MMXcalibur
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

Source: Cutler, Broncos further apart
Comment Email Print Share
By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com
Archive

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday.

----------------------

Sorry if repost....

Sam Hall
03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Source: Cutler, Broncos further apart

By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com
Archive

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

L.A. Chieffan
03-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Cutler on Conference Call: (Taps head with shoe) "Hear that? Can you guess what it is? That was my skull! I'm so wasted!"

FAX
This is just awesome.

FAX

talastan
Jake Plummer v2.0 - How long till Cutler flips off Denver? ;)

L.A. Chieffan
(Taps head with shoe) "Hear that? Can you guess what it is? That was my skull! I'm so wasted!"

Dayze
exxxcellent. / Mr. Burns

Sam Hall
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Jay doesn't like Philip Rivers

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rn_oIwQeklg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rn_oIwQeklg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SAUTO
didnt cutler ask for a trade first?

Iowanian
Find Cutler's email and lets carpet bomb him with pictures of Cassel, and statements about his own coach wanting the QB who will be kicking his ass twice per year from KC.

L.A. Chieffan
03-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Jay doesn't like Philip Rivers

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rn_oIwQeklg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rn_oIwQeklg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

those guys are fags!

Hammock Parties
03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
this is sooooooooo freaking awesome

Ultra Peanut
03-10-2009, 08:41 PM
I love this game!

Pioli Zombie
03-10-2009, 08:41 PM
8-8 Jay Cutler demands his respect
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Tell Bowlen that the Chiefs will trade Larry Johnson for Jay Cutler... and use him as a backup.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHA LMAO

This is so delicious

SAUTO
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
this is sooooooooo freaking awesome

clay can you get me a link to something that said cutler asked for a trade first? or do you know where i could find one? i'vw got a donk fan who says cutler never thought about being traded before they tried and i say otherwise

KcMizzou
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
clay can you get me a link to something that said cutler asked for a trade first? or do you know where i could find one? i'vw got a donk fan who says cutler never thought about being traded before they tried and i say otherwisePersonally I don't care whether he did or not.

The fallout has been pretty sweet.

BigRock
03-10-2009, 08:45 PM
L
O
L

beach tribe
03-10-2009, 08:47 PM
What a great off-season.

Bwana
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
LMAO

DeezNutz
03-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Denver, tell us how our asses taste.

Sam Hall
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Denver, tell us how our asses taste.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iBh5dvSbgLM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iBh5dvSbgLM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kc rush
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Love it.

I'd still trade Cassel to them then flip Cutler for another team's first (if all parties are still interested). Barring that, watching the donks implode is sweet.

KcMizzou
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
It's looking more and more likely that Pioli not only got us a QB, but cost Denver theirs, in one fell swoop. Do not **** with The Don.

DeezNutz
03-10-2009, 08:56 PM
I'd rather have Cutler. No question.

But if having Cassel means that Denver is a fucking mess, that's a pretty sweet consolation prize.

ChiefsCountry
03-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I got it, we will trade them Cassel for Cutler & their first round pick. Then deal Cutler to the Bucs for their first round pick. Draft Sanchez, Maualuga, and Hayward-Bey. Pioli looks like a genius then. :)

Pioli Zombie
03-10-2009, 09:00 PM
LJ and #3 for Cutler. Then trade Cutler to 49ers for their first and second.

Overall you've traded #3, #34 and LJ for #10, #41, Cassel and Vrabel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
This is one helluva donkey show.

RealSNR
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
LJ and #3 for Cutler. Then trade Cutler to 49ers for their first and second.

Overall you've traded #3, #34 and LJ for #10, #41, Cassel and Vrabel.
Posted via Mobile DeviceCutler's not worth that much

leviw
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
"Source" = Cutler

The Bad Guy
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
If I'm the Bucs and the 49ers, I'm on the phone every hour offering my first rounder, plus a 3rd for Cutler and a 4th.

Stinger
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Denver Post: Cutler unsure if he'll report Monday

Broncos' talk with Cutler goes sour
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and announced through a team spokesman last week that Cutler would not be traded. Period. And the statement added McDaniels and Cutler would meet this week, after Cutler returns from Nashville.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256

Buehler445
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

DIE DUNGVER :bang: :bang: :bang:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Why do I liken McDaniels and Cutler to a modern day Wally and Beaver?

Simply Red
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Cutler on Conference Call: (Taps head with shoe) "Hear that? Can you guess what it is? That was my skull! I'm so wasted!"

:LOL:

Pioli Zombie
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Someone needs to remind Cutler he's never won more than 8 games.
Posted via Mobile Device

88TG88
03-10-2009, 09:11 PM
That makes me feel much better.

SBK
03-10-2009, 09:11 PM
LMAO

Sam Hall
03-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Wants to know what the hell his former team is doing

HemiEd
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Excellent

StcChief
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Wants to know what the hell his former team is doingrelaxing comfortably in his 33K sq.ft mansion sipping Merlot and laughing at the clowns.

Denver in disarray.... offseason just keeps getting better.

JOhn
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
It's looking more and more likely that Pioli not only got us a QB, but cost Denver theirs, in one fell swoop. Do not **** with The Don.

LMAO

Man this is sweet. I love listning to all the Donkie fans implode around here

Delano
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
"Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday."

McDaniels is earning respect!

FAX
03-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Cutler is unbelievable. Has he ever had a winning season as a quarterback?

FAX

FAX
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
... The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday.

Man, I hope he doesn't make it on Monday. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't. Cutler is just one more NFLarina going boom.

Who do the goats have as their number two?

FAX

ChiefRon
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
This is priceless. Money can't buy this shit.

ChiefRon
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I got it, we will trade them Cassel for Cutler & their first round pick. Then deal Cutler to the Bucs for their first round pick. Draft Sanchez, Maualuga, and Hayward-Bey. Pioli looks like a genius then. :)

Wow, I would be floored and stoked

DeezNutz
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Man, I hope he doesn't make it on Monday. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't. Cutler is just one more NFLarina going boom.

FAX

P. Ramsey, I believe.

Which isn't too shabby as #2's go to my belief tonight. Toodles.

Edit: Oops. Too bad I was wrong.

orange
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM

FAX

Chris Simms. Newly signed.

P. Ramsey, I believe.

Which isn't too shabby as #2's go to my belief tonight. Toodles.

Ramsey's gone.

Rain Man
03-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Is Cutler a certifiable moron? This is hilarious.

We should definitely trade them Cassel for a steeply inflated price.

Direckshun
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
The Broncos will start Chase Daniel next year.

Delano
03-10-2009, 09:57 PM
The Broncos will start Chase Daniel next year.

You are dragging around Reerun's signature like a cat drags a turd with a long piece of tinsel inside.

CaliforniaChief
03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
This has me so entertained that even if Cassel busts as our starter, it would almost still be a good investment of a 2nd round pick to jettison Denver's QBOTF. Nice.

KcMizzou
03-10-2009, 10:03 PM
This has me so entertained that even if Cassel busts as our starter, it would almost still be a good investment of a 2nd round pick to jettison Denver's QBOTF. Nice.Eh... our guy's gotta work out for us. Denver losing their guy is gravy. NOT the other way around.

Success for the Chiefs >>> Demise of the Broncos.

DeezNutz
03-10-2009, 10:04 PM

Yikes.

morphius
03-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Couldn't happen to a better franchise.

58kcfan89
03-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Eh... our guy's gotta work out for us. Denver losing their guy is gravy. NOT the other way around.

Success of the Chiefs >>> Demise of the Broncos.

This. But getting Donkoland to collapse on itself is more production than we've ever gotten out of a 2nd rounder.

Reerun_KC
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
You are dragging around Reerun's signature like a cat drags a turd with a long piece of tinsel inside.

Who says I didnt copy it from him? :shrug:

KcMizzou
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Couldn't happen to a better franchise.You could make an argument for the Raiders, if they didn't already suck without any help.

orange
03-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Yikes.

The perfect team for him. Since they have a Doctor of Internal Medicine on the full time staff anyway.

DeezNutz
03-10-2009, 10:13 PM
The perfect team for him. Since they have a Doctor of Internal Medicine on the full time staff anyway.

LMAO

KCrockaholic
03-10-2009, 10:27 PM
This is Awesome! I love it when Donkeys are having trouble, and I get to live with them here in Colorado, and watch them suffer! mwahahaha.

Denver Dave
03-10-2009, 10:41 PM

Fuck Simms. Go Darnell Hackney. A poor man's David Garrard.

orange
03-10-2009, 10:43 PM
**** Simms. Go Darnell Hackney. A poor man's David Garrard.

David Garrard is a poor man's David Garrard.

wazu
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Somebody will slap some sense into Cutler, he'll find Jesus, and be their QB for the next 15 years. I'm not being pessimistic here, I just can't see any other realistic option.

|Zach|
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM

LMAO

Denver Dave
03-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Somebody will slap some sense into Cutler, he'll find Jesus, and be their QB for the next 15 years. I'm not being pessimistic here, I just can't see any other realistic option.

I agree. In Williamson's story, he mentioned Bowlen has reiniterated that Cutler is not going anywhere.

On the flip side, Bowlen also said Shanahan was his coach for life so take that for what it's worth.

orange
03-10-2009, 10:48 PM

There were apparently five people on that conference call - Bowlen, Xanders, Danielson, Cutler, and Bus Cook (Cutler's agent).

Who do you think the "source" for this article was?

I've said from the first day that this whole thing smells like a contract ploy, and after this I'm more convinced than ever.

"After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term."

What exactly does that underlined phrase mean if not "more money?"

Denver Dave
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM

ROFL

DeezNutz
03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
There were apparently five people on that conference call - Bowlen, Xanders, Danielson, Cutler, and Bus Cook (Cutler's agent).

Who do you think the "source" for this article was?

I've said from the first day that this whole thing smells like a contract ploy, and after this I'm more convinced than ever.

"After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term."

"Bend over," would seem to be more accurate.

orange
03-10-2009, 10:52 PM

"Bend over," would seem to be more accurate.

That's what they call "a distinction without a difference."

DeezNutz
03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
That's what they call "a distinction without a difference."

When the palms of your hands touch knees or ankles, there's a difference, and not a fine one.

Yeah, he's saying "more money," but he's not saying "please."

RINGLEADER
03-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Donkey KONG'D!

J Diddy
03-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Cutler reminds me of the dick bag qb who was the starting qb in the replacements.

cdcox
03-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Headlines to look forward to:

Cuterler situation has gone form "irreconcilable to toxic".

Culter situation has gone from 'toxic to just a bit beyond armageddon".

Hammock Parties
03-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Headlines to look forward to:

Cuterler situation has gone form "irreconcilable to toxic".

Culter situation has gone from 'toxic to just a bit beyond armageddon".

"Chiefs Deal Cassel To Broncos For Cutler and 1st rounder"

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Fuck Simms. Go Darnell Hackney. A poor man's David Garrard.His name is Darrell, and he's the spawn of Satan.

skky man
03-11-2009, 01:12 AM
AFC WEST CHAMPS! The ingredients are all there!

1. AL Davis is still running the raiders
2. Norv's talented core that he was left is wearing out and his HC ablility will take care of the rest.

skky man
03-11-2009, 01:16 AM
the west is opening up more and more everyday! Al's still in charge, Norv's talent core he as left with is wearing out and his HC ability will take care of the rest, and the new regime in denver tripped the self destruct button on their way in the front door!

Denver Dave
03-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Our whiskey guzzlin, good ole boy from Nashville will beat the shit out of your pretty boy USC QB. It's on bitches!!!

The_Doctor10
03-11-2009, 02:43 AM
ROFL

How do you pull off 40 posts and have as much red on your rep as Claythan?

Mile High Mania
03-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Cutler is unbelievable. Has he ever had a winning season as a quarterback?

FAX

This is a mess and it didn't have to happen, but to address your "Cutler is a loser" stance... and yes, I'm still beating this drum, but you have to point to the defense for blame as well.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/3/9/787040/interesting-stats-on-cutle

It's tough to win games when your defense averages 30+ a game.

orange
03-11-2009, 03:53 AM
His name is Darrell, and he's the spawn of Satan.

Having never actually seen him play, I just googled him and found a highlight video.

Interesting. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3204328089766971084

Fritz88
03-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Josh made a grave mistake. But I would also attribute some of the aggravation to Cutler's immaturity. Shanhan said many times that Cutler is a little outspoken and it could fire back at him.

MMXcalibur
03-11-2009, 04:48 AM
Our whiskey guzzlin, good ole boy from Nashville will beat the shit out of your pretty boy USC QB. It's on bitches!!!

I don't think we play Minnesota or Tampa Bay this season.......:hmmm:

the Talking Can
03-11-2009, 04:51 AM
Denver's HC wants our QB.

ha ha

the Talking Can
03-11-2009, 04:56 AM
McDaniels asked Cutler to wear a "Cassel mask" during workouts.

Crush
03-11-2009, 05:24 AM

Absolutely beautiful.

beach tribe
03-11-2009, 05:47 AM
McDaniels asked Cutler to wear a "Cassel mask" during workouts.

:LOL:LMAO:clap:

Kerberos
03-11-2009, 05:50 AM
I'm still looking for the Taco John post that defends Denver Brass or Jake Utler?

Either one should be comedy gold on here.

Hey "Bob is your information minister" Fill us in on the state of the "Mane" right now?

Hammock Parties
03-11-2009, 05:59 AM
The Mane is in a state of Civil War. Taco doesn't seem to really be defending anyone, just realizing that DOOM awaits either Cutler or McDaniels.

the Talking Can
03-11-2009, 06:13 AM
McDaniels could negotiate a settlement: he gets to call him "Cassel" on game day, but not in the locker room in front of the other players....

Hammock Parties
03-11-2009, 06:14 AM
You need to get an account on the Mane.

the Talking Can
03-11-2009, 06:16 AM
McDaniels makes the backup QBs wear Cassel jerseys....

MahiMike
03-11-2009, 06:39 AM
ohhhh, the drama. And women only have soap operas. ha!

Groves
03-11-2009, 06:49 AM
We can all say he stinks, but more than a boatload of us would have been perfectly happy if we had traded for him. We would be crowing at the future twice a year fury Cutler would display against his old team.

We'd be loving it.

InChiefsHeaven
03-11-2009, 06:53 AM
We can all say he stinks, but more than a boatload of us would have been perfectly happy if we had traded for him. We would be crowing at the future twice a year fury Cutler would display against his old team.

We'd be loving it.

Well, of course...but this is the next best thing!!

MMXcalibur
03-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I understand that hope is a dangerous thing......but the AFC West definently looks winnable next season.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Got to love them donkos and thier dumbassery

Chiefnj2
03-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Would the Lions give up one of their first round picks for Cutler?

Stinger
03-11-2009, 08:11 AM
So much for communication.

According to an NFL source, Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler came away from a conference call with team officials Monday believing that for the right deal, he would be traded between now and the NFL draft, which begins April 25.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would not comment, but a source close to the team said Broncos officials had a different interpretation of how the conference call went.

McDaniels was joined on one end of the conference call by Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, general manager Brian Xanders and chief operating officer Joe Ellis. Cutler was in Nashville, Tenn., during the call and was accompanied by his agent, Bus Cook.

The Broncos, according to the source close to the team, say the
Denver Broncos call was conducted in a nonconfrontational manner, with team officials willing to answer every question, and that the call ended positively. The possibility of a future trade never came up.

However, Cutler came away disappointed.

Who says all good relationships start with communication?

Cutler, who has been the Broncos' starting quarterback dating to the final five games of the 2006 season, has been irked since learning McDaniels supposedly considered trading him to Tampa Bay in a deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel to Denver. McDaniels coached Cassel at New England last season.

However, nothing presented by New England coach Bill Belichick came close to enticing McDaniels to accept a deal for Cassel, who instead was traded to Kansas City on Feb. 28.

McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and announced through a team spokesman last week that "the Denver Broncos are not trading Jay Cutler. Period."

Still, leak of the proposed trade stung Cutler, who believed he was misled by McDaniels. According to both NFL sources, Cutler and Broncos officials entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Apparently, only the team officials came away satisfied.

Cutler said the meeting didn't go as hoped, according to the NFL source, adding that McDaniels reiterated no one is untradable for the sake of improving the team and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday. Offseason conditioning workouts are — by de-finition — "voluntary," but players understand coaches expect them to attend.

According to the source close to the Broncos, McDan-iels said only that the team looked forward to seeing Cutler on Monday.

Thus, the next stage in this McJaygate drama.

According to the NFL source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he would report Monday. If Cutler doesn't report to Broncos headquarters next week, he would be viewed as undermining McDaniels' authority. What would the team do then? The Broncos may have no other choice but to move the player who in recent years has been dubbed not just the quarterback, but the "franchise" quarterback.

Ill feelings between Cutler and the Broncos began when Bowlen fired longtime coach Mike Shanahan two days after the Broncos were trounced by San Diego in a playoff-or-bust game in the 2008 regular-season finale. Cutler blasted the decision, then stated his support for passing-game coordinator Jeremy Bates.

When McDaniels became the new head coach, Bates was not retained. But in time, Cutler had warmed to McDaniels. They had spent a couple of weeks together at the team's headquarters studying the New England offensive system right up until the time the free-agent, trading season opened Feb. 27.

The next day brought reports Cutler was involved in trade talks, and there has been a rift between the quarterback and his bosses ever since. The most immediate question confronting Broncoland is: Can Cutler and the team reconcile their differences by the time the team begins its offseason conditioning program Monday?

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

RippedmyFlesh
03-11-2009, 08:53 AM
the next stage in this McJaygate drama
it can't get any better than this but the off season isn't over it could get even better.

Cutler goes to bowen and says its him(mcdaniel) or me.
Bowen in a drunken rage goes al davis and fires mcdaniel before he ever coaches a game and he gets hired as kc off cord.
Denver keeps cutler and hires jeremy bates and goes 4-12.
next off season denver lures norv turner away for a 10 year deal and the bolts lure herm away from his tv gig to coach close to home.
That would set up kc for the next 10 years or so.

Adept Havelock
03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
:D

http://f.imagehost.org/0918/DilbertSchadenfreude.gif

Chief Roundup
03-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Would the Lions give up one of their first round picks for Cutler?

Shit over at the mane they think Detroit would have to give up both of thier 1st rounders for Cutler. ROFL

vailpass
03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
I can't wait for the season to start. It's going to be a great year.

Chiefnj2
03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
KC takes Stafford at #3, and then a three way trade ensues.

KC ends up with Stafford, the #10 and #12 and two thirds.
49ers get Cutler, lose their 1st and 3rd.
Broncos get Cassel, lose their 1st and 3rd.

vailpass
03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
I understand that hope is a dangerous thing......but the AFC West definently looks winnable next season.

Have you been watching the FA moves made by the AFC West teams?
What is it you see that improves KC from the horrible team they were last year to division winners this year?

Chief Roundup
03-11-2009, 10:18 AM

damn you need to put down the :bong: or something

Brock
03-11-2009, 10:19 AM

htismaqe
03-11-2009, 10:21 AM

Wow.

That would be outrageous if it happened. Although I'd rather replace "Stafford" with "Sanchez".

MMXcalibur
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Have you been watching the FA moves made by the AFC West teams?
What is it you see that improves KC from the horrible team they were last year to division winners this year?

I say this with the hopes that Cutler jettisons elsewhere, the Chargers continue not playing up to their potential and the Raiders continue being.....well...the Raiders. 8-8 was good enough to win the West last year....not saying it'll happen again this season, but you have to think KC might have an okay shot at the division if all those situations occur.

Of course, I still fully expect the Chargers to pull their heads out of their ass and dominate.

Chiefnj2
03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
damn you need to put down the :bong: or something

It's a good deal. San Fran gets a legitimate young QB that made a pro bowl who can start from day 1. They aren't getting that in the draft this year.

Denver gets the guy they wanted and they end the dumb-ass QB saga they started. Cutler is gone, it's just a matter of when. Cassel can start day 1.

KC gets, IMO, the young QB with a higher ceiling than Cassel, plus a bunch of picks to help rebuild.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2009, 10:33 AM
It's a good deal. San Fran gets a legitimate young QB that made a pro bowl who can start from day 1. They aren't getting that in the draft this year.

Denver gets the guy they wanted and they end the dumb-ass QB saga they started. Cutler is gone, it's just a matter of when. Cassel can start day 1.

KC gets, IMO, the young QB with a higher ceiling than Cassel, plus a bunch of picks to help rebuild.

Yeah but to think that Denver is going to give up Cutler and the #12 for Cassel is soooo unrealistic.

Not so sure Singletary would want to give up #10 for Cutler when Sanchez will probably be setting there.

DeezNutz
03-11-2009, 10:38 AM
I can't wait for the season to start. It's going to be a great year.

Lambda Lambda Lambda1113111

vailpass
03-11-2009, 10:38 AM
I say this with the hopes that Cutler jettisons elsewhere, the Chargers continue not playing up to their potential and the Raiders continue being.....well...the Raiders. 8-8 was good enough to win the West last year....not saying it'll happen again this season, but you have to think KC might have an okay shot at the division if all those situations occur.

Of course, I still fully expect the Chargers to pull their heads out of their ass and dominate.

Thanks, that makes sense. There sure is a lot of change going on in the AFC West right now. In the off-season hope springs eternal for all of us.
Except Charger fan unless they can Norv :)

vailpass
03-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Lambda Lambda Lambda1113111

OK I give, what does that mean? Is there a Reveng of the Nerds thing in there somewhere?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM

That would be the JMP of the Century.

Donkey KONG'D!

FAIL.:LOL:

Wow.

That would be outrageous if it happened. Although I'd rather replace "Stafford" with "Sanchez".

This!

Caption this photo!

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/CutlerPenn.JPG

http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2008/12/29/437474442_t220.jpg

MISSES HIS SHANNAHAN BLANKY.

DeezNutz
03-11-2009, 10:42 AM
OK I give, what does that mean? Is there a Reveng of the Nerds thing in there somewhere?

Oh, it's going to be a great year!

Classic Nerds line.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Classic Nerds line.

"See that man over there"?

Yeah.

"He was arrested for Mopery".

What's mopery?

"Exposing yourself to a blind person".

vailpass
03-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Classic Nerds line.

Thanks, I wasn't quite sure.
I been combing the high schools all day.

talastan
03-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Caption this photo!

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/CutlerPenn.JPG

MISSES HIS SHANNAHAN BLANKY.

Damn man, watch where your hand goes, this is just like college. :sulk:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Damn man, watch where your hand goes, this is just like college. :sulk:

LMAO

Chiefnj2
03-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah but to think that Denver is going to give up Cutler and the #12 for Cassel is soooo unrealistic.

Not so sure Singletary would want to give up #10 for Cutler when Sanchez will probably be setting there.

I think McDaniels would do the trade. I don't think Bowlen would.

Chief Faithful
03-11-2009, 10:55 AM
I agree. In Williamson's story, he mentioned Bowlen has reiniterated that Cutler is not going anywhere.

On the flip side, Bowlen also said Shanahan was his coach for life so take that for what it's worth.

What drama! I agree that Cutler is not going anywhere unless it starts to impact is performance on the field, which I can't see happening.

Bronco fans would never hear the end of it on this board if Cutler allowed his own tantrum to go so far that it becomes another TO in Philly situation. As a Chiefs fan I would enjoy witnessing such dumassary fall upon the Broncos, but again I can't see it happening.

Meanwhile, the whinney show is great.

vailpass
03-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I think McDaniels would do the trade. I don't think Bowlen would.

If McKid even dreams about making that trade he better wake up and apologize.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I have initiated "Operation Mange-Melt", and the results shall be spectacular!

htismaqe
What drama! I agree that Cutler is not going anywhere unless it starts to impact is performance on the field, which I can't see happening.

Bronco fans would never hear the end of it on this board if Cutler allowed his own tantrum to go so far that it becomes another TO in Philly situation. As a Chiefs fan I would enjoy witnessing such dumassary fall upon the Broncos, but again I can't see it happening.

Meanwhile, the whinney show is great.

You mentioning TO is interesting.

I've struggled to find an analogue to Cutler - he really isn't Jeff George-like. The comparison to a younger TO might be the most apt I've seen yet. Can he turn it around now, or does he become like TO - the best player at his position in the game that can't win the big one due to all the chemistry issues he creates.

Chiefnj2
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
The most important relationship on a team is the coach/QB relationship. If the coach doesn't believe in the QB it creates too many distractions.

vailpass
03-11-2009, 11:06 AM
You mentioning TO is interesting.

I've struggled to find an analogue to Cutler - he really isn't Jeff George-like. The comparison to a younger TO might be the most apt I've seen yet. Can he turn it around now, or does he become like TO - the best player at his position in the game that can't win the big one due to all the chemistry issues he creates.

To be accurate:

TO created chemistry problems in the locker room amongst his team mates.

Cutler is pissed at a kid-coach who botched his first weeks on the job badly. Cutler does not create chemistry issues in the room.

htismaqe
03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
To be accurate:

TO created chemistry problems in the locker room amongst his team mates.

Cutler is pissed at a kid-coach who botched his first weeks on the job badly. Cutler does not create chemistry issues in the room.

He hasn't yet. But if he can't get along with the coach, no matter who is at fault, he will.

vailpass
03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
He hasn't yet. But if he can't get along with the coach, no matter who is at fault, he will.

QBs not liking their coaches is nothing new.
Elway hated Reeves and was part of the reason Reeves got canned. Everyone knew it, no chemistry problems amongst the players ever occurred.

It's McKid who is going to be the bad guy if this goes sour, not Cutler.

Donger
03-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Schadenfreude.

Que Card QB
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
QBs not liking their coaches is nothing new.
Elway hated Reeves and was part of the reason Reeves got canned. Everyone knew it, no chemistry problems amongst the players ever occurred.

It's McKid who is going to be the bad guy if this goes sour, not Cutler.Wow. I'm just sayin'... From the outside lookin' in, Cutler is a whining b*tch and Denver fans are way too committed to, or rather, invested in the thought of him being the next Elway to see it. :shrug:

Chief Faithful
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Witnessing the deterioration of the QB & HC relationship because McKid (Thankyou Vailpass) did not nip this in the bud makes me appreciate how Haley handled Waters. Waters may have been the man when Edwards was HC, but Waters now understands Haley is the boss.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2009, 11:43 AM
The Mange is so disheartened, they won't even smack back.

Chiefnj2
03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Witnessing the deterioration of the QB & HC relationship because McKid (Thankyou Vailpass) did not nip this in the bud makes me appreciate how Haley handled Waters. Waters may have been the man when Edwards was HC, but Waters now understands Haley is the boss.

They handled it the same way. The difference is that one guy is an up and coming franchise QB and the other an older guard. KC fans always turn on players.

Que Card QB
03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Witnessing the deterioration of the QB & HC relationship because McKid (Thankyou Vailpass) did not nip this in the bud makes me appreciate how Haley handled Waters. Waters may have been the man when Edwards was HC, but Waters now understands Haley is the boss.I think that's an excellent point. And the Morris twins and Self. You can't let your players rule the roost. I can't believe the fans are supporting him. They've obviously invested a lot of faith in him.

Dave Lane
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM

Does this mean Cutler could wake up with horsefaces head in his bed? Cuz that would be frikken awesome!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2009, 11:54 AM
They handled it the same way. The difference is that one guy is an up and coming franchise QB and the other an older guard. KC fans always turn on players.

I think that's an excellent point. And the Morris twins and Self. You can't let your players rule the roost. I can't believe the fans are supporting him. They've obviously invested a lot of faith in him.

No more of that Herm Edwards "It's alright"! "It's okay"!

Ca-rack that whip!

vailpass
03-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Here's how one local Denver hack sees it if things go bad:

dave krieger
Krieger: If hot heads, hot deal to follow
Dave Krieger
The Denver Post

The question used to be when Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels would meet again. The question now is whether they will.

Disappointed by what he perceived as McDaniels' hard line during a conference call Monday, Cutler is apparently not sure if he'll show up for the Broncos' "voluntary" offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday. The Broncos, meanwhile, seem to think the call went well.

What we got here, said Strother Martin in "Cool Hand Luke," is a failure to communicate.

If it's true, as one Denver Post source says, that McDaniels told Cutler anybody can be traded and he expected Cutler to show up for offseason workouts anyway, a Cutler no-show would dare McDaniels to make good on his implicit threat.

Everybody seems to have taken sides here already, so there's no point in going over the blame game again. But if McDaniels alienated Cutler in that conference call without even knowing it, this thing is a bigger mess than we thought.

In any case, if Cutler doesn't show, you have to start thinking about the sort of deal the Broncos can make for him. McDaniels will be.

The most obvious trading partners are the two teams that expressed interest when McDaniels was discussing a three-way deal to bring Matt Cassel to the Broncos. That fell through when his old boss, Bill Belichick, traded Cassel to Kansas City.

Presumably, Tampa Bay and Detroit would still be interested. The question is who the Broncos would target to take Cutler's place. Even a young coach as apparently sure of himself as McDaniels cannot be counting on Chris Simms, signed a week ago as a free agent, to be the starter.

Since suffering a ruptured spleen in the third game of the 2006 season, Simms has appeared in one NFL game. Coming back from that life-threatening injury, he had a falling- out with former Bucs coach Jon Gruden not unlike the Cutler-McDaniels rift we are now witnessing. Before his release by the Bucs a year ago, Simms called his relationship with Gruden "broken."
Simms joined the Titans last year as a backup to Kerry Collins, who had been a backup to Vince Young, and threw two passes in one appearance.

If the Broncos go back to the Bucs, a familiar suspect awaits. Can you imagine McDaniels taking Brian Griese back as part of a package for Cutler? You know what? Stranger things have happened. In the last two weeks.

McDaniels could accept the draft picks the Bucs were apparently ready to part with in the three-way deal — a first (No. 19) and a third — and hope to use the Broncos' first (No. 12) on Southern Cal's Mark Sanchez, assuming Georgia's Matthew Stafford is the first quarterback taken.

But McDaniels has sold his program to the veteran free agents he has signed already as one ready to win right away. It's hard to do that with a rookie quarterback.

The Lions have the first pick in the draft. They need a quarterback. Some people expect them to take Stafford with the first pick, although it's far from certain.

Could McDaniels be after that pick? Would the Lions give it up for the now slightly checkered Cutler? I'm guessing not, but McDaniels could probably get a package including the first pick of the second round.

Again the question: What would the Broncos do about a quarterback? They could no doubt have Lions nominal starter Daunte Culpepper, but it's hard to imagine McDaniels putting his fate in the hands of a player who has already retired once.

These aren't the only options. The Jets, Bears, Panthers and 49ers could probably be tempted. Even the Texans, who need to win right now and have a coach who agrees with Mike Shanahan a lot.

If he couldn't get a capable quarterback in exchange for Cutler, McDaniels could dip into the free-agent pool again. It's not much to look at, but it is deep. Among the candidates still out there: Charlie Batch, Kyle Boller, Brooks Bollinger, Jeff Garcia, Trent Green, Rex Grossman, Drew Henson, Byron Leftwich, J.P. Losman, Luke McCown and Anthony Wright.

Ugh. Maybe the young coach has a dazzling contingency plan he'll pull out any time. Maybe Cutler will cool down and show up after all. Let's just hope we're not all sitting around a month from now talking about Kyle Boller.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
I revel in the anguish of the donko like a cat with a new bag o' nip!

It's a deep, warm, and fuzzy sensation that makes my testes tingle. McDaniels 4-EVAH!

ROTFLMAO!

htismaqe
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Wow. I'm just sayin'... From the outside lookin' in, Cutler is a whining b*tch and Denver fans are way too committed to, or rather, invested in the thought of him being the next Elway to see it. :shrug:

This is how I see it too.

talastan
03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Wow. I'm just sayin'... From the outside lookin' in, Cutler is a whining b*tch and Denver fans are way too committed to, or rather, invested in the thought of him being the next Elway to see it. :shrug:

I think the Donkeyfans have this belief that Cutler is Elway reincarnated. At least that is how Shanny probably saw it IMO. As for Cutler yeah he's talented but his mental makeup really brings up questions. While he's not Vince Young dumb, he is defintely not Montana, or Elway football smart IMO. His constant throwing into double coverage has cost his team several games. While I agree the Defense has been one of the major reasons why the Donks haven't made it to the playoffs the fact that their franchise QB keeps putting the game into the hands of that same Defense with his interceptions is not to be excused either.

vailpass
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I think the Donkeyfans have this belief that Cutler is Elway reincarnated. At least that is how Shanny probably saw it IMO. As for Cutler yeah he's talented but his mental makeup really brings up questions. While he's not Vince Young dumb, he is defintely not Montana, or Elway football smart IMO. His constant throwing into double coverage has cost his team several games. While I agree the Defense has been one of the major reasons why the Donks haven't made it to the playoffs the fact that their franchise QB keeps putting the game into the hands of that same Defense with his interceptions is not to be excused either.

Nobody believes there will be another Elway. Or Montana or Marino.
You can want a great QB without thinking they are someone they are not.
Interceptions happen to young QBs. Give Cutler the Orange Crush and then evaluate.

DeezNutz
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I would not be pleased if Sanchez went to Denver...

vailpass
03-11-2009, 12:34 PM

Dirty Sanchez.

Chief Faithful
03-11-2009, 12:36 PM

Not sure how it was handled the same. McKid still hasn't put it to bed after a month. Haley layed it on the line in 5 minutes and that was the end of it.

Chief Faithful
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Nobody believes there will be another Elway. Or Montana or Marino.
You can want a great QB without thinking they are someone they are not.
Interceptions happen to young QBs. Give Cutler the Orange Crush and then evaluate.

So are saying Cutler is like Dilfer? Give him a great defense and he could win it all?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM

He would never soil himself with that shite-house.

talastan
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
So are saying Cutler is like Dilfer? Give him a great defense and he could win it all?

vailpass
03-11-2009, 01:30 PM

You know your football well enough to know there is no comparison between Cutler and Dilfer.
I'm saying that no QB short of Elway can carry a team to the SB without at least some semblance of a defense. Look at the Vermeil Cheifs. They did nothing in the playoffs yet you wouldn't say the QB sucked.

Chiefnj2
03-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Not sure how it was handled the same. McKid still hasn't put it to bed after a month. Haley layed it on the line in 5 minutes and that was the end of it.

Both coaches took the position of - this is my team, we are doing things my way, no player is special and no player is going to dictate how I run things.

You can get away with that with an older guard. It's tough to take that approach with your young franchise QB that just made the Pro-Bowl, especially when you have nobody to replace him.