PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos to workout Raji and Lions to workout Curry

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Per KFFL.

Interesting.

doomy3
03-13-2009, 11:07 AM
It's not that interesting. Curry is widely considered to be the best player in the draft (except by the experts here), and the Broncos need a DT. Makes sense to me. I still think the Lions will go with a QB though, but who knows?

RealSNR
03-13-2009, 11:10 AM
It's not that interesting. Curry is widely considered to be the best player in the draft (except by the experts here), and the Broncos need a DT. Makes sense to me. I still think the Lions will go with a QB though, but who knows?Yeah, right. We'll see what a REAL expert (Scott Pioli) decides.

I'm guessing he's not going to want to draft Curry.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
It's not that interesting. Curry is widely considered to be the best player in the draft (except by the experts here)

Wrong, DoMe.

The Talking Heads (Don Banks, Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock) continue to state that he's the "cleanest" and "safest" pick in the draft.

Which is fine and dandy if you want a clean, safe player.

That doesn't make him the "best" player in the draft.

DeezNutz
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
If Gun wants him, he drinks from the dick sock.

talastan
03-13-2009, 11:18 AM
If Gun wants him, he drinks from the dick sock.

Yeah because Gun would never want a player that might actually be talented?! :spock:

htismaqe
03-13-2009, 11:19 AM
It's interesting only because the Lions pick before us and whoever they pick has a direct affect on who will be there for us.

DeezNutz
03-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah because Gun would never want a player that might actually be talented?! :spock:

Correct.

He sucks the penis. NTTAWWT.

His only notable achievement was playing a solid Eddie Mush in "A Bronx Tale."

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2009, 11:23 AM
It's interesting only because the Lions pick before us and whoever they pick has a direct affect on who will be there for us.

This.

And also a good thing is that usually the #1 pick already has a contract negotiated and announced well before the draft. Thus leaving us with less suspense.

orange
03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I'd be very pleasantly surprised if Raji's there at 12. I'm sure the Broncos would be all over that unless he really screws up his workout/interview.

Chief Roundup
03-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Well who are we bringing in for workouts and such?

keg in kc
03-13-2009, 11:28 AM
It's interesting only because the Lions pick before us and whoever they pick has a direct affect on who will be there for us.Hope to god they fall in love with Curry, because Stafford being available at 3 could really turn this draft into something special. There's no clear-cut top talent, but there's plenty of guys in the mid- to late-first to third round level - this is a year for quantity.

talastan
03-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Well who are we bringing in for workouts and such?

Remember Pioli is in charge, like the question, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop", The world may never know who the Chiefs are working out.

htismaqe
03-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Hope to god they fall in love with Curry, because Stafford being available at 3 could really turn this draft into something special. There's no clear-cut top talent, but there's plenty of guys in the mid- to late-first to third round level - this is a year for quantity.

Yep.

sedated
03-13-2009, 11:39 AM
smoke screen, all of it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Hope to god they fall in love with Curry, because Stafford being available at 3 could really turn this draft into something special. There's no clear-cut top talent, but there's plenty of guys in the mid- to late-first to third round level - this is a year for quantity.

So, you're saying if Curry's gone and Stafford is there we will have teams wanting to trade ???

Denver Dave
03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
smoke screen, all of it.

Why would Detroit run a smoke screen? They have the first overall pick. Does it matter if teams know who they covet? Maybe they're covering their ass in the event of a trade down?

keg in kc
03-13-2009, 11:49 AM
So, you're saying if Curry's gone and Stafford is there we will have teams wanting to trade ???Yeah, I think that's more likely if Stafford is there than if Curry is there.

I also think it's kind of a moot statement on my part; I believe Stafford's going 1. But a guy can dream.

dirk digler
03-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Why would Detroit run a smoke screen? They have the first overall pick. Does it matter if teams know who they covet? Maybe they're covering their ass in the event of a trade down?

Yep. No reason for Detroit to have a smoke screen unless they want to trade down which would be highly unlikely.

Fish
03-13-2009, 11:51 AM

If other teams really believe Detroit is serious about a certain guy they also like, they will be more likely to attempt a trade. If Detroit ignores Stafford for example, other teams might be less hesitant to try and trade thinking Stafford would fall...

Smokescreen or not, it's good practice... gives them more options...

Kerberos
03-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Yep. No reason for Detroit to have a smoke screen unless they want to trade down which would be highly unlikely.

With what is available in top 5 talent it is even MORE unlikely that anyone would WANT to trade up into the LIONS position IMO.

ChiefRon
03-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Raji will not be there at #12, but they can make us an offer.

We'll listen.

talastan
03-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Anyone suspect Stafford could possibly have a long day in the Green room a la Brady Quinn? :hmmm:

talastan
03-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Raji will not be there at #12, but they can make us an offer.

We'll listen.

Cutler and swap first rounders! ;) Just kidding donkey fans..or am I?! :Pinky:

doomy3
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Wrong, DoMe.

The Talking Heads (Don Banks, Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock) continue to state that he's the "cleanest" and "safest" pick in the draft.

Which is fine and dandy if you want a clean, safe player.

That doesn't make him the "best" player in the draft.

It's so witty when you come up with these brilliant nicknames.

And, you probably have much more insight on this subject. I am just going on the fact that Mayock, Scouts, Inc., and McShay all have him as the #1 player on their boards. I can't find Kiper's, but I think he had Stafford #1.

Mile High Mania
03-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I think you're going to hear a lot of the top 15 or so teams working out a number of these highly ranked players... using it as smoke screens for what they want and to make other teams nervous, possibly driving up trade chatter.

Mr. Krab
03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
The first team in the draft will workout multiple players just to help with contract negotiations. It doesn't mean much.

Reerun_KC
03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
IF the Lions take Curry, the true fans will melt down...