PDA

View Full Version : Football Cutler's trade value?

DaFace
03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
It's looking more and more like the Broncos' parting with Cutler could be a real possibility. Given that, what's he worth?

I'm just trying to figure out whether I would rather he stay in Denver (as a malcontent) or be traded (giving Denver a potentially big draft pick or picks).

Buck
03-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Low first rounder (#24 or worse)

kcpasco
Thigpen?

Mr. Flopnuts
He'll garner a 1st and more.

DaFace
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
He'll garner a 1st and more.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Is he a safer bet than, say, Stafford? If so, he could potentially draw the interest of Detroit even. I just hope the #1 pick isn't a possibility. You'd think this whole fiasco would have reduced his value a bit.

CaliforniaChief
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM
The more of a bitch he acts like, the lower his value goes. There are at least 2 guys in the draft who have as much potential as he does. Tampa is probably the one team without a QB who could win now, so unless there's someone else in the wings, I don't see it going more than a first. But I'm probably forgetting someone.

wild1
03-15-2009, 05:02 PM
middle of the first

Huffman83
03-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Denver will probably get a first round pick.

A young Pro bowl QB yet to hit his prime? I don't know which team would get him for a 1st round pick but I wouldn't accept anything else if I were Denver's GM.

DaFace
03-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Denver will probably get a first round pick.

A young Pro bowl QB yet to hit his prime? I don't know which team would get him for a 1st round pick but I wouldn't accept anything else if I were Denver's GM.

I don't personally think it's a question of whether he's worth at least a first rounder. Surely he's worth more in trade value than Cassel. I'm more wondering how HIGH it could be.

Saul Good
03-15-2009, 05:05 PM
He'll garner a 1st and more.That depends on where in the first round the pick is. The first pick of the first round is worth more than 5 times as much as the last pick of the first round.

chiefforlife
03-15-2009, 05:07 PM
The interesting piece here is that Tampa Bay is at 19 and Detroit is at 20. These are the two teams that are most interested. Detroit wanting to trump Tampa may throw in a second or third rounder? I could see a bidding war of sorts starting between these two, driving his value up some.

Quesadilla Joe
03-15-2009, 05:09 PM
There are 10-15 teams in the NFL right now who need a QBOTF. Cutler will get Denver at least 2 first round draft picks. 25 year old Pro Bowl Quarterbacks are extremely hard to find.

Cutler goes to the highest bidder and its not like Denver HAS to trade him. He still has 2 years left on his deal and his contract has A LOT of playing time and production incentives.

chiefforlife
03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
There are 10-15 teams in the NFL right now who need a QBOTF. Cutler will get Denver at least 2 first round draft picks. 25 year old Pro Bowl Quarterbacks are extremely hard to find.

Cutler goes to the highest bidder and its not like Denver HAS to trade him. He still has 2 years left on his deal and his contract has A LOT of playing time and production incentives.

I think you might be a bit optimistic here. If Cutler doesnt want to be in Denver, they DO have to trade him or risk the QB becoming a team cancer (even more so).
Normally I would say yes to two first rounders but this episode has tarnished his value considerably.

Huffman83
03-15-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't personally think it's a question of whether he's worth at least a first rounder. Surely he's worth more in trade value than Cassel. I'm more wondering how HIGH it could be.

Ahh I see. I agree w/ everyone else, I think minimum we'll see a mid round 1st and 3rd. Chicago and Tampa could be possible players in the game as they both don't really have anyone better than Cutler IMO.

Which would also not make him KC's problem. But that makes 2 1st round players that would be KC's problem until Denver pissed them off.

And being that the current players on KC's roster have owned Cutler before. I'd actually rather Denver keep Cutler around. Sure Denver has won some games against KC w/ Cutler...but it wasn't because Cutler was an absolute badass.

.....It was because KC was that terrible.

Mile High Mania
03-15-2009, 05:15 PM
I think you might be a bit optimistic here. If Cutler doesnt want to be in Denver, they DO have to trade him or risk the QB becoming a team cancer (even more so).
Normally I would say yes to two first rounders but this episode has tarnished his value considerably.

They don't have to do anything... they have power.

vailpass
03-15-2009, 05:16 PM
It is said that Cutler would most favor going to Tennessee(alma mater town) or Chicago (his fave team and a team that may be a QB away from a title).
This whole episode may very well be a Bus Cook creation since Cutler has yet to get a contract extrension.
If Bowlen gives Cutler the $ and the extension no trade otherwise anything could happen.

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Everyone knows Cutler wants out. The Donks are at a disadvantage.

I'd say they will be lucky to get more than a 1st and a 3rd.

BTW, if Cutler goes to Tennessee, that team is going to be a serious contender. Sheesh!

DaFace
03-15-2009, 05:18 PM

We had power with Jared Allen. That worked well.

Mile High Mania
03-15-2009, 05:20 PM

BTW, if Cutler goes to Tennessee, that team is going to be a serious contender. Sheesh!

Right, TN trades for Cutler with what they already have invested at QB...

kstater
. Cutler will get Denver at least 2 first round draft picks. .

ROFL

LMAO

ROFL

Mile High Mania
We had power with Jared Allen. That worked well.

That was Carl... all bets are off.

DaFace
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
That was Carl... all bets are off.

And you have....?

vailpass
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM

You know jack shit about leverage or contracts if you think the team is at a disadvantage over the signed player. Not that anyone is even remotely surprised. When you belch do you smell Athan?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2009, 05:22 PM

How great would it be if Denver got Vince Young in return? Oh God, please let it happen. Please?

Hammock Parties
03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Right, TN trades for Cutler with what they already have invested at QB...

What do they have invested?

Young's rookie contract is almost up. They can't be on the hook for all that much at this point....he only got 25 mil guaranteed.

vailpass
03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
ROFL

LMAO

ROFL

:) I hear ya'. Reminds me of when some on here would say that about LJ or Tony Gonzalez. Nobody is worth 2 1st rounders.
If God Himself were on the trade block you'd see teams trying to get Him with a middle first and a high second rounder.

vailpass
03-15-2009, 05:25 PM
How great would it be if Denver got Vince Young in return? Oh God, please let it happen. Please?

:cuss:
If you were close enough to attack with my SuperSoaker 5000 you would be DRIPPING WET right now!

Infidel Goat
03-15-2009, 05:26 PM
I will give them Matt Cassel for Jay Cutler and their second round pick...

:)

Saul Good
03-15-2009, 05:29 PM

Cutler goes to the highest bidder and its not like Denver HAS to trade him. He still has 2 years left on his deal and his contract has A LOT of playing time and production incentives.Quarterbacks who threw as many INTs as Cutler did last year are extremely hard to find. Only Favre threw more.

Quesadilla Joe
03-15-2009, 05:29 PM
ROFL

LMAO

ROFL

You guys pretty much gave up a first round pick for Cassel with that high of a second rounder.

Cutler is twice the QB Cassel is and Cutler is younger. Yes Denver will get at least 2 first round draft picks especially when you have at least 10 teams that have a need at QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
:cuss:
If you were close enough to attack with my SuperSoaker 5000 you would be DRIPPING WET right now!

LMAO EXACTLY!!!!

chiefforlife
03-15-2009, 05:33 PM
You guys pretty much gave up a first round pick for Cassel with that high of a second rounder.

Cutler is twice the QB Cassel is and Cutler is younger. Yes Denver will get at least 2 first round draft picks especially when you have at least 10 teams that have a need at QB.

Dont forget, BOTH our teams were after the SAME QB. We landed him and you have Sour Grapes. No one trades 2 firsts for sour grapes...

LTL
03-15-2009, 05:34 PM

Hate to say it, but yea he probably could garner close to that. If you believe the rumors, the Vikes offered 2 firsts for Quinn, someone who hasn't done crap.

His whining and bitching about this whole thing isn't helping, but it doesn't really diminsh what he is capable of on the field nor his potential.

Iowanian
03-15-2009, 05:34 PM
My perfect world involves him being traded to Detroit, Denver completely whiffing on the pick of his replacement....Detroit trading back up to #3.

vailpass
03-15-2009, 05:40 PM
LMAO EXACTLY!!!!

I wouldn't wish Vince Young's dumb ass on any team whose colors aren't silver & black.

chiefforlife
03-15-2009, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't wish Vince Young's dumb ass on any team whose colors aren't silver & black.

Wow, if Denver had Vince Young, Oakland with DAmarcus Russell, things are looking up in the division.

vailpass
03-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Wow, if Denver had Vince Young, Oakland with DAmarcus Russell, things are looking up in the division.

MOON spells superbowl, everyone knows that.

chiefforlife
03-15-2009, 05:52 PM
MOON spells superbowl, everyone knows that.

You couldnt possibly be comparing Moon with those two dummies? Moon was a Hall of Famer.

Stinger
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM
You couldnt possibly be comparing Moon with those two dummies? Moon was a Hall of Famer.

Um "Captain Trips" thinks you FAIL in this analogy .......

chiefforlife
03-15-2009, 06:10 PM

Hall of famer, Warren Moon

WARREN MOON 31 18 29 16
Class of 2006
Quarterback >>> 6-3, 212
(West Los Angeles Junior College, Washington)
1984-1993 Houston Oilers, 1994-1996 Minnesota Vikings, 1997-1998 Seattle Seahawks, 1999-2000 Kansas City Chiefs

Harold Warren Moon . . .Began pro career with CFL’s Edmonton Eskimos, winning five straight Grey Cups. . . Signed with NFL’s Houston Oilers, 1984... Completed 3,988 of 6,823 passes for 49,325 yards, 291 touchdowns, 233 interceptions in 17-season NFL career. . .Nine 3,000-yard passing seasons was third in league history. . .Named to nine Pro Bowls. . .Had four 4,000-yard passing seasons. All-Pro, 1990…First or second team All-AFC 1988, 1989, 1990…Born November 18, 1956 in Los Angeles, California.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2009, 06:10 PM
1500-1800 points.

EyePod
03-15-2009, 06:13 PM
That's kind of what I'm thinking. Is he a safer bet than, say, Stafford? If so, he could potentially draw the interest of Detroit even. I just hope the #1 pick isn't a possibility. You'd think this whole fiasco would have reduced his value a bit.

I definitely think that he's better than Cassel... although people seem to think he's a little bit whiny... I can't fucking believe that the starting QB for the Denver Broncos going into next season may be Patrick Ramsey....

DaFace
03-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I definitely think that he's better than Cassel... although people seem to think he's a little bit whiny... I can't fucking believe that the starting QB for the Denver Broncos going into next season may be Patrick Ramsey....

Well, given that he's not on their roster, that would be interesting.

They paid Chris Simms a pretty good contract for a backup, so that's probably who would take over unless they draft someone.

SBK
03-15-2009, 06:15 PM

You may think Cutler is twice the QB Cassel is, your coach obviously sees it differently.

Stinger
03-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Hall of famer, Warren Moon

WARREN MOON 31 18 29 16
Class of 2006
Quarterback >>> 6-3, 212
(West Los Angeles Junior College, Washington)
1984-1993 Houston Oilers, 1994-1996 Minnesota Vikings, 1997-1998 Seattle Seahawks, 1999-2000 Kansas City Chiefs

Harold Warren Moon . . .Began pro career with CFL’s Edmonton Eskimos, winning five straight Grey Cups. . . Signed with NFL’s Houston Oilers, 1984... Completed 3,988 of 6,823 passes for 49,325 yards, 291 touchdowns, 233 interceptions in 17-season NFL career. . .Nine 3,000-yard passing seasons was third in league history. . .Named to nine Pro Bowls. . .Had four 4,000-yard passing seasons. All-Pro, 1990…First or second team All-AFC 1988, 1989, 1990…Born November 18, 1956 in Los Angeles, California.

:spock:

Tom Cullen: MOON spells .............

From the book The Stand by Stephen King you might want to pick it up sometime, when not reading a Football BB. Good book. BTW Captain Trips was the disease.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/The_Stand_cover.jpg

And yes I remember Warren Moons career quite well.

Quesadilla Joe
03-15-2009, 06:19 PM
I definitely think that he's better than Cassel... although people seem to think he's a little bit whiny... I can't ****ing believe that the starting QB for the Denver Broncos going into next season may be Chris Simms....

FYP

Kyle DeLexus
03-15-2009, 06:32 PM
:) I hear ya'. Reminds me of when some on here would say that about LJ or Tony Gonzalez. Nobody is worth 2 1st rounders.
If God Himself were on the trade block you'd see teams trying to get Him with a middle first and a high second rounder.

Really? Tampa Bay traded 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and $8 mill for a coach (Jon Gruden)

EyePod
03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
FYP

Yeah, I forgot that they didn't re-sign ramsey... FMyLife!

BigRock
03-15-2009, 07:20 PM
It's looking more and more like the Broncos' parting with Cutler could be a real possibility. Given that, what's he worth?

I'm just trying to figure out whether I would rather he stay in Denver (as a malcontent) or be traded (giving Denver a potentially big draft pick or picks).

I heard this summary of the situatoin on Sirius earlier:

1) Denver loses more of their leverage in trade talks with each passing day. Every new story that pops up about this issue tells other teams that the Broncos are selling low.

2) It's gotten to the point where Cutler acting like such a spoiled bitch is hurting his own value. Teams that might have been willing to pony up a nice package of draft picks for him are going to have to seriously consider what the guy is actually worth, because more and more it looks like whoever ends up with him is taking on a big headache.

3) The longer this goes on, the more #1 and #2 are going to build.

In other words, it's a perfect storm for the Donks. A SHIT storm.

If they trade him, I bet they don't get as good a deal as we got for Allen.

vailpass
03-15-2009, 07:23 PM

reppy

vailpass
03-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Really? Tampa Bay traded 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and $8 mill for a coach (Jon Gruden)

1. Do you really hold anything Al Davis does as the standard by which to judge the rest of the league?
2. I don't recall the specifics of that trade, do you happen to have them?

Chiefshrink
03-15-2009, 07:28 PM

Let's just put it this way, had "Boy McGenius" handled this in a true professional covert manner Cutler would be worth a helluva lot more. But now that 31 teams know that Bowlen and Josh are in a PR pickle with the fan base not to mention Cutler himself and "NEED" to trade him to get rid of this 'nightmare' they will be negotiating from a weaker position.

This is f'n beautiful!!!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

StcChief
03-15-2009, 07:29 PM

1) Denver loses more of their leverage in trade talks with each passing day. Every new story that pops up about this issue tells other teams that the Broncos are selling low.

2) It's gotten to the point where Cutler acting like such a spoiled bitch is hurting his own value. Teams that might have been willing to pony up a nice package of draft picks for him are going to have to seriously consider what the guy is actually worth, because more and more it looks like whoever ends up with him is taking on a big headache.

If they trade him, I bet they don't get as good a deal as we got for Allen.perfect..... just keep it up. :deevee::deevee::deevee: Cuntler

Chiefshrink
03-15-2009, 07:30 PM

If they trade him, I bet they don't get as good a deal as we got for Allen.

Precisely!!!!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
03-15-2009, 07:33 PM
The more of a bitch he acts like, the lower his value goes. There are at least 2 guys in the draft who have as much potential as he does. Tampa is probably the one team without a QB who could win now, so unless there's someone else in the wings, I don't see it going more than a first. But I'm probably forgetting someone.

You would think Minnesota would be drooling over a chance to deal thier 1st plus for Cutler.

beach tribe
03-15-2009, 07:36 PM

What a homer.

chiefforlife
03-15-2009, 07:37 PM
:spock:

Tom Cullen: MOON spells .............

From the book The Stand by Stephen King you might want to pick it up sometime, when not reading a Football BB. Good book. BTW Captain Trips was the disease.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/The_Stand_cover.jpg

And yes I remember Warren Moons career quite well.

Sorry, never read it. Went by me like a Cutler pass in the red zone...;)

Kyle DeLexus
03-15-2009, 07:42 PM
1. Do you really hold anything Al Davis does as the standard by which to judge the rest of the league?
2. I don't recall the specifics of that trade, do you happen to have them?

Yeah Al Davis raked. That sucked to even write.

Gruden replaced the fired Tony Dungy as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002, via a high-stakes trade that included Tampa Bay's 2002 and 2003 first-round draft picks, 2002 and 2004 second-round draft picks, and $8 million in cash.

Direckshun
03-15-2009, 07:43 PM
I think he warrants what we got for Jared Allen, and I think some team that's loaded with talent but missing a QB (Minnesota, Bucs, etc) will throw their Draft at Denver for him.

1st and a 2nd. Calling it.

DeezNutz
03-15-2009, 07:45 PM
You would think Minnesota would be drooling over a chance to deal thier 1st plus for Cutler.

If I were a MN fan, I'd be offering a 1st and 3rd now and would be happy to raise that to a 1st and 2nd if need be.

Hell, I'd be more than willing to trade them Cassel, who is clearly McDaniels' love child, for Cutler and the Donkeys 2nd. :D

Quesadilla Joe
03-15-2009, 08:10 PM
What a homer.

A franchise QB is worth at least 2 first round draft picks. A one year wonder career backup is worth a second. How long have the Chiefs been looking for a guy as good as Cutler? 50 years?!?! And you don't think a franchise QB is worth 2 first round draft picks?

Halfcan
03-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Cutler is done in Denver according to my sources.

DaFace
03-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Cutler is done in Denver according to my sources.

Do you actually have "sources" or are you just saying this?

Boris The Great
03-15-2009, 08:38 PM
I think he warrants what we got for Jared Allen, and I think some team loaded with talent but missing a QB (Minnesota, Bucs, etc) will throw their Draft at Denver for him.

1st and a 2nd. Calling it.

Tampa already offered their 1st and 3rd in the three way deal for Cassel that didnt happen. They would have no reason to go any higher than that now, with Cutlers value slipping every second.

BTW, I think the funniest thing is that not only will Cutler refuse to attend this meeting, but his drinking buddy Tony Scheffler isnt going to show up either. Is Scheffler his girlfriend now too?

bdeg
03-15-2009, 08:51 PM
"with Cutlers value slipping every second"

So how do you know Denver wouldn't accept less than they were willing to before? Of course they would.

Quesadilla Joe
03-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Tampa already offered their 1st and 3rd in the three way deal for Cassel that didnt happen. They would have no reason to go any higher than that now, with Cutlers value slipping every second.

BTW, I think the funniest thing is that not only will Cutler refuse to attend this meeting, but his drinking buddy Tony Scheffler isnt going to show up either. Is Scheffler his girlfriend now too?

Tony Scheffler and Jay Cutler happen to share the same agent. Who knows what Bus Cook is up to with Cutler. But Scheffler IS on the trading block and Denver has confirmed that.

Chiefs=Champions
03-15-2009, 08:59 PM
LOL at this thread... Very funny to see bronco fans trying to console themselves by saying that they have all the power... Cutler dosnt have to do *^&* and to me he seems like the sort of person who if push comes to shove, will sit out the season... Oh and theyll prob get 1st and 2nd...

Chiefs=Champions
03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
McDaniels the new Al Davis?

manchambo
03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
It's a strange thing valuing a guy like this. If you just look at the odds of a flop if you pick QB in the first round, he ought to be worth two or three high first round picks. If you look at it objectively, what are the odds of getting a Cutler-type player with a top 10 pick? It has to be worse than 50:50, when you think about all the total flops you have with QBs picked high.

Now, do I think they'll get that much for him? Of course not. Thinking about it just gets me madder and madder at our organization for letting it come to this.

There has been a rumor about Cutler for Brady Quinn and Shaun Rodgers. That's probably the best they do. And actually would be kind of tempting when you think about how hard it is to get a good NT.

Bwana
03-15-2009, 10:33 PM
A 2nd.

cdcox
03-15-2009, 10:55 PM
1500-1800 points.

This is what I think. His value has definitely climbed since he was first drafted, but has fallen a bit over the antics of the last few weeks.

Chieftain58
03-16-2009, 12:50 AM
1st and a third

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-16-2009, 02:04 AM
I will give them Matt Cassel for Jay Cutler and their second round pick...

:)

If Pioli then ships him off to Tampa and drafts the Assassin; I'm down.

Chiefnj2
03-16-2009, 08:05 AM
If a franchise QB is worth two first round picks then why didn't Denver offer the Pats two first round picks for Cassel?

OnTheWarpath15
03-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Hell, I'd be more than willing to trade them Cassel, who is clearly McDaniels' love child, for Cutler and the Donkeys 2nd. :D

Damn right.

Hell, I'd send them Cassel and swap 1sts with them, getting back Cutler and a 2nd.

FloridaMan88
03-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Cutler's trade value may not be as high as it could have been if other teams didn't already know that Denver is essentially being forced to trade him... unless Denver can get a competitive market for him created.

Iowanian
03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Do you actually have "sources" or are you just saying this?

YOU QUESTION!!??!!!
NO SOUPFORYOU!

htismaqe
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
If a franchise QB is worth two first round picks then why didn't Denver offer the Pats two first round picks for Cassel?

Because Cassel is a "potential" franchise QB, while most people would agree Cutler IS a franchise QB.

Buck
03-16-2009, 09:32 AM

And if they don't do anything, they'll have the Cutler sitting on the Sideline, or at home.

Chiefnj2
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Because Cassel is a "potential" franchise QB, while most people would agree Cutler IS a franchise QB.

McDaniels obviously feels differently.

htismaqe
03-16-2009, 09:41 AM
McDaniels obviously feels differently.

I didn't see that in his comments at all.

He's only said that he's more comfortable with Cassel because he "raised" him. I got the impression that McDaniels feels he CAN BE a franchise QB, but it's still banking on potential.