PDA

View Full Version : Life Have you forgotten about Carl?

RealSNR
03-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I know I have.

I've gotten so used to referring to Pioli when I'd like something done. "Pioli will make it happen." or "No way Pioli goes for that deal." or even "SIGN HIM NOW, SCOTT!!!"

Carl is but a memory. He's like "the game" where you lose the game by thinking about the game. Last year at this time I couldn't think about the Chiefs without immediately crossing over to, "Too bad the Chiefs are run by that asshole Carl Peterson." Now I don't have that problem any more. Carl's name doesn't even cross my mind unless somebody else talks about him or I see his picture.

I think this is a great sign. It's only been about 3 months and the healing has already begun.

keg in kc
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Who?

wild1
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Winslow?

Hammock Parties
03-17-2009, 09:44 PM
He's faded quite a bit.

Soon we will make a playoff run and the Carl era will be swept away entirely.

FAX
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I can no longer remember his chin or his eyes or that funny laugh or the way he used to comb his hair or how he didn't like the vegetables on his plate to touch the steak.

FAX

Crush
03-17-2009, 10:00 PM
No matter what happens with Pioli, I will never forget Carl.

Let me give you a little inside information about Carl. Carl liked to tease. He was a ****ing tease. Think about it. He gave us semi-hope. He gave us this extraordinary gift of some what competing in the league during the early years, and then what does he do, I swear for his own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, he fucked us. It's the goof of all time. Look -- but don't touch. Touch -- but don't taste. Taste -- don't swallow. 13-3 or 8-8? It is going to be one of those two and you are going to be pissed, either way. Ahahaha. And while you jumped from one foot to the next, what did he do? He counted the money while laughing his sick, ****ing ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an idiot. Forget that? Never.

Reerun_KC
03-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I can forget Carl, 20 years of complete failure... It took about 1 minute to forget the last 20 years with anything related to Carl, Marty or Herm...

MadMax
03-17-2009, 10:26 PM
I know I have.

I've gotten so used to referring to Pioli when I'd like something done. "Pioli will make it happen." or "No way Pioli goes for that deal." or even "SIGN HIM NOW, SCOTT!!!"

Carl is but a memory. He's like "the game" where you lose the game by thinking about the game. Last year at this time I couldn't think about the Chiefs without immediately crossing over to, "Too bad the Chiefs are run by that asshole Carl Peterson." Now I don't have that problem any more. Carl's name doesn't even cross my mind unless somebody else talks about him or I see his picture.

I think this is a great sign. It's only been about 3 months and the healing has already begun.

I forgot about him 10 years ago. Oh yea the man, the myth,the legend that embodies his persona. MF that POS to hell!! Pioli is next but I don't have permission to question his decisions yet. :) He likes Cassel and most on here are ok with that so I'll just wait for the implosion when Cassel sucks like he will :) Man I pray I'm wrong I really do. But hell ya so happy that Carl AND Herm are gone.

PastorMikH
03-17-2009, 10:52 PM
I know it's not Carl, but I got a kick watching ESPN News today when they were talking about the Pats going after Peppers. They were showing video clips talking about the Pats' need at pass rusher after their significant drop in sack production last year - the only team with a bigger decline in sacks from the previous year was the Chiefs. End clip and back to the announcers - and there sit Herm as guest co-host. The announcer was moving away from what he'd said as fast as possible too. Couldn't help but chuckle a bit.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2009, 10:53 PM
How could anyone forget the guy the "Hot Carl" was named after?

MadMax
03-17-2009, 10:59 PM

"Hot Carl" ROFLROFLROFL

beach tribe
03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Herm is on ESPN. I cannot believe this guy was the headcoach of my beloved Chiefs.

Dude is a fuqin moron.

beach tribe
03-17-2009, 11:09 PM
I forgot about him 10 years ago. Oh yea the man, the myth,the legend that embodies his persona. MF that POS to hell!! Pioli is next but I don't have permission to question his decisions yet. :) He likes Cassel and most on here are ok with that so I'll just wait for the implosion when Cassel sucks like he will :) Man I pray I'm wrong I really do. But hell ya so happy that Carl AND Herm are gone.

Here's to you being wrong. By a large margin.

RealSNR
03-17-2009, 11:11 PM
I know it's not Carl, but I got a kick watching ESPN News today when they were talking about the Pats going after Peppers. They were showing video clips talking about the Pats' need at pass rusher after their significant drop in sack production last year - the only team with a bigger decline in sacks from the previous year was the Chiefs. End clip and back to the announcers - and there sit Herm as guest co-host. The announcer was moving away from what he'd said as fast as possible too. Couldn't help but chuckle a bit.LMAO

MadMax
03-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Here's to you being wrong. By a large margin.

I hear ya and I won't have a problem with that, I'm wrong alot lol

MadMax
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Herm is on ESPN. I cannot believe this guy was the headcoach of my beloved Chiefs.

Dude is a fuqin moron.

It's a lil swole I'll have to study the game tape and see where it's at.

beach tribe
03-17-2009, 11:55 PM
I hear ya and I won't have a problem with that, I'm wrong alot lol

All of us are. Some are more inclined to admit it than others though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Who?( seriously, that was my first thought too )

Here's the thing:

For all of the things that Carl has done to this franchise, and there have been plenty, the thing that twists my guts more than anything else is knowing that I'm going to have to look and listen to that son of a bitch one more time, and it's the last place on Earth, and the last event on Earth that I want to see him at.

What the fuck good is it to stand up and take a bow for yourself, for bringing the most prolific player of MY first era as a fan to Kansas City, when you couldn't or wouldn't take the steps necessary to get said player his Super Bowl ring before he died?

I respect his Mother and family enough to bite the bullet, but I really, really do not like this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 01:02 AM

Dude is a fuqin moron.

Dude, you must TIVO or whatever and post tomorrow! The Cutler Fun is wearing off; daddy needs a new fix!

Hammock Parties
03-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Yeah I'm actually mildly interested in watching Herm if he's shitting his pants on national TV.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah I'm actually mildly interested in watching Herm if he's shitting his pants on national TV.

Well then get your hot buttered media ass to work, and represent! Seriously; the entertainment level is dying on the Donko front; it's time for new kicks.

Otherwise, we all get bitchy around here.

Hammock Parties
03-18-2009, 01:16 AM
I just don't know about that. I kissed a girl yesterday. This could be the beginning of the end of the GoChiefs Golden Era.

A year from now the Planet might be sitting around the e-campfire talking about "the good old days," when GoChiefs was always around to make us laugh.

"It just ain't the same without that little cock gobbler," Iowanian would recall with a wistful sigh.

"No but WPI is suck so gone and right too soon!" Smed1065 might say.

"Guys my feet are tired," badgirl would say.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I just don't know about that. I kissed a girl yesterday. This could be the beginning of the end of the GoChiefs Golden Era.

A year from now the Planet might be sitting around the e-campfire talking about "the good old days," when GoChiefs was always around to make us laugh.

"It just ain't the same without that little cock gobbler," Iowanian would recall with a wistful sigh.

You DID check for lack of adams apple, yes? :D

I guess the only real question is; did it get your Mojo risin'?

beach tribe
03-18-2009, 01:36 AM

Do it dude. Get your cherry busted. I've go 20 bucks that says your posts per day average drops by more than three in one month.

Hammock Parties
03-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Well it's not just that...I have a job interview tomorrow....soooooooo yeah just stock up on canned goods and batteries......

beach tribe
03-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Well it's not just that...I have a job interview tomorrow....soooooooo yeah just stock up on canned goods and batteries......

Good luck. On all fronts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 01:43 AM

A job interview you say? Art thou jumping the bad ship 'AthanCock'?

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2009, 05:46 AM
I think about him every time I wipe my ass...

StcChief
03-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Carl who? Herm who?.... In Pioli and Haley we trust....I moved on.... long (internet time)
....3 months ago. :)

DonJaun
03-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Carl Marx ???

SenselessChiefsFan
03-18-2009, 07:30 AM
I try not to bash anyone. I really try to realize their accomplishments, and accept their failures.

CP wasn't a horrible GM, and frankly, that is what made it such a horrible situation. He did just enough right to make the Chiefs relevant most years. He is still very much respected in the NFL for what he did here.

I don't think that he only cared about money. Frankly, GM's don't got to the HOF based on the revenues they produce. I think he wanted to be the best. I think he wanted to be a legend. I think he gave it his all.

His all just wasn't enough. And, the worst part is that it was enough that he was just good enough to justify keeping his job.

In the end, I will alway appreciate CP bringing back football to KC. I know it was here, but it was dead. I will never forget the 90's and taigating and all the fun at Arrowhead.

With that said, the CP era had run its course and probably should have been over five or ten years ago.

I think the stars have aligned for the Chiefs pretty well at this point. The young talent that they have acquired over the last three years is better than many in here think it is. They have high picks in this draft as well, and I think the Chiefs could be on top very quickly.

But, CP is no longer top of mind, and the only time I think of him are when I see threads titled 'have you forgotten about Carl?"

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2009, 07:37 AM

He did after all, shit on KC's face for 20 years.

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 07:48 AM

You're going to get a job? What caused this? I'm not sure you can do it. You've been a bum a long time.

Kerberos
03-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Dude, you must TIVO or whatever and post tomorrow! The Cutler Fun is wearing off; daddy needs a new fix!
This is comedy gold. Herm playing McDaniels and Dilfer playing Cutler in a role play scenario.

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3990928"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3990928" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
A job interview you say? Art thou jumping the bad ship 'AthanCock'?

Never. It's an incredible part-time gig.

Hammock Parties
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
You're going to get a job? What caused this? I'm not sure you can do it. You've been a bum a long time.

I have a job. I need another one if I want you to install my DirecTV someday.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a job. I need another one if I want you to install my DirecTV someday.

:LOL: :bravo:

http://www.bluehatseo.com/images/middle_finger_flame.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 11:23 AM
This is comedy gold. Herm playing McDaniels and Dilfer playing Cutler in a role play scenario.

<object width="440" height="361">

<embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3990928" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="440" height="361"></object>

I...... I......

What the fuck was that?!?

Processing........Processing.......

Diaper Theater. That's what it was. Wow. This league is turning to mush. Well, hopefully Cutler and McDaniels will be able to reconcile after this fine episode of "Masterpiece Theater". :rolleyes::Lin:

Hammock Parties
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Good luck. On all fronts.

Thanks. It went pretty well. I apparently tied the CEO's record for the written test. :D

Very nice little company. They work out of a mansion.

PunkinDrublic
03-18-2009, 03:30 PM
How the **** can you forget about Carl. He's a big reason why we're in the middle of this shithole that Pioli is trying to dig us out of. I can't believe he got his own fairwell press conference. Carl should have been fired via e-mail. Carl is lucky I wasn't in the audience when he tried to explain away his last 10 years of incompetence. I would have thrown both my shoes and whatever else was in reach right at his fat ****ing head.

Stewie
03-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Who could forget Carl?

http://possumblog.mu.nu/images/carl%20spackler.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Who could forget Carl?

http://possumblog.mu.nu/images/carl%20spackler.jpg

LMAO

big nasty kcnut
03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Who this carl you speak of?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 05:04 PM
I had until you started this stupid thread about him. :cuss:

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I know I have.

You mean other than this thread?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I chosen a new association and "happy place", thank you.

http://www.foodfacts.info/blog/uploaded_images/carls-pastrami-lg.gif