PDA

View Full Version : KU North Dakota State Bison fans - Epic Fail

Lzen
03-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Some interesting stuff they post on their forum.
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16024&page=3

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/self%20flash%20card.jpg

Are these fans really this dumb?

And yet another gem.

...truth be told a monkey could win the national championship with brandon rush, mario chalmers, darnell jackson, russelll robinson, darrell arthur, and sherron collins... bill self is more known for his choke jobs than his title last year...

And take a look at the score predictions. Not one single NDST fan predicts a KU win. I mean, it's great to be a fan that supports your team. But c'mon, nobody in their fanbase thinks they might lose? :shake:

Lzen
03-18-2009, 08:09 AM
And the reason I posted this is that I am getting sick of hearing all these national guys picking this as an upset. This game, I guess, is the sexy upset pick. :rolleyes: I hope we destroy them.

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 08:10 AM
A lot of the upset talk is fueled by the relative close proximity of NDS.

It won't matter. KU should ask if they'd like to grab their ankles or their knees.

Delano
03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Yeah. They are that fucking dumb. Believe me.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-18-2009, 08:14 AM
And take a look at the score predictions. Not one single NDST fan predicts a KU win. I mean, it's great to be a fan that supports your team. But c'mon, nobody in their fanbase thinks they might lose? :shake:

That's not true, there are some predicting a loss...

DJay23
03-18-2009, 08:24 AM

I've been watching bisonville.com very closely and they are VERY confident they'll win. There is one poster there (Mr. Meanor) who takes everything with a grain of salt and is careful to declare victory.

EVERYONE ELSE I have seen on there pretty much believes that NDSU has to go cold shooting for them not to win. They don't think that even if they hit their shots KU can still beat them. And they are very sensitive. Anytime a KU fan comes on with a legitimate point about KU's relative athleticism or how they've been tested this year (Oh yeah, well we almost beat USC and they are WAY better than anyone you played!!!!) they pull out the "arrogant KU fan" card. Which has been true of course of a few posters.

Personally I have been respectful there and brought up good game points and I've been treated well.

Are you signed up on there Lzen?

Lzen
03-18-2009, 08:27 AM

Ok, maybe there are now couple that don't predict their team will win. When I last looked yesterday, I didn't see one NDST fan that predicted a KU win. And even when one of their own question that overconfidence, they jump all over him.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16096&page=4
Wow, just.....wow.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-18-2009, 08:28 AM
I've been watching bisonville.com very closely and they are VERY confident they'll win. There is one poster there (Mr. Meanor) who takes everything with a grain of salt and is careful to declare victory.

EVERYONE ELSE I have seen on there pretty much believes that NDSU has to go cold shooting for them not to win. They don't think that even if they hit their shots KU can still beat them. And they are very sensitive. Anytime a KU fan comes on with a legitimate point about KU's relative athleticism or how they've been tested this year (Oh yeah, well we almost beat USC and they are WAY better than anyone you played!!!!) they pull out the "arrogant KU fan" card. Which has been true of course of a few posters.

Personally I have been respectful there and brought up good game points and I've been treated well.

so they are a lot like KU fans except different colors?

Lzen
03-18-2009, 08:29 AM

Nope. I thought about signing up over there the other day. I have just been lurking since. After seeing so many of the negative responses to KU fans, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Lzen
03-18-2009, 08:32 AM

Look, I know I will probably get called the old "arrogant KU fan" for saying this, but what the heck. KU has a lot reason to be confident. We have over a century of great basketball tradition. We are regularly one of the nation's best teams. We won the title last year. What do they have? I just don't get it.

Reaper16
03-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Look, I know I will probably get called the old "arrogant KU fan" for saying this, but what the heck. KU has a lot reason to be confident. We have over a century of great basketball tradition. We are regularly one of the nation's best teams. We won the title last year. What do they have? I just don't get it.
A young program (at the D1 level) with excitement surrounding it. An opponent they perceive as beatable (probably because of the Baylor loss).

KU is going to win. You know this. Which is why the excitement of some homers from North Dakota shouldn't get you all pissy.

Pants
03-18-2009, 08:37 AM

Fans of winning programs are always seen as arrogant. The thing is... NDS is not a winning program on the big stage.

DJay23
03-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Nope. I thought about signing up over there the other day. I have just been lurking since. After seeing so many of the negative responses to KU fans, I decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm so anxious for this game I have to do something to put my mind at ease. I was hoping to see their mindset, since they know their team better. I think they have grown overconfident and I hope their team has as well.

DJay23
03-18-2009, 08:40 AM

Actually more like K-State fans.

All kinds of cockfury with nothing backing it up.

Rooster
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
KU is going to win. You know this. Which is why the excitement of some homers from North Dakota shouldn't get you all pissy.

Exactly. Some have nothing better to do I guess.

WilliamTheIrish
03-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Actually more like K-State fans.

All kinds of cockfury with nothing backing it up.

Yes, where would the BBall world be w/o intimate knowledge of how/when to storm the court, when to boooooooooooooo, when to chant "Over - Rated"? And now we have outrage over opponents actually daring to think they can win.

Why... that's outrageous!!11111

Fortunately, we have li'l brother fans from Lawrence as a shining beacon to educate us in these fine aspects of basketball.

By golly you guys should tell them to "Warm up the tractorzzzz"!!111111

We still love you despite your inferiority complex.

Lzen
03-18-2009, 09:15 AM
A young program (at the D1 level) with excitement surrounding it. An opponent they perceive as beatable (probably because of the Baylor loss).

Oh, I understand their excitement. They have reason to feel that way. But it seems to have turned to overconfidence. I guess I just don't get it. I am not pissy toward them for supporting their team. Just tired of hearing all the national people choosing this game, this "sexy upset" pick.

WilliamTheIrish
03-18-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm so anxious for this game I have to do something to put my mind at ease. I was hoping to see their mindset, since they know their team better. I think they have grown overconfident and I hope their team has as well.

The fans mindset is related to how their team will play? LMAO

Mr. Plow
03-18-2009, 09:16 AM
LOL NDSU FTW!

Pants
03-18-2009, 09:18 AM

We still love you despite your inferiority complex. :spock:

OmahaChief
03-18-2009, 09:19 AM
You have been beat by some pretty crappy teams in the tourney with the exception of last year. I guess that gives them hope.

Pants
03-18-2009, 09:21 AM
And now we have outrage over opponents actually daring to think they can win.

I don't think his problem is with NDS fans thinking they can win, I think what bothered him is them knowing they will win.

Pants
03-18-2009, 09:29 AM
You have been beat by some pretty crappy teams in the tourney with the exception of last year. I guess that gives them hope.

And the year before... and Bradley went on to beat Pitt after us so they weren't a horrible team.

As far as I'm concerned, the worst NCAA tournament loss in recent history was to Bucknell and that was an abortion of a game by a team that wasn't Bill Self's.

ChiefsNWildcats
03-18-2009, 09:30 AM
If I were a NDSU fan and my team made it into their first tourney ever I wouldn't hang out with a bunch of fans in a messageboard that were all negative and somber while expecting to lose.

I would rather be fired up and expecting to knock off KU in a big upset and just be deflated later on. That's the fun of college sports. The emotional roller coaster ride.

*edit. If they come on to KU messageboard spewing garbage, thats when you lay down the law. Let them go nuts on theirs. That's where it belongs. haha

RealSNR
03-18-2009, 09:34 AM
They're just excited is all. Nothing to see here.

I remember 5 years ago when they were still Division II and they played games against U of North Dakota. They got their asses beat down back then, too :D

They did have some great football teams, and I think the men's BBall won Division II in the early 90s. Then their football team starts beating teams like Minnesota... actual honest-to-goodness Division I opponents.

They think since their team has SOME success, that facing real Division I opponents will be as easy as facing their rivals from Division II, where they did win a lot of games.

I think these fans definitely need a good ol' fashioned beat-down in the tournament for the next couple of years before they gain some sense about these types of games. In the meantime, they'll have it set in their minds that NDSU actually has the talent to win it all. Which is bogus, obviously.

Reerun_KC
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM

:D

TrebMaxx
03-18-2009, 10:08 AM
LMAO As a MU fan I think it is my duty to register over on the Bison site as a KU fan. Then proceed to troll the hell out of them. LMAO

But I won't. o:-)

DJay23
03-18-2009, 10:11 AM
The fans mindset is related to how their team will play? LMAO

Re-Read

Buehler445
03-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Yes, where would the BBall world be w/o intimate knowledge of how/when to storm the court, when to boooooooooooooo, when to chant "Over - Rated"? And now we have outrage over opponents actually daring to think they can win.

Why... that's outrageous!!11111

Fortunately, we have li'l brother fans from Lawrence as a shining beacon to educate us in these fine aspects of basketball.

Damn someone must have pissed in your post toasties this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
03-18-2009, 10:18 AM

Your memory sucks. If you recall, KU made the Elite Eight in Self's first season.

The year before last, KU got to the Elite Eight and lost to UCLA in the state of California. Hardly a loss to a crappy team.

Bradley, as I recall, had a couple of NBA players on that roster. So, they weren't exactly your typical mid major. Add in the fact that KU had no real veteran upperclassmen leaders on that squad. Chalmers, Rush, and Wright were all freshmen. Kaun, Jackson, and Robinson were sophomores.

Bucknell, yes that was totally crappy. But I chalk that one up to those guys were kind of spoiled under Roy and never totally bought into Self's style. That team was bad down the last stretch of the season. It should not have been as big a surprise as it was.

This year, KU has a couple of guys who were major contributors to that title run last year. Albeit, Cole didn't play many minutes last season due to all the talent and experience in front of him. But Collins has been there and done that.

Bearcat
03-18-2009, 10:19 AM

At this point people outside of reasonable Kansas fans don't even try to understand what happened during those two years (and Bradley won a couple of other games around that time)... whatever. It's funny to see people pull Bucknell out of their ass after all this time just so they have some ammo.

Yeah, with the exception of last year, we lost two first round games, went to a Championship game, another FF, a couple of EEs... Gosh, with how unsuccessful they've been this decade, I sure hope they repeat despite it being (another) rebuilding year. It would be tragic if they somehow made it to the SS or EE and then "choked"... completely unacceptable if they lost in the first two rounds. Honeymoon's over, Self, time to reel off 5 or 10 NCs in a row.

And it's really funny if someone actually said Bill Self is known more for choking... hmmm, fans who think losing in the EE is choking, sounds familiar. :hmmm:
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
03-18-2009, 10:22 AM
If I were a NDSU fan and my team made it into their first tourney ever I wouldn't hang out with a bunch of fans in a messageboard that were all negative and somber while expecting to lose.

I would rather be fired up and expecting to knock off KU in a big upset and just be deflated later on. That's the fun of college sports. The emotional roller coaster ride.

*edit. If they come on to KU messageboard spewing garbage, thats when you lay down the law. Let them go nuts on theirs. That's where it belongs. haha

Those are good points. I guess I was just surprised that they didn't seem to have many realists. And when a realist finally did speak up, he was chastised for it. At least there are KU fans that believe that our team could lose.

Swanman
03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
KU will be fine in the first round this year. Why? Because their first round opponent doesn't start with a B. That is Bill Self's achilles heel in the tourney. If you drew Binghamton in the first round, then that's cause for worry.

Tiger's Fan
03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Damn someone must have pissed in your post toasties this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kitty fans think they're above it all, by being below it all.

HolyHandgernade
03-18-2009, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't worry to much about the press, they're trying to generate interest and be fortune tellers. If they had to put a grand of their own money on this game, they ain't going all in on the Bison. They are not a good defensive team and they are going to get worn out. If we don't get out and defense the three point line, it MIGHT get interesting, MIGHT. But, interesting won't be enough.

-HH

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 11:03 AM
A bunch of MUrons went over there posing as KU fans. It got them all riled up. It's really funny. KenPom gives them a 19% chance of winning.

Buehler445
03-18-2009, 11:10 AM
19% is higher than I would anticipate. I guess not. Fouls and getting hot can keep a team in.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
I think they have a darn good shot at knocking KU off. Senior laden team has played well against big teams before see Wisconsin and Marquette and the game will be like a home game for them in Minneapolis.

Also Barry Hinson is on the staff now, that makes a choke job even easier.

Ceej
03-18-2009, 11:48 AM
I think they have a darn good shot at knocking KU off. Senior laden team has played well against big teams before see Wisconsin and Marquette and the game will be like a home game for them in Minneapolis.

Also Barry Hinson is on the staff now, that makes a choke job even easier.

Hinson in no way, shape or form helps coaching. I forget his exact title. But, if you mean by negative mojo that he's affiliated with KU - then yes, I'd agree.

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Hinson in no way, shape or form helps coaching. I forget his exact title. But, if you mean by negative mojo that he's affiliated with KU - then yes, I'd agree.

He is Bill Self's secetary. But the mojo was what I was getting at.

Ceej
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
He is Bill Self's secetary. But the mojo was what I was getting at.

I figured.

alnorth
03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm not getting worked up on this. To me, if a KU fan gets annoyed at seeing these fans talking about how they can win, that points to the KU fan's own uncertainty about the game.

As a KU fan who has followed the team somewhat closely this year, I do not expect them to reach the final four despite the obvious talent (way too inconsistent), but I'm not worried about the 1st game at all. I'm pretty much 95%+ sure we will win. When I see these NDSU fans talk about how they are going to topple the Jayhawks, I basically think "aww, how cute", and move on. I am not going to go to their board and try to explain why I think they are going to lose because that wouldnt be welcome, but I also don't get annoyed about their homer fan support either.

DJay23
03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Hilarious

Gully
Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot Join Date: Sep 2005

Re: Score predictions KU-NDSU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NDSU 65
KU 78

I think the green and yellow glasses are on most of the folks making these picks! I'd give NDSU a 5-10% chance of winning. To me NDSU has already won, not in the sense that they're better than KU, just in the sense of making the big dance and having a chance to play a competitive game. I just think actually winning the game is too much to ask and a bit out of reach.

Flame away but I think I'm being objective. This is Kansas for cripes sake!

Don't get me wrong, there is no bigger SU fan than this guy and I'll be there chearing loudly. I'm just saying wishing something doesn't make it so.

Should be fun!

Immediate response:

SDbison
Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot Join Date: Aug 2003

Re: Score predictions KU-NDSU

Geez Gully isn't the line like 10.5 or 11. What the heck is wrong with you picking a 13 point loss?

alanm
03-18-2009, 12:40 PM
BUT... If NDSU pulls the upset, will this be considered bigger than losing to Bucknell a few yrs back? ;)

Pants
03-18-2009, 12:42 PM
BUT... If NDSU pulls the upset, will this be considered bigger than losing to Bucknell a few yrs back? ;)

That was the worst sports-fan-day in my life, I think... I literally felt ill in my stomach.

gblowfish
03-18-2009, 12:43 PM
KU will be fine in the first round this year. Why? Because their first round opponent doesn't start with a B. That is Bill Self's achilles heel in the tourney. If you drew Binghamton in the first round, then that's cause for worry.

Go Borth Dakota State Bison!! LMAO

kc-nd
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
I am an NDSU graduate. I live in Bismarck, ND. I believe we have about a 5 percent chance of winning. Everyone else I talk to around here says the same. We're happy to get in - but there are no illusions of NDSU winning a number of games, even one.

Just to play one game is a big deal for a program new to Division 1.

Don't think that everyone posting on that bulletin board reflects the consensus. Those posting are probably fans that are already in downtown Minneapolis waiting for the game to start. And if I could be there with them, I would be doing the same.

Lots of excitement, but lots of realism here.

Saul Good
03-18-2009, 12:57 PM
It must be said that those Kansas teams that lost in the first round were not exactly laden with talent. Wayne Simien was probably the best player on the team, and he barely got a cup of coffee in the NBA.

Demonpenz
03-18-2009, 12:59 PM
i think most people don't give ku respect because of the way they back into winning things. Last year if that one guy shoots free throws well Ku goes golfing

sedated
03-18-2009, 01:03 PM
That was the worst sports-fan-day in my life, I think... I literally felt ill in my stomach.

I sat and starred at the TV for at least an hour, without moving, after Simien missed that turn-around jumper from the top of the lane. (He made that exact shot 1000 times, why did he have to miss THAT one?!)

DJay23
03-18-2009, 01:07 PM
I sat and starred at the TV for at least an hour, without moving, after Simien missed that turn-around jumper from the top of the lane. (He made that exact shot 1000 times, why did he have to miss THAT one?!)

Damnit, everytime I see that replay I still think it's going in. I thought it was in at the time. It was on line, he had a clean look, right in his sweet spot. Perfect long pass to set it up. Ugh...

DJay23
03-18-2009, 01:08 PM

No, because Bucknell was seriously a SHOCK. no one saw that coming. At least a lot of the "pundits" are already predicting the upset this year, and the speculation is founded.

blaise
03-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Bob Davis has KU winning by a score of 746 to 3.

kc-nd
03-18-2009, 01:17 PM
By the way, I think Kansas should play its recruits and also spot NDSU 30 points to make it even.

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 01:18 PM

I answered the phone "City Morgue" that day.

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 01:21 PM
i think most people don't give ku respect because of the way they back into winning things. Last year if that one guy shoots free throws well Ku goes golfing

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Pants
03-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Champions, like Chalmers, don't miss, son.

Mr. Plow
03-18-2009, 01:33 PM

Ya, and as Coach Cal said, he wasn't concerned about free throws because they'll make them when they need to......well, maybe not.

By the way, has Cal started his Rodney Dangerfield act yet?

jidar
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
There are legit reasons to pick this as an upset game.

1: NDSU is a 3 point shooting team and a team that can shoot the 3 can win any game if a couple of players get hot.

2: Goes along with 1, KU has given up the perimeter D a bit this season. Although it's still better outside D than NDSU is used to so maybe this isn't true.

3: KU is in a bit of a funk.

4: NDSU has more veteran players and have nothing to lose.

Even so, all of that combined gives them maybe a 15% shot if you ask me because if I made a list of KU pros it would have about 20 items and #1 is KU will have the 3 or 4 best athletes on the court at any given time. KU will win this game.

kstater
03-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I can't believe the fans of NDSU have the audacity to think their team even deserves a chance to be on the floor at the same time as the great KU Jayhawks. Where's the fun in that? Don't they know that all they can talk about in the presence of KU fans(one must always assume a KU fan is present, even on your own school centered internet chat board) is how they will have the ever living crap beat out of them by a bunch of soon to be Saints?

jidar
03-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I can't believe the fans of NDSU have the audacity to think their team even deserves a chance to be on the floor at the same time as the great KU Jayhawks. Where's the fun in that? Don't they know that all they can talk about in the presence of KU fans(one must always assume a KU fan is present, even on your own school centered internet chat board) is how they will have the ever living crap beat out of them by a bunch of soon to be Saints?

you're damned right

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 03:22 PM
There are legit reasons to pick this as an upset game.

1: NDSU is a 3 point shooting team and a team that can shoot the 3 can win any game if a couple of players get hot.

2: Goes along with 1, KU has given up the perimeter D a bit this season. Although it's still better outside D than NDSU is used to so maybe this isn't true.

3: KU is in a bit of a funk.

4: NDSU has more veteran players and have nothing to lose.

Even so, all of that combined gives them maybe a 15% shot if you ask me because if I made a list of KU pros it would have about 20 items and #1 is KU will have the 3 or 4 best athletes on the court at any given time. KU will win this game.

5. Game is in NDSU's backyard

Buehler445
03-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I think the KState fans need a hobby.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJay23
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
I think the KState fans need a hobby.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't they have a game tonight?

jidar
03-18-2009, 03:40 PM
5. Game is in NDSU's backyard

that too, although I've never quite bought into that since it's not that far for KU either.

Spott
03-18-2009, 03:47 PM
A bunch of MUrons went over there posing as KU fans. It got them all riled up. It's really funny. KenPom gives them a 19% chance of winning.

Nice try. You are the one that posted their website on this board a few times earlier this week encouraging all KU fans to register over there and basically talk a bunch of smack, as if there's any reason to talk smack on a team in their 1st year of division 1 basketball. Then when they do you blame it on Mizzou fans. :rolleyes:

kc-nd
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
that too, although I've never quite bought into that since it's not that far for KU either.

They can only put five people on the court from each team. Yeah, NDSU will send the masses to the event - might be the only time in 5 or 10 years so they will be there.

If you would ask anyone here (outside of the bulletin board you were on) if NDSU had a good chance to win, people here would say there's a chance.

kstater
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Don't they have a game tonight?

At home vs Illinois State, winner goes to SDSU.

jidar
03-18-2009, 03:52 PM
They can only put five people on the court from each team. Yeah, NDSU will send the masses to the event - might be the only time in 5 or 10 years so they will be there.

If you would ask anyone here (outside of the bulletin board you were on) if NDSU had a good chance to win, people here would say there's a chance.

I don't think a 7 hour drive is a problem for KU fans either, which incidentally is also going to be a much larger fan base. If NDSU has more people there I will be surprised. I guess the dark horse is whether KU fans take the game seriously enough to actually show up on friday, but that's never been a problem in the past.

Spott
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM
I think the only one epically failing is all the douche bag trolls that have registered on their board in the past few days just to show their ass.

Frazod
03-18-2009, 04:02 PM
I think the only one epically failing is all the douche bag trolls that have registered on their board in the past few days just to show their ass.

You think any of them post here regularly?

Naw.......... couldn't be. LMAO

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Nice try. You are the one that posted their website on this board a few times earlier this week encouraging all KU fans to register over there and basically talk a bunch of smack, as if there's any reason to talk smack on a team in their 1st year of division 1 basketball. Then when they do you blame it on Mizzou fans. :rolleyes:

The Bisonville mods said there were a bunch of MU guys over there trolling. Yeah I'm sure you're above doing that. Although I haven't seen anybody from here over there.

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Some interesting stuff they post on their forum.
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16024&page=3

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/self%20flash%20card.jpg

Are these fans really this dumb?

And yet another gem.

And take a look at the score predictions. Not one single NDST fan predicts a KU win. I mean, it's great to be a fan that supports your team. But c'mon, nobody in their fanbase thinks they might lose? :shake:Yeah, it reminds me a LOT of the KU fans leading up to the Bradley game. Not one (vocal) KU fan predicted a Bradley win or a score that kept Bradley within 10. The radio call-in shows in KC were presenting questions like, "How much will KU win by [sic]?" and folks were all talking about the next round.

Fans are stupid.

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 05:10 PM

The Twin Cities is to NDSU like KC is to KU and MU. Thats were all of their alums live. Hell they brought 30k to see them play football against the Gophers.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Well to be honest, winning a national championship with 7 NBA level players on you roster is really more about recruiting than superior coaching.

Brandon Rush
Mario Chalmers
Darrell Arthur
Darnell Jackson
Sasha Kaun
Sherron Collins
Cole Aldrich

DJay23
03-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Well to be honest, winning a national championship with 7 NBA level players on you roster is really more about recruiting than superior coaching.

Brandon Rush
Mario Chalmers
Darrell Arthur
Darnell Jackson
Sasha Kaun
Sherron Collins
Cole Aldrich

It's a combination. You have to get guys to your school who fit the system you want to run. Self couldn't win big with Roy's guys. It was like trying to haul some furniture (Self's style) with a Ferrari (Roy's style).

Although everyone conveniently forgets he hauled furniture all the way to overtime in the Elite 8 in that Ferrari.

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 05:58 PM
At home vs Illinois State, winner goes to SDSU.

Is this game on TV?

Bearcat
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM
It's a combination. You have to get guys to your school who fit the system you want to run. Self couldn't win big with Roy's guys. It was like trying to haul some furniture (Self's style) with a Ferrari (Roy's style).

Although everyone conveniently forgets he hauled furniture all the way to overtime in the Elite 8 in that Ferrari.

That was a great ending to the season. #4 seed, no expectations... IIRC, that was the year they lost at home to Richmond. Pacific was the sexy Cinderella pick, then UAB was supposed to suffocate Kansas with Anderson's 40 minutes of Hell, but Kansas scored 100... and then they took Georgia Tech to OT, who went on to lose in the NC game.

I wouldn't mind a repeat of that year.... or last year, whatever. :)

kstater
03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Is this game on TV?

No

wild1
03-18-2009, 06:42 PM
heard a rumor from an alum that they sold a huge amount of tickets to Bison fans. whatever that is worth

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
heard a rumor from an alum that they sold a huge amount of tickets to Bison fans. whatever that is worth

There isn't much to do in N.D.

KChiefs1
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM

This MU fan didn't go over there because I can't even read their damn board because it says I have to log-in....not happening.

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
This MU fan didn't go over there because I can't even read their damn board because it says I have to log-in....not happening.

I didn't see anybody from here over there. But their mods said they were MU fans. Maybe from Tigerboard or Antlers.

Reerun_KC
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Where are the ksu vs n ill game threads?

kstater
03-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Where are the ksu vs n ill game threads?

I typically don't start game threads when I don't get it on TV.

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2009, 07:22 PM
I didn't see anybody from here over there. But their mods said they were MU fans. Maybe from Tigerboard or Antlers.Are you sure?. I know guys from that board due to UNI playing them in football. They don't think they are MU fans at all.

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Are you sure?. I know guys from that board due to UNI playing them in football. They don't think they are MU fans at all.

Go over there and look for yourself. The mods say they are MU guys. BTW, I don't care what you think.

Braincase
03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
There isn't much to do in N.D.

All I got from the ND crowd is that they are pretty serious about fishing on frozen lakes, and they want to tear KU a new icehole.