PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How will Larry Johnson respond to a stong, disciplinarian head coach?

jAZ
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
On paper, he needs someone to kick him in the ass, and hold him to a high standard. I suspect that he could get back to his old form with the right situation.

Do you think Haley is that guy?

Fritz88
03-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Haley is different than all the Coaches that LJ had at KC. Will that Change him?

I honestly do not know, but I do hope that Haley does it.

I can see that Scott really wants LJ to stay a Chief.

Psyko Tek
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I figure he'll piss himself in front of the coach
and find some girls to get tough with later

luv
03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Depends. Can Haley change diapers?

jidar
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
In my opinion, terribly.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Depends. Can Haley change diapers?

ROFL

morphius
03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I think it is the kind of coach he needs, he has had 2 soft coaches so far and he just seems to tripping over himself.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Drink in the face.

Pioli Zombie
03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Like Michael Jackson as a kid hiding from his old man.
Posted via Mobile Device

acasas4
03-12-2009, 09:33 PM
:shrug:I have no idea what goes on inside LJ's head but he does need a kick in the nuts.

DeezNutz
03-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I figure he'll piss himself in front of the coach
and find some girls to get tough with later

Yep.

Pioli Zombie
03-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Did he get booed at oak park mall recently? A friend told me she heard that.
Posted via Mobile Device

talastan
03-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Well depends if he likes taking orders. Seems to me LJ will have a huge problem with Haley unless we start winning. Then who knows if LJ will fall in line.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I'd be surprised if LJ is here next season.

chiefforlife
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I hope he falls in line and runs like he is capable of.

This made me think of what LJ said about DV and Herm. How he was really going to like playing for a black coach, cause Herm would understand him better than a white coach could. Huh, that worked out well.

Pioli Zombie
03-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I'd be surprised if LJ is here next season.
Didn't you start a thread earlier this week saying what a great year you thought he'd have?
Posted via Mobile Device

talastan
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Didn't LJ make some stupid comment once about it being easier or better working under Herm because Herm was black, and he hated working under the old white guy (Vermeil)? I can't recall the details of this.... If I did remember correctly then how will he feel working under the yelling white guy? :hmmm:

chiefforlife
03-12-2009, 09:47 PM

This made me think of what LJ said about DV and Herm. How he was really going to like playing for a black coach, cause Herm would understand him better than a white coach could. Huh, that worked out well.

Yes, he did

Pioli Zombie
03-12-2009, 09:54 PM
So on the first day Haley should put on some black face

No?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
03-12-2009, 09:56 PM
They should tell LJ its Charles Haley
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I think it's a toss-up. If Haley/Carthon can light a fire under him and convince him that his value in the market goes up if he can actually show character once in his life and do his job while keeping his mouth shut...then I think he can still produce and might find new life.

But then again, this is LJ we're talking about. My guess is that if we do trade him, we'll at least try to do a conditional deal for the 2010 draft like we did with Trent Green and Miami. That way there's at least a chance we'll get more value for him. If we traded him straight up for a pick this year I'd be shocked if we got more than a 5th rounder for him, even though I think he still has 2nd or 3rd round talent.

FAX
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Nope. Haley's a white coach. LJ don't love him some white coach.

... hmmm ... on the other hand, maybe that's just what the doctor ordered. LJ ran pretty well under uncle Dick. Of course, he had one of the best o-lines in the history of the league blocking for him. Still ...

FAX

FAX
03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Didn't LJ make some stupid comment once about it being easier or better working under Herm because Herm was black, and he hated working under the old white guy (Vermeil)? I can't recall the details of this.... If I did remember correctly then how will he feel working under the yelling white guy? :hmmm:

Yep. Basically, LJ was stacking some crap about how white coaches don't understand the problems that a young, black man has to face in this world of woe and bitches.

Of course, he failed to mentioned that he, himself, grew up in suburbia with all the trimmings of an upper-middle-class upbringing. LJ's cred leaves something to be desired in this area. Nothing that a pop in the ass cap wouldn't cure.

FAX

Smed1065
03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I actually think he will respond because if he has another chance in the NFL he knows he has to respond, either to stay or leave. He is in a corner and he has to be tried to try IMO.

I know it is against men and not women and I am not a fan. \

LJ needs pushed to even try, IMO.

Just from history.

Mizzou_8541
03-12-2009, 10:11 PM
On paper, he needs someone to kick him in the ass, and hold him to a high standard. I suspect that he could get back to his old form with the right situation.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say not well.

PastorMikH
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
If the strong disciplinarian HC keeps him angry, LJ will be a pro-bowler again. If the HC doesn't bust LJ's chops regular, we'll see more of the same that we've seen the last 2 years.

TRR
03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
The problem with LJ is that he is (1) a bad teammate, and most importantly (2) a bad person. People act like he is a 19 year old kid getting into useless trouble. LJ is a grown man. A grown man that has assaulted woman, makes rap songs about the team that has made him a millionaire, and worries more about fashion and Jay Z's crew than he does the Kansas City Chiefs.

The bottom line is that he is a "me" player, and benefited from an All-World line that opened holes the size of mountains. Now a step slower, a year older, and still the same bad teammate/person that he was from day 1.

He will never be the RB he could have been, nor will he ever be the teammate he should have been.

talastan
03-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Yep. Basically, LJ was stacking some crap about how white coaches don't understand the problems that a young, black man has to face in this world of woe and bitches.

Of course, he failed to mentioned that he, himself, grew up in suburbia with all the trimmings of an upper-middle-class upbringing. LJ's cred leaves something to be desired in this area. Nothing that a pop in the ass cap wouldn't cure.

FAX

Oh heaven forbid that people don't understand the 19 million dollar guaranteed wannabe gangsta!! :eek: :deevee::deevee::rolleyes:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-12-2009, 10:26 PM
I can see that Scott really wants LJ to stay a Chief.

:spock: Really? I think Pioli realizes that there is absolutely no financial benefit to LJ not being on this team. Put a line back up there and watch LJ rip off 1500 yards. He was leading the league last year behind that abysmal piece of shit we fielded. Then he had to spit on a bitch. The guy has the ability to lead the league in rushing again if he can control himself in public, and we put some porkchops out there to block for him. Nobody likes LJ anymore. It's business now.

Chiefs=Champions
03-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Mo money, mo problems...

FAX
03-12-2009, 10:40 PM
The problem with LJ is that he is (1) a bad teammate, and most importantly (2) a bad person. People act like he is a 19 year old kid getting into useless trouble. LJ is a grown man. A grown man that has assaulted woman, makes rap songs about the team that has made him a millionaire, and worries more about fashion and Jay Z's crew than he does the Kansas City Chiefs.

The bottom line is that he is a "me" player, and benefited from an All-World line that opened holes the size of mountains. Now a step slower, a year older, and still the same bad teammate/person that he was from day 1.

He will never be the RB he could have been, nor will he ever be the teammate he should have been.

I couldn't have said it better, Mr. TRR.

This post should be engraved on his tombstone. It sums up his career perfectly.

FAX

wild1
03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
doubt he will be around

Hammock Parties
03-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Didn't you start a thread earlier this week saying what a great year you thought he'd have?
Posted via Mobile Device

no

Simply Red
03-12-2009, 10:47 PM

wow, interesting thought, I don't really know if he has 'it' @ this point. <-I saw Parker type that, and really liked it.

beavis
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BkIh1R5utY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BkIh1R5utY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FAX
03-12-2009, 10:52 PM
... Nobody likes LJ anymore. It's business now.

Yep.

He still hasn't seemed to internalize his problems with women and life in general. His most recent mea culpa only lasted until the end of the season at which time he decided to go public with the "everybody in KC hates me" whine - a song he encored in his last radio interview, if I'm not mistaken.

He's no role model, that's for sure. Just another millionaire crybaby and abuser of women. But, after watching the demise of guys like Pacman and Vince Young, I'm not surprised by anything these fools do anymore.

And you're right, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. Going forward, it will be all about performance. If Haley and Pioli can somehow convince him that, should he elevate his quality of play sufficiently, there's a way out of KC for him. And that would mean that there's an outside chance we can A) Generate some additional value from him on the field and B) Garner something for him in a trade.

FAX

Simply Red
03-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Yep.

He still hasn't seemed to internalize his problems with women and life in general. His most recent mea culpa only lasted until the end of the season at which time he decided to go public with the "everybody in KC hates me" whine - a song he encored in his last radio interview, if I'm not mistaken.

He's no role model, that's for sure. Just another millionaire crybaby and abuser of women. But, after watching the demise of guys like Pacman and Vince Young, I'm not surprised by anything these fools do anymore.

And you're right, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. Going forward, it will be all about performance. If Haley and Pioli can somehow convince him that, should he elevate his quality of play sufficiently, there's a way out of KC for him. And that would mean that there's an outside chance we can A) Generate some additional value from him on the field and B) Garner something for him in a trade.

FAX

it's so refreshing to finally have some leadership, also, to once again have faith in the GM etc. etc. etc. ....

HemiEd
03-13-2009, 03:00 AM

sad but true

WhitiE
03-13-2009, 06:38 AM

herm was black.?.?.? man makes me wounder what else i dont know......

Radar Chief
03-13-2009, 07:20 AM
:spock: Really? I think Pioli realizes that there is absolutely no financial benefit to LJ not being on this team. Put a line back up there and watch LJ rip off 1500 yards. He was leading the league last year behind that abysmal piece of shit we fielded. Then he had to spit on a bitch. The guy has the ability to lead the league in rushing again if he can control himself in public, and we put some porkchops out there to block for him. Nobody likes LJ anymore. It's business now.

Just joining the "this" crowd. ;)

the Talking Can
03-13-2009, 07:23 AM
by spitting in his face?

Katipan
03-13-2009, 07:25 AM
He just needs a strong woman in his life.

I don't know that Pioli or Haley qualifies.

Pioli Zombie
03-13-2009, 07:34 AM
no

ok, you are right. sorry. it wasnt about him having a great year, just that you'd like him to remain a Chief forever.

my bad

PhillyChiefFan
03-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Did he get booed at oak park mall recently? A friend told me she heard that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I could see that. He's being a bitch and he has been since his production fell off.

Fans know how much of a cancer he has been.

PhillyChiefFan
03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Why does he think he is so damn good? He's a mediocre back, who was made great by one of the (if not THE best) olines in the NFL.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Man I miss those Leon commercials!

Those where all time classics!

sparkky
03-13-2009, 08:49 AM
hard to say how he'll react. I have my doubts if it will be well.
if for no other reason, being pulled on long 3rd downs and being in what I expect will be a pass heavy offense won't set well.

Chief Pote
03-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Improve the OL and we don't need him.

Iowanian
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I hope they trade his ass so I don't have to care.

WilliamTheIrish
03-13-2009, 10:27 AM

Yes. And he was called out on those comments by a black columnist named Jemele Hill. Hill called Larry a "studio gangster". Great article. Larry's a fucking turd. We all thought he was being mistreated when in fact, he's a just a baby.

We'll find just how much of a professional LJ is this season. It's his last stand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/061204

Not to belittle Johnson's experiences as a young, black male -- because I'm sure it was tough growing up in a two-parent, suburban household and playing at Penn State, where his father was the defensive line coach -- but why is Johnson trying to act like he has a 'hood pass when he's more Will Smith than Tupac?

CoMoChief
03-13-2009, 11:52 AM
He didnt like the black coach what makes you think he's gonna like a white one?

PastorMikH
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
He just needs a strong woman in his life.

I don't know that Pioli or Haley qualifies.

He's pretty strong himself. She probably needs to have a lot of muscle along with a blackbelt or two in some of the martial arts fields. A concealed carry permit could also be a plus for her.

Mr. Krab
03-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Countdown til LJ makes some comment about the race of his Head Coach.

10,9,8,7 ....

Countdown until LJ wets his diaper.

5,4,3,2 ....