgusting. And, contrary to what you believe, losing weight is not easy. Not saying quitting smoking is. I've never smoked, so I don't know how hard it is. You've never been fat, so you wouldn't know how hard losing weight is.

keg in kc
I weighed only 130 lbs at my biggest before I started smoking, I smoke more cause its a habit, as long as I am busy I don't think about it, but soon as I am bored I sit and smoke.Some people do the same thing with food.

(Me for instance).

The hardest thing for me has been to train myself not to munch when I'm not actually hungry.

Mr. Flopnuts
Need to eat to kick that metabolism into gear.

I should talk. So far in two days I've had two bowls of oatmeal, two glasses of milk, two apples, an orange, three scrambled eggs, four turkey sausage links, an english muffin and a salad with sliced strawberries on top.

I used to eat more than that in half a day.

Yeah, I eat a piece of fruit, or a vegetable every 4 hours whether I'm hungry or not. There are a lot of people out there who can't lose any weight and just suffer. They don't know any better. I've been there.

How much what?

Money.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Some people do the same thing with food.

(Me for instance).

The hardest thing for me has been to train myself not to munch when I'm not actually hungry.

My step-sister is very big and she was told by a nutritionist to eat like 5 or 6 small portion throughout the day and she seems to be losing a little I think. I guess you don't have to starve, its better to just eat small meals throughout the day than to starve for hours than overeat when your hungry.

redsurfer11
03-10-2009, 05:52 PM

How much?

I tried to quit for 30 years. Nothing worked. Tried the Chantix 2-1/2 years ago, and haven't had a cig since. It cost about $260.00. But. it is well worth it.

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Money.
It was $140 for a one month supply, which coincidentally is about the same at I spent on cigs for a month. What's fucked up is my health insurance wouldn't cover one cent of it, even though it could save them a fortune in the future.

Rain Man
03-10-2009, 05:54 PM

This is how bets get started.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Neither of my posts have been about me. In fact, they've both been about you.

Anyway, I think both are equally disgusting. And, contrary to what you believe, losing weight is not easy. Not saying quitting smoking is. I've never smoked, so I don't know how hard it is. You've never been fat, so you wouldn't know how hard losing weight is.

I weighed I beleive 171 lbs when I had my last son and it wasn't easy but in 3 months I was back down in a size 8 jeans. I never used drugs but I worked out a lot and with 3 small kids I didn't have a lot of time to eat a lot, they kept me running that may have had something to do with it.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I tried to quit for 30 years. Nothing worked. Tried the Chantix 2-1/2 years ago, and haven't had a cig since. It cost about $260.00. But. it is well worth it.

How does Chantix work, does it take away the craving or like wellbutin, you have to still try to stop and the craving doesn't actually go anywhere? wonder if my insurance would pay for it?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 05:56 PM
How does Chantix work, does it take away the craving or like wellbutin, you have to still try to stop and the craving doesn't actually go anywhere? wonder if my insurance would pay for it?

Your 2nd question is almost a guaranteed no. Although you work in a hospital, so you never know. It's possible. I'm curious the answer to your 1st question myself.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I've already decided to quit in the next 30 days, this may be my solution.

luv
This is how bets get started.

I can guarantee you that I will lose the weight by the end of the year. I'm hoping that the blood work my doctor is doing right now will determine how out of whack my hormones are. I've always had problems losing weight. I'm not sure if it's the meds or the fact that people get their hormones back on track, but people who get treatment for their hormones often lose weight.

Mr. Flopnuts
P.S - I'm on my 2nd cigarette since opening this thread.

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 05:59 PM
It takes away the mental craving for it, although I still catch myself reaching for them out of habit. You still have to try, but it makes it soooo much easier. I was a hardcore smoker for 25 years and I didn't think it was possible for me to quit.

As far as ins, mine didn't cover it one bit. It was still totally worth it though.

Nightfyre
03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
P.S - I'm on my 2nd cigarette since opening this thread.

And my pizza still hasnt fucking got here. WTF.

Demonpenz
i know some girls that are hot that smoke, i know no girls that are hot that are overweight.

badgirl
Your 2nd question is almost a guaranteed no. Although you work in a hospital, so you never know. It's possible. I'm curious the answer to your 1st question myself.

we have this wellness thing here that trys to help you quit smoking and if you join it you get free gym membership and if you quit smoking you get like 54. extra dollars a month, which more than pays for my insurance. I may check into that and see if they pay for scrips.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:02 PM
It takes away the mental craving for it, although I still catch myself reaching for them out of habit. You still have to try, but it makes it soooo much easier. I was a hardcore smoker for 25 years and I didn't think it was possible for me to quit.

As far as ins, mine didn't cover it one bit. It was still totally worth it though.

I'm in. Did you quit cold turkey or was it a gradual reduction?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:03 PM
And my pizza still hasnt fucking got here. WTF.

I pounded down a carrot. Awesome.

badgirl
i know some girls that are hot that smoke, i know no girls that are hot that are overweight.

yep, same goes for guys. It seems both my xhusbands were in good shape when I married them and by the time we divorced they were pretty hefty and then after we divorced they lost back down to about where they were before, I didn't understand that.

You know there is a thread on here for people to lose weight, we should start one for people to quit smoking although we don't have anyway to prove what we are saying.

Pablo
I pounded down a carrot. Awesome.Which hole?

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 06:04 PM
My step-sister is very big and she was told by a nutritionist to eat like 5 or 6 small portion throughout the day and she seems to be losing a little I think. I guess you don't have to starve, its better to just eat small meals throughout the day than to starve for hours than overeat when your hungry.That's what they say. Cut out most of the liquids that aren't water, too.

I'm actually not hungry at all, I have to make myself eat at certain times of the day. I've forgotten to drink water today, too, which means I'll be up all night since I'm starting to drink around the time I usually stop.

Mr. Flopnuts
Which hole?

I said down not up, ya freak. :cuss:

keg in kc
yep, same goes for guys. It seems both my xhusbands were in good shape when I married them and by the time we divorced they were pretty hefty and then after we divorced they lost back down to about where they were before, I didn't understand that.Women do that as well. Once you're married you don't have the "i gotta get me a mate" pressure to look good.

luv
I said down not up, ya freak. :cuss:

Aka deepthroat practice?

redsurfer11
03-10-2009, 06:05 PM

My insurance wouldn't cover it. Read and Follow the directions. You start taking the pills a week before your quit date. You can smoke for a week while taking the pills. On your quit date you just don't smoke any cigs. It worked without any withdrawal symptoms. Amazing stuff. I doubted it would work. I haven't even had the urge to drink beers since taking it.

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Aka deepthroat practice?He wanted to know what it was like for the ladies in his life, so he's using a baby carrot.

Mr. Flopnuts
Aka deepthroat practice?

Pointy side first. I'm not ready to tickle the gagger with the big, fat side.

luv
He wanted to know what it was like for the ladies in his life, so he's using a baby carrot.

Awesome. LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
I hate you all.

luv
03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I hate you all.

But we love you!

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm in. Did you quit cold turkey or was it a gradual reduction?
You start the pills a week before you quit while the drug works it way into your system. I just quit cold turkey, but they say it's not necessary. It was an all or nothing deal for me, there was no way I was going to be able to have cigarettes around and not smoke them. The first day did suck for me, but after that it was pretty smooth sailing.

Skip Towne
03-10-2009, 06:08 PM
There's already been some exploratory legislation has there not?

And I think there can be a biological component to some cases of obesity. I don't believe you can say the same for smoking; that first cigarette is always a choice.

In any case, I'm not sure why it needs to be one or the other, speaking as someone who's actively fighting the kind of obesity that comes only from eating too much and moving too little.

What other kinds are there?

luv
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
You start the pills a week before you quit while the drug works it way into your system. I just quit cold turkey, but they say it's not necessary. It was an all or nothing deal for me, there was no way I was going to be able to have cigarettes around and not smoke them. The first day did suck for me, but after that it was pretty smooth sailing.

I'm very proud of you.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
You start the pills a week before you quit anyway while the drug works it way into your system. I just quit cold turkey, but they say it's not necessary. It was an all or nothing deal for me, there was no way I was going to be able to have cigarettes around and not smoke them. The first day did suck for me, but after that it was pretty smooth sailing.

Ok, I'm pretty much going to buy the stuff and plan on starting it in the next couple of weeks. How long did you take it? 30 days? How long ago did you quit?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:10 PM
But we love you!

My baby carrot just maximized.

Pablo
03-10-2009, 06:10 PM
My baby carrot just maximized.So it's like a sweet pickle now?

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 06:12 PM
What other kinds are there?I'm no authority, but I believe a disfunctional thyroid can be a cause, and that there've been studies the last few years that show obesity may have genetic markers.

Neither of those are relevant to me, to the best of my knowledge. But they may be to other people.

badgirl
Ok, I'm pretty much going to buy the stuff and plan on starting it in the next couple of weeks. How long did you take it? 30 days? How long ago did you quit?

I also would like to try it. I have a dr. appt. in a couple of weeks and I think I will write the name down and ask him about it.

Mr. Flopnuts
So it's like a sweet pickle now?

Vlasser. Look at the beak on that bird!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:15 PM
How's the pizza?

redsurfer11
03-10-2009, 06:15 PM

They gave me a 60 day supply. But I stretched it to 90 days. Don't go cold turkey the first day. Smoke for a week while taking the pills. Just set the quit date.

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I started the pills on Feb 14th, quit on the 20th. I took the pills twice daily for 2 weeks after I quit, then I stopped taking them for a few days to see what would happen, but then I seemed to be getting the urge a little more so I'm still taking one a day. I also used nicotine gum for the first week or so.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Vlasser. Look at the beak on that bird!!!!
:LOL:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I started the pills on Feb 14th, quit on the 20th. I took the pills twice daily for 2 weeks after I quit, then I stopped taking them for a few days to see what would happen, but then I seemed to be getting the urge a little more so I'm still taking one a day. I also used nicotine gum for the first week or so.

Easy breezy?

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
They gave me a 60 day supply. But I stretched it to 90 days. Don't go cold turkey the first day. Smoke for a week while taking the pills. Just set the quit date.

I may be able to do this, its better than trying it cold turkey which I have tried and it didn't work. Having that actual quit day already in place seems to get you ready.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:18 PM

That's the route I'm thinking about going. Some nicotine gum couldn't hurt. I really enjoy smoking though, I'm not sure how much of it is going to be the addiction vs. the desire.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
That's the route I'm thinking about going. Some nicotine gum couldn't hurt. I really enjoy smoking though, I'm not sure how much of it is going to be the addiction vs. the desire.

Yea thats what I am worrying about, cause I live alone sometimes I smoke just to have something to do, I get bored easily and when I am off for 2 or 3 days with nothing much to do its gonna get hard. Its also a big habit for me to light up soon as I get in the car and with my coffee in the morning. Those will be big major points to get through even with the pill. If someone lived with me or I had a more active life it would be a little easier.

luv
03-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm no authority, but I believe a disfunctional thyroid can be a cause, and that there've been studies the last few years that show obesity may have genetic markers.

Neither of those are relevant to me, to the best of my knowledge. But they may be to other people.

With PCOS, my body is insulin resistent, so I produce more. Producing insulin can cause you to gain weight.

I'm totally not using it as a crutch. If anything, it makes me more determined to lose weight to get the symptoms under control.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:24 PM
With PCOS, my body is insulin resistent, so I produce more. Producing insulin can cause you to gain weight.

I'm totally not using it as a crutch. If anything, it makes me more determined to lose weight to get the symptoms under control.

So are you diabetic?

redsurfer11

I wouldn't use the Nicotine gum. That would throw more of what your addicted to in you. You can go to a tobacco store and buy non nicotine cigs. You might smoke 5 of them before you throw the pack away. That is what I did. If you miss the enjoyment of smoking. Try the enjoyment of taking a big breath of air.

Mr. Flopnuts
Yea thats what I am worrying about, cause I live alone sometimes I smoke just to have something to do, I get bored easily and when I am off for 2 or 3 days with nothing much to do its gonna get hard. Its also a big habit for me to light up soon as I get in the car and with my coffee in the morning. Those will be big major points to get through even with the pill. If someone lived with me or I had a more active life it would be a little easier.

I run 4 miles every day most of the time. I still don't know what I'm going to do about coffee and cigarettes. That's something I look forward to in the morning.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't use the Nicotine gum. That would throw more of what your addicted to in you. You can go to a tobacco store and buy non nicotine cigs. You might smoke 5 of them before you throw the pack away. That is what I did. If you miss the enjoyment of smoking. Try the enjoyment of taking a big breath of air.

That is a great idea. I love smoking. Love it. That is going to save me. Thanks dude.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:26 PM
I run 4 miles every day most of the time. I still don't know what I'm going to do about coffee and cigarettes. That's something I look forward to in the morning.

Running 4 miles a day and smoke is amazing, I don't have 1/2 the energy I used to before I started smoking. It really hits me how bad it is when I go dancing, I used to could dance to about every song, now after a couple I have to sit down and this really makes me mad to know I am doing this to myself and know how much better I would feel if I quit. I am definately gonna try the pill and see how it works for me.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
That is a great idea. I love smoking. Love it. That is going to save me. Thanks dude.

I hope it works for you, this thread is well worth starting if it helps anyone on here to be able to quit, myself included.:)

I also love smoking, but I know I would feel better if I quit.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Running 4 miles a day and smoke is amazing, I don't have 1/2 the energy I used to before I started smoking. It really hits me how bad it is when I go dancing, I used to could dance to about every song, now after a couple I have to sit down and this really makes me mad to know I am doing this to myself and know how much better I would feel if I quit. I am definately gonna try the pill and see how it works for me.

How about throwing in I weigh 330lbs, smoke, and run 4 miles a day. I have to confess though, I didn't run 4 steps a day when I weighed 440lbs.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I hope it works for you, this thread is well worth starting if it helps anyone on here to be able to quit, myself included.:)

I also love smoking, but I know I would feel better if I quit.

My wife and I spend enough money on cigarettes every year that if we both quit, we could go to Hawaii for 2 weeks a year and never notice a change in our bank account. That's motivating.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:31 PM
How about throwing in I weigh 330lbs, smoke, and run 4 miles a day. I have to confess though, I didn't run 4 steps a day when I weighed 440lbs.

well maybe if you run some everytime the urge hits you to smoke you would be killing two birds with one stone. I read a urge to smoke only lasts like 10 min. and if you exercise or something for that 10 min it will pass. I read that in a booklet that comes with the patches.

luv
03-10-2009, 06:31 PM

I'm down to 227, and I still hate running. I walk as fast as I can and get my heart rate up, but I very rarely bring myself to run. I have a little. That's an area of improvement I need to work on.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
My wife and I spend enough money on cigarettes every year that if we both quit, we could go to Hawaii for 2 weeks a year and never notice a change in our bank account. That's motivating.

wow!!! that is motivation. do you think your wife will wanna quit with you?

Mr. Flopnuts
I'm down to 227, and I still hate running. I walk as fast as I can and get my heart rate up, but I very rarely bring myself to run. I have a little. That's an area of improvement I need to work on.

Well, I rarely do it, but I should preface that my running is on an elleptical machine.

luv

Not sure about there, but I heard the tax went up on cigarettes. Something like 50 cents per pack.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
wow!!! that is motivation. do you think your wife will wanna quit with you?

I already know she doesn't. That's really her choice. I have no problem going to Hawaii without her. :evil:

badgirl

Maybe just a slow jog?:)

RNR
Well I know this much 99% of the time I see someone in a handicapped parking stall they are fat. I often wonder when eating too much became a handicap. I have never seen someone dragging oxygen or for that matter only a couple times have I seen someone who looked like they were born with a handicap. But hey trashing those who smoke is the PC thing to do :)

Mr. Flopnuts
Not sure about there, but I heard the tax went up on cigarettes. Something like 50 cents per pack.

They're going up $1.20 nationwide here real quick. National excise tax of .62, and Phillip Morris is jacking them up another .58 to combat people like me who've had enough and are quitting.

luv
03-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, I rarely do it, but I should preface that my running is on an elleptical machine.

If I want to last any amount of time on the elliptical machine, I can't bring myself to go that fast.

Dave Lane
CHANTIX is probably what you are thinking about. I've got a friend that is doing it and they have the wildest dreams in the world...

badgirl
I already know she doesn't. That's really her choice. I have no problem going to Hawaii without her. :evil:

Well I guess I am lucky that I dont live another smoker, that may make it harder. My boyfriend already quit about a year ago and I don't like smoking around him, although he says it doesn't bother him I still fill strange like I am disrespecting him or something, so I hold off on smoking when I am with him.

Katipan
03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Skinny non smokers are going to rule the world when all you people die.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
They're going up $1.20 nationwide here real quick. National excise tax of .62, and Phillip Morris is jacking them up another .58 to combat people like me who've had enough and are quitting.

Marlboro is now 5.75 a pack, so I started smoking a generic that I can handle and it is 4.80 more than Marlboro used to be.:banghead:

Dave Lane
03-10-2009, 06:36 PM

Are you nine feet tall? Might explain the being able to run thingie..

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:36 PM
If I want to last any amount of time on the elliptical machine, I can't bring myself to go that fast.

I started off by walking around the neighborhood for 20 minutes. I hurt for 2 hours afterwards every day. Then I started walking on a treadmill and upping the time progressively. From there it was on to the elleptical in pretty much a fast walk. Now it's 4-5 miles a day.

It was easy for me though in the fact that I competed with myself ferociously. I also wore a heart rate monitor and demanded that my HR was constantly in the upper 150's to 160's. Gradually I had to go faster and faster, then longer and longer to accomplish that. It worked brilliantly though for me. I didn't even realize what was going on.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Are you nine feet tall? Might explain the being able to run thingie..

6'5. I started walking in Jan. 08. Stopped running in July 08. Just started running again, but it didn't take me more than a week and a half to get back up to 4 miles a day.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
I started off by walking around the neighborhood for 20 minutes. I hurt for 2 hours afterwards every day. Then I started walking on a treadmill and upping the time progressively. From there it was on to the elleptical in pretty much a fast walk. Now it's 4-5 miles a day.

It was easy for me though in the fact that I competed with myself ferociously. I also wore a heart rate monitor and demanded that my HR was constantly in the upper 150's to 160's. Gradually I had to go faster and faster, then longer and longer to accomplish that. It worked brilliantly though for me. I didn't even realize what was going on.

Its good to get a cardiovascular workout but it doesn't sound like a good idea to get your HR that high. the healthier you are the more you can do and your heartrate stays lower. they say athletes can play basketball and their heartrate will be in the upper 60 and lower 70. The healthier you are the more you should be able to do and keep your heartrate at a slower pace. Mine shoots up when I do exercise or run, I know I am unhealthy although you wouldn't think it by looking at me.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Actually, fat burning occurs at 120+ From there, you get into cardio training mode at 150. Anything over about 168 and my heart starts to flutter. I don't let it go over 163-165 and it's fine for me.

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I started seriously jogging about 2 weeks ago. I'd been intermittently doing a mile here and there before then. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy it as long as there's no competitive part to it. I'm on the cool running plan thing and just did my first 90/90 3 minute/3 minute day. Wasn't easy, but I feel like I accomplished something. I should be up to 3 miles by the first of may.

I do it outside. I'm not a gym person. At all.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Actually, fat burning occurs at 120+ From there, you get into cardio training mode at 150. Anything over about 168 and my heart starts to flutter. I don't let it go over 163-165 and it's fine for me.

hmmm, I didn't know this, I get kinda scared when it feels like my heart is beating out my chest.

luv
03-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Its good to get a cardiovascular workout but it doesn't sound like a good idea to get your HR that high. the healthier you are the more you can do and your heartrate stays lower. they say athletes can play basketball and their heartrate will be in the upper 60 and lower 70. The healthier you are the more you should be able to do and keep your heartrate at a slower pace. Mine shoots up when I do exercise or run, I know I am unhealthy although you wouldn't think it by looking at me.

You have to get your heartrate up in order to build endurance. The more you do it, the eaiser it gets, thus your heartrate doesn't get as high doing the same activity as it did the first time you did it.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
You have to get your heartrate up in order to build indurance. The more you do it, the eaiser it gets, thus your heartrate doesn't get as high doing the same activity as it did the first time you did it.

hmmm I see.

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Easy breezy?
It still takes effort, but it's doable. There's no way in hell I ever quit without it.

I loved the act of smoking, but honestly I hated everything else about it. That hate helped me along quite a bit.

CHANTIX is probably what you are thinking about. I've got a friend that is doing it and they have the wildest dreams in the world...
I heard a lot about the dreams, but they weren't really an issue with me. They seemed a bit more vivid and weird at first, but it tapered off quickly.

Skinny non smokers are going to rule the world when all you people die.
Ha! I'm one of them now!

luv
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I do it outside. I'm not a gym person. At all.

I hate going to a gym. I use the treadmill and elliptical machine here at 5:45 each morning. There's another girl that gets in there at 6:15, and I like to have two miles in before she gets in there. Some people say that seeig thin people at the gym motivates them. They only make me feel worse about myself. Sure, I like disussing working out and such, but I hate working out with people.

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Skinny non smokers are going to rule the world when all you people die.The rest of us will eat you long before that happens. And I don't mean in that way you like.

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 06:49 PM
I hate going to a gym. I use the treadmill and elliptical machine here at 5:45 each morning. There's another girl that gets in there at 6:15, and I like to have two miles in before she gets in there. Some people say that seeig thin people at the gym motivates them. They only make me feel worse about myself. Sure, I like disussing working out and such, but I hate working out with people.I used to be a pretty serious athlete. I didn't like gyms any more then than I do now.

Not a people person.

Shocking I know.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 06:49 PM
I hate going to a gym. I use the treadmill and elliptical machine here at 5:45 each morning. There's another girl that gets in there at 6:15, and I like to have two miles in before she gets in there. Some people say that seeig thin people at the gym motivates them. They only make me feel worse about myself. Sure, I like disussing working out and such, but I hate working out with people.

Same. I will say this though, as self conscious as I was when I first started going to a gym, the satisfaction was great after seeing the same people every day for months and seeing the respect they had for me increase every day. It was empowering.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I used to be a pretty serious athlete. I didn't like gyms any more then than I do now.

Not a people person.

Shocking I know.

I am not a people person either, I like the quiet comforts of home, I don't even like people to come visit me. I used to go to a gym but now I wouldn't go if I had a free membership from here I know I wouldn't go. I would like to have a good old fashion workbench at home with the leg bar, I used one of those for a while and it done wonders.

Dave Lane
03-10-2009, 06:55 PM
hmmm, I didn't know this, I get kinda scared when it feels like my heart is beating out my chest.

Well there's times that's kinda a good thing...

Skip Towne
03-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Do you get to leave for lunch or do you have to eat that nasty hospital food?

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Neither. She smokes a pack. It's all the nourishment she needs.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Do you get to leave for lunch or do you have to eat that nasty hospital food?

we order out sometimes and sometimes I bring my lunch. the cafeteria is closed by the time I get here , but we do have a subway thats open till 11:30.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Neither. She smokes a pack. It's all the nourishment she needs.

I love all dairy food. Oh and a pack a day.

Katipan
03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
The rest of us will eat you long before that happens. And I don't mean in that way you like.

Between dying of smoke inhalation and going through a bad few (15) years dating guys that smoked, I smoke what I smoke now to stave off the lung cancer.

keg in kc
03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Between dying of smoke inhalation and going through a bad few (15) years dating guys that smoked, I smoke what I smoke now to stave off the lung cancer.My ex-wife smoked. We were together for something like 7 or 8 years. I don't think it's on that long starter list of things I made on whatever dating thread that was, but "Must not smoke" is pretty fucking high up there. It's disgusting.

Iowanian
03-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Ask the people working the morgue who they see more often. Fatties or smokers.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Ask the people working the morgue who they see more often. Fatties or smokers.

that would be a good question. I can't say for certain it would be smokers.

L.A. Chieffan
03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
You can always be thinner, look better.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 08:32 PM
You can always be thinner, look better.

I don't want to be thinner.

L.A. Chieffan
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I don't want to be thinner.

of course you don't. where do you tan?

Katipan
03-10-2009, 08:36 PM
My ex-wife smoked. We were together for something like 7 or 8 years. I don't think it's on that long starter list of things I made on whatever dating thread that was, but "Must not smoke" is pretty ****ing high up there. It's disgusting.

It's nice to never have to wait for my someone to finish a damn cigarette. So irritating how so much of a smoker's daily life revolves around the logistics of the purchase and consumption of cigarettes.

My clothes not smelling like smoke is a bonus but my favorite thing I'll never miss is that God awful lung horking smokers cough.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
of course you don't. where do you tan?

at a place called tropical tans. why?

L.A. Chieffan
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
at a place called tropical tans. why?

ive got one at home, you should look into it.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
ive got one at home, you should look into it.

I don't tan year round, I get a good tan and then only go a couple of time a week then I quit tanning about august and don't start back till april, I get a pretty good deal where I go if I pay by the month.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Surprisingly enough my insurance will pay for my Chantix. I can't lose.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Surprisingly enough my insurance will pay for my Chantix. I can't lose.

well that give me hope that mine will pay also.:clap:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 08:59 PM
well that give me hope that mine will pay also.:clap:

People who work in health care tend to have the best, most affordable health care on the planet. Only politicians do better.

badgirl
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
People who work in health care tend to have the best, most affordable health care on the planet. Only politicians do better.

I must say my insurance is pretty good I only pay 27.00 bi-weekly for medical and dental, I recently found if I end up having back surgery I have a 100. dollar copay and then it will pay 100 percent. I have no complaints, but it depends on the price of the medication on how much they will pay.

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 09:06 PM
So irritating how so much of a smoker's daily life revolves around the logistics of the purchase and consumption of cigarettes.
A-fucking-men to that, it's absolute insanity. It just shows how much the power the damn things have.

luv
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
A-fucking-men to that, it's absolute insanity. It just shows how much the power the damn things have.

But you overcame it. :clap:

Bugeater
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
But you overcame it. :clap:
You're giving me way too much credit, all I did was make the decision.

The drugs did the rest for me. :)

Pioli Zombie
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
I think the key question is of these two types of people, which one is more likely to end Claythans virginity?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
yep, same goes for guys. It seems both my xhusbands were in good shape when I married them and by the time we divorced they were pretty hefty and then after we divorced they lost back down to about where they were before, I didn't understand that.

You know there is a thread on here for people to lose weight, we should start one for people to quit smoking although we don't have anyway to prove what we are saying.

ha, you're the female phobia. you make your husbands fatter.

acasas4
03-11-2009, 10:53 AM
http://www.youmail.com/community/greetingView.do?id=3064

htismaqe
03-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Damn.

It thought this was going to be a "smoke to lose weight!" thread...

mikeyis4dcats.
03-11-2009, 11:24 AM
The do in fact directly affect me when I am having to do things for them like pulling them up in the bed and making sure their oxygen is doing its job cause a lot of obese people have to sleep with bi-pap or a c-pap and they have a lot of trouble breathing directly related to their weight.

Oh cry me a river....THAT'S YOUR JOB AS A NURSE. You blame fat people for making you do your job. Do you blame cancer victims and car accident victims too?

Cannibal
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
If they are going to tax cigarettes with a "sin" tax. They should start measuring cholesterol and then people with high cholesterol get to pay additional taxes. They should also start forcing the lardasses to exercise and if you can't pass the PT exams, you get to pay additional taxes.

Mr. Krab
03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
The do in fact directly affect me when I am having to do things for them like pulling them up in the bed and making sure their oxygen is doing its job cause a lot of obese people have to sleep with bi-pap or a c-pap and they have a lot of trouble breathing directly related to their weight.Every sick person effects you directly, you're a nurse.

StcChief
03-11-2009, 11:52 AM
She was still in the 7th grade.LMAO

StcChief
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
I think the key question is of these two types of people, which one is more likely to end Claythans virginity?
Posted via Mobile DeviceThe smoker.... he will be lucky and get pole smoked too.

Jilly
03-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Apparently the key to all this, as one of my colleagues who is painfully passionate about the subject informed me, is high fructose corn syrup. They key to curing American obesity is to eliminate this substance from our products so that convenient sugary and fatty foods are more expensive then natural foods.

Jilly
03-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Everything relates back to sex for you, doesn't it??!!!!!

Katipan
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Apparently the key to all this, as one of my colleagues who is painfully passionate about the subject informed me, is high fructose corn syrup. They key to curing American obesity is to eliminate this substance from our products so that convenient sugary and fatty foods are more expensive then natural foods.

But it's in my favorite brand of candy cigarettes!

Jilly
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
But it's in my favorite brand of candy cigarettes!

NO!!!!! Not the Round Ups!!!!!!

PastorMikH
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
I do know that whenever I spend all day running the smoker, I always overeat when the smoked meat is done.

ziggysocki
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I quit smoking after I saw my 5 year old pretending to smoke. I grew up with chain smoking trailer trash parents who couldn't afford new shoes for my brothers and I, but always had some Busch heavy and a pack off Kool. I thought to myself am I so weak that I can't keep myself from picking up a cigarette and put it in my mouth. Answer: NO. I quit. That was about 5 years ago, after about 10 years of pack a day habit.

Being fat (medical conditions aside), is simple as hell. Caloric Intake < Caloric Expenditure = Weight Loss. Conversely; Caloric Intake < Caloric Expenditure = FAT ASS.

I quit smoking, took up running... now I feel better than I ever have, best shape I have ever been in... and all because I CHOSE TO. Just my humble opinion. You don't want to smoke, don't smoke. You don't want to be a fat ass, don't eat every sweet comfort food you see and get outside.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I quit smoking after I saw my 5 year old pretending to smoke. I grew up with chain smoking trailer trash parents who couldn't afford new shoes for my brothers and I, but always had some Busch heavy and a pack off Kool. I thought to myself am I so weak that I can't keep myself from picking up a cigarette and put it in my mouth. Answer: NO. I quit. That was about 5 years ago, after about 10 years of pack a day habit.

Being fat (medical conditions aside), is simple as hell. Caloric Intake < Caloric Expenditure = Weight Loss. Conversely; Caloric Intake < Caloric Expenditure = FAT ASS.

I quit smoking, took up running... now I feel better than I ever have, best shape I have ever been in... and all because I CHOSE TO. Just my humble opinion. You don't want to smoke, don't smoke. You don't want to be a fat ass, don't eat every sweet comfort food you see and get outside.

It's not polite, nor nice, nor sympathetic, but it's absolutely correct.

Signed,

A fat smoker

Valiant
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM

Well fat people are driving up the cost of insurance and using more of it up.. Of course the only way to get rid of really fat people are to mock them like we do smokers or maybe have a different section for them..

tooge
03-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I dont want either of them sitting in the seat next to me on a plane. So, I guess I want them to ban the obese to the Fatass section of the restaurant or plane. "Table for 4, non fatass please?"

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 01:39 PM
I think I've gone from being an overeater to an undereater. This week I've eaten oatmeal for breakfast, an orange and an apple during the day, and salad at night, with the exception of a scrambling 2 eggs/1 white, 4 links of turkey sausage and an english muffin yesterday morning.

I'm waiting for my body to tell me it's time to binge.

luv
03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I think I've gone from being an overeater to an undereater. This week I've eaten oatmeal for breakfast, an orange and an apple during the day, and salad at night, with the exception of a scrambling 2 eggs/1 white, 4 links of turkey sausage and an english muffin yesterday morning.

I'm waiting for my body to tell me it's time to binge.

I haven't eaten much lately, either. Just haven't been hungry. I'm down another pound and a half!

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 01:43 PM
I haven't been hungry either. Feel fine, plenty of energy. Not sure what's going on.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Well fat people are driving up the cost of insurance and using more of it up.. Of course the only way to get rid of really fat people are to mock them like we do smokers or maybe have a different section for them..

Oh yeah, there's a new one. Mock fat people. Brilliant. I can't believe no one has ever thought of that before..........

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh yeah, there's a new one. Mock fat people. Brilliant. I can't believe no one has ever thought of that before..........

P.S - It worked with the blacks.

ziggysocki
03-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Hahaha lol! Make fun of fat people! It never even occurred to me... Chiefs Planet found it burst!

Katipan
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I haven't been hungry either. Feel fine, plenty of energy. Not sure what's going on.

Lay off the coke, baby

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Lay off the coke, babyNo coke enters this temple of eros, not even the bubbly kind. Unless there's alcohol mixed in, and I haven't had a drink in months.

luv
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM

I think Baby Lee said it best whenever he said that one has to hate their fat self enough to do something about it. The whole world can make fun of me, but if I don't come to hate that part of me, then I won't do anything about it.

LTL
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM

The hospital I work at has their own insurance and I know they pay for any smoking cessation things the employees want. You have to go through smoking cessation class to get any of it, unless it's during the smokeout period in November then they just had that stuff out.

From the people I know that have used Chantix that has been the most effective, they tried the patch and other things with no sucess, but for some reason Chantix worked. Have yet to meet someone that hasn't quit with it.

Katipan
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
No coke enters this temple of eros, not even the bubbly kind. Unless there's alcohol mixed in, and I haven't had a drink in months.

You have more discipline than I. I am a diet coke addict.

We went on a Jager binge during Christmas. We got quite a few bottles as gifts but I swear we could not get drunk. So we said fuck it... Habitual drinking ended. Now I only drink if we are going out with the intention of drinking... Ala a party or a UFC fight. That's maybe once a month.

I never thought drinking effected my weight until I stopped.

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
You have more discipline than I. I am a diet coke addict.I might have a soda every couple of weeks. Sometimes I have a weak spot for root beer. Usually when I go out to eat I get iced tea if I can.I never thought drinking effected my weight until I stopped.I'm not so fortunate. I basically quit drinking after my divorce, and gave up soda around the same time. I sometimes go through soda binges, but they get fewer and farther between as time passes. Anyway, now that I'm actually trying to lose weight, I don't get that free drop in poundage that people get when they switch to water and drop the alcohol.

Although lately I've been thinking about taking a shot or two of knob creek before writing, just to help me relax. It's a real fight for me. The writing, I mean. I do everything I can think of to resist doing it.

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
You know, I'm having a real hard time focusing this week. I wonder if that's food-related. I've spent more time posting at work than I have actually doing work.

angelo
03-11-2009, 03:03 PM
There are 2 types of people

Live to Eat

Eat to Live

Those that live to eat derive a pleasure from food similar to opiates. At least in my case it is that way.

Those that eat to live do not think twice about there food other than it fills their stomach.

My entire life has revolved around food in one way or another.

In my family you did not say "how was your day" you asked "Have you eaten".

I was 35 years old smoked three packs a day and weighed 330 lbs at 5'8

The only thing anyone ever said to me was please quit smoking.

I quit (cold turkey) and gained 60 more lbs

This year I decided to change change my thinking when it comes to food.
I now eat 6-7 small meals a day and swim for 40 minutes every morning (that is 1400 yards)
By April I hope to be at a mile or 1 hour.

Since january I have lost 33 lbs

I have good days and bad.

I don't know if I will be able to get down to 200 lbs but I was able to quit smoking so who knows.

Ang

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2009, 03:05 PM
You're a fucking pimp Ang. Keep it up bud.

luv
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM

Live to Eat

Eat to Live

Those that live to eat derive a pleasure from food similar to opiates. At least in my case it is that way.

Those that eat to live do not think twice about there food other than it fills their stomach.

I now eat 6-7 small meals a day and swim for 40 minutes every morning (that is 1400 yards)

I don't know if I will be able to get down to 200 lbs but I was able to quit smoking so who knows.

Ang

Wow. Keep up the good work. If you ever need support, make sure to check out this thread, if you haven't already.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198776

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Keep up the good fight ang.

Fire Me Boy!
03-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I've kinda stopped losing weight, and my caloric intake is still sittign around 1200 or under. Honestly not sure what to do. Trying to exercise more, so we'll see. But I'm still eating really well and the weight has all out stopped dropping.

Very discouraging.

Overall, 34 pounds since Jan. 1, but basically nothing in the last 2 weeks.

Bugeater
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM

Live to Eat

Eat to Live

Ang

Holy crap, 3 packs of cigs/day is over $400/mo. I'm right there with you on the "live to eat" thing though, thank God for my high metabolism.

angelo
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I've kinda stopped losing weight, and my caloric intake is still sittign around 1200 or under. Honestly not sure what to do. Trying to exercise more, so we'll see. But I'm still eating really well and the weight has all out stopped dropping.

Very discouraging.

Change what you are eating and change your workout.
That might help.

You will plateau often if you are try to lose a large amount of weight.

You just have to work through it.

Ang

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I'd say ang is right, you've plateaued, time to shake things up.

God, 1200 calories a day. That's like a good appetizer for me.

Fire Me Boy!
03-11-2009, 03:56 PM
I'd say ang is right, you've plateaued, time to shake things up.

God, 1200 calories a day. That's like a good appetizer for me.

I'm eating a pretty good amount of lower-calorie/good for you foods, so I really don't get that hungry ever.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm eating a pretty good amount of lower-calorie/good for you foods, so I really don't get that hungry ever.

Bingo. I could put almost anyone here on a 1500 calorie diet that they would struggle to eat every day.

Fire Me Boy!
03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Bingo. I could put almost anyone here on a 1500 calorie diet that they would struggle to eat every day.

It's really not that hard.

luv
03-11-2009, 04:00 PM

Very discouraging.

Overall, 34 pounds since Jan. 1, but basically nothing in the last 2 weeks.

Fiber.

Fire Me Boy!
03-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Fiber.

Huh?

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Bingo. I could put almost anyone here on a 1500 calorie diet that they would struggle to eat every day.Inspired by Jared, I'm starting the DQ diet. One large blizzard a day.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Inspired by Jared, I'm starting the DQ diet. One large blizzard a day.

Awesome. Just spread it out over 10-12 small meals. Oh, and blend some chicken in it.

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with me. Normally talking about DQ would have me craving DQ.

luv
03-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Huh?

Make sure you're getting enough dietary fiber. Your body has to work harder to digest it.

joesomebody
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
CHANTIX is probably what you are thinking about. I've got a friend that is doing it and they have the wildest dreams in the world...About 7 years ago I tried one of the anti-smoking scripts, and I became an insomniac. I had tons of energy, was working out like a maniac, couldn't sleep more than 3 or 4 hours a day and when I did I had the craziest dreams.

It really did help me quit smoking, however I picked it up again about 8 months later. Someone offered me a cigar at a bar, and being an idiot I accepted. That cigar led me to smoking cigars like crazy, so finally I decided that cigarettes would be cheaper. Been smoking like crazy again ever since.

Maybe I'll try Chantix, pretty sure that wasn't the one I was on, but it sounds very similar.

angelo
03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Holy crap, 3 packs of cigs/day is over $400/mo. I'm right there with you on the "live to eat" thing though, thank God for my high metabolism.

All the money my wife and I save goes to charity.
We pick one a year and make a sizable donation at the end of the year.
approx $4000 a year
It helps the little urchins.
Karma Payback

Ang

joesomebody
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Bingo. I could put almost anyone here on a 1500 calorie diet that they would struggle to eat every day.Yeah but how expensive is the food and how much work is it to cook this food? I'm not all that overweight, I'm 5'8 and weigh 175, but would love to get back down to 160 or so.

I can't afford most of the food that is good for you and most of it takes forever to prepare.

As to quitting smoking, that'd be great. Don't see it happening, but it would be great. Maybe I'll make an appointment to try Chantix though. I need to start swimming again. Great exercise, though it always makes me hungry as hell.

luv
03-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah but how expensive is the food and how much work is it to cook this food? I'm not all that overweight, I'm 5'8 and weigh 175, but would love to get back down to 160 or so.

I can't afford most of the food that is good for you and most of it takes forever to prepare.

As to quitting smoking, that'd be great. Don't see it happening, but it would be great. Maybe I'll make an appointment to try Chantix though. I need to start swimming again. Great exercise, though it always makes me hungry as hell.

Do you eat out? If you can afford to eat out, then you can afford healthy food.

angelo
03-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah but how expensive is the food and how much work is it to cook this food? I'm not all that overweight, I'm 5'8 and weigh 175, but would love to get back down to 160 or so.

It is expense to eat healthy.
That is why we have an obesity epidemic in this country.
The salad bar is 4-5 dollars a pound verse the dollar menu at Mac Devils.

It is all about the man wanting fat cattle.

Ang

Brock
03-11-2009, 04:46 PM
It is expense to eat healthy.
That is why we have an obesity epidemic in this country.
The salad bar is 4-5 dollars a pound verse the dollar menu at Mac Devils.

It is all about the man wanting fat cattle.

Ang

Salad bars are expensive. The things to make salads out of are not.

joesomebody
03-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Do you eat out? If you can afford to eat out, then you can afford healthy food.Name some healthy food that I can get full and satisfied off of for the same price of two mcdoubles at McDonanlds...

I really don't eat out at anywhere expensive more than once a month. However, McDonald's dollar menu on the way home is an every other day type of thing.

joesomebody
03-11-2009, 04:56 PM
What are some good sources of fiber btw? I eat instant oatmeal for breakfast everyday, does that have much fiber? I've been trying to eat that yogurt with fiber in it, but it's so damn expensive.

Fire Me Boy!
03-11-2009, 04:58 PM
What are some good sources of fiber btw? I eat instant oatmeal for breakfast everyday, does that have much fiber? I've been trying to eat that yogurt with fiber in it, but it's so damn expensive.

Switch to whole grain rice and breads.

Brock
03-11-2009, 04:59 PM

how bout an apple

luv
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Name some healthy food that I can get full and satisfied off of for the same price of two mcdoubles at McDonanlds...

I really don't eat out at anywhere expensive more than once a month. However, McDonald's dollar menu on the way home is an every other day type of thing.

I just came home, prepared two tilapia fillets, a serving of rice, and ate it. Took about 25 minutes to fix. Follow the directions on the box of instant whole grain brown rice, season the filets and put them in the oven for 15 minutes. I can't remember how much the box of fish was that I got, but it's lasted me a while. Box of rice is a few dollars, and a lasts a long time too. I switched to whole wheat bread instead of white. I also munch on baby carrots instead of chips.

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Salad bars are expensive. The things to make salads out of are not.I'm lazy enough to buy bagged salad. Enough for a salad every day runs $5-6 a week. Throw in a half dozen oranges, a half dozen apples, some other fruit (grapes, strawberries, whatever's on sale at the time...) and vegetables (carrots, celery) and you can get a lot to eat without spending a ton. Unless you go organic, in which case you might want some vaseline to make it easier on yourself.

The expense comes in when you buy that shit and go to mcdonalds anyway.

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 05:07 PM
how bout an appleI quit drinking orange juice and started eating an orange every morning. Not as much fiber as an apple, but more than juice.

luv
03-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I quit drinking orange juice and started eating an orange every morning. Not as much fiber as an apple, but more than juice.

If you're counting calories, fruit can have a lot, but not as many or as bad as drinking fruit juices.

luv
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Just looked on the bag of baby carrots I'm snacking on. Per 14 pieces, there are 35 calories, 65mg of sodium, 270mg of potassium, 8g of carbs (2g of which is dietary fiber), and 1g of protein.

keg in kc
03-11-2009, 05:14 PM
If you're counting calories, fruit can have a lot, but not as many or as bad as drinking fruit juices.I don't count calories. I just prefer to go for raw food like an apple over something processed, regardless of the calories involved.

joesomebody
03-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Switch to whole grain rice and breads.Already go with whole grain bread. Don't eat much rice. /sigh I guess I'll try and get in shape. Wish I hadn't missed the boat on the biggest loser challenge KC.

luv
03-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Already go with whole grain bread. Don't eat much rice. /sigh I guess I'll try and get in shape. Wish I hadn't missed the boat on the biggest loser challenge KC.

Never too late to jump on. May not be for prizes, but it's a good thread to get support and ask for diet/exercise tips.

joesomebody
03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Never too late to jump on. May not be for prizes, but it's a good thread to get support and ask for diet/exercise tips.I don't want to work out :mad: Ok I do. :thumb: I don't :mad:

luv
03-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't want to work out :mad: Ok I do. :thumb: I don't :mad:

This is the argument I have with myself every morning when my alarm goes off.

whoman69
03-11-2009, 09:22 PM

That's what the tobacco companies tried to pass, funding research to prove cigarrettes are healthy for you.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2009, 09:25 PM

And I'm going to eat an apple.

And I just won't eat at all.

I'm gonna PUKE UP SOME STUFF!

Hammock Parties
03-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Of course the only way to get rid of really fat people are to mock them

It worked for me! :)