Jenson71
03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Hmmmm mmhhhmhmhmhm

Buehler445
03-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah, but they cost WAAAAAY too much.

beavis
03-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Totally on board with you there. The f***in' things are addictive. Little shelled pieces of heaven I tell you.

Jenson71
03-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, but they cost WAAAAAY too much.

And unfortunately, pecans cost even more. :(

FAX
03-12-2009, 08:31 PM
They're good ... no question about it, Mr. Jenson71. I have a business associate who always gifts me pistachios at Christmastime. It's a pretty big tin and lasts about 10 minutes. After cleaning, the tin makes a darn nice hat, too. But, nothing will ever beat Triscuits and pepper cheese. That combination has everything one could possibly wish for in a snack food ... Triscuits and pepper cheese.

FAX

big nasty kcnut
03-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I crave doritos. It's delicous!
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
03-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I crave doritos. It's delicous!
Posted via Mobile Device

Great tweet, brah.

FAX
03-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Okay ... but, what about the Pork & Beans issue? A guy goes to the market and looks around in the canned bean section and finds all kinds of canned beans. Mainly, though, there are Barbecued Beans, Baked Beans, and last but not least, Pork & Beans. I have yet to see either Chicken & Beans, Fish & Beans, Lamb & Beans, or Beef & Beans. Ever.

It seems to me that somebody, long, long ago, decided that the only meat that going to go into a can of canned beans was going to be pork and by God everybody else was going to follow suit. Why? What made this person so damned special that Pork & Beans was the only option? And why hasn't any canned bean company broken the bean ceiling and gone rogue with another meat in their beans? I don't have to tell you guys, that when they came out with corn flakes, it didn't take long before other flaking companies started making corn flakes ... but they didn't stop there. Before you knew it there were wheat flakes, oat flakes, bran flakes, and grapenut flakes (whatever those are). Then, before you knew it even more, those flakers weren't just flaking. They were puffing, popping, shredding, bunching, frosting, clustering, crackling, crisping, crunching, and makin' little Os. And not just with corn, either. We're talking rice, too.

But canned beans just sort of got stuck back there with Pork. It's a hell of a mystery.

FAX

Rain Man
03-13-2009, 11:39 AM
They're good ... no question about it, Mr. Jenson71. I have a business associate who always gifts me pistachios at Christmastime. It's a pretty big tin and lasts about 10 minutes. After cleaning, the tin makes a darn nice hat, too. But, nothing will ever beat Triscuits and pepper cheese. That combination has everything one could possibly wish for in a snack food ... Triscuits and pepper cheese.

FAX

I love those too, except instead of pepper cheese I substitute hot fudge sauce and instead of triscuits I substitute ice cream. Great stuff, though.

seclark
03-13-2009, 11:42 AM
in w/the stachios.
sec

Goapics1
03-13-2009, 11:45 AM
McDoubles for $1 are my kind of thing.

Crashride
03-13-2009, 11:48 AM
I love stachios but they have there flaws. I hate the ones that are barely cracked open and your fingers are practically bleeding from trying to open them. I wish I knew of a place that sold them without shells.
I also dont see the point in the red ones, they taste the same to me.

-Crash

Stewie
03-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I love stachios but they have there flaws. I hate the ones that are barely cracked open and your fingers are practically bleeding from trying to open them. I wish I knew of a place that sold them without shells.

-Crash

Pistachios are always around when we vacation in the Rockies. We give the unopened nuts to the chipmunks who struggle trying to open them. Most of the time they can't. The Stellar Jays (a bigger version of a Blue Jay) crack them open like it's nothing. Damn bird could probably bite a finger right off your hand.

Just Passin' By
03-13-2009, 12:06 PM

-Crash

You can order them online. Here's one example (disclaimer: I've never ordered pistachios online, because I've got no problem getting them in the shell at a local market)

http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/pistachios/

munkey
03-13-2009, 01:00 PM

-Crash

http://www.heartofthedesert.com/index.asp

The BEST pistachio's on the planet...and yes...they sell them shelled.

Red chili is the bomb!!!!!

Jenson71
03-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I love it when the shell is so hard you have to bite it open.

MOhillbilly
03-13-2009, 01:26 PM

-Crash

is your skin made of paper?

super_dror
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
why haven't you put a don't agree option?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2009, 02:50 PM

FAX

have you tried the black pepper Triscuits? mmmmmmmmmm....

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2009, 02:53 PM

-Crash

they used to be dyed to hide the fact that some of the shells were discolored. Don't see that much anymore though...

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM
They're OK. Now, Cashews, on the other hand...

KCChiefsMan
03-13-2009, 03:18 PM
chips and salsa would be my favorite snack

Miles
03-13-2009, 04:10 PM

-Crash

Sunkist makes them without the shells and they seem to be fairly common in the grocery stores.

Simply Red
03-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Costco is where I get my nuts.

stlchiefs
03-13-2009, 04:36 PM

-Crash

Check out Everybody's Nuts! http://www.everybodysnuts.com/

They guarantee they are all open nuts or you get a free box. I took them up on their offer and got a coupon in the mail for a free 2nd box. Unfortunately for me there was not a single closed shell nut in the entire second box. :cuss:

Great deal and they actually live up to the promise.

Silock
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Pistachios are always around when we vacation in the Rockies. We give the unopened nuts to the chipmunks who struggle trying to open them. Most of the time they can't. The Stellar Jays (a bigger version of a Blue Jay) crack them open like it's nothing. Damn bird could probably bite a finger right off your hand.

Here's what I do.

I keep a jar close by whenever I eat pistachios. Whenever I find one that I just can't open, or is being a real bitch, I toss it in the jar. Soon enough, it fills up. I then close the jar and give it to someone I hate as a present. They think "Oh wow, how nice!"

Little do they know.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2009, 05:10 PM
I gotta go with cashews as my nut of choice.

eazyb81
03-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Pistachios are fantastic. My dad loves them so we always had them around the house growing up.

MichaelH
03-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I love nice pistachios. Not the red ones but the white ones. A friend from California told me that the red ones are the bad ones and they only sell them on the east coast. Anyone?? Anyways, I'd say that and beef jerkey rule for snack food.

eazyb81
03-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I love nice pistachios. Not the red ones but the white ones. A friend from California told me that the red ones are the bad ones and they only sell them on the east coast. Anyone?? Anyways, I'd say that and beef jerkey rule for snack food.

Yes, but not all jerky is the same. I like the chewy jerky that tastes like real meat rather than the sticks like slim jims.

Skip Towne
03-13-2009, 05:23 PM
No love for macadamia's?

Skip Towne
03-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Okay ... but, what about the Pork & Beans issue? A guy goes to the market and looks around in the canned bean section and finds all kinds of canned beans. Mainly, though, there are Barbecued Beans, Baked Beans, and last but not least, Pork & Beans. I have yet to see either Chicken & Beans, Fish & Beans, Lamb & Beans, or Beef & Beans. Ever.

It seems to me that somebody, long, long ago, decided that the only meat that going to go into a can of canned beans was going to be pork and by God everybody else was going to follow suit. Why? What made this person so damned special that Pork & Beans was the only option? And why hasn't any canned bean company broken the bean ceiling and gone rogue with another meat in their beans? I don't have to tell you guys, that when they came out with corn flakes, it didn't take long before other flaking companies started making corn flakes ... but they didn't stop there. Before you knew it there were wheat flakes, oat flakes, bran flakes, and grapenut flakes (whatever those are). Then, before you knew it even more, those flakers weren't just flaking. They were puffing, popping, shredding, bunching, frosting, clustering, crackling, crisping, crunching, and makin' little Os. And not just with corn, either. We're talking rice, too.

But canned beans just sort of got stuck back there with Pork. It's a hell of a mystery.

FAX

Franks and beans?

Rain Man
03-13-2009, 06:22 PM
chips and salsa would be my favorite snack

Mine too, except I substitute lemon meringue pie for the chips and Dr. Pepper for the salsa. Great stuff.

Rausch
03-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Once again, you poll is flawed...

munkey
03-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Once again, you poll is flawed...

no...you is flawed....;)

Rausch
03-13-2009, 06:59 PM
no...you is flawed....;)

There was no cashew option........................................

.......................................................................bitch.

munkey
03-13-2009, 07:05 PM
There was no cashew option........................................

.......................................................................bitch.

Hey...I love cashews to.....inf fact I took a good paddling when I was a young man for eating a whole can...........and..................................................................................
.................................................................................................... ...

.................................................................................................... ...

i love you too...:)

Jenson71
03-13-2009, 07:27 PM

Mine are green.

StcChief
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Hammock Parties
03-13-2009, 08:02 PM
You fuck.