PDA

View Full Version : Royals My Royals spring training update...

petegz28
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Ok well, I am only watching the Royals 1 time this year but I saw some encouraging but yet some not-so encouraging stuff.

1. Meche is still Meche.
2. Bloomquist should be our starter at 2nd.
3. Jacobs looked like shit at the plate and on 1st.
4. Butler pounded the fuck out of a ball for a nice jack
5. Juan Cruz looks promising
6. We made our standed "3 people around the pop fly watch it hit the ground" error
7. Gordon looked slightly better at the plate.
8. Meier, who played RF, has a fucking gun of an arm
9. Peralta struck out the side during his apperance giving up 1 hit.
10. DDJ is still DDJ
11. Crisp did not impress me at the plate.
12. No Frank White sightings this year
13. George Brett still wears his stirrups 1980 style

Yes it was only 1 game and we did win like 9-2 after falling behind 2-0 early. Avilles and Guillen should help out the lineup but I think we are on par for a repeat season of last year if we don't cut out the shitty defensive play.

That is all.....:D

Sam Hall
03-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Are you ButlerRoyal on the Scout board?

Mama Hip Rockets
03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
6. We made our standed "3 people around the pop fly watch it hit the ground" error

:cuss:

DeezNutz
03-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Ok well, I am only watching the Royals 1 time this year but I saw some encouraging but yet some not-so encouraging stuff.

1. Meche is still Meche.
2. Bloomquist should be our starter at 2nd.
3. Jacobs looked like shit at the plate and on 1st.
4. Butler pounded the **** out of a ball for a nice jack
5. Juan Cruz looks promising
7. Gordon looked slightly better at the plate.
8. Meier, who played RF, has a ****ing gun of an arm
9. Peralta struck out the side during his apperance giving up 1 hit.
10. DDJ is still DDJ
11. Crisp did not impress me at the plate.
12. No Frank White sightings this year
13. George Brett still wears his stirrups 1980 style

Yes it was only 1 game and we did win like 9-2 after falling behind 2-0 early. Avilles and Guillen should help out the lineup but I think we are on par for a repeat season of last year if we don't cut out the shitty defensive play.

That is all.....:D

1. Great.
2. Fuck me. I hope to see his one extra base hit this season.
3. Too many SO's thus far. Scary.
4. Great. Much, much needed.
5. Great.
6. I look forward to seeing Trey "fundamentals" Hillman continue to explain this, as his seat warms. Aviles' return should help...
7. Great.
8. Moot.
9. Great.
10. Has he grown a testicle, yet? That smiling little pussy...
11. Not worried.
12-13. Who cares...

petegz28
03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Are you ButlerRoyal on the Scout board?

nope....

sportsman1
03-12-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm goin' out to Surprise for Spring Break. Should be interesting. Hoping to make it to Opening Weekend too.

WilliamTheIrish
03-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Pete, are you in Surprise, Az? And did the umps/refs screw us?

petegz28
03-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Pete, are you in Surprise, Az? And did the umps/refs screw us?
yes I am, and no they didn't.....

smartass!
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
yes I am, and no they didn't.....

smartass!
Posted via Mobile Device

PICS? Anything?

Sam Hall
03-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Kyle Davies pitched well again today. It would be great if he and Hochevar kept improving.

Demonpenz
03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
any randa sitings?

petegz28
03-12-2009, 06:25 PM
PICS? Anything?

I'll post some when I get back to KC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wreckloose
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Crisp is batting .391 in spring training. Not easily impressed?

chiefqueen
03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I maybe should have started a new thread but it is Royals related. You might want to keep GM Dayton Moore in your thoughts and prayers as he is burying his mother today (3/13).

Coach
03-13-2009, 03:48 AM
I would be very curious to see what PECOTA has the Royals projected and their players as well....

alnorth
03-13-2009, 07:51 AM
I would be very curious to see what PECOTA has the Royals projected and their players as well....

75-87, 4th AL Central, ahead of the White Sox.

However, one thing that is encouraging this year is that if you believe PECOTA is a little bit off and we are really a .500 team, then we could win this thing. Our division is projected to be so rediculously crappy, that the winner (Cleveland) is projected to win the division with an 83-79 record. All the other teams are projected by PECOTA to finish with 73-79 wins.

Rany (http://www.ranyontheroyals.com/2009/02/1984-cubs-binomial-distributions-and.html) ran some numbers and if you presume that we are really a .500 team, then the Royals have about a 1-in-5 chance to have enough luck to win the division. Baseball Prospectus even had an article recently speculating on the Royals chances.

Demonpenz
03-13-2009, 08:01 AM
I am ready for butler and Gordon to **** up the pecota system and hit 40 bombs each

Reaper16
03-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Crisp is batting .391 in spring training. Not easily impressed?
He's basing this off of only one game. Crisp happened to go 0 for 3 in that game.

Reaper16
03-13-2009, 08:03 AM
I am ready for butler and Gordon to **** up the pecota system and hit 40 bombs each
I'm ready for humanity to start developing mutant powers like in X-Men, where my power would be that I can detatch my dick, turn it into a javelin, throw it at people, and then turn it back into my dick and reattatch it like new.

But I can't get everything that I want.

Demonpenz
03-13-2009, 08:08 AM
I day dream about having x-men type powers all the time. Then I think about how the next x-men has David Glass as magnito trying to cut payroll. I have Professior Xaviors mind reading skills I get inside his head and he is like "Awe Demonpenz" what a a surprise, too bad we can't turn back now. The lowest payroll in the league is what will happen in the war. Then He puts on his metal royals batting helmet and I can't read his mind anymore. Then He sends over Ken harvey and Julio Matos to disposse of me. I have no answer for Harvey's blob like powers, or Julio Matos Swing of death.

Demonpenz
03-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Good thing Juan gonzalez detachable Hamstring is on myside has he strangles Ken Harvey's fat fat black face with it

Reaper16
03-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Good thing Juan gonzalez detachable Hamstring is on myside has he strangles Ken Harvey's fat fat black face with it
LMAO

Coach
03-13-2009, 11:13 PM
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

BP has the Royals finishing 4th. Had Cleveland winning the division by 5.

tk13
03-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Exciting game today. The wind was blowing out nearly 30-40 mph. The Angels beat the Royals 18-12. The real kicker, there were 15 home runs hit in the ball game. 7 of those by the Royals, including homers by Crisp, Callaspo, Shealy, Jacobs, Olivo twice, and yes, Tony Pena Jr.

KChiefs1
03-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I watched them the other night on the MLB Network & they looked good vs the Dodgers.

Hochevar was really impressive.

Sam Hall
03-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I would like to see Sydney Ponson replace Horacio Ramirez. That was Ramirez on the mound today.

DeezNutz
03-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Exciting game today. The wind was blowing out nearly 30-40 mph. The Angels beat the Royals 18-12. The real kicker, there were 15 home runs hit in the ball game. 7 of those by the Royals, including homers by Crisp, Callaspo, Shealy, Jacobs, Olivo twice, and yes, Tony Pena Jr.

I'm going to laugh if I hear Hillman talking tomorrow about Pena's progress at the plate.

tk13
03-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't know about Ramirez either, but it's hard to make any pitching judgements on this game. He was up against John Lackey and he got shelled too.

BWillie
03-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I would like to see Sydney Ponson replace Horacio Ramirez. That was Ramirez on the mound today.

I would like to see Soria replace either one of those hacks. Lets let our third best pitcher only pitch 60 innings, let shitty guys pitch 220 innings. Makes sense. Cardinals should should just hit Pujols in the 9th inning only as a pitch hitter, you know, just to save the game. Don't want to waste him in the first 8 innings.

KChiefs1
03-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I wish I had the time to make a trip to Arizona this week...Royals & Tigers in the Sweet Sixteen this week. Sweet trip!

alanm
03-22-2009, 10:34 PM
I would like to see Soria replace either one of those hacks. Lets let our third best pitcher only pitch 60 innings, let shitty guys pitch 220 innings. Makes sense. Cardinals should should just hit Pujols in the 9th inning only as a pitch hitter, you know, just to save the game. Don't want to waste him in the first 8 innings.Soria is one of the best closers in MLB. Don't f*ck with him. :shake:

petegz28
03-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Soria is one of the best closers in MLB. Don't f*ck with him. :shake:

THIS! THIS! THIS!

Leave him the fuck where he is!

Kraus
03-22-2009, 10:56 PM
THIS! THIS! THIS!

Leave him the **** where he is!

I agree.

DeezNutz
03-22-2009, 11:10 PM
THIS! THIS! THIS!

Leave him the **** where he is!

Are we going to agree tonight?

Fuck. :D

DrRyan
03-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Soria's stuff is filthy. No chance they move him from the closer's role. To suggest the Royals not putting him in the rotation would be like the Cards batting Pujols 9th is a ridiculous, poorly thought out argument.

BWillie
03-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Soria's stuff is filthy. No chance they move him from the closer's role. To suggest the Royals not putting him in the rotation would be like the Cards batting Pujols 9th is a ridiculous, poorly thought out argument.

What is the difference? And I meant just use Pujols in the 9th inning in games, not bat him 9th. Would you want your best player to only have 100 ABs instead of 500? Then why on Earth would you want Soria to pitch 60 innings when he can pitch 220. The closer is the most overrated thing in baseball. You can just as easily close based on committee. There is not a huge difference in a great closer and a good closer. There is a huge difference between a shitty starting pitcher, and a good one. Sometimes it can bet up to 15 wins. I know you will all flame at me and call me a moron but think about it for a minute. It's kind of like how coaches don't go for it enough on 4th down. It really doesn't make sense, they just have too much pride to sway from the status quo.

Jenson71
03-23-2009, 08:39 PM
The closer question is a fierce debate between the SABRs and the other people.

banyon
03-23-2009, 08:46 PM
What is the difference? And I meant just use Pujols in the 9th inning in games, not bat him 9th. Would you want your best player to only have 100 ABs instead of 500? Then why on Earth would you want Soria to pitch 60 innings when he can pitch 220. The closer is the most overrated thing in baseball. You can just as easily close based on committee. There is not a huge difference in a great closer and a good closer. There is a huge difference between a shitty starting pitcher, and a good one. Sometimes it can bet up to 15 wins. I know you will all flame at me and call me a moron but think about it for a minute. It's kind of like how coaches don't go for it enough on 4th down. It really doesn't make sense, they just have too much pride to sway from the status quo.

If we could get 220 IP's of the same ERA and WHIP, that'd be awesome, but it rarely works that way.

Some guys' talents are really suited to closing and not starting. Are the Yankees idiots for turning Mariano Rivera into a 1st Ballot HOF closer? Or should they have blown out his arm in a couple of years?

And Sometimes it completely screws a guy up to keep moving him around (*cough* Jeremy *cough* affeldt *cough*).

petegz28
03-23-2009, 10:41 PM
A closer like Soria comes along once a decade, if not longer and there is only 1 maybe 2 other teams with a closer like him. With Soria, the Royals can literally play 8 innings of 1 run baseball and know they have the game won.