PDA

View Full Version : Life Went prom dress shopping with my 17 year old ..Royal blue was our mission.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 05:48 PM
She is actually doing her Jr/Sr year all in the same year so this is her only prom.

We usually do not make a good pair when shopping for her, our tastes are NOT in sync.

Today...we went to one store, didn't like anything there...either of us.

I suggested SEARS...she said oh mom, that is such a low end old lady clothes store, they won't have anything...

I said, well, lets just go see... (mom isn't stupid and was once 17)

We ride up the escalator and right at the top was the most beautiful blue dress with puffs (Imagine the gold ball dress of Belle from Beauty and the Beast only strapless)

she said, well they probably won't have my size, and it will have to be altered...

first dress was the correct size

I said try it on. she said okay

tried it on...FITS like a GLOVE even the length and the bust...we noswad women are blessed with ample cleavage.

she said but it's 169 dollars...(she didn't know dad said we could go to 250)

I said that is okay...

I asked if she liked it...she said yes it was perfect and just what she had in mind.

I said do you want to look anywhere else...she said no, someone might take this one. I said well lets buy it then. She said but it is expensive...I said it was within budget.

Get to the register SALE we got it for 149 after taxes ect...

SO Shoes to go with it.. strappy little silver numbers.

All in all it was a GREAT day

Pictures of my beautiful daughter

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7854/hollipromdress1.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hollipromdress1.jpg) http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/796/hollipromdress2.th.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hollipromdress2.jpg) http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6074/hollipromdress3.th.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hollipromdress3.jpg)

Reaper16
03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Congrats. Sounds like a nice parent day.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 05:55 PM
it was absolutely glorious.

She is a great kid, but she is 17 and at that age where she knows everything and we parents don't...

We don't have to worry about drugs, drinking, sex ect...but we do have many clashes in ideology and she doesn't know when to back down for the good of the household peace.

so I was not anticipating this shopping adventure, but it was so wonderful. We had lunch at the mall and then got orange juilious before we left and she is SOOOOOO happy

LocoChiefsFan
03-14-2009, 06:46 PM
FITS like a GLOVE even the length and the bust...we noswad women are blessed with ample cleavage. Pictures later

This threads worthless... oh I just noticed. Promises, promises.

BWillie
03-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I would get a white dress. Remember the Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky fiasco when she.....well. Nevermind. Best of luck

Skip Towne
03-14-2009, 07:28 PM
She should have gotten a gownless evening strap.

FAX
03-14-2009, 07:41 PM
She is actually doing her Jr/Sr year all in the same year so this is her only prom.

We usually do not make a good pair when shopping for her, our tastes are NOT in sync.

Today...we went to one store, didn't like anything there...either of us.

I suggested SEARS...she said oh mom, that is such a low end old lady clothes store, they won't have anything...

I said, well, lets just go see... (mom isn't stupid and was once 17)

We ride up the escalator and right at the top was the most beautiful blue dress with puffs (Imagine the gold ball dress of Belle from Beauty and the Beast only strapless)

she said, well they probably won't have my size, and it will have to be altered...

first dress was the correct size

I said try it on. she said okay

tried it on...FITS like a GLOVE even the length and the bust...we noswad women are blessed with ample cleavage.

she said but it's 169 dollars...(she didn't know dad said we could go to 250)

I said that is okay...

I asked if she liked it...she said yes it was perfect and just what she had in mind.

I said do you want to look anywhere else...she said no, someone might take this one. I said well lets buy it then. She said but it is expensive...I said it was within budget.

Get to the register SALE we got it for 149 after taxes ect...

SO Shoes to go with it.. strappy little silver numbers.

All in all it was a GREAT day

Pictures later

This never happens. Ever.

I hope you realize just how fortunate you are, Ms. noswad. Clearly, the Muse of Awesome Shopping Experiences has nested in your purse.

FAX

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 07:43 PM
This never happens. Ever.

I hope you realize just how fortunate you are, Ms. noswad. Clearly, the Muse of Awesome Shopping Experiences has nested in your purse.

FAX

I so know how awesome this was. Everyone in the noswad household tonight is happy and that is rare :)

She is taking pictures of herself in the dress and calling all her friends and her grandma and uncle. It is a joy to see her this happy

Skip Towne
03-14-2009, 07:51 PM
I so know how awesome this was. Everyone in the noswad household tonight is happy and that is rare :)

She is taking pictures of herself in the dress and calling all her friends and her grandma and uncle. It is a joy to see her this happy

Don't worry, life will come along and kick her in the butt. It always does.

FAX
03-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Well, I'm happy too then, Ms. noswad. It's good to hear.

You know, until I became a father, my main concerns were my own interests. I was probably the most egotistical, self-centered, and selfish person you might ever hope to meet. Rarely did I ever take any joy in the happiness of others - unless there was something in it for me, of course.

My son changed that, though. Not long after becoming a dad, I found myself enjoying his happiness - indirectly, you know. Eventually, it changed my life and the way I viewed the world and the peeps in it. Today, I can actually find joy in the joy of others. Funny, that.

FAX

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Well, I'm happy too then, Ms. noswad. It's good to hear.

You know, until I became a father, my main concerns were my own interests. I was probably the most egotistical, self-centered, and selfish person you might ever hope to meet. Rarely did I ever take any joy in the happiness of others - unless there was something in it for me, of course.

My son changed that, though. Not long after becoming a dad, I found myself enjoying his happiness - indirectly, you know. Eventually, it changed my life and the way I viewed the world and the peeps in it. Today, I can actually find joy in the joy of others. Funny, that.

FAX

I can so totally understand. I think when we become parents we instinctivly put our children first in our minds and everything we do. We don't plan it, it just happens.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 07:55 PM

why are you being such a debbie downer today?

FAX
03-14-2009, 07:56 PM

He woke up.

FAX

DeezNutz
03-14-2009, 07:59 PM

Too often, I'm afraid this is an apt description of myself.

I'm sure (hope) I'll be astounded by my own changes if/when my wife and I have kids.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 08:04 PM

I'm sure (hope) I'll be astounded by my own changes if/when my wife and I have kids.

it will. You don't have to plan for it, it just happens

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 08:06 PM

Fuckin' materialistic women. Sheesh.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 08:07 PM

Prostate flaring up again, Skip?

FAX
03-14-2009, 08:12 PM

There is something extremely primal about having children, Mr. DeezNutz. I don't mean in the primitive sense ... it seems to alter your thinking and approach to life on a very basic, fundamental level. As Ms. noswad says, it isn't something you plan for (as if you could). Rather, the experience gradually changes your personality over time in very profound ways. One of these changes seems to be that you begin placing a higher value on another person - as opposed to yourself, I mean. At least that's what happened in my case.

FAX

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 08:13 PM
****in' materialistic women. Sheesh.

better than a pervert who is posting his sexual dumbassery all over the net

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm a theory pervert. There is a difference.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm a theory pervert. There is a difference.

still dumbassery

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Always dumbassery.

DeezNutz
03-14-2009, 08:42 PM
There is something extremely primal about having children, Mr. DeezNutz. I don't mean in the primitive sense ... it seems to alter your thinking and approach to life on a very basic, fundamental level. As Ms. noswad says, it isn't something you plan for (as if you could). Rather, the experience gradually changes your personality over time in very profound ways. One of these changes seems to be that you begin placing a higher value on another person - as opposed to yourself, I mean. At least that's what happened in my case.

FAX

Do you think it's an age thing, too, Mr. FAX? At least from a man's perspective? Parenthood, as best I gather, seems to be an entirely different animal for women.

I ask because I think I'm just entering the phase of my life when I have...not sure of the word here...matured/grounded/developed...enough that having kids is something I'm looking forward to. My wife and I have been married for some time, have built a solid foundation, had some great experiences, and, well, the idea of kids is more appealing now than it's ever been previously.

Mr. Kotter
03-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Wow. That's really cool. I can only hope it goes as smoothly with my two daughters, in a few years. ;)

I won't hold my breath though.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 09:07 PM

FAX

I agree, I had all three of my children by the time i was 24 years old and they had become my entire reason for exhistance, they were my life, I divorced when they were 10,9, and 4 and my children became even closer, I clung the them. When they grew up and moved away I didn't know what to do with myself, it seemed I had no identity of my own, I realized I didn't know what I liked to do for myself or what I really liked to do period. It has taken me years to finally be able to live a life based on what I like and need. I sometimes don't believe I am still fully whole. I felt like for about 2 years that there was no purpose in my life, I worked, but for what? I was used to having to buy school cloths and things my children needed and some things they just wanted , now nothing meant much. I am learning to adjust to being alone with no one to depend on me but there are still days it seems hard.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 09:17 PM
pictures of my beautiful daughter

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 09:18 PM
oh what a beautiful daughter

luv
03-14-2009, 09:19 PM

Awesome color, and I like the back.

DeezNutz
03-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Congrats noswad on the successful shopping and the beautiful daughter.

Katipan
03-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Totally couldn't picture what ruffle things you were talking about in Belle's dress.

Heh. Turned out to be a perfect description.

Very sweet. She looks so happy.

Rain Man
03-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice dress. Teenage girls in prom dresses intellectually stimulate me. You know, thinking about how gravity and strapless dresses battle each other.

Earthling
03-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Very pretty little lady there. :clap::clap:You should be very proud and count your blessings. Mine is 14 now so I will have the prom dresses and drivers liscense, car, etc. still to expect in the nearing future. Hard to believe they grow up so fast, huh? :D

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Totally couldn't picture what ruffle things you were talking about in Belle's dress.

Heh. Turned out to be a perfect description.

Very sweet. She looks so happy.

Thank you.

She is happy and I am proud.

when she tried it on in the dressing room, I had tears in my eyes

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 09:29 PM
oh i teared up just reading this thread...

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Awesome color, and I like the back.

Thanks

I do too

Skip Towne
03-14-2009, 09:38 PM

Because you are waay too happy.

wild1
03-14-2009, 09:42 PM
hmmm... i expected someone would have made some inappropriate comments by now.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 09:45 PM
hmmm... i expected someone would have made some inappropriate comments by now.

most people here are respectful when it comes to each others kids

keg in kc
03-14-2009, 09:47 PM
most people here are respectful when it comes to each others kidsAnd then there's creepy uncle kevin talking about how teens in prom dresses stimulate him. :eek:

Rain Man
03-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Because you are waay too happy.

My inner psychologist is picking up an internalized message here. Did you go to prom? Or did the girl you were planning to ask go with your arch-enemy, and you boycotted and while you were walking down the sidewalk on prom night to get a milk shake at the local dairy queen, your wannabe date and her arch-enemy boyfriend drove by in his new Chevy, and her underwear flew out the window and hit you in the face?

Rain Man
03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
And then there's creepy uncle kevin talking about how teens in prom dresses stimulate him. :eek:

I apologize. On my jog today, I went past the convention center not knowing that there was a high school girl's volleyball tournament going on, and a lot of them were on break standing outside in their uniforms. I've been a bit distracted ever since trying to figure out which ones were 18.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I do hope she takes her lip ring out tho...

it is the one thing I let her do that I don't like.

she convinced me by saying:

I make all A's
I am graduating High School in 3 years
I don't smoke, drink or do drugs
I work 30 hours a week

I just want my lip pierced to show a little rebel.

what could I say...

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 09:55 PM
oh those lip rings

nasty i agree

Rain Man
03-14-2009, 09:56 PM

I make all A's
I work 30 hours a week

what could I say...

I wasn't going to mention that. If I was 25 years younger and unmarried, I still wouldn't like that thing.

Tell her that a middle-aged bald man on chiefsplanet didn't like it. I'm sure that'll change her mind.

Buehler445
03-14-2009, 09:57 PM

I make all A's
I work 30 hours a week

what could I say...

no.....?

Anyway, congrats on the good experience and good daughter. You should be proud.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:00 PM
no.....?

Anyway, congrats on the good experience and good daughter. You should be proud.

Thanks

yes I could have said no, but it is a minor battle that I really didn't need to fight and when she realizes how dumb it looks, she will take it out. the scar will be smaller than a chicken pox scar

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:02 PM

can you bump pictures?

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:07 PM
This threads worthless... oh I just noticed. Promises, promises.

Post 26

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 10:12 PM
You know, it is a nice dress. But I think it makes her butt look big? Maybe? Just offering some constructive criticism. I am a fashion designer on the side so I know a few things. Maybe a different dress would accentuate her sleek figure.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:15 PM
You know, it is a nice dress. But I think it makes her butt look big? Maybe? Just offering some constructive criticism. I am a fashion designer on the side so I know a few things. Maybe a different dress would accentuate her sleek figure.

and that dumbass is why you will never get laid

badgirl
03-14-2009, 10:16 PM

I think your starting to get mean. NO?

Skip Towne
03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
My inner psychologist is picking up an internalized message here. Did you go to prom? Or did the girl you were planning to ask go with your arch-enemy, and you boycotted and while you were walking down the sidewalk on prom night to get a milk shake at the local dairy queen, your wannabe date and her arch-enemy boyfriend drove by in his new Chevy, and her underwear flew out the window and hit you in the face?
Nothing like that happened. You're creepy Uncle Kevin.

Skip Towne
03-14-2009, 10:18 PM

You win.

Rain Man
03-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Nothing like that happened. You're creepy Uncle Kevin.

I think you're suppressing it because it's traumatic, but it's bubbling up in your posts. It's a classic psychological defense mechanism.

In fact, I think Claythan is doing the same thing, except reading between the lines, I think he's suppressing a memory of wanting to go to the prom, but being unable to because the Hispanic single mother that he invited was unable to make the trip from El Paso.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 10:23 PM
I wanted to go to the prom, but had a prior engagement with my computer.

Rain Man
03-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I wanted to go to the prom, but had a prior engagement with my computer.

Was your computer a single mother? Your handwriting analysis really seems to indicate something about that.

Kyle DeLexus
03-14-2009, 10:26 PM
You have a beautiful daughter Mrs. Noswad, and the dress is perfect. Great to hear of your successful shopping trip. Sounds like you have a great girl on your hands. (FWIW as a 20 year old guy, I do like the lip ring, but I can see why some wouldn't)

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:28 PM
You have a beautiful daughter Mrs. Noswad, and the dress is perfect. Great to hear of your successful shopping trip. Sounds like you have a great girl on your hands. (FWIW as a 20 year old guy, I do like the lip ring, but I can see why some wouldn't)

Thank you!

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I wasn't going to mention that. If I was 25 years younger and unmarried, I still wouldn't like that thing.

Tell her that a middle-aged bald man on chiefsplanet didn't like it. I'm sure that'll change her mind.

hehe

she would roll her eyes and say mehhh:)

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Was your computer a single mother? Your handwriting analysis really seems to indicate something about that.

Look, we all had to make sacrifices in our youth. Not all of us were parading around in $169 outfits. I was forced to wear Star Wars t-shirts. That's all they had.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Look, we all had to make sacrifices in our youth. Not all of us were parading around in $169 outfits. I was forced to wear Star Wars t-shirts. That's all they had.

yea my prom dress cost 42 bucks but of course that was in 1983:deevee:

What did you sacrifice Claythan? The prom? Its no big deal really, I went in my Jr. year, but skipped the Sr. year cause there were better things to do. My senior party was a different story, that was really fun.

Kyle DeLexus
03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Thank you!

Your welcome! Although, if she's going to MU I take it back :)

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Your welcome! Although, if she's going to MU I take it back :)

no she is not

she was accepted and received a pretty good scholarship to the School of Engineering at WSU, but she has also pre-committed to the military. ( I am still hoping she doesn't finalize that)

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:42 PM
yea my prom dress cost 42 bucks but of course that was in 1983:deevee:

What did you sacrifice Claythan? The prom? Its no big deal really, I went in my Jr. year, but skipped the Sr. year cause there were better things to do. My senior party was a different story, that was really fun.

I wasn't allowed to go to any prom. My mom is a very strict fundamental Baptist and dancing is a huge NO NO

Kyle DeLexus
03-14-2009, 10:45 PM
no she is not

she was accepted and received a pretty good scholarship to the School of Engineering at WSU, but she has also pre-committed to the military. ( I am still hoping she doesn't finalize that)

It was between KU and WSU for me. Both have pretty good programs for my major. In the end, I went with KU. It's where I've always wanted to go and I couldn't say no to the childhood dream.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I wasn't allowed to go to any prom. My mom is a very strict fundamental Baptist and dancing is a huge NO NO

I understand, my dad was very protective, I went to the prom, but had to beg to do it. My Sr. party was fun, but we had it on a Sat night and I had to promise to be in Church for Sunday school !!!! I was sick and it was not a good feeling to have the preacher screaming his sermon and my head pounding.:) But I did at least get to go and I have those memories, it was fun.

*we were also raised Baptist.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I understand, my dad was very protective, I went to the prom, but had to beg to do it. My Sr. party was fun, but we had it on a Sat night and I had to promise to be in Church for Sunday school !!!! I was sick and it was not a good feeling to have the preacher screaming his sermon and my head pounding.:) But I did at least get to go and I have those memories, it was fun.

*we were also raised Baptist.

ahhh

so you DO understand!

My mom was so strict, I had to wear dresses or coulottes to school...never jeans

until I turned 18 my sr year then I changed into jeans every day

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 10:50 PM
it was not a good feeling to have the preacher screaming his sermon and my head pounding.

:whackit::whackit::whackit:

badgirl
03-14-2009, 10:55 PM
:whackit::whackit::whackit:

How in the world could you find something dirty about that sentence?

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:56 PM
How in the world could you find something dirty about that sentence?

you seriously have to ask? ROFL

badgirl
03-14-2009, 10:57 PM
ahhh

so you DO understand!

My mom was so strict, I had to wear dresses or coulottes to school...never jeans

until I turned 18 my sr year then I changed into jeans every day

We had to be in church every time the doors were open. I think I got burned out on church growing up and unfortunately I do not go anymore, I haven't went to church since I left home.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 10:58 PM
you seriously have to ask? ROFL

yea, it didn't make sense of why he would take a sentence about a preachers sermon and make something dirty out of it. I still don't see how the words "the preacher screaming his sermon" can be made into anything but that.

Maybe my mind isn't dirty enough. :D

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 10:59 PM
We had to be in church every time the doors were open. I think I got burned out on church growing up and unfortunately I do not go anymore, I haven't went to church since I left home.

Yup

Sunday School Sunday morning church
Sunday evening church
Choir practice

Wed pm mid week services

Young Peoples meetings every friday

oh and lets not even think about Revival, missions conferences and summer bible school

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:00 PM
yea, it didn't make sense of why he would take a sentence about a preachers sermon and make something dirty out of it. I still don't see how the words "the preacher screaming his sermon" can be made into anything but that.

Maybe my mind isn't dirty enough. :D

oh, I agree, but it is claythan the perv

I still go to church, but we have found an awesome church that is still baptist in theory but pretty progressive.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Yup

Sunday evening church
Choir practice

Wed pm mid week services

oh and lets not even think about Revival, missions conferences and summer bible school

yep, what about tent revivals where you sit inside of a tent and lightening striking all around. Bible school, out of town revivals where we took the church bus. Sunrise services, homecomings, new years eve where they preached all damn night like 5 different preachers. OMG it sucked.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:02 PM
oh, I agree, but it is claythan the perv

I still go to church, but we have found an awesome church that is still baptist in theory but pretty progressive.

Isn't it funny how he is such a perv and still has never had real sex?:D

luv
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Yup

Sunday evening church
Choir practice

Wed pm mid week services

I didn't do all of that until I was in my early 20's. I wasn't out getting wasted when I was in high school, but I was never forced to go to church. I ended up teaching preschoolers in Sunday school, gave presentations at ladies' meetings, the works. Lasted about 5 years before I got tired of everyone feeling the need to know everything about what I did outside of church. If I wanted to sin, that was between me and God. Too much drama in my little fundamental baptist church.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM
yep, what about tent revivals where you sit inside of a tent and lightening striking all around. Bible school, out of town revivals where we took the church bus. Sunrise services, homecomings, new years eve where they preached all damn night like 5 different preachers. OMG it sucked.

Sunrise services for Easter...up at like 4 church then breakfast then home to sleep for like an hour

then to get all gussied up in the new "Easter" dress for 3 more hours then home for a few hours then back again.

NYE yea, like non stop preaching and singing from 7 pm till 1 AM BORINGGGGGGGGGGGG
Church camp was fun tho. We went to Sagmont right outside of Joplin Missouri

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:06 PM
I didn't do all of that until I was in my early 20's. I wasn't out getting wasted when I was in high school, but I was never forced to go to church. I ended up teaching preschoolers in Sunday school, gave presentations at ladies' meetings, the works. Lasted about 5 years before I got tired of everyone feeling the need to know everything about what I did outside of church. If I wanted to sin, that was between me and God. Too much drama in my little fundamental baptist church.

yup

that is why I love our current church. Still the same beliefs I grew up on and grown to believe it is what I truly believe, but progressive enough that they don't judge and are pretty relaxed.

heck the girls in the choir wear ...wait for it... Jeans (gasp) on stage while they are singing and the preacher's wife even wears pant suits to church...

my OLD hometown pastor would have a heart attack

luv
Sunrise services for Easter...up at like 4 church then breakfast then home to sleep for like an hour

then to get all gussied up in the new "Easter" dress for 3 more hours then home for a few hours then back again.

NYE yea, like non stop preaching and singing from 7 pm till 1 AM BORINGGGGGGGGGGGG
Church camp was fun tho. We went to Sagmount right outside of Joplin Missouri

I must have had an awesome preacher. I never got bored with his sermons. That's actually the one part of church I miss.

Hammock Parties
CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4770809/chickens-main_Full.jpg

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:07 PM

I feel there is drama in every church and many hipocrites. I see it all the time and that is another thing that turns me off of going to church.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:08 PM
CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK

Look!!! Right in the middle of the hens is a big cock.

luv
03-14-2009, 11:08 PM
yup

that is why I love our current church. Still the same believes I grew up on and grown to believe it is what I truly believe, but progressive enough that they don't judge and are pretty relaxed.

heck the girls in the choir wear ...wait for it... Jeans (gasp) on stage while they are singing and the preacher's wife even wears pant suits to church...

I don't think I would feel comfortable wearing jeans in church. And my choir director would have never let me up on stage wearing them.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
yup

that is why I love our current church. Still the same beliefs I grew up on and grown to believe it is what I truly believe, but progressive enough that they don't judge and are pretty relaxed.

We were actually the ones who cleaned the church *me, my sister and my mom) and we had to make sure we put on skirts or dresses just to go inside the church to clean. Stupid.

luv
03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK

While I can't see what she's saying, I realize badgirl is in the thread. Why do you feel the need to sink to that level for attention?

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Look!!! Right in the middle of the hens is a big cock.

Yeah I'm in the thread now.

badgirl
I don't think I would feel comfortable wearing jeans in church. And my choir director would have never let me up on stage wearing them.

I have never understood how wearing jeans is a sin, the bible did not have pants in the day, They had robes and on the back of the robes were symbols one for a woman and one for a man, the women weren't suppose to wear the mens robe. That part of the bible, the churches want to use in this day and age to mean pants. It doesn't. I would rather climb a ladder or bend over in a pair jeans than a skirt.

Gracie Dean
We were actually the ones who cleaned the church *me, my sister and my mom) and we had to make sure we put on skirts or dresses just to go inside the church to clean. Stupid.

yup

been there!!!

every family alternated the cleaning so about once every 3 months or so we would have to spend an entire sat cleaning the church. the first couple o f times it was fun but then it was just tedious

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:13 PM
While I can't see what she's saying, I realize badgirl is in the thread. Why do you feel the need to sink to that level for attention?

What are you talking about? We were having a conversation BEFORE you showed up and you put yourself into it. Whats that got to do with what your saying about the pic.

Gracie Dean

it took me a LONG while before I could.

First I wore my best teacher pants for a while, but about 6 months ago we started going on saturday nights sometimes so I would wear my best jeans and so did many other people...

On Sunday Mornings when we go, I still can't wear jeans

badgirl
yup

been there!!!

every family alternated the cleaning so about once every 3 months or so we would have to spend an entire sat cleaning the church. the first couple o f times it was fun but then it was just tedious

yea we had a christian school in our church and we had to clean it too. God I hated that.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:14 PM
What are you talking about? We were having a conversation BEFORE you showed up and you put yourself into it. Whats that got to do with what your saying about the pic.

I thought she was talking about dumbass and his stupid chicken picture and his need for attention

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:14 PM
yea we had a christian school in our church and we had to clean it too. God I hated that.

yuk

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:15 PM
I thought she was talking about dumbass and his stupid chicken picture and his need for attention

I don't know why my name came into it?

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:15 PM
yuk

Yea we cleaned it, but we couldn't afford to attend it.:(

luv
03-14-2009, 11:17 PM

He's just doing it because badgirl is in here. They seem to have this competition going.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:21 PM
He's just doing it because badgirl is in here. They seem to have this competition going.

Not on my behalf, there is nothing to compete with. I am bored at work, I am working ICU tonight and we have 4 patients I get on here as I have said many times to pass time, if that means stirring up something to do it I will.

My real life:

3 grown kids
2 grandkids
1 great boyfriend

But when I am bored its Chiefsplanet. Nothing more nothing less.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Not on my behalf, there is nothing to compete with. I am bored at work, I am working ICU tonight and we have 4 patients I get on here as I have said many times to pass time, if that means stirring up something to do it I will.

My real life:

3 grown kids
2 grandkids
1 great boyfriend

But when I am bored its Chiefsplanet. Nothing more nothing less.

Are you a nurse?

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Are you a nurse?

Just a CNA, just passed my Nursing Entrance Test to get into LPN school in May, its only a 12 month program, I'm getting to old to keep doing this CNA work. Its backbreaking work for very little money, its time for a change.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Just a CNA, just passed my Nursing Entrance Test to get into LPN school in May, its only a 12 month program, I'm getting to old to keep doing this CNA work. Its backbreaking work for very little money, its time for a change.

two of my sisters are CNA's ... they are the unsung heros of hospital/ nursing homes

They work their butts off

You will do awesome in school. I will send good vibes your way

Mecca
03-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Good vibrators?

J Diddy
03-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. Hopefully it brings your daughter and you bunches of joy!

Mecca
03-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. Hopefully it brings your daughter and you bunches of joy!

Considering it's a prom dress, if it brings the daughter the joy she wants something tells me the mother won't be overjoyed about it.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:41 PM
two of my sisters are CNA's ... they are the unsung heros of hospital/ nursing homes

They work their butts off

You will do awesome in school. I will send good vibes your way

Thank you very much, I have been a cna on and off for 14 years, I raised 3 kids by myself for 10 years doing this kind of work, its very rewarding, I may not pass meds but I do know I help my patients in other ways. I have had patients when I worked in Cardiac step-down to say they felt so wonderful after taking their first shower that I helped them out with, it makes me feel good to help people, its a rewarding job.

J Diddy
03-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Considering it's a prom dress, if it brings the daughter the joy she wants something tells me the mother won't be overjoyed about it.

Oh, I'm sure she will smile.

Dirty minder.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Good vibrators?

Claythan...you change user names?;)

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:49 PM

And your hair just became long and shiney.:D

Mecca
03-14-2009, 11:49 PM

Hey now, I'm not Claythan I wouldn't have 2 women wanting me and then not get any from either.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey now, I'm not Claythan I wouldn't have 2 women wanting me .

Fixed your post.

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey now, I'm not Claythan I wouldn't have 2 women wanting me and then not get any from either.

true :)

Mecca
03-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Fixed your post.

So what's your deal with me now...

Gracie Dean
03-14-2009, 11:52 PM
well, off to bed

Church starts at 9:15

then off to Strouds at 11

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:53 PM
So what's your deal with me now...

bored and claythan isn't arguing, had to do something and you just happened to be there.:D

badgirl
well, off to bed

Church starts at 9:15

then off to Strouds at 11

Good Night.

Mecca
Church what's that?

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Where stupid people gather.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Church what's that?

kinda like a bar without the booze.
the difference is people talk about you to your face in a bar.

badgirl
03-14-2009, 11:56 PM

There shall be Claythan.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2009, 11:57 PM
The exterminator.

Welcome to the human roach motel.

http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/sites/church2.jpg

J Diddy
03-15-2009, 12:01 AM

I thought that was warpaint illustrated.

badgirl
03-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Damn its even boring on here tonight.:cuss:

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Show us your tits.

On second thought, don't. Don't ever do that.

J Diddy
03-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Show us your tits.

On second thought, don't. Don't ever do that.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but here it goes. To be a mack you have to at least have gotten one piece of ass in your life. To act like a mack you should at least have the prerequisite requirements. You are the equivalent of my 6 year old son playing police officer. He's not qualified to be one but it's fun to play.

DeezNutz
03-15-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but here it goes. To be a mack you have to at least have gotten one piece of ass in your life. To act like a mack you should at least have the prerequisite requirements. You are the equivalent of my 6 year old son playing police officer. He's not qualified to be one but it's fun to play.

You're misinterpreting whipping shit for macking.

J Diddy
03-15-2009, 12:15 AM
You're misinterpreting whipping shit for macking.

Well it's a gray area.

DeezNutz
03-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Well it's a gray area.

He's been busting her balls pretty regularly for the last week or so. That's the only reason why I bring it up.

GoChiefs is just trying to get her pissed.

Manila-Chief
03-15-2009, 12:19 AM

Mind sharing which church? I like churches like that type of church!!!

I agree some of the dress codes in churches are not helpful to church growth.

Oh! Congrats on being a fantastic Mom!! You've done a great job. I rejoice with your "dress experience."

J Diddy
03-15-2009, 12:21 AM
He's been busting her balls pretty regularly for the last week or so. That's the only reason why I bring it up.

I understand. I just think gochiefs is a turd in a bucket.

J Diddy
03-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Mind sharing which church? I like churches like that!!!

Oh! Congrats on being a fantastic Mom!! You've done a great job. I rejoice with you re: your dress experience.

Queer eye for the straight guy?

badgirl
03-15-2009, 12:25 AM

Wonder why he does that? Loves getting me pissed. Probably the only way he knows how to get any reaction from a woman.

DeezNutz
03-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Wonder why he does that? Loves getting me pissed. Probably the only way he knows how to get any reaction from a woman.

Cause he thinks it bothers you.

Don't respond, brush it off, and it will go away.

Just immature shit. But we're all guilty of this type of behavior from time to time, I suppose. My guess is, is that it's good natured. But these types of antics are harder to discern through this type of medium.

badgirl
03-15-2009, 12:30 AM

Just immature shit. But we're all guilty of this type of behavior from time to time, I suppose. My guess is, is that it's good natured. But these types of antics are harder to discern through this type of medium.

Good advice, I think I will try it.:)

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 12:31 AM
don't be a tard badgirl

luv
03-15-2009, 12:31 AM

ROFL

Good luck. I've told her to put him on ignore, but she refuses.

badgirl
03-15-2009, 12:34 AM
ROFL

Good luck. I've told her to put him on ignore, but she refuses.

thats right, I have also told him to quit getting involved in my threads and to put me on ignore, he refuses. I am not the one always starting shit with him.

Anyone who doesn't like me is welcome to ignore me, but no one does, whys that?

What the hell is your avatar?

badgirl
03-15-2009, 12:37 AM
don't be a tard badgirl

Whatcha mean I am not a tard.

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 12:38 AM
thats right, I have also told him to quit getting involved in my threads and to put me on ignore, he refuses. I am not the one always starting shit with him.

You listen to me badgranny, you start shit just by posting here. Your very presence offends me. You are the blight of this board. You should leave but like a bad penny, you always turn up. I'm here trying to read Chiefs threads and entertain the masses as ONLY I CAN BECAUSE I AM A GOD AROUND HERE OK and suddenly I see OH HAI I'M A NURSE SITTING HERE BY MYSELF LOL and MY BLOOD BOILS and I click over and start FLAMING YOUR ASS. GO AWAY!!!! NOBODY LIKES YOU! FIND SOME OTHER BOARD WITH NASTY OLD LADIES AND TALK ABOUT SMELLY NURSE THINGS. LEAVE!!!

badgirl
03-15-2009, 12:39 AM
You listen to me badgranny, you start shit just by posting here. Your very presence offends me. You are the blight of this board. You should leave but like a bad penny, you always turn up. I'm here trying to read Chiefs threads and entertain the masses as ONLY I CAN BECAUSE I AM A GOD AROUND HERE OK and suddenly I see OH HAI I'M A NURSE SITTING HERE BY MYSELF LOL and MY BLOOD BOILS and I click over and start FLAMING YOUR ASS. GO AWAY!!!! NOBODY LIKES YOU! FIND SOME OTHER BOARD WITH NASTY OLD LADIES AND TALK ABOUT SMELLY NURSE THINGS. LEAVE!!!

You need a nurse gochiefs, one that covers the mental ward you frigging nutcase.

Your God around here??? LOL your a true dumbass.

Oh by the way I have made about 200 bucks for sitting here on my ass arguing with you...it doesn't get any better than this.

BTW, more people probably like me more than they like you. stupid

Manila-Chief
03-15-2009, 12:51 AM

BTW ... in case you are not aware of it, your extreme immaturity is showing through loudly.

luv
03-15-2009, 12:52 AM
People need to turn their sarcasm meters on. Seriously.

DeezNutz
03-15-2009, 12:55 AM
BTW, more people probably like me more than they like you. stupid

The prelude to a classic pole. I mean poll.

badgirl
03-15-2009, 12:56 AM
The prelude to a classic pole. I mean poll.

ok do it.

DeezNutz
03-15-2009, 12:57 AM
DeezNutz: the instigator.

Seriously, those types of things don't end well.

Let's pass.

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 12:58 AM
People need to turn their sarcasm meters on. Seriously.

YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR WATER METER ON, BITCH!

SERIOUSLY.

badgirl
03-15-2009, 12:58 AM
DeezNutz: the instigator.

Seriously, those types of things don't end well.

Let's pass.

ok, lets do. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2009, 12:59 AM

You're in the wrong part of the country. I have a friend who is a CNA and she makes $45,000 a year with a ton of other benefits like college tuition, etc. It breaks down to over $22 an hour in cash let alone all the other benefits.

Now Seattle is an expensive place to live, but that kind of money and benefits for that job is pretty good.

badgirl
03-15-2009, 01:00 AM
You're in the wrong part of the country. I have a friend who is a CNA and she makes $45,000 a year with a ton of other benefits like college tuition, etc. It breaks down to over $22 an hour in cash let alone all the other benefits.

Now Seattle is an expensive place to live, but that kind of money and benefits for that job is pretty good.

Well we have college tuition, if we take Nursing and agree to work here for 2 years they pay 100 % of our tuition. It probably is expensive to live in Seattle, I have been through there, it is a beautiful city.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Well we have college tuition, if we take Nursing and agree to work here for 2 years they pay 100 % of our tuition. It probably is expensive to live in Seattle, I have been through there, it is a beautiful city.

That's the same deal she has. She's all over it too. She gets her RN she'll be making 6 figures. A.K.A - A living wage in Seattle.

badgirl
03-15-2009, 01:07 AM
That's the same deal she has. She's all over it too. She gets her RN she'll be making 6 figures. A.K.A - A living wage in Seattle.

Well I am gonna take a shortcut to RN, I am going to take LPN for 1 year and then do the bridge to RN which is 18 mos. Otherwise I will have to go to college for prereqs 2 years then 2 years to RN. I will be making a bit more money as LPN while I go to RN and save me a few months of school on top of it.

badgirl
03-15-2009, 01:09 AM

SERIOUSLY.

Whats up with that?!!! I thought you and LUV was buds, pals, high 5ers.

Coach
03-15-2009, 02:46 AM

SERIOUSLY.

How about you shaddup and learn how to treat women with respect?

Demonpenz
03-15-2009, 07:13 AM

well helllo snackcakes

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Mind sharing which church? I like churches like that type of church!!!

I agree some of the dress codes in churches are not helpful to church growth.

Oh! Congrats on being a fantastic Mom!! You've done a great job. I rejoice with your "dress experience."

Thank you

I don't mind at all.

Our church used to be called Messiah Baptist but they have changed to

Newspring

www.newspring.org

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 10:44 AM

God my a#%. I would love it if you were blocked from posting. The world would be a much brighter place. But for some reason others choose to put up with you , so mostly I ignore you save for the few times I feel the inate urge to tell you just how stupid you are being

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 10:47 AM
How about you shaddup and learn how to treat women with respect?

THIS:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 11:34 AM
so now she is trying to decide what to do with her hair

Skip Towne
03-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey, Pam, are you related to Lenny noswad?

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey, Pam, are you related to Lenny noswad?

I wish

then I could have 50 yard front row seats...hehe

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 02:29 PM

That is awesome.

My district paid for my master's degree when I was teaching SPED, but when I went back to the regular classroom, I had to pay to finish the degree which was only one more semester

Rausch
03-15-2009, 02:52 PM
well helllo snackcakes

I was going to post some dirty smartazz $3it but she looks just like the step-daughter.

Rain Man
03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
so now she is trying to decide what to do with her hair

No hair extensions. Those things creep me out.

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 05:32 PM
No hair extensions. Those things creep me out.

I agree

she has beautiful hair, she doesn't need to add fake hair

keg in kc
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
I didn't know anything could creep out creepy uncle kevin.

Demonpenz
03-15-2009, 06:21 PM
pm'd my cell btw

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
pm'd my cell btw

huh

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 07:29 PM
huh

he likes thick girls

Demonpenz
03-15-2009, 07:29 PM
if she wants to txt me I pm'd my cell phone. I have a trunkfull of whiskey and bad ideas

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 08:02 PM
if she wants to txt me I pm'd my cell phone. I have a trunkfull of whiskey and bad ideas

like thats gonna happen:D

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
he likes thick girls

you know asshat...I over look a lot of your shit, but how dare you call my daughter thick

you are the fat ass who wears grampy sweats pulled up to his nuts and whines about not getting laid and a hundred inate other stupid posts just to get attention.

I am sick of you so shut the fuck up asshat

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
oh and one more thing dumb ass

the dress is a size 8 which is NORMAL in the real world

not in your fantasy jerk off land

Demonpenz
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I know you are over 30 but thick ususally means good, especially coming from a black man like me.

Skip Towne
03-15-2009, 09:29 PM
oh and one more thing dumb ass

the dress is a size 8 which is NORMAL in the real world

not in your fantasy jerk off land

Wow! Do your students know you use such language? I hope not.

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow! Do your students know you use such language? I hope not.

rarely do I ever even say crap around them

but this is a message board, I am 42 and my students are not here

and I am not at work

thank you

Demonpenz
03-15-2009, 09:37 PM
yeah so thick is not a bad word. It basicly means men want to bite girls rumps

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Cannibalism is not going to placate her.

Manila-Chief
03-15-2009, 09:41 PM
yeah so thick is not a bad word. It basicly means men want to bite girls rumps

I hear what you are saying (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but she was reacting to Gochiefs and he meant it as a negative. I think he was out of place speaking of a members teen daughter in that way. It is disrespectful.

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 09:44 PM
I am 42

NOSWAD'S A WOMAN! SHE'S 40!!! SHE'S NOT A KID!

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/gundy.jpg

I hear what you are saying (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but she was reacting to Gochiefs and he meant it as a negative. I think he was out of place speaking of a members teen daughter in that way. It is disrespectful.

RESPECT IS NOT GIVEN IT IS EARNED!!!!

Demonpenz
03-15-2009, 09:45 PM

I got yah. It is a mistake to post pictures of anyone on here anyways. You would think people would learn. But if i was 18 again and not 28 I would bite that royal Rump

Manila-Chief
03-15-2009, 09:48 PM

An excellent illustration of your social skills.

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 10:00 PM
NOSWAD'S A WOMAN! SHE'S 40!!! SHE'S NOT A KID!

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/gundy.jpg

and I have earned it! you dumbass have not

Katipan
03-16-2009, 06:21 AM
...who wears grampy sweats pulled up to his nuts

Oh Clay... :shake:

Skip Towne
03-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Looks like GoChiefs is winning this one.

mounged
03-16-2009, 06:54 AM
You bring back memories of my only time to shop with my middle daughter for prom. Our store of choice was Deb's. It was a wonderful experience.

Gracie Dean
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
You bring back memories of my only time to shop with my middle daughter for prom. Our store of choice was Deb's. It was a wonderful experience.

we got her shoes there

Jilly
03-16-2009, 09:14 AM
that is a very ornate dress and very full....I'd have problems with trippage, but that's just me! but a beautiful color.....
recently, while embarrassing my friends on facebook, I came across this photo of prom....LOVE the puffy sleeves I'm wearing!

Katipan
03-16-2009, 09:21 AM
that is a very ornate dress and very full....I'd have problems with trippage, but that's just me! but a beautiful color.....
recently, while embarrassing my friends on facebook, I came across this photo of prom....LOVE the puffy sleeves I'm wearing!

haahahahah we did our hair the same way. :p

I would have worn any other dress than the one I did. Typical L.A. dress. Black, simple lines, floor length, and a see through mesh area around my waist. Thought I was hot shit, until I stepped out of a bathroom stall and saw that my date's sister was wearing the same dress.

Jilly
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
haahahahah we did our hair the same way. :p

I would have worn any other dress than the one I did. Typical L.A. dress. Black, simple lines, floor length, and a see through mesh area around my waist. Thought I was hot shit, until I stepped out of a bathroom stall and saw that my date's sister was wearing the same dress.

the bangs were a nice touch, I thought. Prom...what a funny thing.

Gracie Dean
03-16-2009, 09:36 AM
very pretty

Mr. Krab
03-16-2009, 09:47 AM
yet another thread that Goatchief wants to be about him.

Hammock Parties
03-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Oh Clay... :shake:

I do have some sweatpants...but never wear them unless I'm working out...

I damn sure don't wear them pulled up to my nuts. Wouldn't that be "pulled down," though? My nuts are below my waistline like most normal males.

Donger
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
I do have some sweatpants...but never wear them unless I'm working out...

I damn sure don't wear them pulled up to my nuts. Wouldn't that be "pulled down," though? My nuts are below my waistline like most normal males.

Nuts? Plural?

Hammock Parties
03-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Sorry, I often forget I have only one nut.

However I suppose the other one could be above my waistline somewhere. My rogue nut.

MOhillbilly
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
lord, lipring holes in your 30s aint cool.

Saulbadguy
03-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Heh.

Skip Towne
03-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Claythan still winning.