PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Now that the king is gone what would u

chiefscafan
03-14-2009, 04:10 PM
What would you say were carl petterson's biggest screw ups?

I'll go first forcing elvis grbac down our throats when it was obvious that Gannon was better.

What do you guys think?

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Breathing.

RedThat
03-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I agree letting Gannon go was one of his biggest mistakes. I also think letting Donnie Edwards go in his prime was a mistake. And I think resigning all those junks on defense during the Vermeil years was DEFINATELY his biggest mistake.

Failure to improve a porous defense while having a high powered offense was significant flaw during his tenure in KC. Had they improved the defense with better players, who knows? maybe the Chiefs would have been competing in a few bowls?

milkman
03-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Every single coaching hire he made from Marty to Cunther, to Dick, to Herman fucking Edwards.

Giving away draft picks for both Dick and Herman fucking Edwards still pisses me off when I think about it.

Carl was useless from the moment he hired Marty, as far as I was concerned.

FAX
03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
It's sort of a general complaint, but I'd say Carl's greatest failure was the fact that he didn't really protect the future of the franchise.

In his last year or so of employment, he made the case (or finally admitted) that he basically always did what his head coach du jour desired in terms of support. True or not, the result of his approach was that the franchise was continuously bereft of sufficient developmental players and depth.

Well, that and his habit of dressing up like a high school cheerleader and performing for the club at training camp.

FAX

Buehler445
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards.

Without a doubt.

Players had an effect, but the sweeping SUCK that infested the organization when Herm was hired had a much more dramatic effect than any of King Carl's other decisions.

Hootie
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Every single coaching hire he made from Marty to ****her, to Dick, to Herman ****ing Edwards.

Giving away draft picks for both Dick and Herman ****ing Edwards still pisses me off when I think about it.

Carl was useless from the moment he hired Marty, as far as I was concerned.

I still don't know how Marty Schottenheimer was a mistake...and really Dick Vermeil to a smaller extent.

Yeah Vermeil didn't work out, but he was a PROVEN NFL coach who had built a winner in St. Louis and almost did the same thing in KC he just couldn't find the defense.

Yeah, Vermeil sold the franchise out for now and it took Herm and Carl two years to realize it was time for a rebuild...

But come on...Marty was a real good coach for KC and Vermeil was somewhat of a disappointment but I will hardly call him a mistake...we had a Super Bowl caliber team twice (2003, 2005) and we didn't get the right bounces...everyone knows it takes a bounce or two to win a Super Bowl...2005 will always be a disappointing season for me because I truly think the Chiefs were the best team in the NFL that year.

Otter
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Not developing a QB.

Not developing a QB when he would have had the opportunity to learn under Joe Montana.

Not developing a QB when he would have had the opportunity to learn under Joe Montana then wind up trading high round picks for 7th round picks (Green & Grbac) that were available through the draft while Joe Montana was here.

keg in kc
03-14-2009, 04:34 PM
The draft from 1993-2007, and the Chiefs utter failure to develop superstars at key, game-changing positions. As we all know, his best draft picks in that time were a guard and a tight end.

I think that failure is part of the reason why so much of the fanbase is so quick to go for 'safe' draft picks early, and while they're so attracted by blue collar/overachiever type players. Because Carl very rarely hit home runs. Gonzo aside (and of course DT in '89...), Chiefs fans just don't know what it's like to land that stud player, and watch him become a superstar before their eyes. They can't associate with that. At all. But they do know how to fall in love with the Mike Maslowski's, the Marc Boerigter's, and even the Tony Richardson's and Brian Waters'.

Hootie
03-14-2009, 04:36 PM
I agree with the draft and QB...I don't agree with Marty/Vermeil.

Chief Faithful
03-14-2009, 04:36 PM
It's sort of a general complaint, but I'd say Carl's greatest failure was the fact that he didn't really protect the future of the franchise.

In his last year or so of employment, he made the case (or finally admitted) that he basically always did what his head coach du jour desired in terms of support. True or not, the result of his approach was that the franchise was continuously bereft of sufficient developmental players and depth.

Well, that and his habit of dressing up like a high school cheerleader and performing for the club at training camp.

FAX

When you get serious you make good sense. The youngest teams he had were his first and last year.

milkman
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I still don't know how Marty Schottenheimer was a mistake...and really Dick Vermeil to a smaller extent.

Yeah Vermeil didn't work out, but he was a PROVEN NFL coach who had built a winner in St. Louis and almost did the same thing in KC he just couldn't find the defense.

Yeah, Vermeil sold the franchise out for now and it took Herm and Carl two years to realize it was time for a rebuild...

But come on...Marty was a real good coach for KC and Vermeil was somewhat of a disappointment but I will hardly call him a mistake...we had a Super Bowl caliber team twice (2003, 2005) and we didn't get the right bounces...everyone knows it takes a bounce or two to win a Super Bowl...2005 will always be a disappointing season for me because I truly think the Chiefs were the best team in the NFL that year.

And it was just Marty's bad fortune to never, ever, have the bounces go his way.

I watched "The Drive" and thought to myself that Marty was a ****ing dumbass for playing soft on defense, playing the prevent.

It was the first glimpse of his play not to lose approach, and I happy as hell at that time that he wasn't the Chiefs HC.

Little did I know that he was only a couple of years away from being just that.

I was pisssed when Carl hired him, and we got almost exactly what I expected.

As to Dick, I felt that the stars all lined up for him perfectly in StL., from good drafts before he joined the Rams, to getting the right OC that was a perfect balance to his own previous more conservative approach, to the front office steping in and forcing him to make necessary adjustments to his coaching philosophy, and approach to players, and that he could never achieve that same perfect blend again.

DJJasonp
03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
for my money....giving an immature RB...who just came off of a record-setting year in regards to carries....and history showing that no RB is ever the same after that volume of carries in following years....a huge long-term contract.

Meanwhile....letting the best pass-rusher the organization has had since DT go to Minnesota.

Ego....over what was best for the organization.

DeezNutz
03-14-2009, 05:30 PM
I understand milkman's argument.

I would suggest, however, that a Marty was needed to get this franchise back on its feet. Someone else was needed to close the deal.

Ideally, Carl should have left (read: been fired) after the '98 season. At the very latest, the Gunther fiasco should have ended Carl's tenure.

'01-present has been a complete ****ing disaster. And I don't want to hear about 13-3, the offense, bullshit, etc. This team has been no where fucking close to a SB for the last 8 years. No where fucking close.

ChiefRon
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Trading JA and re-signing LJ, instead of the other way around

Bwana
03-14-2009, 06:23 PM
What would you say were carl petterson's biggest screw up?

He was born.........

dilligaf
03-14-2009, 06:26 PM
How about letting Neil Smith go to the donks. May not be the worst, but still a mistake.

rad
03-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Joe Horn ranks up there. Imagine having him around while DV, Priest, Green, Roaf, etc. was here?

Sam Hall
03-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Drafting Ryan Sims when any number of players would have been better and would have helped the defense make one needed stop against Indianapolis in the playoffs.

Sam Hall
03-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Carl totally screwed us over when he drafted Ryan Sims instead of Dwight Freeney or Albert Haynesworth.

stumppy
03-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Never bringing in a franchise QB. Especially when the oppurtunity was there for a young QB to learn the game from Joe Montana for a couple years.

He never built a team for the franchise. It always seemed like every year when things would get rolling for the season it would be another " well, what kind of team do we have this year ?" I always wondered what it would be like to go into the season knowing my team was built on a solid foundation as opposed to waiting to see what was thrown together for now.

PastorMikH
03-14-2009, 07:23 PM
His biggest was staying past 1990.

warrior
03-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Trading JA and re-signing LJ, instead of the other way around

This was epic. :shake:

FAX
03-14-2009, 07:29 PM
His biggest was staying past 1990.

There's some truthism in that post.

You know, when you stop and think about it, there really isn't another owner in the entire league who would have stuck with Carl over all those years. Amazing. Truly amazing.

FAX

PastorMikH
03-14-2009, 07:31 PM
It's fairly well known how he talked to Tait. Tait was pretty resentful over that. I wonder how many FAs - even top FAs over the years left KC without even considering coming back because of the way Carl tried to handle them?

patteeu
03-14-2009, 08:05 PM

FAX

I mostly disagree with this. I think he catered to his coaches to a great degree, but with the exception of the end of the Dick Vermeil era, I think he always kept his eye on the future and refused to mortgage it in an all out effort to "win now". It's why so many people accused him of being satisfied with 9-7 or 10-6 seasons instead of going for broke to push his teams over the top like the San Franciscos and Dallases of the league who ended up in salary cap hell after pegging it for a few seasons. With Dick Vermeil in place and knowing that he was in the twilight of his own Chiefs' career, Peterson did let the team age in one more effort to make his extended 5 year plan successful, but I think that was the exception rather than the rule. JMO.

patteeu
03-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Gbrac over Gannon was a big one.

IMO, so was signing LJ to a big "thank you" contract (and I could be convinced that the last contracts that Priest and DT signed were mistakes too).

Counting on Steve Bono as the teams starter was a big one too.

But I'm going to nominate his decision to sign Elvis Grbac when Jeff George was available as his biggest mistake. I know that there are plenty of George haters/doubters out there, but he had at least one fantastic season at both Oakland and Minnesota and the Chiefs were so close to making it to the SB at that point that I think it would have put them over the top. For all his faults, George wouldn't have pissed down his leg anytime the going got tough like Grbac did.

FAX
03-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I mostly disagree with this. I think he catered to his coaches to a great degree, but with the exception of the end of the Dick Vermeil era, I think he always kept his eye on the future and refused to mortgage it in an all out effort to "win now". It's why so many people accused him of being satisfied with 9-7 or 10-6 seasons instead of going for broke to push his teams over the top like the San Franciscos and Dallases of the league who ended up in salary cap hell after pegging it for a few seasons. With Dick Vermeil in place and knowing that he was in the twilight of his own Chiefs' career, Peterson did let the team age in one more effort to make his extended 5 year plan successful, but I think that was the exception rather than the rule. JMO.

I suppose I can understand your point from the perspective of the salary cap, Mr. patteeu. The Chiefs have, overall, been conservative with the cap. But actually, that was part of the problem. From where I sit, Carl either never properly emphasized player continuity or was simply incompetent when it came to preparing options as retirement or free agency or injury depleted our club. That's why we've constantly struggled trying to patch holes in free agency - there were just too many holes.

The problem was compounded, obviously, by all the draft misses over the last two decades. The Chiefs are probably the worst drafters in the NFL during that time, based on players contributing in the NFL 10 years later - let alone our team.

Nevertheless, it all added up - the conservative approach to the cap indicates that we weren't paying enough for a stable of developmental players and depth. The poor drafting forced us, time after time, to make urgent free agency decisions - most of whom didn't pan out either and, as older players, were also only short-term solutions, at best. Taken together, it's evidence that Carl failed to protect our future by focusing properly on transitional players and player development.

FAX

keg in kc
03-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't know that the chiefs were any more conservative with the cap than anybody else. And they tried to develop from within too. I mean, they spent the money, they just wasted it on contracts for guys like Eric Hicks and Eric Warfield. And there's a list that would go on and on and on if I took the time to think about it.

htismaqe
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't know that the chiefs were any more conservative with the cap than anybody else. And they tried to develop from within too. I mean, they spent the money, they just wasted it on contracts for guys like Eric Hicks and Eric Warfield. And there's a list that would go on and on and on if I took the time to think about it.

At one point Warfield was making $4M a year I believe.

And don't forget Dan Williams.

PastorMikH
03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
At one point Warfield was making $4M a year I believe.

And don't forget Dan Williams.

Hicks was WAY over paid for WAY too many years.

whoman69
03-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Making 5th round picks in the 2nd round every year.

DeezNutz
03-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Carl had the (generally) misguided notion that "if you could just get into the tournament" anything could happen.

This was the underpinning of a lot of poor decisions, which tends to happen when one chases a false pretense.

88TG88
03-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Drafting Ryan Sims when any number of players would have been better and would have helped the defense make one needed stop against Indianapolis in the playoffs.

Damn, I hate Sims. So many other good options and we picked that fuck up.

chiefscafan
03-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah my brother has never given me credit for anything but this comment I made back after LJ ran for the back to back over 1800 yard seasons I said. JOnathan we should trade him now he is gonna go down hill from here with all the carries. I also said it's gonna cost us allen. My brother to this day says you were right we should have traded him when we had the chance.
All I kept remembering was how eddie george fell apart after all those carries.

that is an all time screw up.

but watching grbac with the deer stuck in a headlights look everytime there was pressure was unberable LOL

Pioli Zombie
03-14-2009, 10:25 PM

WTF????
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox
03-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Drafting Todd Blackledge.

PastorMikH
03-14-2009, 10:44 PM

And passing on Marino and Elway to boot!

:)

KCrockaholic
03-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Treating the Chiefs fans like money instead of people...Like he always said, "your not a true fan until you buy season tickets" ..well guess what? some of us dont have millions of dollars to spend on season tickets, especially when the product you put on the field is garbage. I would have had no problem having season tickets if Carl could have paid for them each year.

rrl308
03-15-2009, 12:21 AM
I agree with the draft and QB...I don't agree with Marty/Vermeil.

This

SBK
03-15-2009, 01:47 AM
He never drafted QB's. Never developed a QB. Super Bowls are won with home grown QB's.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2009, 02:58 AM

How in the God Fuck could anyone consider any of Vermeil's teams to be Super Bowl caliber, I'll never fucking know.

Coach
03-15-2009, 03:01 AM
How in the God Fuck could anyone consider any of Vermeil's teams to be Super Bowl caliber, I'll never fucking know.

His offenses is considered Super Bowl caliber.

His defenses, however, is not.

Otter
03-15-2009, 03:44 AM
Damn, I hate Sims. So many other good options and we picked that **** up.

Simms seemed like a good pick at the time. I don't remember too many people bitching about him when he was drafted and other teams and draft pundints had him ranked rather high.

I still contend that the Chiefs simply didn't have the mentors to develop defensive linemen into the NFL. The sample pool is pretty large on how badly they've failed in this category. The lack of addressing the people developing DLs and failing over such a long time period falls on Peterson no doubt.

Simms may be a victim of circumstance as well as he may have been just a bad choice. Much like the licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll lollipop the world may never know.

I'm just glad Peterson is gone. He was left unchallenged for too long and we all know the saying about absolute power.

Crush
03-15-2009, 05:02 AM
Steve Bono
Elvis Grbac
Dan Williams
Bam Morris
Victor Riley
Chester McGlockton
etc...

Manila-Chief
03-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Decisions regarding Bono/Cannon/etc. was probably more of a coaching decision than a Carl decision. Now, not drafting a QBOTF or signing a quality FA QB was Carl's failure.

Carl totally screwed us over when he drafted Ryan Sims instead of Dwight Freeney or Albert Haynesworth.

This ...

Carl had the (generally) misguided notion that "if you could just get into the tournament" anything could happen.

This was the underpinning of a lot of poor decisions, which tends to happen when one chases a false pretense.

Agree

And passing on Marino and Elway to boot!

:)

This illustrates that he was very poor at talent evaluation. I know QB's are a hit/miss thing, but had he taken almost any of the other QB's in that draft ... just maybe Marty could have taken us to a few SB's???

Also, had he taken Haynesworth or Henderson instead of Sims????

His offenses is considered Super Bowl caliber.

His defenses, however, is not.

This was going to me my #1 ... his failure to sign (couldn't draft cuz DV didn't like to play rookies) just 1 top tier defensive FA. All DV needed was 1 punt per game to win. Instead Carl sat on the sideline until the difference makers were signed and tried to "get by" or save money with the over the hill guys. Which maybe points to his main failure ... $$$ or profit was his main motive and not winning a SB.

Simms seemed like a good pick at the time. I don't remember too many people bitching about him when he was drafted and other teams and draft pundints had him ranked rather high.

I still contend that the Chiefs simply didn't have the mentors to develop defensive linemen into the NFL. The sample pool is pretty large on how badly they've failed in this category. The lack of addressing the people developing DLs and failing over such a long time period falls on Peterson no doubt.

Simms may be a victim of circumstance as well as he may have been just a bad choice. Much like the licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll lollipop the world may never know.

I'm just glad Peterson is gone. He was left unchallenged for too long and we all know the saying about absolute power.

Oh, I remember several bringing up the fact that he played next to Peppers and was over rated and many wanted one of the other defensive players. Carl took

Coaching? Didn't Carl get Sims signed late and he missed some TC? Maybe that set him back? But, he has not turned into a star since he left us and all of the teams can't have poor coaching. I think Sims was prehaps an early 2nd. day pick and he has played up to that level.

Everyone here agrees with your last statement!!!!!!!!

58-4ever
03-15-2009, 08:21 AM
The kicker whose name I won't mention.

milkman
03-15-2009, 08:30 AM
This illustrates that he was very poor at talent evaluation. I know QB's are a hit/miss thing, but had he taken almost any of the other QB's in that draft ... just maybe Marty could have taken us to a few SB's???

Also, had he taken Haynesworth or Henderson instead of Sims????

LMAO

milkman
03-15-2009, 08:31 AM
The kicker whose name I won't mention.

Here. let me help you out.

Linn Elliot.

Just in case you missed it.

Linn Elliot.

And just for the hell of it.

Linn Elliot.

BigRedChief
03-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Draft and FA player evaluation.

BigRedChief
03-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Here. let me help you out.

player whose name is never to be mentioned again

Just in case you missed it.

And just for the hell of it.

Yeah, your a real rebel.:rolleyes:

gblowfish
03-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm tired of thinking about King Carl. Let's move on.

milkman
03-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Yeah, your a real rebel.:rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with rebellion.

This has to do with you dumb ****ers who don't have a ****ing clue.

This is from another thread.

Linn Elliot?

You know, I am really sick of this stupid shit.

Linn Elliot sucked ass.
We all knew Linn Elliot sucked ass going into those playoffs, and yet we continue to blame Linn Elliot for the loss, when the blame for the loss should fall squarely on Marty's shoulders.

Marty is the dumbass who continuously put Linn Elliot in a position to fail, knowing full well that Linn Elliot was very likely going to fail, because Linn Elliot sucked ass.

Linn Elliot was a symtom of a disease.
Marty was the disease.

"The kicker who shall remain unnamed" is the stupidest ****ing shit ever, and I will write Linn Elliot every time one of you useless ****ing dumbasses say it.

So get used to it, dickbreath.

BigRedChief
03-15-2009, 08:56 AM
This has nothing to do with rebellion.

This has to do with you dumb ****ers who don't have a ****ing clue.

This is from another thread.

"The kicker who shall remain unnamed" is the stupidest ****ing shit ever, and I will write Linn Elliot every time one of you useless ****ing dumbasses say it.

So get used to it, dickbreath.
dickbreath?ROFL

you do know that name calling is the last resort of a limited mind, don't you?

Shox
03-15-2009, 10:38 AM
My top 10:

1. Being an arrogant pompas ass. This impacted his ability to draft, make trades, and sign players.
2. Constantly reaching for players so he could look like a genious for drafting someone high nobody else thought should go that high, when they turned into to pro bowlers.
3. Never getting a franchise QB.
4. Hiring Herm Edwards as head coach (and giving up a pick to do it, unbelievable).
5. Being forced to trade Jared Allan because Allan was never going to sign a contract with King Carl
6. Not backing Rich Gannon
7. Becoming lazy. How in the world is a NFL GM on vacation the first few days of free agency.
8. Leting Donnie Ewards get away.
9. Leting Neil Smith get away.
10. Being an arrogant pompas ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deserves two spots in my top 10.

milkman
03-15-2009, 10:43 AM
dickbreath?ROFL

you do know that name calling is the last resort of a limited mind, don't you?

You do realize that is just some useless made up bullshit that some dumbass came up with in the hope that it would stop the pain of getting insulted by someone with a superior mind.

milkman
03-15-2009, 10:44 AM
My top 10:

1. Being an arrogant pompas ass. This impacted his ability to draft, make trades, and sign players.
2. Constantly reaching for players so he could look like a genious for drafting someone high nobody else thought should go that high, when they turned into to pro bowlers.
3. Never getting a franchise QB.
4. Hiring Herm Edwards as head coach (and giving up a pick to do it, unbelievable).
5. Being forced to trade Jared Allan because Allan was never going to sign a contract with King Carl
6. Not backing Rich Gannon
7. Becoming lazy. How in the world is a NFL GM on vacation the first few days of free agency.
8. Leting Donnie Ewards get away.
9. Leting Neil Smith get away.
10. Being an arrogant pompas ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deserves two spots in my top 10.

Donnie Edwards is one of the most, if not the most, overrated players by Chiefs fans.

Rausch
03-15-2009, 11:17 AM
In no particular order:

Letting Lowery go.
Trading for Girlbac.
Trading for Bono.
Hiring GROB.
Carlton Grey.
Always building his team around the fad offense of the time...

DeezNutz
03-15-2009, 11:28 AM
In no particular order:

Letting Lowery go.
Trading for Girlbac.
Trading for Bono.
Hiring GROB.
Carlton Grey.
Always building his team around the fad offense of the time...

Symptoms of the larger disease.

Pioli Zombie
03-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how someone thought the 2005 Chiefs were going to win the Super Bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

GoTrav
03-15-2009, 01:32 PM
never tipping me and making me leave his car in out front when I had to valet his stupid Mercedes that had a personalized plate on the dash saying something qweer like "Made special for Carl Peterson"

patteeu
03-15-2009, 07:21 PM
I think the Lin Elliot fiasco has to fall primarily on the coach's head. The decision to keep Grbac over Gannon, OTOH, had a lot to do with which one was conveniently at the end of his contract and which one was not, IMO, and that implicates Carl at least to some extent.

MavKC
03-15-2009, 11:58 PM
I do hope some of you chuckleheads do realize that Todd Blackledge was drafted during Jack Steadman's reign, and not Carl Peterson's. I'm pretty certain that was a joke, but in the intrest of not passing on bad info I thought I'd say something. :)

Carl and Marty are credited with dragging the Chiefs out of a pretty dreadful black hole of lameness that was the '70's and '80's Chiefs.

I remember going to games at Arrowhead when there were probably more people working at Arrowhead than people in the seats. The only time I would see the stadium over half full was when the Raiders or Broncos were in town. And in the case of the Broncos, there were more of their fans in our stadium then Chiefs fans.

I'll give kudos to them for putting "butts in the seats" and actually giving me an ideal of what 78,000 people look like in Arrowhead.

Beyond that, a certain lack of coaching creativity, and misguided choices by the GM and Owner (sorry, I loved Lamar, but he needs to share the blame as well) pretty much sealed our fate as fans getting nothing but teases of greatness each season, and whole lot of "what if's" at the end of a one.

At the end of Peterson's "5 year plan", him and Marty should of been given an ultimatium of one more year to produce or both him and Carl should of been fired.

Just making it to the playoffs each year and promptly finding ways to lose them should of sealed the deal for both those guys.

Don't even get me started on Vermil's teams with no defense, or the abortion that was Herm.

jAZ
03-16-2009, 01:01 AM
What would you say were carl petterson's biggest screw ups?

I'll go first forcing elvis grbac down our throats when it was obvious that Gannon was better.

What do you guys think?

This thread ended with the first post.

Hootie
03-16-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how someone thought the 2005 Chiefs were going to win the Super Bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device
They were better than the 2003 Chiefs...they lost Willie Roaf for the majority of the season (easily their most valuable offensive player)...

They wasted 7 games on Priest Holmes when Larry Johnson was CLEARLY the superior back...he only rushed for 9 straight 100 yard games and pretty much would have shattered every single season record that year if Priest Holmes and his 3.6 YPC didn't exist...they lost games down the stretch that they had no business ever losing...Cowboys/Giants...it took miracle dumbshit plays for them to lose both games...they play those two teams 10 times then win 9 out of 10 and somehow they managed to choke both games away...they lost to Buffalo because Jordan Black couldn't protect Trent and Saunders was too stubborn to give Black help...

The Chiefs were easily a top 2 or 3 team in the AFC...no doubt...their defense was adequate enough and their offense with Roaf and Johnson in the lineup was every bit as good (if not better) than the 2003 offense...no one would have wanted to face us had we made the playoffs...and as a lot of teams have proven...all it takes is getting there and a little bit of a hot streak...the Chiefs had a team that was capable of beating anyone every Sunday if they had it going on...and that team was capable of doing it.