PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gunther sweet-talking Aaron Curry & his mom...

T-post Tom
03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I found it interesting that the Chiefs weren't mentioned here.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/aaron_curry/02/26/diary/aaron-curry.jpg

Aaron Curry has visits scheduled with the Seahawks, Bengals and Rams in the coming weeks.

As a walkup to the NFL draft on April 25, SI.com writer Ted Keith has arranged to get diary entries from Aaron Curry, an All-America linebacker at Wake Forest who is projected to go high in the first round. You can read his first entry here, his second entry here and his third entry here.

After the combine, I was back in North Carolina for a few days. I had a chance to go over to Winston-Salem and visit with some people at Wake Forest. It was my first time back since I graduated in December and, of course, everyone's talking about basketball now. I'm friends with all the guys on the team -- Jeff Teague, Al-Farouq Aminu, James Johnson, all of them. I haven't been able to pay as much attention to the team as I'd like this year, but I plan on catching up.

I also had a chance to have dinner with Jon Beason, a middle linebacker for the Carolina Panthers. He gave me the rundown on what everything will be like in the NFL. He said it will get chaotic and once I enter minicamp it will be even crazier. He also said not to get too stressed out being a rookie. Go in there level-headed, don't try to take over the team or take over the world. Just work hard and learn hard. Get with a veteran to take me through the playbook. Take it just as serious as I took it in college football and high school football. And do that every single day.

That was good advice for when I went to visit the Detroit Lions, who hold the top pick in the draft. It went very well and a lot of the conversations were just regular ones, with them trying to learn what type of person I am and how I would fit in there. I met every coach on the defensive side of the ball and we just talked about how I would fit in, where the franchise was headed. I got to have breakfast with new Lions linebacker, Julian Peterson. He was giving me a lot of advice about how to be successful in the NFL. I also got to talk with another Lions linebacker, Ernie Sims, about how to be professional. I figured if they wanted to draft me, they'd put me between those two Pro Bowl-caliber linebackers and just let me wreak havoc.

I mostly just went from room to room and talked to all the coaches. Then they had me meet with Martin Mayhew, the general manager. He mostly seemed interested in how I was doing with this personally, all the attention of being a possible top pick. He also asked about my body and if I was ready to accept the responsibility of being the overall No. 1 pick in the draft. I told him it was something I'm willing to live up to. There's no pressure for me if they draft me that high. It's still just the same game of football, and I like to play the game of football.

When I met with Gunther Cunningham, the defensive coordinator, he told me that I've got a level head, and that the way I carry myself is a testament to the way my mom raised me. She got a kick out of that when I told her. We speak on the phone all the time; she's the first person I call whenever I get a chance. I'm always on the phone with her. She's like my mom and my manager. She doesn't care where I go play, but she said if I get too far away from her she's going to come out and be near me. Of course, if it was up to her I'd play right back in my hometown of Fayetteville, N.C.

I didn't get to see anything in Detroit. All I got to see was the Lions facilities, the airport, the headquarters for football and the practice field. There was even a big mall behind my hotel, but I didn't get to see any of it. The GM and the coaches were telling me there're nice places to live in Detroit, so I'm not too worried about the city I go to. I just want to play the game.

The next teams on my list of visits are the Seattle Seahawks on the 30th, the Cincinnati Bengals on April 1st, and the St. Louis Rams on the 15th. I don't know what those teams are going to do. In fact, I don't know what any teams are going to do in the draft. Nobody knows until they hear their name called. The coaches in Detroit told me they don't even know who's going to get drafted. They told me they'd like to have me there but they also wanted me to know they're not the ones making the decision.

I've been back in Arizona working out at Athlete Performance Institute, trying to get ready for my pro day at Wake Forest on March 23. Two of my best friends have been out here with me for a couple weeks, Jonathan Patterson and John Fuller. I couldn't go home to Fayetteville, so they brought Fayetteville to me. They tell me not to get a big head and not to pay attention to any of the pre-draft hype. I feel like I'm still in high school trying to find a place in the world. They always tell me I haven't shown them anything yet and that the NFL would just be me getting started.

We've mostly been playing video games on PlayStation 3, like Call of Duty, NBA 2K9, NHL 2K9 and, especially, Madden. I created myself and put myself at free safety, so that way I could do what I want and go around and make the tackles I want. Not that I have any interest in playing safety in the NFL, but it's fun for a video game. I put myself on my hometown team, the Carolina Panthers. I know Jamila, my girlfriend, would love it if I wound up with them so I could be back in Charlotte, but that's probably not going to happen since they don't have a first-round pick, and that's fine. I'll go wherever I need to go.

I'm anxious to find out where that will be. The word is the week before the draft is a dead period when teams stop contacting players. By then, I'll be ready to just lay on my mom's couch and relax.

keg in kc
03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Hopefully the folks at Arrowhead have enuff sense to get him in here and show him a few reels of Derrick Thomas highlights. Why, to show him what a pass rusher looks like? I'm sure he's seen them on other teams.

T-post Tom
03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Why, to show him what a pass rusher looks like? I'm sure he's seen them on other teams.

Um no. To to give him the flavor of Chiefs' history & what it is to play in a Chiefs' uniform, especially at Arrowhead.

Spott
03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Damn, Gunther is the DC for the Lions now? Even at 0-16, they had to be really hard up to hire that ass clown to coach their defense.

Dave Lane
03-18-2009, 09:25 PM
What I've seen of Curry in his highlight videos is unimpressive at best.

luv
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Damn, Gunther is the DC for the Lions now? Even at 0-16, they had to be really hard up to hire that ass clown to coach their defense.

I'd say anything is an improvement, but I'm not so sure.

Spott
03-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I'd say anything is an improvement, but I'm not so sure.

Yeah, I guess they thought the guy coaching the second worst defense was an improvement. They may go 0-16 again this year.

luv
03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I guess they thought the guy coaching the second worst defense was an improvement. They may go 0-16 again this year.

Did they get a new OC?

T-post Tom
03-18-2009, 09:39 PM

Not sure if I'd call these "unimpressive at best." But to each his own...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEwCf7huMgs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEwCf7huMgs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FAX
03-18-2009, 09:40 PM

Curry's one of those guys who is highly considered by a lot of pundits and I've never seen play (that I know of). What have you seen that has unimpressed you, Mr. Dave Lane?

I'm sincerely interested.

FAX THE SINCERELY INTERESTED

chiefforlife
03-18-2009, 09:47 PM

Careful, our new DC doesnt rank much better.

RustShack
03-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Have the Chiefs talked to any of the top guys?

BigRock
03-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Gunther liking Curry is the best argument against drafting him that I've seen to date.

CaliforniaChief
03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
This is actually great news...if the Seahawks are interested, it might help us trade down and get back into the 2nd.

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Um no. To to give him the flavor of Chiefs' history & what it is to play in a Chiefs' uniform, especially at Arrowhead.

LMAO

RustShack
03-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Not sure if I'd call these "unimpressive at best." But to each his own...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEwCf7huMgs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEwCf7huMgs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I didn't get more than two minutes into that, I wasn't totally against him at first but man those were not very good plays. They were showing the same average plays three times... If you are making an argument to draft him #3 this clip is not the way... but maybe he made some real plays later into it I don't know.

djrcmay
03-18-2009, 10:35 PM
They don't need to bring Him to K.C. to draft Him!

RustShack
03-18-2009, 10:36 PM

They aren't going to draft anyone they haven't done a shit ton of research and personal workouts with #3 overall.

kysirsoze
03-18-2009, 10:38 PM
I don't see the benefit of wining and dining these guys. Who cares? We draft them and they play for us. They have practically no choice in the matter. It seems to me that stroking their ego won't accomplish much other than possibly make a slight difference in contract negotiations.

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2009, 10:41 PM

:Lin:

FAX
03-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Have the Chiefs talked to any of the top guys?

Pioli doesn't need to talk with them. Not in the typical way that you and I might employ, anyhow, Mr. RustShack. Instead, he uses his famed PAP-SMEAR (the Pioli Astral Projection - Subtle Macrocosmic Etherial Abstract Recognition) technique to enter the prospect's soul while the candidate is sleeping. That way, he can evaluate them both from a great distance and from the inside out. Saves time, money, and kinda gets in their head.

FAX

2bikemike
03-18-2009, 11:05 PM
The one thing I noticed is that he at least wraps up the guy he is nailing. So he seems to be a pretty sure tackler. It infuriates me to watch a defender try to lay a lick on a guy without wrapping up only to watch the Receiver/Running back bounce off and continue down the field another 5+ yards.

SBK
03-18-2009, 11:11 PM
If Gunther loves him then I hate him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 11:28 PM
He looks like he pulls back on his hits, but that Detroit-bound young man can tackle feet and grass like a motherfucker!!!

DaWolf
03-18-2009, 11:36 PM
We're going to trade down...

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2009, 11:37 PM
We're going to trade down...

No.

Buzzsaw
03-18-2009, 11:50 PM
I got to have breakfast with new Lions linebacker, Julian Peterson. He was giving me a lot of advice about how to be successful in the NFL. I also got to talk with another Lions linebacker, Ernie Sims, about how to be professional. I figured if they wanted to draft me, they'd put me between those two Pro Bowl-caliber linebackers and just let me wreak havoc.

Peterson/Curry/Sims would be a pretty sick linebacking corp

CaliforniaChief
03-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Peterson/Curry/Sims would be a pretty sick linebacking corp

Only the Lions would draft a middle linebacker with the #1 pick when LB is the only strength of their team. With Daunte Culpepper as their QBOTF they're going to be next year's 2007 Dolphins.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Only the Lions would draft a middle linebacker with the #1 pick when LB is the only strength of their team. With Daunte Culpepper as their QBOTF they're going to be next year's 2007 Dolphins.

The Lions wined and dined Curry hard core at the combine; they want him badly, and he is not averse to the idea at all.

He said something to the effect of, "how cool it would be to play with Simms and make something happen up there".

jjjayb
03-19-2009, 07:05 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the lions D ranked higher than ours this year. I'm very interested to see what happens when Gunther doesn't have to run Herm's cover who defense.

CoMoChief
03-19-2009, 07:22 AM

History of losing playoff games? Not sure of what history you're speaking of

King_Chief_Fan
03-19-2009, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the lions D ranked higher than ours this year. I'm very interested to see what happens when Gunther doesn't have to run Herm's cover who defense.

yup

talastan
03-19-2009, 08:06 AM

That would be better than the 2008 Lions. ROFL

chiefzilla1501
03-19-2009, 09:13 AM
First he's going to take his heart. Then he's going to take his soul. Finally, he'll take his career.

I can't wait until Gunther drafts him and then convinces him that he should be playing cornerback.

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
I found it interesting that the Chiefs weren't mentioned here. Hopefully the folks at Arrowhead have enuff sense to get him in here. [And show him a few reels of Derrick Thomas highlights. A little Gates & OK Joe's wouldn't hurt either.]

Why would they show him highlights of a player from which he couldn't be any more different?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Considering the fact that Brandon Flowers hits harder and can do pretty much anything on that highlight reel, I'm saying "No Curry unless it comes from Thai Garden".

Ohhhhhhh....SANKYOU!@

chop
03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
I didn't get more than two minutes into that, I wasn't totally against him at first but man those were not very good plays. They were showing the same average plays three times... If you are making an argument to draft him #3 this clip is not the way... but maybe he made some real plays later into it I don't know.

I was thinking the same thing. He made a few good open field tackles in these clips but I wasn't thinking 3rd overall for him. Maybe it got better toward the end but I stopped watching.

ChiefaRoo
03-19-2009, 02:43 PM
I'd trade down with the deadskins then take Raji and Mamaneluegaaaaa or whatever the his name is with my two first rounders.

RT in the 3rd.

StcChief
03-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Only the Lions would draft a middle linebacker with the #1 pick when LB is the only strength of their team. With Daunte Culpepper as their QBOTF they're going to be next year's 2007 Dolphins.they move to D side after years of drafting WRs :)

milkman
03-19-2009, 06:42 PM

What I saw in those highlights was a kid who is a solid tackler, solid cover backer, who does a nice job of maintaining his discipline within the scheme, who only got pressure on the QB when he was given a free path.

I didn't see anything that stands out a screams top 5 pick.

milkman
03-19-2009, 06:46 PM
The one thing I noticed is that he at least wraps up the guy he is nailing. So he seems to be a pretty sure tackler. It infuriates me to watch a defender try to lay a lick on a guy without wrapping up only to watch the Receiver/Running back bounce off and continue down the field another 5+ yards.

Really, wrapping up and actually making the tackle rather than riding the ballcarrier for 5 yards is the only thing that separates him from Donnie Edwards.

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Really, wrapping up and actually making the tackle rather than riding the ballcarrier for 5 yards is the only thing that separates him from Donnie Edwards.

Big only, yet still not big enough to justify a top 5 selection. Not by a fucking mile, which is all that really matters.

gta0012
03-19-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't know what people don't see with Curry. The guy has explosive break down speed, squares up and makes open field tackles, has great strength, and from what I see is intelligent and knows how to watch a play and jump at the right moment.

This guy will be a star imo.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention I'm always right.

milkman
03-19-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't know what people don't see with Curry. The guy has explosive break down speed, squares up and makes open field tackles, has great strength, and from what I see is intelligent and knows how to watch a play and jump at the right moment.

This guy will be a star imo.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention I'm always right.

No one is questioning his talent.
But you simply don't take a cover backer in the top 5.

Cover backer is a non-impact position.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 08:14 PM
What I saw in those highlights was a kid who is a solid tackler, solid cover backer, who does a nice job of maintaining his discipline within the scheme, who only got pressure on the QB when he was given a free path.

I didn't see anything that stands out a screams top 5 pick.

Is my eyesight fading, or does it seem like he puts on the brakes right before he hits?

OMG! ROFL That's exactly who I was thinking of as I watched that!

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Curry is a nice player who tests extremely well because he's athletic but his tape never really "pops" I don't think he'll be a superstar because he never was that in college...he'll do what he's asked to do and be disciplined but I'm not sure how someone can justify that as a top 5 pick.

Hell you can pull up his tape and Maualugas tape and you see Maualuga pop on tape.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Is my eyesight fading, or does it seem like he puts on the brakes right before he hits?

OMG! ROFL That's exactly who I was thinking of as I watched that!

Except that your "assessment" was basically the exact opposite of his. Milkman said he's a good tackler. You said about 3 posts ago that Brandon Flowers is a better tackler than him.

T-post Tom
03-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Building on strength isn't a bad idea. Look at what the Giants are doing with their defensive line.

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Building on strength isn't a bad idea. Look at what the Giants are doing with their defensive line.

Other than a Dline can mask the rest of your defense, having the best LB's in the league in a 4-3 will get you a handful of shit.

T-post Tom
03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
History of losing playoff games? Not sure of what history you're speaking of

There was this guy that used to be the Asst. GM out at Arrowhead. They called him D.T. He kind of had an okay career at LB. [The same position that Curry plays.] You can catch some of his highlights on YouTube. YOU might want to check it out.

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Showing Aaron Curry a highlight of Derrick Thomas would be like sitting DeMarcus Ware down and showing him Derrick Brooks.

RustShack
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
There was this guy that used to be the Asst. GM out at Arrowhead. They called him D.T. He kind of had an okay career at LB. [The same position that Curry plays.] You can catch some of his highlights on YouTube. YOU might want to check it out.

Just because you play the same position doesn't mean you do the same thing. Thats like showing Donnie Edwards film of Merriman.

T-post Tom
03-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Other than a Dline can mask the rest of your defense, having the best LB's in the league in a 4-3 will get you a handful of shit.

:shake:

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:32 PM

You don't agree with that huh?

You give me a top Dline with blah LB's you take the blah DL with the top LB's and I'll show you has the better defense.

RustShack
03-19-2009, 08:34 PM

ROFL

T-post Tom
03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
:rolleyes:ROFL

Tylerthigpen!1!
03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
No one is questioning his talent.
But you simply don't take a cover backer in the top 5.

Cover backer is a non-impact position.

what impact positions have top five talent in this draft though? Fuck the pick, go with your need

RustShack
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM

You give me a top Dline with blah LB's you take the blah DL with the top LB's and I'll show you has the better defense.

:rolleyes:

No response?

T-post Tom
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM

"having the best LB's in the league in a 4-3 will get you a handful of shit."

Um, not so much. You overstated your postition.

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
:rolleyes:

What.....LB is the least significant position on defense unless you play 3-4 which the Lions don't...

If they really take Curry I'm going to bust up laughing they'll have a #1 pick and #11 pick spent on 2 OLB's who don't rush the passer.

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:39 PM
"having the best LB's in the league in a 4-3 will get you a handful of shit."

Um, not so much. You overstated your postition.

Comparing what the Giants did with Dline to LB is like comparing QB's to RB's in value of positions.

T-post Tom
03-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Comparing what the Giants did with Dline to LB is like comparing QB's to RB's in value of positions.

You're creating an argument that isn't there.

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Not really, you acted like building up the LB core was as valuable as the DL.

RustShack
03-19-2009, 08:46 PM

You might want to quit while your behind, your not helping yourself at all.

T-post Tom
03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
You might want to quit while your behind, your not helping yourself at all.

Who asked you, asshat?

RustShack
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Who asked you, asshat?

I'm glad that when your logic runs out(if there was any), you go to childish names. Are you 10?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Curry is a nice player who tests extremely well because he's athletic but his tape never really "pops" I don't think he'll be a superstar because he never was that in college...he'll do what he's asked to do and be disciplined but I'm not sure how someone can justify that as a top 5 pick.

Hell you can pull up his tape and Maualugas tape and you see Maualuga pop on tape.

I know you can sure as hell see Maualuga "pop" the living bajeezus out an opponent as well as tackle.

Except that your "assessment" was basically the exact opposite of his. Milkman said he's a good tackler. You said about 3 posts ago that Brandon Flowers is a better tackler than him.

Brandon IS a better tackler. He needs to keep improving it of course, as do ALL the poor bastards who were deprived the coaching of fundamentals under Gunther, but he's a great player and he'll nail it sooner rather than later.

And he damn sure hits harder than Curry.

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm not really a big fan of Mollymollyuno.

Just saying. Even if we were to luck into dropping and picking 10-15, I'd be "meh" about that possible selection.

T-post Tom
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Not really, you acted like building up the LB core was as valuable as the DL.

No, I simply said that building on strength isn't a bad idea and then used the Giants' fortification of their d-line as an example. I never said that the LB core was valuable as the DL. You created that argument yourself.

Now with all that said, it's pretty obvious that Detroit has much bigger issues than the LB position. And I definately wouldn't take him at #1, even if some of the draft-niks say that he's the closest player to being a "sure thing" in the draft. I'm just saying that having three stud linebackers wouldn't be a bad thing.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I know you can sure as hell see Maualuga "pop" the living bajeezus out an opponent as well as tackle.

Brandon IS a better tackler. He needs to keep improving it of course, as do ALL the poor bastards who were deprived the coaching of fundamentals under Gunther, but he's a great player and he'll nail it sooner rather than later.

And he damn sure hits harder than Curry.

This is such a hyperbole just like most of the people on here shitting on the #1 player in the draft. It's to be expected though.

And anyone who would rather have a two down LB like Maualuga over Curry is crazy, IMO.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Just saying. Even if we were to luck into dropping and picking 10-15, I'd be "meh" about that possible selection.

I agree. I want no part of him, even if we drop. There are so many players I would rather take 10-15

Mecca
03-19-2009, 08:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp1dUZUMXxc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp1dUZUMXxc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Which one jumps out more on tape?

Sweet Daddy Hate

You gotta' have a bad ass Samoan on your team to win Super Bowls, man.

Get with the times! :)

Mecca
I agree. I want no part of him, even if we drop. There are so many players I would rather take 10-15

Such as...and if you say Brian Orakpo...

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 08:59 PM

Me, too.

Like Curry.

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
You gotta' have a bad ass Samoan on your team to win Super Bowls, man.

Get with the times! :)

Maybe so. But if we were to drop, we'd almost certainly be getting a 2nd back, and there is better LB value there.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp1dUZUMXxc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp1dUZUMXxc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Which one jumps out more on tape?

I quit watching a couple minutes in, but they were asked to do completely different things. You're right, when Rey is rushing the passer, unblocked, he does look good. Who wouldn't? As a matter of fact in the 2.5 minutes of that highlight I watched, I'm not sure I saw him take on one block.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Such as...and if you say Brian Orakpo...

In no particular order:

Crabtree
Maclin
Raji
Maybin
Brown
Cushing
Sanchez
Oher
Andre Smith
Matthews

...off the top of my head, guys who could be there 10-15

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I quit watching a couple minutes in, but they were asked to do completely different things. You're right, when Rey is rushing the passer, unblocked, he does look good. Who wouldn't? As a matter of fact in the 2.5 minutes of that highlight I watched, I'm not sure I saw him take on one block.

How many times did we see Kaaawweeeka whiff on those very same plays? Man, that guy was a sack of dicks, too.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 09:06 PM
How many times did we see Kaaawweeeka whiff on those very same plays? Man, that guy was a sack of dicks, too.

Yeah he was. Constantly whiffed.

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Curry is Keith Bulluck part II. No wonder Schwartz and Gun are getting a woody bc that is their prized pubil from the Titans.

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2009, 09:11 PM

You dont like the two QBs, you dont like Rey. I think you just dont like these guys cause Mecca does.

Mecca
03-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Aaron Mayin ew....

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 09:18 PM
This is such a hyperbole just like most of the people on here shitting on the #1 player in the draft. It's to be expected though.

I didn't say I was hell bent on wanting Maualuga either!

"Okay everyone, Doomy has spoken, so let's chisel the Word Of Doomy on the stone tablets and take them down the hill to the ignorant masses, m'kay"?

Who the hell made YOU the judge over which prospect in this draft is #1?!
Who the fuck do you think you are?!

doomy3
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I didn't say I was hell bent on wanting Maualuga either!

"Okay everyone, Doomy has spoken, so let's chisel the Word Of Doomy on the stone tablets and take them down the hill to the ignorant masses, m'kay"?

Who the hell made YOU the judge over which prospect in this draft is #1?!
Who the **** do you think you are?!

LMAO

It is pretty universal that Curry is the #1 player in the draft. Not by me, but by most people who do this for a living. Positional value aside, he is an extremely rare prospect. You're right, I certainly wouldn't have any sort of authority on this subject, but to say Brandon Flowers tackles better than Curry is hilarious.

Mecca
03-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Rare like how...I'd like to see someone realistically argue how he's a better prospect than either LB from last years draft.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 09:27 PM
You dont like the two QBs, you dont like Rey. I think you just dont like these guys cause Mecca does.

Uh, yeah that's it. :spock:

Maybe you missed my post that also had several guys on it that Mecca also likes? I just don't like Rey much at all. I think he will end up being a 2 down LB. Why didn't you say this same thing to DeezNutz? I realize he is in your "group" most of the time, but he has said several times that he's not crazy about Rey and that Stafford is a boom or bust type of prospect, which is basically exactly what I have always said. I have also always said that I would take Stafford without question at 3, although I wouldn't now that we traded for Cassel. Sanchez, I just think there is too much history against him to spend the number 3 pick on a guy with such little experience. You might notice that I listed him as a guy I would take 10-15 though. But, keep spinning.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 09:29 PM
LMAO

It is pretty universal that Curry is the #1 player in the draft.Not by me, but by most people who do this for a living. Positional value aside, he is an extremely rare prospect. You're right, I certainly wouldn't have any sort of authority on this subject, but to say Brandon Flowers tackles better than Curry is hilarious.

In a way you're right. But unfortunately, we need defenders that can tackle more than feet and the turf they're attached to.

:shrug:

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 09:31 PM

Maybe you missed my post that also had several guys on it that Mecca also likes? I just don't like Rey much at all. I think he will end up being a 2 down LB. Why didn't you say this same thing to DeezNutz? I realize he is in your "group" most of the time, but he has said several times that he's not crazy about Rey and that Stafford is a boom or bust type of prospect, which is basically exactly what I have always said. I have also always said that I would take Stafford without question at 3, although I wouldn't now that we traded for Cassel. Sanchez, I just think there is too much history against him to spend the number 3 pick on a guy with such little experience. You might notice that I listed him as a guy I would take 10-15 though. But, keep spinning.

Because everyone knows Mecca and I have been at war since he started spreading the rumor that I yank it to purple-haired furries.

It's board legend. The Great Furry Debacle of '07.

Fuck Mecca.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Because everyone knows Mecca and I have been at war since he started spreading the rumor that I yank it to purple-haired furries.

It's board legend. The Great Furry Debacle of '07.

**** Mecca.

It is easy to get Mecca and ChiefsCountry confused...

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 09:33 PM
It is easy to get Mecca and ChiefsCountry confused...

No. CC said it must be b/c you don't like Mecca.

Your response was, "Why didn't you say this to DeezNutz..."

Thus my explanation.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 09:37 PM

"and that Stafford is a boom or bust type of prospect, which is basically exactly what I have always said".

I have also always said that I would take Stafford without question at 3.

Were are you going, son? Can we get a map of this amusement park you're running?

doomy3
03-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Were are you going, son? Can we get a map of this amusement park you're running?

What's your question?

It's really not that hard to understand.

Stafford is a huge boom or bust type of prospect IMO. He has a ridiculously high ceiling, but IMO is 50/50 to ever be anything in the NFL. I think the upside is high enough though that I would take him at #3 no question. Search my posts, and this is what I've said all along.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
No. CC said it must be b/c you don't like Mecca.

Your response was, "Why didn't you say this to DeezNutz..."

Thus my explanation.

Oh, gotcha.

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
What's your question?

Stafford is a huge boom or bust type of prospect IMO. He has a ridiculously high ceiling, but IMO is 50/50 to ever be anything in the NFL. I think the upside is high enough though that I would take him at #3 no question. Search my posts, and this is what I've said all along.

I'll vouch.

doomy hasn't been crazy about Sanchez, but he's been consistent with his position on Stafford.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 10:12 PM
What's your question?

I'll vouch.

doomy hasn't been crazy about Sanchez, but he's been consistent with his position on Stafford.

Bottom line is, if we're going to acquire either of those guys, we still need a starter.

Keep Matt, Spend the 3rd and be BRAVE for god's sake. For once in Chiefs History?
Is one time too much to ask?

How many mid round picks do we need to stockpile? I would hope that Scott, Todd, Chan, and "Clancy"( good God )have watched enough tape and determined that we have more existing, workable talent than not.

Ugh. More Football, less off season.

chiefzilla1501
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Aaron Mayin ew....

Maybin has potential to be a terrific 3-4 edge rusher, especially if he adds just a little more bulk. And unlike Gholston, he actually has the work ethic.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Never seen THIS before:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfw8acB7TVk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfw8acB7TVk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chiefzilla1501
03-19-2009, 10:29 PM

I think Rey is a real good pick for the Chiefs because he'd fit a real good role as a 3-4 run-stuffer. Remember Kendrell Bell, the OLB too moronic to play in a 4-3 but an outstanding ILB in a 3-4? That's what I think is in store for Maualuga.

Problem is, he would be a reach for them unless they took him in the top 15. There are other guys I like much better including Raji, Crabtree, Maclin, Maybin, and Everett Brown.

T-post Tom
03-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Never seen THIS before:

Have you seen THIS before?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/APjDr1kS_9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/APjDr1kS_9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
03-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Maybin has potential to be a terrific 3-4 edge rusher, especially if he adds just a little more bulk. And unlike Gholston, he actually has the work ethic.

Other than he has 1 move and it's to run around the blocker and when he gained weight his speed took a huge hit.

wild1
03-20-2009, 05:45 AM
i wouldn't mind if we picked Curry but the Lions picking him is the best thing that could happen. if one or both QBs were available at 3 we could auction that pick