PDA

View Full Version : Poop Photoshop

Hoover
03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
So I have photoshop and I can go a good job of altering logos and stuff. But how can I take a picture like the below basketball and make the Lanhua read Latham, and the indoor/outdoor read Congress, and the P2000, just read 2010?

I want to keep all the fonts, so it has the same feel. I can kinda do it if I use different fonts.

Teach me o-wise ones.

Or help a bother out and I'll look at taking some classes.

Buck
03-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Good Luck, thats really advanced stuff.

keg in kc
03-17-2009, 02:04 PM
That's some complicated stuff you're talking about, particularly with that image. You'd have to clone the color and texture of the basketball, taking the light into account, and the cover the two logos, then replicate the color and texture of the logos with the new text. I wouldn't even want to try it myself, but I'm no photoshop guru.

Hoover
03-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Well I don't feel bad not being able to do it then...

Dartgod
03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Good Luck, thats really advanced stuff.

That's some complicated stuff you're talking about, particularly with that image. You'd have to clone the color and texture of the basketball, taking the light into account, and the cover the two logos, then replicate the color and texture of the logos with the new text. I wouldn't even want to try it myself, but I'm no photoshop guru.
Pfffft!!

keg in kc
03-17-2009, 02:19 PM
lmao

gblowfish
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
You'd be better off to start with a generic picture of a basketball and set the type over the top. Problem is that this is a 3-D type of object, and the type would have to follow the contour of the ball. So you'd really have to design this in Illustrator or a 3D modeling program that would allow you to bend the type around the contour of the round ball.
It can be done, just not quick or easy to do. Plus, you'd have to find fonts that are close to those used on the ball, and there are literally thousands of fonts to choose from.

lazepoo
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
So I have photoshop and I can go a good job of altering logos and stuff. But how can I take a picture like the below basketball and make the Lanhua read Latham, and the indoor/outdoor read Congress, and the P2000, just read 2010?

I want to keep all the fonts, so it has the same feel. I can kinda do it if I use different fonts.

Teach me o-wise ones.

It wouldn't be too hard, actually. Just take a picture of a basketball on the side with no writing, pick a text that looks like the one that you'd like to use, and just do an inner shadow to simulate the stamped lettering.

keg in kc
03-17-2009, 02:23 PM
You'd be better off to start with a generic picture of a basketball and set the type over the top. Problem is that this is a 3-D type of object, and the type would have to follow the contour of the ball. So you'd really have to design this in Illustrator or a 3D modeling program that would allow you to bend the type around the contour of the round ball.
It can be done, just not quick or easy to do. Plus, you'd have to find fonts that are close to those used on the ball, and there are literally thousands of fonts to choose from.I was thinking about suggesting illustrator, too, but I don't even want to try to explain how to use that program.

ZepSinger
03-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Teach me o-wise ones.

To do it right, you'd need a pic of a plain basketball without the text you want to add. Then you apply the text using the fonts you want to use in additional layers. Finally, you'd warp the text to simulate the look of it wrapping around the ball; maybe a little outer depression beveling to make it appear that the text is embedded in the ball itself. To simulate the lighting, you could apply a spotlight effect to the top text, and darken the text a bit on the lower half. It all starts with a plain ball, tho. No other real good way to do it...

Bob Dole
03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Print it out, alter it by hand with colored pencils, then rescan the thing. :)

keg in kc
03-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Print it out, alter it by hand with colored pencils, then rescan the thing.Go one better and use crayons.

picasso
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM

Teach me o-wise ones.

Here you go.

keg in kc
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Not a bad job there. :clap:

picasso
03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Thank you keg!

Hoover
03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
picasso - thats awesome! Thanks. Mine looked more like Dartgods...

picasso
03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
You're welcome, anytime.

dj56dt58
03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
You're welcome, anytime.

ok..do another one at 5:07 in the morning

Dave Lane
03-18-2009, 11:58 AM

Teach me o-wise ones.

You are a bother!

C-Mac
03-18-2009, 04:27 PM
I was a little late seeing your request...but I was bored and did one for you anyway.

ncCHIEFfan
03-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Thats real good picasso. I would like to learn some of that stuff but just never seem to have the time.

rad
03-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Can somebody do this up? I'm gonna let you guess what to do with it....you all should know.......

(HINT: Talking Can)

rad
03-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Can somebody do this up? I'm gonna let you guess what to do with it....you all should know.......

(HINT: Talking Can)

Holy god, I guess nobody got this........can someone replace Cusak's head with McD's.

ZepSinger
03-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Holy god, I guess nobody got this........can someone replace Cusak's head with McD's.

OK, I have no clue here- what (or who) exactly do you want to replace JC's head??

rad
03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
OK, I have no clue here- what (or who) exactly do you want to replace JC's head??

Josh McDaniels (...pining for Cassel pic..)

ZepSinger
03-20-2009, 12:44 PM
How about we just combine the 2 image requests?

http://www.lewerke.com/images/cusack.jpg

rad
03-20-2009, 01:13 PM
How about we just combine the 2 image requests?

http://www.lewerke.com/images/cusack.jpg

That doesn't work....Here's a pic of McD...