PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bill Simmons and Mike Lombardi Discuss the Cassel/Cutler/Denver Debacle

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
First several minutes of their podcast. It's pretty compelling, and paints McDaniels as a pretty big dumbass for trying to dump Cutler just for his love of familiarity with Cassel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=3990593

Goapics1
03-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Bill Simmons sux the penis

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Bottom line... his focus should have been fixing defense, not worry about replacing a player at pivotal position that wasn't a problem in the first place.

Buehler445
03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Bottom line... his focus should have been fixing defense, not worry about replacing a player at pivotal position that wasn't a problem in the first place.

Key words right there. Now he has bigger fish to fry. And that's not going away soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Exactly... McDaniels sh*t his own bed with this one.

McD has no resume as a HC... he is the least proven person at his position in that organization and this was just the wrong thing to consider when he rolled into town.

FAX
03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
With all respect, Mr. Mile High Mania, that's just crazy talk. You wacky goat fan.

An HC has every right to acquire his preferred quarterback. Especially an HC who is offensive minded. McDaniels didn't do anything wrong (except for the cover-up part). Your biggest problem is Baby Jay and the Bus Boy- Not McDaniels. It should be obvious by now that this whole drama was blown out of proportion by Baby Jay because he wanted a trade - well before the trade talks began, by the way.

FAX

talastan
03-18-2009, 02:33 PM
With all respect, Mr. Mile High Mania, that's just crazy talk. You wacky goat fan.

An HC has every right to acquire his preferred quarterback. Especially an HC who is offensive minded. McDaniels didn't do anything wrong (except for the cover-up part). Your biggest problem is Baby Jay and the Bus Boy- Not McDaniels. It should be obvious by now that this whole drama was blown out of proportion by Baby Jay because he wanted a trade - well before the trade talks began, by the way.

FAX

This, C**tler is heart broken that he can't suck the Rat's teet anymore for moral support. McD would probably be a great coach for him, though he'd hold him accountable for some of the Favreesque throws he attempts.

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
We'll just agree to stick with our own views on this one...

Yes, Cutler has turned out to be more drama queen that I like to see in a QB, but to suggest that McD really has no blame (aside from the mild cover up) is off too.

Chief Faithful
03-18-2009, 02:44 PM

FAX

Exactly! McKid's only mistake was to coddle Baby Jay.

McKid should have followed Haley's lead and just told Cutler he could get a QB off that street that can't lead his team to the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I hope Cassell gets you guys to the playoffs in 2009... because if he doesn't, I don't want to hear anything about KC not having a 'team' around him.

OnTheWarpath15
03-18-2009, 02:51 PM
I hope Cassell gets you guys to the playoffs in 2009... because if he doesn't, I don't want to hear anything about KC not having a 'team' around him.

I'm with you on this one.

I know that if I found out that my new boss preferred someone inferior to me, I'd be pretty upset about it as well.

Then to have my boss blatantly lie about it?

Can't say I'm disappointed in the sideshow occurring in Denver though...

LMAO

FringeNC
03-18-2009, 03:00 PM

I know that if I found out that my new boss preferred someone inferior to me, I'd be pretty upset about it as well.

LMAO

That's not how it what down according to what I have read. After Bates left for USC, Cutler's agent demanded a trade.

EyePod
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM

With the Raiders, Donkey's, and Bolts around in the AFC West, this is a realistic possibility.

FAX
03-18-2009, 03:58 PM

Well, okay. But I was kinda looking forward to calling you some nasty names and stuff.

FAX

FAX
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM

Hmmm. No fair. We haven't won a playoff game since before they invented ice cream on a stick. We've only been to a couple. You can't expect miracles.

FAX

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Hmmm. No fair. We haven't won a playoff game since before they invented ice cream on a stick. We've only been to a couple. You can't expect miracles.

FAX

Well, Jay has a sub .500 record... according to most around here and the 'experts' in the media, that's the big glaring weak spot for Jay. It doesn't appear to matter much about the ground game or defense. Just sayin.. :harumph:

orange
03-18-2009, 04:07 PM

Yes, Cutler has turned out to be more drama queen that I like to see in a QB, but to suggest that McD really has no blame (aside from the mild cover up) is off too.

LMAO

That's not how it what down according to what I have read. After Bates left for USC, Cutler's agent demanded a trade.

I hate to say "I told you so" - okay, that's not true, I LOVE to say it - but I called this as a ploy by Cook the very first day the story broke. Right here on ChiefsPlanet. Always look for the orangutan, your assurance of quality between-the-lines-reading! :thumb:

As for the whole "coverup," "boss blatantly lying," angle - ACCORDING TO WHO?

We have McDaniels' public statements - they're available for anyone to read. And we have Cutler saying (quoted from an interview) that they (Cutler and his agent, apparently) "know that's a lie." Again I ask, according to who? Who has fed Cutler this information about confidential negotiations between the Broncos brass and other teams? If it's somebody from some other team or the league office, that's intentional interference with contractual relations, which is highly actionable.

If I'm the Broncos, I'm investigating this with an eye to suing for the value of Cutler's contract plus compensatory draft picks, maybe punitive damages as well - if it can be proven that Cook (or Scheffler, etc.) has been in contact with anyone outside the organization.

Has orange just broken another story here on ChiefsPlanet? Let's wait and see. :evil:

orange
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM

FAX

Whaaaat's this??? Ice cream... ON A STICK??

orange
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
If I'm the Broncos, I'm investigating this with an eye to suing for the value of Cutler's contract plus compensatory draft picks, maybe punitive damages as well - if it can be proven that Cook (or Scheffler, etc.) has been in contact with anyone outside the organization.

Best case scenario - Cook gets suspended. Many NFL owners/GMs would be rooting for that!

Crush
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Whaaaat's this??? Ice cream... ON A STICK??

Pure deliciousness.

tonyetony
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM

If I'm the Donks I would sue Cutler's parents for raising such a whiney, crying, easily butt hurt emotional train wreck. I bet they're PETA members.

milkman
03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Exactly! McKid's only mistake was to coddle Baby Jay.

McKid should have followed Hatley's lead and just told Cutler he could get a QB off that street that can't lead his team to the playoffs.

Hatley?

orange
03-18-2009, 04:35 PM
If I'm the Donks I would sue Cutler's parents for raising such a whiney, crying, easily butt hurt emotional train wreck. I bet they're PETA members.

That too.

orange
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Hatley?

The Hatleys and the McKids - famous feud. ;)

the Talking Can
03-18-2009, 04:48 PM
ha ha

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 05:30 PM
ha ha

Wait... aren't you required to post that our coach wants your QB in a Cutler thread?

the Talking Can
03-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Wait... aren't you required to post that our coach wants your QB in a Cutler thread?

ha ha is the short version

rad
03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
We have McDaniels' public statements - they're available for anyone to read. And we have Cutler saying (quoted from an interview) that they (Cutler and his agent, apparently) "know that's a lie." Again I ask, according to who? Who has fed Cutler this information about confidential negotiations between the Broncos brass and other teams? If it's somebody from some other team or the league office, that's intentional interference with contractual relations, which is highly actionable.

Has orange just broken another story here on ChiefsPlanet? Let's wait and see. :evil:

Yeah.....good luck with that.

Oh, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my mom. Or something like that.

rad

DHCWOQB

SBK

LMAO

SBK
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM

It is safe to say that NFL teams don't look to downgrade the position right?

the Talking Can
03-18-2009, 07:32 PM
the Chiefs were 2-14 last year...

but Denver is now the league joke

good times

cdcox
03-18-2009, 10:47 PM
That was pretty interesting, although Mike Lombardi and Bill Simmons pimping Curry as a pass rusher made me LOL.

skky man
03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
After reading and listening to all the stuff coming out of Denver I don't just buy the whole thing of wanting Cassell because he knew the system. I think that the HC must of heard somethings about Cutler that got them moving down that road. By the way Cutler is acting I can see why! Bottom line by now it's just too far gone even if the smooth things over I don't see it lasting. One miscommunication in a big game or an audible that backfires etc... then it'll all blow up again. Maybe they could have a meltdown at arrowhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!