PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports What a boring Sunday. No football, No NASCAR, no spurs Basketball and Tiger is way b

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 10:52 AM
behind,

I guess I will watch the lakers and hope Kobe crys

mlyonsd
03-15-2009, 10:54 AM
There's a hockey game on NBC. ;)

milkman
03-15-2009, 10:58 AM

NBC must be hard up for sports programming.

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 11:01 AM
just can't get into hockey

Nzoner
03-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Boring?There's still more college basketball tourneys to be decided and then the brackets get announced.

StcChief
03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
College hoop finals today....

DaFace
03-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Pretty good game so far, actually.

58-4ever
03-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Spurs basketball puts me to sleep. "Big fundamentals" is boooooring.

Gracie Dean
Boring?There's still more college basketball tourneys to be decided and then the brackets get announced.

I only like watching KU, KState, Mu and texas A & M

58-4ever
And Nascar? Seriously?

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Pretty good game so far, actually.

Hey Deface...

could you take the pictures on post 26 in my prom dress thread and post them in the thread starter?

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Spurs basketball puts me to sleep. "Big fundamentals" is boooooring.

but Tim Duncan and Tony Parker spark my interest :)

milkman
03-15-2009, 11:11 AM

College hoops only get interesting after the first 32/33 teams are eliminated.

And WTF is with that stupid ****ing play in game?

Conference Tourneys suck ass, and the NCAA Tourney should be 48 teams.

64 teams is ****ing ridiculous.

Bearcat
03-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Good game in Atlanta so far, outside of the glare off DV's head. Strange not having the B12 Tourney today.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm actually amped for sports today. A couple of good college BB tourneys, the final round at Doral, and Selection Sunday.

Bugeater
03-15-2009, 11:22 AM
NASCAR is run by a bunch of idiots. Why the hell they take a Sunday off that they could pretty much have to themselves is beyond me, it would've made way more sense to take next weekend off instead of going up against the opening rounds of the NCAA tourney.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2009, 11:26 AM
NASCAR is run by a bunch of idiots.

And you are surprised by this?

Bugeater
03-15-2009, 11:31 AM
And you are surprised by this?
Yeah, kinda. Five years ago they were more fan-friendly than any other "sport", but lately they've been doing just about everything they can to alienate their fans.

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 11:32 AM
NASCAR is run by a bunch of idiots. Why the hell they take a Sunday off that they could pretty much have to themselves is beyond me, it would've made way more sense to take next weekend off instead of going up against the opening rounds of the NCAA tourney.

this

Bearcat
03-15-2009, 11:32 AM

Sounds like Gary Bettman... let's have the NHL outdoor game on NYD and compete with the college bowls, and we'll schedule the NHL All Star Game on a Tuesday instead of the weekend before the SB.... and oh yeah, fans of Wetern Conference will only get to see the league's superstars once a year, because there's no need for anyone to know who Sidney Crosby is... after all, who needs to market their game when you're already on Versus? Who needs ESPN?

:cuss:
Posted via Mobile Device

Skip Towne
03-15-2009, 11:33 AM

That's funny. Don't they also play their "Super Bowl" first then start the season?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah, kinda. Five years ago they were more fan-friendly than any other "sport", but lately they've been doing just about everything they can to alienate their fans.

Sports are subsidized by corporations, and as NASCAR grows, it will become increasingly more like the other sports in that the governing body is more concerned with how the product affects corporate sponsors than the average fan.

Bugeater
03-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Sounds like Gary Bettman... let's have the NHL outdoor game on NYD and compete with the college bowls, and we'll schedule the NHL All Star Game on a Tuesday instead of the weekend before the SB.... and oh yeah, fans of Wetern Conference will only get to see the league's superstars once a year, because there's no need for anyone to know who Sidney Crosby is... after all, who needs to market their game when you're already on Versus? Who needs ESPN?

Posted via Mobile Device
That's a perfect example of a sport that took their fans for granted, they may never fully recover from that strike year.

That's funny. Don't they also play their "Super Bowl" first then start the season?
Yep, and then they didn't even finish it.

Bugeater
03-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Sports are subsidized by corporations, and as NASCAR grows, it will become increasingly more like the other sports in that the governing body is more concerned with how the product affects corporate sponsors than the average fan.
Very true, and NASCAR relies even more heavily on corporate sponsorships than others due to their tremendous operating costs.

wild1
03-15-2009, 01:07 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

From what I was reading this week. the TV contract next year is going to improve and will include ESPN again.

wild1
03-15-2009, 01:09 PM
That's a perfect example of a sport that took their fans for granted, they may never fully recover from that strike year.

The league is not in bad shape. It's an attendance driven sport more so than others, and hockey fans I believe are more dedicated and generally more educated, higher earning, and such. On top of that, player salaries are much more in control.

Hockey will do much better through a recession than say the NBA will.

KC_Connection
03-15-2009, 01:56 PM
You should start watching baseball. 3 huge WBC games on.

mlyonsd
03-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Since there isn't any NFL or college FB I'm just biding my time until the WNBA starts up.

Pioli Zombie
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Nfl network is showing the best games of week 2 from 2008

Hey, you can pretend its football season!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
03-15-2009, 02:27 PM
You should start watching baseball. 3 huge WBC games on.

will watch when the Royals are on