PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cutler to Redskins in three-way deal? Cassel to Denver?

Pages : [1] 2

ziggysocki
03-19-2009, 07:41 AM
:deevee:

Cutler to Redskins in three-way deal? Cassel to Denver?

Per yahoo sports:

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported the Washington Redskins are trying to land unhappy quarterback Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos. According to the report, the rumored deal would also include the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to the report, Cutler would end up in Washington, Matt Cassel in Denver and Jason Campbell in Kansas City.

According to The Inquirer, the 'Skins are denying they have any intention of dumping Campbell, which shows they were paying attention when the Broncos got themselves into this mess to begin with. New coach Josh McDaniels, formerly QB coach and offensive coordinator for the Patriots, actively tried to trade Cutler for Cassel last month, didn't succeed, then lied about it.

Source: Philly.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cutler-to-Redskins-in-three-way-deal-Cassel-to-?urn=nfl,149110

ziggysocki
03-19-2009, 07:42 AM
hahaha yeah right!!! Yahoo sports, philly.com and the Philadelphia Inquirer must all get their info from Nick Athan!!!!111!11!!! LOL

Codered
03-19-2009, 07:45 AM
It makes no sense from a Chiefs stand point unless Pioli saw an opportunity when dealing for Cassel to either have a potential long term solution -or- cash him in for more chips to the puzzle. Still seems far fetched to me.

talastan
03-19-2009, 07:46 AM
If any of this has any basis in fact, Pioli better be taking the farm and the farmer's wife as far as draft picks go. No reason to help out a division rival unless it is really worth it. Denver's first and Washington's first will suffice. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Right. Let's take a 1 year wonder and trade him for a never was. Dumbshits.

King_Chief_Fan
03-19-2009, 07:47 AM
No way Campbell to Chiefs. I would rather let Thigpen be the QB.

DaKCMan AP
03-19-2009, 07:49 AM
If any of this has any basis in fact, Pioli better be taking the farm and the farmer's wife as far as draft picks go. No reason to help out a division rival unless it is really worth it. Denver's first and Washington's first will suffice. :D

How is it helping out a division rival? At this point, Cassel isn't really an upgrade.

HypnotizedMonkey
03-19-2009, 07:49 AM
hopefully this is just conjecture because it's quite possibly the dumbest thing i've heard all day.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2009, 07:51 AM
hopefully this is just conjecture because it's quite possibly the dumbest thing i've heard all day.

All day? This is the dumbest trade rumor I've heard in a long, long time.

BigRedChief
03-19-2009, 07:52 AM
ROFL Jason Campbell over Cassel?

DaFace
03-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Pretty sure the Chiefs' involvement in this has already been proven to be pure speculation. And repost.
Posted via Mobile Device

talastan
03-19-2009, 07:53 AM
How is it helping out a division rival? At this point, Cassel isn't really an upgrade.

While I agree Cassel isn't the QB that Crybaby C**tler is, the fact that Denver is in turmoil because McDaniel sees something in Cassel that he likes makes me leary of giving him over to the donkeys

Molitoth
03-19-2009, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't want Jason Campbell, but I would take the Skins first round pick.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2009, 07:55 AM
While I agree Cassel isn't the QB that Crybaby C**tler is, the fact that Denver is in turmoil because McDaniel sees something in Cassel that he likes makes me leary of giving him over to the donkeys

Don't be. McBoy just wants a comfort level in his new gig and knows what Cassel can do in his system. If he really thinks that Cassel is a better QB than Cutler, well, I wouldn't worry at all. The Broncos will be irrelevant for the next 2-3 years until Bowlen fires his ass.

King_Chief_Fan
03-19-2009, 07:55 AM

:clap:yes

Skip Towne
03-19-2009, 07:56 AM
I wouldn't do anything to help the Donx out. They have a major problem. Let them deal with it.

talastan
03-19-2009, 07:59 AM
No one really knows what is going on but:
1) with the smoke of this rumor flying around
2) The fact we haven't worked out a contract w/ Cassel
3) We haven't even scheduled a team workout w/ ANY of the top draft prospects

All makes me wonder if we are planning on trading out of #3 for more picks. :hmmm:
Not that this rumor would be the way it would happen, but I think with the possiblity of this, or trading Waters, Gonzo, or LJ; we are going to be looking at a VERY interesting draft day. I believe that Pioli is keeping ALL options open. :thumb:

That said Jason Campbell is the equivalent of Wobble Launcher as far as I'm concerned and would rather have Thiggy or Brokie start instead of him.

rad
03-19-2009, 08:02 AM

Never go full retard

Seriously.

HypnotizedMonkey
03-19-2009, 08:03 AM

The fumes from the Glue Factory at Mile High must be traveling. The pot is boiling over there and I LOVE IT!!! No way should Pioli let the donks get out of this mess.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Never go full retard

Seriously.

Seriously?

How about we take a look in the mirror...

rad
03-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Seriously?

I wasn't talking to you....

(who the f are you?..)

BigRock
I wouldn't want Jason Campbell, but I would take the Skins first round pick.

And Denver's. In the ESPN report, they were going to send #12 to the Pats for Cassel. Cough it up, suckers.

3, 12, and 13 and we can use Campbell to run the Chiefs draft cards up to the commish.

HypnotizedMonkey
Seriously?

He charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping pong tournament... that's not retarded.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 08:09 AM
It makes no sense from a Chiefs stand point unless Pioli saw an opportunity when dealing for Cassel to either have a potential long term solution -or- cash him in for more chips to the puzzle. Still seems far fetched to me.

Maybe they are seeing an opportunity to obtain another 1-2 first round picks?

They might pull off something crazy and we end up with Curry and MS or MS...

Hell who knows, but if they obtain Scott Mitchell v2.0 for a second and can turn him around for 2 firsts and another player. That would be pure genious if you ask me...

alpha_omega
No way!

talastan
And Denver's. In the ESPN report, they were going to send #12 to the Pats for Cassel. Cough it up, suckers.

3, 12, and 13 and we can use Campbell to run the Chiefs draft cards up to the commish.

Jason Campbell, draft ballot courier FTW!!! !!!!111!! ;)

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 08:10 AM
He charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping pong tournament... that's not retarded.

I stand corrected my little spanking monkey friend... :clap:

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 08:11 AM

Dude with that kind of power we could get whom we wanted and what we wanted in this years draft...

We could probably get a true QBoTF, a non pass rushing OLB AND a DE....

Could be the draft that cements the foundation for many years...

Ah one can only dream.....

rad
03-19-2009, 08:14 AM

Hell who knows, but if they obtain Scott Mitchell v2.0 for a second and can turn him around for 2 firsts and another player. That would be pure genious if you ask me...

You ARE dreaming if you think that would actually happen though, all NAMBLA love affairs aside. They (McD, X) would be fired on the spot if they tried it, (I would hope)

El Jefe
Cassel is vastly superior to Campbell IMO, Campbell is my least favorite of those three by far.

Codered
I still think it's Washington looking to find ways to get Cutler and nothing but speculation from that stand point. How odd would it be to trade for Cassel only to move him to Denver unless they were able to score some golden package. Just seems like something you hear about in your fantasy football league and not the NFL!

talastan
03-19-2009, 08:15 AM

While I don't think we'll be able to pull off getting both Curry or one of the QB's I think one of the QB's and Ray or one of the DE's would be possible. Disclaimer: Again IF any of this is rooted in fact.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 08:16 AM
You ARE dreaming if you think that would actually happen though, all NAMBLA love affairs aside. They (McD, X) would be fired on the spot if they tried it, (I would hope)

See the last sentence in post #28.:thumb:

Blindside58
03-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Maybe TG to the skins for Cooley and draft picks somehow??? (Side note-I personally want to keep Tony)

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 08:18 AM
While I don't think we'll be able to pull off getting both Curry or one of the QB's I think one of the QB's and Ray or one of the DE's would be possible. Disclaimer: Again IF any of this is rooted in fact.

Still, if they move SM v2.0 and pull off 1-2 more 1st round picks, how could you not be thrilled about that move?

HypnotizedMonkey
03-19-2009, 08:18 AM
I still looking for golden package.

:D

rad
03-19-2009, 08:19 AM
See the last sentence in post #28.:thumb:

See the capitalization of "are" in my post?

I was agreeing with your last sentence.

:thumb:

Rooster
03-19-2009, 08:24 AM

ROFLROFL I like this idea.

DaKCMan AP
03-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Never go full retard

Seriously.

Uh, Cutler had more yards, more TDs, a similar completion % despite 100 more attempts and MUCH less sacks. Oh yeah, he was in the Pro Bowl too.

But Cassel is an upgrade. :stupid:

Mr. Kotter
03-19-2009, 08:31 AM
No way....

LMAO

kcsam07
03-19-2009, 08:33 AM
guys 3 points

1.imo no way we trade cassell after we just got him

2.no way we trade cassell if all were getting back is a terribble jason campbell

3.no way ever we ever help the broncos not gonna happen!!!

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 08:34 AM

Looking at Mr Sweet Hair Kiper's draft this am, It looks possible that the Chiefs could get a non impact OLB at the #3 and MS at #12....

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 08:37 AM
guys 3 points

1.imo no way we trade cassell after we just got him

2.no way we trade cassell if all were getting back is a terribble jason campbell

3.no way ever we ever help the broncos not gonna happen!!!

The Broncos are in about the same state as the Chiefs were when Herm arrived to "fix" the defense... They are sinking fast and fleecing them for Cassel isnt going to right that ship.....

Give them SM v2.0 and in 3 years he and McDaniels wont be in Denver anymore...

bigdreams1
03-19-2009, 08:45 AM
If Pioli could take our 2nd rounder and turn it into #12 & #13 picks + Campbell he would be a genious. Campbell in my opinion is not that bad of a QB. He's still young and has had Santana to throw to and thats about it. I'd draft Sanchez with #3 and let him develop for a year. Than I'd grab Maulauga with 12 and Oher with 13. I would hope this is the case. I think if you plug Campbell into the Patriots system last year he would have performed just as well as Cassell. I'm all for this pipe dream!!

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Campbell is a free agent at the end of the year, it would be a nice one year bridge for a drafted QB.

rad
03-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Uh, Cutler had more yards, more TDs, a similar completion % despite 100 more attempts and MUCH less sacks. Oh yeah, he was in the Pro Bowl too.

Wasn't disagreeing. Just randomly fucking with you.

Who in their right mind would think Cassel is an upgrade over Cutler? As far as physical tools go, it's a no-brainer, but I question Cutler's mental stability and commitment.

RINGLEADER
03-19-2009, 08:56 AM
This does rank quite high on the stupid meter.

But I love the idea of trading the #3 for all of the Redskins picks so that they can ship it to Denver for Cutler.

That would be great.

Scorp
If Pioli could take our 2nd rounder and turn it into #12 & #13 picks + Campbell he would be a genious. Campbell in my opinion is not that bad of a QB. He's still young and has had Santana to throw to and thats about it. I'd draft Sanchez with #3 and let him develop for a year. Than I'd grab Maulauga with 12 and Oher with 13. I would hope this is the case. I think if you plug Campbell into the Patriots system last year he would have performed just as well as Cassell. I'm all for this pipe dream!!

We don't have a 2nd round pick anymore, we traded it to New England for Cassel and Vrabel.

RedThat

Cutler is more talented then Cassel, but I bet Cassel has a better attitude.

Codered
03-19-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm a bit confused with some of these posts ... So Denver is going to trade their first rounder and Cutler to get Cassel now? O.o

KChiefs1
:deevee:

Per yahoo sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cutler-to-Redskins-in-three-way-deal-Cassel-to-?urn=nfl,149110

The Chiefs end up with Campbell?????

Pioli better make sure we get both Denver & Washington's first round picks then....

Coogs
I'll play along, as this sort of thing kind of intregues me. If I were the Chiefs in this scenario, I would leave Campbell out of the equation. Let Denver and Washington create whatever scenario they want for Cutler. Then if the Broncos want Cassel, then picks #12 and #48 would have to come into play at the very least. (#12 and #13 both seem a little out of the question to me)

#3, #12, and #48 in the first two rounds wouldn't be bad at all IMO. And basically in the same spot we were a month ago in regards to QB, but better draft picks and Vrabel.

DaKCMan AP
03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Wasn't disagreeing. Just randomly ****ing with you.

Who in their right mind would think Cassel is an upgrade over Cutler? As far as physical tools go, it's a no-brainer, but I question Cutler's mental stability and commitment.

Ok. I was worried you were going full retard. ;)

DaKCMan AP
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM

So what you're saying is Cassel is the guy you want to lead a song of kumbaya?

RedThat
03-19-2009, 09:03 AM
This has to be pure speculation.

Why would we trade a quarterback we just acquired?

A guy whom Pioli has praised many times. And the funny part of this is, they have Cassel rumoured to go to Denver? Is this realistically possible to even think that we the Chiefs are gonna trade our quarterback we've acquired to our divisional rival? Oh yeah and Im sure Pioli is gonna want Jason Campbell as a result of all this...Just dumb.

Tipford
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Instead of helping the donkeys, I say help ourselves to another first rounder. I still like the idea of trying to trade Ken Dorsey to a team like Tennessee, straight across for their 1st rounder. This scenario makes alot more sense than this convoluted rumor I'm reading. If we are truly making the transition to the 3-4 defence, Dorsey in my opinion, becomes a player without a position. He is too light to play nose tackle, and the idea of making him a defensive end, well throw that idea out the window. He is a defensive tackle, ideal for the 4-3 defence, plain and simple. I say trade him to Tennessee for their 1st rounder to replace Haynesworth. Then turn that pick into Raji, the big defensive tackle from Boston College, if he's still on the boards. This makes a whole lot more sense to me.

RedThat
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
So what you're saying is Cassel is the guy you want to lead a song of kumbaya?

What Im saying is, I'll take a player with a good attitude and good work ethic over a guy who is talented with a not so good attitude.

BigCatDaddy
03-19-2009, 09:06 AM

I don't know. If you are limiting "talent" to the ability to throw the ball 100MPH then sure Cutler has more talent. Ir you are including ability to read a defense, ability to throw with accuracy, ability to avoid a rush, and ability to manage a game as "talent" then this could be debatable.

Scorp
03-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Instead of helping the donkeys, I say help ourselves to another first rounder. I still like the idea of trying to trade Ken Dorsey to a team like Tennessee, straight across for their 1st rounder. .

Who the f*ck is Ken Dorsey?

CaliforniaChief
03-19-2009, 09:08 AM
This has to be pure speculation.

Why would we trade a quarterback we just acquired?

A guy whom Pioli has praised many times. And the funny part of this is, they have Cassel rumoured to go to Denver? Is this realistically possible to even think that we the Chiefs are gonna trade our quarterback we've acquired to our divisional rival? Oh yeah and Im sure Pioli is gonna want Jason Campbell as a result of all this...Just dumb.

I'm sure it is speculation but there are a few things that add credence to it. First, why would Pioli heap praise on a guy he was about to launch into a long-term contract discussion with? I would think going into negotiations you would want to downplay his abilities.

If we were able to land a load of draft picks to pick up a future QB and bring in Campbell for one year to bridge the gap/compete with Thigpen, I'm all for it. Someone else said it...it looks like pure rumor. BUT, there's no long-term contract, no jersey number, and a need to acquire more talent. A LOT of talent.

Goapics1
03-19-2009, 09:12 AM
And repost.
Posted via Mobile Device

X20

Coogs
03-19-2009, 09:12 AM

He is a back up QB for the Browns. If we could somehow convince the Browns to send him to the Titans, and we wind up with the Titans 1st round pick, then I would probably pull the trigger on that deal. ;)

Coogs
03-19-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm sure it is speculation but there are a few things that add credence to it. First, why would Pioli heap praise on a guy he was about to launch into a long-term contract discussion with? I would think going into negotiations you would want to downplay his abilities.

If we were able to land a load of draft picks to pick up a future QB and bring in Campbell for one year to bridge the gap/compete with Thigpen, I'm all for it. Someone else said it...it looks like pure rumor. BUT, there's no long-term contract, no jersey number, and a need to acquire more talent. A LOT of talent.

I'd rather have another draft pick than Campbell. Let Stafford or Sanchez compete with Thigpen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 09:14 AM

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Oh how DCS is loving THIS thread! This thread is the Jolly Green Motherfucking Giant of potential Kool-Aid Brain Trust meltdown.

Yo' Ree, where dat' contract be?! ROFL

I would laugh. I would laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh until I required reconstructive surgery to wipe the fucking smile off of my face.
Miles and miles, thread after endless thread of Kool Aid Brain Trust abuse, all the way to the Super Bowl.

Lord Pioli; make it happen!

RedThat
03-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I don't know. If you are limiting "talent" to the ability to throw the ball 100MPH then sure Cutler has more talent. Ir you are including ability to read a defense, ability to throw with accuracy, ability to avoid a rush, and ability to manage a game as "talent" then this could be debatable.

I get what you're saying there is more to QB then just his arm strength. I think Cutler has a better arm then Cassel, and I think he could do all those things you've mentioned just as good as Cassel...But my point is, I just like the fact that Cassel came from a winning organization whom Pioli is familiar with and was a part of, and he was backing up a hall of fame QB, to go along with working with a good coaching staff, that equates to a lot. And I think where he is today his progress is in large part to do with all those things.

Attitude and great work ethic plays a big role in the Patriots organization. More so, then Denver. I mean, it is a reflection of a lot of the players down there and who they are and how they fit into what they do. And I don't think Cassel is any different.

L.A. Chieffan
03-19-2009, 09:29 AM
okay gang, unconfirmed reports have cassel going to denver, cutler going to DC, and the Chiefs receiving every #1 pick in 2011. mecca and hamas jizzz in their pants and scream STOP SOUNDING SO FUCKING SAD into payphones while listening to Walking on Sunshine on their CD walkmans

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
We don't have a 2nd round pick anymore, we traded it to New England for Cassel and Vrabel.

:LOL:
WOW! Never go full ............ oh nevermind...

RedThat
03-19-2009, 09:35 AM

First off, I think Pioli's plan is to sign low profile/key free agents who are going to serve this team as role players. Notice a lot of the players weve signed are nothing more then depth and special teams guys. Which is still ok.

He does believe building his team through the draft. I recall him saying that in his press conference when he got hired. And that's where imo you're going to see some moves. I wouldn't be surprised if he trades down, the Patriots traded down alot to get more picks. He doesn't trade down, unless he is somehow sold on Curry, or someother player at #3? I just think the draft is going to be used as a dependant source for the Chiefs in finding their starters there.

Anyways, I know Im rambling so please excuse me for it, by my point is, if he feels he's acquired his QB, and wants to get more draft picks then why trade your quarterback you've just acquired to get more draft picks? When you can just trade down anyway and possibly get yourself some multiple picks this year and possibly picks for next year too. I would think rebuilding this team is gonna be a long term solution anyway, and I think Cassel is going to be a part of it.

*I also think it doesn't make any sense to trade Cassel when it is clear he is a part of what you're trying to build, he is the guy that is familiar with the system Pioli wants to incorparate here. Remember Pioli said, "finding players that fit, know and understand schemes is just as important as talent level." You acquire Cassel for that purpose too. When you draft a rookie QB, or acquire a QB from another team who is not familiar with the system, it defeats his purpose on what he is trying to do.

bigdreams1
03-19-2009, 09:38 AM

Thats what I said...take our 2nd (CASSELL) and turn it into the 12 and 13 plus campbell.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 09:38 AM
okay gang, unconfirmed reports have cassel going to denver, cutler going to DC, and the Chiefs receiving every #1 pick in 2011. mecca and hamas jizzz in their pants and scream STOP SOUNDING SO ****ING SAD into payphones while listening to Walking on Sunshine on their CD walkmans

While you true fans are jumping off bulidings everywhere, crying that their safe game QB would be leaving...

Where is the humanity in all of this?

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
First off, I think Pioli's plan is to sign low profile/key free agents who are going to serve this team as role players. Notice a lot of the players weve signed are nothing more then depth and special teams guys. Which is still ok.

He does believe building his team through the draft. I recall him saying that in his press conference when he got hired. And that's where imo you're going to see some moves. I wouldn't be surprised if he trades down, the Patriots traded down alot to get more picks. He doesn't trade down, unless he is somehow sold on Curry, or someother player at #3? I just think the draft is going to be used as a dependant source for the Chiefs in finding their starters there.

Anyways, I know Im rambling so please excuse me for it, by my point is, if he feels he's acquired his QB, and wants to get more draft picks then why trade your quarterback you've just acquired to get more draft picks? When you can just trade down anyway and possibly get yourself some multiple picks this year and possibly picks for next year too. I would think rebuilding this team is gonna be a long term solution anyway, and I think Cassel is going to be a part of it.

*I also think it doesn't make any sense to trade Cassel when it is clear he is a part of what you're trying to build, he is the guy that is familiar with the system Pioli wants to incorparate here. Remember Pioli said, "finding players that fit, know and understand schemes is just as important as talent level." You acquire Cassel for that purpose too. When you draft a rookie QB, or acquire a QB from another team who is not familiar with the system, it defeats his purpose on what he is trying to do.

Well to add to your speculation, "What if" he feels that trading Cassel for multiple picks is what he thinks is the right thing to do? "What if" he wants to get a QBoTF/Franchise QB and knows that he can deal SM v2.0 for multiple picks to kick start his new franchise?

Taking a 7th round 1 year wonder nobody, trading a 2nd for him, then dealing him for 2 1st's? That is pure awesomeness if you ask me...

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Wow, Reerun really has gone full MeccTard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Well to add to your speculation, "What if" he feels that trading Cassel for multiple picks is what he thinks is the right thing to do? "What if" he wants to get a QBoTF/Franchise QB and knows that he can deal SM v2.0 for multiple picks to kick start his new franchise?

Taking a 7th round 1 year wonder nobody, trading a 2nd for him, then dealing him for 2 1st's? That is pure awesomeness if you ask me...

Yo' Ree; where dat' Contract be?! ROFL :LOL:

DAY 19.

joemama
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Colt Brennan > Jason Campbell

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM

The QB of the 2001 National Champion Miami Hurricanes! ROFL

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM

It's also pure fantasy if you ask me. :p

Reerun_KC
Wow, Reerun really has gone full MeccTard.

Everyone is so sure that they know exactly what is happening, I thought I would add some speculation to the speculation that people are assuming is complete fact...

Crazy huh....

Reerun_KC
It's also pure fantasy if you ask me. :p

Agreed, just like pure fantasy that Cassel is going to lead this team to the superbowl..

I guess us fans can only dream right?

DJJasonp
03-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I'll join the madness (retardedness?) here:

Isnt Portis unhappy in Washington???

So:
Denver sends Cutler and 1st rounder to washington
Washington sends Portis to Denver
Washinton sends their 1st rounder and Denver's first rounder to KC
KC sends Cassel to Denver
KC sends LJ to Washington

Pioli turns a second rounder into:
Vrabel and 2 first rounders

Pioli uses the jedi mind trick on the rest of the league's GM.

PhillyChiefFan
03-19-2009, 09:49 AM

THIS.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 09:51 AM

So:

There can be only one! Oh wait wrong movie!

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Agreed, just like pure fantasy that Cassel is going to lead this team to the superbowl..

I guess us fans can only dream right?

Cassel leading us to the Super Bowl isn't fantasy. It's unlikely, but it's certainly possible. Unlike some of the scenarios being thrown around with this 3-way trade.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Everyone is so sure that they know exactly what is happening, I thought I would add some speculation to the speculation that people are assuming is complete fact...

Crazy huh....
But You aren't putting it out there as speculation or just playing Devil's advocate. For instance, calling Cassel names and assuming that he is going to be a 1-year wonder. It's the silly little games all the people are playing that had their hearts set on Stafford/Sanchez at #3. They are so irrationally angry about not drafting a QB at #3 that they are trashing any other possible draftee just out of spite. Petty and Tardish.

L.A. Chieffan
03-19-2009, 09:59 AM
While you true fans are jumping off bulidings everywhere, crying that their safe game QB would be leaving...

Where is the humanity in all of this?

whats a matter rerun? no shiatsu this morning?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 10:00 AM

So:

There can be only one! Oh wait wrong movie!

Oh My! Yes, that menu looks MOST delicious! :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 10:04 AM
But You aren't putting it out there as speculation or just playing Devil's advocate. For instance, calling Cassel names and assuming that he is going to be a 1-year wonder. It's the silly little games all the people are playing that had their hearts set on Stafford/Sanchez at #3. They are so irrationally angry about not drafting a QB at #3 that they are trashing any other possible draftee just out of spite. Petty and Tardish.

I'm sorry Crablouse, I had forgotten that the 2009 Draft has already come and gone. What was I thinking?

Pioli isn't as smart as the Chiefs Planet Kool Aid Brain Trust, so why would he want to broker a deal like the one laid out by DJJasonsoup?
Oh yeah; to keep the Trust happy and salivating. What was I thinking?

And since Cassel has already signed a long-term contract with K...oops.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 10:07 AM

So:

I think you just used a jedi mind trick on me. My brain hurts after reading that trade.

and i like it!!! :)

RedThat
03-19-2009, 10:08 AM

You have to think real, and apply logic here. What makes the most sense?

Why would a team give up 2 1sts for Cassel? Knowing that the Chiefs only gave up a 2nd for him.

You really think thats gonna happen or are you just dreaming? It just doesn't make any sense. You've just acquired a QB whom you feel is going to be an intergral part of your future, whom your familiar with and knows what you're trying to do. It's all part of the plan with what Pioli is trying to do.

You've already got a kick start in Cassel, and like I said, you draft a rookie QB, or trade for one who is not familiar with the system the plan of "finding players who fit know and understand schemes is out the window." And now you have to start from chicken scratch all over again. why Pioli want to put himself and this organization in that position? It just doesn't make any sense?

I think really it's important that some of you really pay attention to his press conferences in what he says and how it relate to what he doing, because I get the impression that some of you are caught up in fantasy football trades on what you desire to see happen. Sometimes those type of things just don't work that way in the NFL.

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm sorry Crablouse, I had forgotten that the 2009 Draft has already come and gone. What was I thinking?

Pioli isn't as smart as the Chiefs Planet Kool Aid Brain Trust, so why would he want to broker a deal like the one laid out by DJJasonsoup?
Oh yeah; to keep the Trust happy and salivating. What was I thinking?

And since Cassel has already signed a long-term contract with K...oops.

You have to admit that while it's still POSSIBLE we could draft a QB at #3, trading for Cassel certainly greatly diminishes the chance.

FringeNC
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Jason Campbell sucks.

bobbything
03-19-2009, 10:27 AM

So:

My head hurts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
You have to admit that while it's still POSSIBLE we could draft a QB at #3, trading for Cassel certainly greatly diminishes the chance.

If Croyle and Martin get the ass-boot, you could safely argue that a late-rounder would be the minimum.

That said, the kind of deal outlined by DJJ would make that #3 a no-brainer if you're building for the future.
This draft is potentially going to be the most interesting in franchise history.

And for the love of God; PLEASE let the Lions take Curry. Not...Im...pressed.

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Jason Campbell? Puke. I'd rather have Huard...

RedThat
03-19-2009, 10:33 AM

It does. I think it's still a possibilty this team drafts a QB, but I don't see it anywhere until mid to later rounds. And I only think the purpose would be to address depth at the QB position. Unless they're sold on Croyle or Martin?

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 10:44 AM
While this whole trade seems very unlikely it would be amazing. What would be even better is if the lions approached us about a trade like this since they wanted to with the Pats. They have the draft picks for both the donks and us, to get something like this done. Plus if Det. makes this trade that means they take LT at 1 and gives us our choice of Matthew and Sanchez.

KC: Get #12, 33, 82
Donks: Get Cassel, #20
Det: Get Cutler, LJ

CaliforniaChief
03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Flip that Cassel

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I'm sure we're hot and bothered to land Jason f*cking Campbell.

I didn't realize High Times bought the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Flip that Cassel

Awesomeness!

ROFL

Jerm
03-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Agreed.

Yeah it makes a lot of sense for the Chiefs to trade a 2nd round pick for Cassel and then turn around and trade him straight up basically for Jason friggin' Campbell.

What a joke. ROFL

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Agreed.

Yeah it makes a lot of sense for the Chiefs to trade a 2nd round pick for Cassel and then turn around and trade him straight up basically for Jason friggin' Campbell.

What a joke. ROFL

Where did they say it was a straight up trade?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I'm sure we're hot and bothered to land Jason f*cking Campbell.

I didn't realize High Times bought the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Can you say "Camp Fodder" boys and girls? I wouldn't trade Cassel for Campbell unless we we're flipping him right out the door post-haste.

Now the two number 1's scenario, I'd jump on that like a motherfucker.

Jerm
03-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Where did they say it was a straight up trade?

In the initial rumor, it says....

According to the report, Cutler would end up in Washington, Matt Cassel in Denver and Jason Campbell in Kansas City.

Is that not straight up?

It's a stupid rumor...because if for nothing else, there is no way Pioli helps bail out Denver.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I doubt Pioli wants Campbell, maybe for multiple draft picks but not Campbell.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I doubt Pioli wants Campbell, maybe for multiple draft picks but not Campbell.

The picks would be great, then you could trade Campbell during camp....

Who knows what is going on, guess we just have to wait and see...

Chiefnj2
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
What's going on is that there is too much downtime between the combine and the draft so you have these idiotic rumors being hatched. What's going on is that Cassel is going to be KC's starting QB in 2009.

Easy 6
03-19-2009, 11:23 AM

ROFL

Chief Roundup
03-19-2009, 11:24 AM
People need to stop making shit up

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
What's going on is that there is too much downtime between the combine and the draft so you have these idiotic rumors being hatched. What's going on is that Cassel is going to be KC's starting QB in 2009.

:huh:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 11:30 AM

I'm not "sad" about a damned thing. I am going to immensely enjoy watching the CPKA Brian-Trust eat a jumbo shit sandwich on draft day.

Chiefnj2
03-19-2009, 11:32 AM

Why can't Chief fans be happy for a little while? Everyone wanted Carl and Herm gone and everyone got their wish. The team hired a competent GM. He may not have been everyone's #1 choice, but you can't deny he was a top candidate. Give the guy some time to build a team the way he sees fit. If you disagree with a move, say it and move on. Harping on it for weeks/months? What's the point?

rad
03-19-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm not "sad" about a damned thing. I am going to immensely enjoy watching the CPKA Brian-Trust eat a jumbo shit sandwich on draft day.

Why would that happen? And what is the CP Koolaid braintrust?

I missed that one. Seems everyday you've got some kind of new name for someone. Or something.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Why can't Chief fans be happy for a little while? Everyone wanted Carl and Herm gone and everyone got their wish. The team hired a competent GM. He may not have been everyone's #1 choice, but you can't deny he was a top candidate. Give the guy some time to build a team the way he sees fit. If you disagree with a move, say it and move on. Harping on it for weeks/months? What's the point?

Were Chiefs fans, its what we do...

And we cant be happy, we havent been relivant for over 20 years...

rad
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM

Yes.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Why would that happen? And what is the CP Koolaid braintrust?

I missed that one. Seems everyday you've got some kind of new name for someone. Or something.

I think that is the folks that see a high risk and a high reward and try to avoid it at all cost...

Its those that arent willing to take a chance to build a championship team in fear that they might fail. So they stick with what makes them feel good even though it never produces...

alanm
03-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Does this rumor have any validity behind it or is just fluff speculation from yahoo?

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I think that is the folks that see a high risk and a high reward and try to avoid it at all cost...

Its those that arent willing to take a chance to build a championship team in fear that they might fail. So they stick with what makes them feel good even though it never produces...

Sooooooo why not just stick with the true fan brand? If you water down the market with knockoffs it's just going to dilute the demand for everyone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM

Bingo.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Sooooooo why not just stick with the true fan brand? If you water down the market with knockoffs it's just going to dilute the demand for everyone.

That is what I am asking.... Why are all these people here and not at WPI or something?

vailpass
03-19-2009, 11:43 AM
There are some downright hilarious scenarios in this thread.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM

Very....

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM

I happen to like my Det. scenario.

EyePod
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM

I would too! Thigpen has the same ability and is a lot fucking cheaper and younger.

Campbell's salary for 09: $2.858 million

Thigpen's salary for 09:$460,000

rad
03-19-2009, 11:46 AM

Is drafting a QB in the first the epitome of "taking a chance"?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 11:49 AM

True Fan is a sub-genre of the CPKA Brain Trust. The True Fan comprises the dissemination of false or bad information founded upon a greater lack of football knowledge overall.

The True Fan is the apathetic sort that likes to win, but does not necessarily understand or covet the steps necessary to correctly and patiently build a consistently winning franchise.

The Brain Trust understands these concepts, but rebel against them like the mythical Lucifer before he allegedly got the ass-boot to earth.
They stand in the presence of a perfect and divine light, shooting snot-rockets out of their noses.

Or something to that effect.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Is drafting a QB in the first the epitome of "taking a chance"?

No actually it is drafting an OLB and praying to Allah that he can rush the passer...

TRR
03-19-2009, 11:57 AM
This would be the dumbest thing KC could do. IMO, Cassel could solidify the QB siuation for the next 8 years if we are lucky.

Posted via Mobile Device

rad
03-19-2009, 11:57 AM
No actually it is drafting an OLB and praying to Allah that he can rush the passer...

So you want to draft Curry?

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 11:58 AM
So you want to draft Curry?

Actually I want to draft whomever Pioli wants, but he wont tell me. Said he is afraid I will run my mouth on Chiefsplanet...

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Actually I want to draft whomever Pioli wants, but he wont tell me. Said he is afraid I will run my mouth on Chiefsplanet...

LMAO

rad

I thought you were a Sanchez advocate.

raybec 4

Would you?

FAX
03-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Were Chiefs fans, its what we do...

And we cant be happy, we havent been relivant for over 20 years...

40. That's 40 years.

FAX

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Would you?

Damn Skippy, you guys are my buddies, if SP told me something I would have it posted the minute he turned around....

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I thought you were a Sanchez advocate.

I would like either MS or MS, but will go with the flow.... I am not sold on an OLB who cant rush the passer...

vailpass
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I happen to like my Det. scenario.

Please don't think I was insulting your (or anyone's) ideas. Some just seem REALLY far-fetched.

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2009, 12:28 PM
There is going to be all kinds of stuff being said until
A) Cassell signs a long term extenstion
B) Cutler gets traded or works it out with McDaniels

If McDaniels has such a woody for Cassell and the Chiefs get a Hershel Walker type deal out it or something close to it in today's value, then you go for it. The likely hood of it happening isnt very high but some strange crap has happened before.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 12:36 PM
True Fan is a sub-genre of the CPKA Brain Trust. The True Fan comprises the dissemination of false or bad information founded upon a greater lack of football knowledge overall.

The True Fan is the apathetic sort that likes to win, but does not necessarily understand or covet the steps necessary to correctly and patiently build a consistently winning franchise.

The Brain Trust understands these concepts, but rebel against them like the mythical Lucifer before he allegedly got the ass-boot to earth.
The stand in the presence of a perfect and divine light, shooting snot-rockets out of their noses.

Or something to that effect.

Meh, i'll stick with calling people dumbfucks

KChiefs1
03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
The only way this trade makes sense for the Chiefs is if....

Cassel ends up in Denver.
Cutler ends up in Washington.
LJ goes to Washington.
Picks #12 & #13 go to KC.

I'd do that in a second eventhough it helps Denver out of their mess.
We'd basically have gotten #12, #13 & Vrabel for our 2nd round pick & gotten rid of a major headache in LJ.

This trade won't happen though.
If Pioli can pull anything like this off...I'll get down & worship the man.

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 12:57 PM

There's absolutely NOTHING WRONG with Cassel being the starting QB.

You have no idea whether he will or won't work out, just like you have no idea if Sanchez or Stafford will or won't.

Give the guy a chance before you label him.

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 12:59 PM

You need to understand that what you've said here and being satisfied with the Cassel move are NOT one-and-the-same.

Cassel never was the "safe" route. In many ways, he's just as much a risk as Sanchez or Stafford, albeit at a greatly reduced cost in terms of the draft pick used.

Give it a chance.

rad
03-19-2009, 01:24 PM
You need to understand that what you've said here and being satisfied with the Cassel move are NOT one-and-the-same.

Cassel never was the "safe" route. In many ways, he's just as much a risk as Sanchez or Stafford, albeit at a greatly reduced cost in terms of the draft pick used.

Give it a chance.

That's what I was getting at with my above posts.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 01:33 PM
This would be the dumbest thing KC could do. IMO, Cassel could solidify the QB siuation for the next 8 years if we are lucky.

Posted via Mobile Device
The real question is whether Pioli thinks Cassel will solidify the QB situation. He sure didn't pay like Cassel was a franchise quarterback. He still hasn't sign Cassel to a long term deal like he thinks he's a franchise QB.

Maybe Pioli does, but then again maybe Pioli just thought Cassel was a good stop gap guy until he could find something better.

We don't know, so the talk continues.

rad
03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
The real question is whether Pioli thinks Cassel will solidify the QB situation. He sure didn't pay like Cassel was a franchise quarterback. He still hasn't sign Cassel to a long term deal like he thinks he's a franchise QB.

Maybe Pioli does, but then again maybe Pioli just thought Cassel was a good stop gap guy until he could find something better.

....he hasn't even taken a # yet.....(0)

Just Passin' By
03-19-2009, 01:40 PM

He's paying Cassel the franchise tag money for a quarterback. How is that not paying him like a franchise quarterback?

L.A. Chieffan
03-19-2009, 01:42 PM
cassels gone...

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 01:45 PM
He's paying Cassel the franchise tag money for a quarterback. How is that not paying him like a franchise quarterback?
That money is all base salary and not guaranteed. The Chiefs could trade Cassel right now and it wouldn't cost them a penny.

CaliforniaChief
03-19-2009, 01:45 PM
....he hasn't even taken a # yet.....(0)

Engram has a number. C.J. Jones has a number. Mike Vrabel has a number. Even Monty Beisel has a number. With the desire to market what you would think to be your francishe QB, I imagine they'd want to start selling Cassel jerseys. If Cassel's this indecisive, perhaps this explains why he gets sacked all the time OR the fact that he hasn't been given one yet nor a long-term extension.

Or on the other hand, maybe this is all speculative crap. Yeah, probably this.

Just Passin' By
03-19-2009, 01:50 PM
That money is all base salary and not guaranteed. The Chiefs could trade Cassel right now and it wouldn't cost them a penny.

That's not the issue you raised. You raised payment. He's got the franchise tag salary and Pioli knew that when he traded for him. He's on the hook for it. He's paying him just like a franchise quarterback, at least until things change.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
That's not the issue you raised. You raised payment. He's got the franchise tag salary and Pioli knew that when he traded for him. He's on the hook for it. He's paying him just like a franchise quarterback, at least until things change.
I know,I know but the NFL is all about signing bonus and guaranteed money. Since Cassel's contract money is not guaranteed, Pioli could easily change his mind if he sees a better option. That's what all our speculation is about, the possibility that they Chiefs could make a trade.

Until the Chiefs sign Cassel to a long term contract, they are not fully committed financially to Cassel as a long-term answer at the QB position.

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 01:59 PM

This.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Question... how vocal has Cassel been lately about being a Chief? I guess anything could happen, but I just kinda doubt KC trades him.

And, per my comment in the other thread... I've tapped on the debate about what happens. I'm just ready to move on and accept whatever happens, whether I like it or not.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
If the Chiefs are trying to trade Cassel...wouldn't that indicate interest in Sanchez or Stafford? CLING TO IT HAMAS!

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Question... how vocal has Cassel been lately about being a Chief? I guess anything could happen, but I just kinda doubt KC trades him.

And, per my comment in the other thread... I've tapped on the debate about what happens. I'm just ready to move on and accept whatever happens, whether I like it or not.
As far as i know, He had a single press conference by phone when he was first traded and has not been talked to again.

Matt "The Ghost" Cassel

There has also been no talk of a long term deal that i have heard.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Weird... I guess that makes a potential trade possible, but who knows.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
As far as i know, He had a single press conference by phone when he was first traded and has not been talked to again.

Matt "The Ghost" Cassel

Cassel was at Arrowhead and yet did not appear for the press conference.

Very mysterious indeed.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Matt "The Ghost" Cassel

He said in the conference that his agent and Pioli were going to work on it, but I haven't heard anything since. Of course you don't hear much from the new FO, so he could have a 6 year 80 mill contract and no one knows.

Just Passin' By
03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
I know,I know but the NFL is all about signing bonus and guaranteed money. Since Cassel's contract money is not guaranteed, Pioli could easily change his mind if he sees a better option. That's what all our speculation is about, the possibility that they Chiefs could make a trade.

Until the Chiefs sign Cassel to a long term contract, they are not fully committed financially to Cassel as a long-term answer at the QB position.

But you're making speculation upon speculation. Could they trade him? Sure. However, they've committed financially already. It's two separate issues that you're trying to combine into one. Cassel is guaranteed $14.6 million. That's franchise QB money.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
He said in the conference that his agent and Pioli were going to work on it, but I haven't heard anything since. Of course you don't hear much from the new FO, so he could have a 6 year 80 mill contract and no one knows.
true

orange
03-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Cassel was at Arrowhead and yet did not appear for the press conference.

Very mysterious indeed.

Is that the one where they caught him running out the back door or something?

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 02:16 PM
But you're making speculation upon speculation. Could they trade him? Sure. However, they've committed financially already. It's two separate issues that you're trying to combine into one. Cassel is guaranteed $14.6 million. That's franchise QB money.

No he's not guaranteed a penny. He has to play to earn it. They could release him today and they are out a pick but no cash at all. That is the point he is trying to make they have not committed to him long-term.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 02:17 PM
If Cassel plays for the Chiefs he is guaranteed 14.6 million.

But since there is no guarantee whatsoever that Cassel will play for the Chiefs next year then it's a moot issue. You are just arguing semantics and it's pointless to continue this discussion with you.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Is that the one where they caught him running out the back door or something?
No, one of the reporters ask Cassel a question and he mistakenly referred to "this building" which led to reporters to immediately ask if he was in Arrowhead. He said he was and that kind of blew the secret that Cassel was doing a presser by phone INSIDE Arrowhead instead of just walking down to the conference room.

It was weird.

rad
03-19-2009, 02:22 PM
No, one of the reporters ask Cassel a question and he mistakenly referred to "this building" which led to reporters to immediately ask if he was in Arrowhead. He said he was and that kind of blew the secret that Cassel was doing a presser by phone INSIDE Arrowhead instead of just walking down to the conference room.

It was weird.

He must have been being fitted with his Bionic Wobble Launcher v2.0

orange
03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
No he's not guaranteed a penny. He has to play to earn it. They could release him today and they are out a pick but no cash at all. That is the point he is trying to make they have not committed to him long-term.

But since there is no guarantee whatsoever that Cassel will play for the Chiefs next year then it's a moot issue. You are just arguing semantics and it's pointless to continue this discussion with you.

No, you're both wrong. The money is guaranteed - whether he plays or not. The only way the Chiefs get off the hook is to trade his contract to some other sucker. They can't waive him or bench him to avoid paying. He only has to show up for the required duties (in shape).

(c) If a player subject to a Franchise Player designation accepts the Required Tender, the resulting Player Contract shall be fully guaranteed if the player’s contract is terminated because of lack of comparative skill; as a result of an injury sustained in the performance of his services under his Player Contract; and/or due to a Club’s determination to create Room for Salary Cap purposes. For purposes of this Subsection only, any contract termination due to the failure of the player to establish or maintain his excellent physical condition will be subject to review of a neutral physician appointed by the parties under Article X (Injury Grievance), whose physical findings will be conclusive in any arbitration proceeding relating to the physical condition of the player at the time of the exam, providing such exam takes place within twenty (20) days of the contract termination.

http://www.nflplayers.com/user/template.aspx?fmid=181&lmid=231&pid=540&type=c

That's the actual Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 02:44 PM
No, you're both wrong. The money is guaranteed - whether he plays or not. The only way the Chiefs get off the hook is to trade his contract to some other sucker. They can't waive him or bench him to avoid paying. He only has to show up for the required duties (in shape).

(c) If a player subject to a Franchise Player designation accepts the Required Tender, the resulting Player Contract shall be fully guaranteed if the player’s contract is terminated because of lack of comparative skill; as a result of an injury sustained in the performance of his services under his Player Contract; and/or due to a Club’s determination to create Room for Salary Cap purposes. For purposes of this Subsection only, any contract termination due to the failure of the player to establish or maintain his excellent physical condition will be subject to review of a neutral physician appointed by the parties under Article X (Injury Grievance), whose physical findings will be conclusive in any arbitration proceeding relating to the physical condition of the player at the time of the exam, providing such exam takes place within twenty (20) days of the contract termination.

Interesting, i didn't know any contract was guaranteed until after the first game of the season. Thanks.

Still doesn't apply to what i was talking about though, the Chiefs being able to trade Cassel with no penalty to them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 02:44 PM
If the Chiefs are trying to trade Cassel...wouldn't that indicate interest in Sanchez or Stafford? CLING TO IT HAMAS!

Would you like to Super Size that April 25th Shit Sandwich for fifty cents more, sir? :D

I apologize, Mr. Krab; you are indeed a True Knight of the Realm. :wayne:

Keep working the floor; the scent of fear emanating from the Trust is stoking my appetite...:fire:

Hammock Parties
03-19-2009, 02:45 PM
You know it WOULD be amusing if Pioli dealt for Cassel, just so he could fuck over the Donks and get even more back for him.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 03:04 PM

Yep I was wrong, but my point still stands that they are not committed long term since its a one year deal.

talastan
03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
You know it WOULD be amusing if Pioli dealt for Cassel, just so he could **** over the Donks and get even more back for him.

Again though I doubt it would happen, that would be ****ing awesome!:D

SBK
03-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Strange Cassel doesn't have a number yet, and hasn't been formally introduced.

Please make that a sign we're taking Stafford or Sanchez. :)

RustShack
03-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Maybe we end up trading Cassel to Denver, sending Cutler to Washington, giving us draft picks, allowing us to draft Stafford and fill more needs with the extra draft picks we receive... :hmmm:

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Maybe we end up trading Cassel to Denver, sending Cutler to Washington, giving us draft picks, allowing us to draft Stafford and fill more needs with the extra draft picks we receive... :hmmm:

I like it, but if you make it Detroit that ensures we get to pick Stafford.

EDIT: Plus they have more early picks.

chiefs1111
03-19-2009, 03:40 PM

That would be great if it happened

RustShack
03-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I like it, but if you make it Detroit that ensures we get to pick Stafford.

EDIT: Plus they have more early picks.

Detroit has a major woody for Curry. If they pass on him I strongly feel they would take an OT instead of Stafford. They have another first round pick and the first pick of the 2nd round which could be used on a QB and I think Freeman is the QB they will be targeting if they are going after one this year.

Rooster
03-19-2009, 03:47 PM

This has been one crazy offseason for KC. I'm not ruling anything out yet.:D

RustShack
03-19-2009, 03:49 PM

The only other players without a number are Terrance Copper, Rocky Boiman, and Pat Thomas...

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2009, 03:50 PM
The only other players without a number are Terrance Copper, Rocky Boiman, and Pat Thomas...

Thomas signed with Buffalo and Boiman is a free agent.

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Please make that a sign we're taking Stafford or Sanchez. If they traded for a player intending from the start to trade him away again, it would be one of the strangest events in NFL history.

Pretty unlikely...

RustShack
03-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Thomas signed with Buffalo and Boiman is a free agent.

Thats the point I was making.

SBK
03-19-2009, 03:53 PM
If they traded for a player intending from the start to trade him away again, it would be one of the strangest events in NFL history.

Pretty unlikely...

Yes it would, and it'd put a lot of egg on New England's face. :D

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes it would, and it'd put a lot of egg on New England's face. Which I think makes it even more unlikely.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Detroit has a major woody for Curry. If they pass on him I strongly feel they would take an OT instead of Stafford. They have another first round pick and the first pick of the 2nd round which could be used on a QB and I think Freeman is the QB they will be targeting if they are going after one this year.

Yeah it's true they like Curry and have been rumored to be leaning for a OT, but IF we were to trade Cassel to Denver and another team, Det. makes the most sense to me. They have the picks to make it happen and a major need at QB. They have the picks to pull a trade off and still have the #1 pick for a OT or Curry, plus they wouldn't have to get a project QB like Freeman.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Which I think makes it even more unlikely.

It's not personal, it's business. Pioli is trying to build a team and BB would do the exact same thing to him.

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
If they traded for a player intending from the start to trade him away again, it would be one of the strangest events in NFL history.

Pretty unlikely...

I agree but at the time they didnt know Denver wanted Cassell and Cutler would turn into a vagina over it. Best bet is to keep your cards close and see what happens, Denver wants to Hershel Walker it for Cassell you would have to jump on it.

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Yes it would, and it'd put a lot of egg on New England's face. :D

If they get Peppers for that pick, Belichick wouldnt give a shit about it.

RustShack
03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah it's true they like Curry and have been rumored to be leaning for a OT, but IF we were to trade Cassel to Denver and another team, Det. makes the most sense to me. They have the picks to make it happen and a major need at QB. They have the picks to pull a trade off and still have the #1 pick for a OT or Curry, plus they wouldn't have to get a project QB like Freeman.

A project QB like Freeman makes sense when their current STARTER is a lot like Freeman. Their new OC was Culpeppers OC back when he was very successful and no he doesn't has Moss anymore, but they now have Calvin Johnson.

Archie Bunker
03-19-2009, 04:01 PM
All those people who have taken advantage of the "Be the first to own a Cassel jersey" offer from kcchiefs.com are going to be pissed.

orange
03-19-2009, 04:05 PM
All those people who have taken advantage of the "Be the first to own a Cassel jersey" offer from kcchiefs.com are going to be pissed.

You don't think they'll be happy with a Broncos jersey? ;)

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2009, 04:06 PM
More I look at the Cassel trade from New England, that looks like a salary dump was the reason we got it. If New England got a first rounder from somebody else that would be more money for them to pay out and we took Vrabel's contract off their books for them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:09 PM
You know it WOULD be amusing if Pioli dealt for Cassel, just so he could fuck over the Donks and get even more back for him.

Again though I doubt it would happen, that would be ****ing awesome!:D

That would be great if it happened

This has been one crazy offseason for KC. I'm not ruling anything out yet.:D

Yes...YES; get on board the Mojo Train To Excellence!
Experience the thrill of proper team building!
Enjoy pants-pissing fits of laughter as the CP Kool-Aid Brain Trust disintegrates in a meltdown of thermonuclear proportions!!!!:fire:

ALL ABOARD!!!
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/EvilTrainwsmoke.jpg

doomy3
03-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes...YES; get on board the Mojo Train To Excellence!
Experience the thrill of proper team building!
Enjoy pants-pissing fits of laughter as the CP Kool-Aid Brain Trust disintegrates in a meltdown of thermonuclear proportions!!!!:fire:

ALL ABOARD!!!
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/EvilTrainwsmoke.jpg

WTF are you even talking about? What is this "CP Kool-Aid Brain Trust," douchebag?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:17 PM
WTF are you even talking about? What is this "CP Kool-Aid Brain Trust," douchebag?

He's not just the President, ladies and gentlemen; he's a member!

doomy3
03-19-2009, 04:19 PM
He's not just the President, ladies and gentlemen; he's a member!

Again, what are you talking about?

If you don't think the majority of people, including myself, who are stoked about Cassel wouldn't be equally as excited about a deal like this, you are even dumber than I thought. And that's pretty dumb.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:22 PM

If you don't think the majority of people, including myself, who are stoked about Cassel wouldn't be equally as excited about a deal like this, you are even dumber than I thought. And that's pretty dumb.

Bullshit! You are a fucking liar. But feel free to back peddle. Just remember; you'll have to hop off of your boyfriend Cassel's lap to do so.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Personally I would be very disappointed if we deal Cassel. Seems dumb to move him.

Even if we get a little more than we gave for him in picks I see no advantage to playing musical QBs.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Bullshit! You are a ****ing liar. But feel free to back peddle. Just remember; you'll have to hop off of your boyfriend Cassel's lap to do so.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

I am not the fan of any one player unlike you with Sanchez. I like the deal for Cassel and feel that he can be a very nice QB for us for several years. However, if the Chiefs can pull off a deal for a first and more for him after giving up a second only and have Stafford there at 3, I would be great with that.

If you and people like Reetard would actually read people's posts instead of trying to put words in everyone's mouths and coming up with these great, clever nicknames, maybe you could actually understand that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

I am not the fan of any one player unlike you with Sanchez. I like the deal for Cassel and feel that he can be a very nice QB for us for several years. However, if the Chiefs can pull off a deal for a first and more for him after giving up a second only and have Stafford there at 3, I would be great with that.

If you and people like Reetard would actually read people's posts instead of trying to put words in everyone's mouths and coming up with these great, clever nicknames, maybe you could actually understand that.

Then all is not lost with you.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2009, 04:27 PM

A deal like what?

And yeah.....he's as dumb as it gets on here.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 04:28 PM
A deal like what?

These deals that have been discussed in here. Two firsts or a first and Campbell or something like that. That would be a pretty good haul.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2009, 04:33 PM
These deals that have been discussed in here. Two firsts or a first and Campbell or something like that. That would be a pretty good haul.

A 1st and Campbell? Fuck that. Hell we gave up the #34. To move up a few spots and downgrade to a QB not as good as Thiggy would be ridiculous.

2 1sts would be completely lopsided trade in our favor. So I doubt that would be the deal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
A deal like what?

I apologize. I had forgotten all about Lame Horse. He's definitely an executive in the Trust.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
A 1st and Campbell? **** that. Hell we gave up the #34. To move up a few spots and downgrade to a QB not as good as Thigpen would be ridiculous.

2 1sts would be completely lopsided trade in our favor. So I doubt that would be the deal.

The #12 or #13 with Campbell should get it done. If it was both firsts, there's not any question.

This is such a long shot it's probably not even worth talking about, but whatever.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 04:35 PM
I apologize. I had forgotten all about Lame Horse. He's definitely an executive in the Trust.

I have no idea why you think a n00b like you has any kind of say on this board. Your opinion means nothing more than anyone else. You are a clown.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:37 PM

However, if the Chiefs can pull off a deal for a first and more for him after giving up a second only and have Stafford there at 3, I would be great with that.

And if it's Sanchez instead of Stafford at three? Fella's? Mmm?

CrazyHorse
03-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Not sure what self absorbed tangent you're on. But, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that if I'm an exec. you would be the feet hanging out from under my desk.

How close am I?

ROFL

Start smaller dipshit.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 04:38 PM
And if it's Sanchez instead of Stafford at three? Fella's? Mmm?

Try to trade back or hope he's there at the #13 pick we get in the trade. He's not worth #3.

Kyle DeLexus
Personally I would be very disappointed if we deal Cassel. Seems dumb to move him.

Even if we get a little more than we gave for him in picks I see no advantage to playing musical QBs.

Nothing wrong with it when Cassel hasn't even thrown to a Chief's receiver. If a trade happened just after preseason of halfway through the season, I might get upset but he hasn't even been a Chief a month we have nothing to lose if the offer is right.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I have no idea why you think a n00b like you has any kind of say on this board. Your opinion means nothing more than anyone else. You are a clown.

Well I suppose I could send a passenger pigeon to the mods, but seeing as how it's a PUBLIC FORUM, I think I'll stick with the typing.

keg in kc
It's not personal, it's business. Pioli is trying to build a team and BB would do the exact same thing to him.Respect is as much a part of the business world as it is the personal one. They'd be alienating a player, alienating another organization and giving themselves a negative perception to front offices around the league right off the bat.

(And don't anybody mistake this for some pro-Cassel sentiment, because it's not. I didn't like the trade.)

CrazyHorse
03-19-2009, 04:39 PM
The #12 or #13 with Campbell should get it done. If it was both firsts, there's not any question.

This is such a long shot it's probably not even worth talking about, but whatever.

To me Campbell is a non factor. A bench QB adds no value to the trade. We would again be in the market for a QB. Then we would burn the pick we recieved in a trade, and relegate Campbell to the bench.

Maybe I undervalue Campbell, but screw that guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Try to trade back or hope he's there at the #13 pick we get in the trade. He's not worth #3.

Jesus fucking Christ. ENOUGH.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Not sure what self absorbed tangent you're on. But, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that if I'm an exec. you would be the feet hanging out from under my desk.

How close am I?

ROFL

Start smaller dipshit.

I'm not a member of your Merry Band of Idiots.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2009, 04:43 PM
OK, I havent read the whole thread, but would someone please explain the sudden rash of erections that have arisen in favor of Jason Campbell.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 04:44 PM
OK, I havent read the whole thread, but would someone please explain the sudden rash of erections that have arisen in favor of Jason Campbell.

It's mainly the group that thinks Sanchez is the next great thing that just want figure out a likely way to draft him at 3. This is a way to get a guy to keep the seat warm for a year. I don't think anyone has strong feelings for Campbell though,

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Respect is as much a part of the business world as it is the personal one. They'd be alienating a player, alienating another organization and giving themselves a negative perception to front offices around the league right off the bat.

(And don't anybody mistake this for some pro-Cassel sentiment, because it's not. I didn't like the trade.)

How? Other organizations would think Pioli is a genius and wonder why why didn't they do that. Like ChiefsCountry pointed out earlier in the thread, If BB can land Peppers with that 2nd, why would he care? And I agree with Mr. ChiefsCountry that BB acted quick in order to dump salary and in doing so didn't get market value of what teams would give for Cassel. Why shouldn't we buy low sell high if we can? BB would do the same.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm not a member of your Merry Band of Idiots.

For you to claim you're not a "member", is the same as me saying I didn't punk you in that last post.

No ones gonna believe it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:46 PM

None here. Unless we can flip him the next day, that particular scenario is a huge pile of shit.

The other( rather convoluted )scenario is where we end up with two firsts after trading Cassel.

That's the one I like.

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 04:46 PM
How? Other organizations would think Pioli is a genius and wonder why why didn't they do that. Like ChiefsCountry pointed out earlier in the thread, If BB can land Peppers with that 2nd, why would he care? And I agree with Mr. ChiefsCountry that BB acted quick in order to dump salary and in doing so didn't get market value of what teams would give for Cassel. Why shouldn't we buy low sell high if we can? BB would do the same.Pipe dream.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Pipe dream.

It is yes, but if the donks want him we have the upper hand and can get a favorable outcome. They would have to overwelm us to get him and that works for me. Either way, I know we will have a QB going into next season. Idk if denver can say as much. Well they have Simms right?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:53 PM
For you to claim you're not a "member", is the same as me saying I didn't punk you in that last post.

No ones gonna believe it.

Are you completely fucking retarded, or did you just gloss over the thread?

And I have to say,the fact that you actually believe that you have smack-skill is the funniest zing( on yourself )that you've ever posted.

Put the fucking NyQuil down and sober up a bit before chiming in, m'kay?

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2009, 04:56 PM
It's mainly the group that thinks Sanchez is the next great thing that just want figure out a likely way to draft him at 3. This is a way to get a guy to keep the seat warm for a year. I don't think anyone has strong feelings for Campbell though,

Thanks for the update. First of all I dont think theyre gonna get a high first or even a mid round first for cassel, seeing the league know what we gave for him.Let alone 2 firsts or a first and a player.

If were going to have someone keep the seat warm they should stick with thigpen.(and Im not on the thigpen bandwagon).

Jason Campbell is equivelent to a one eyed thigpen with a tan.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2009, 04:57 PM

WRONG. I've stated many times that I would be happy to get Matt or Mark, but that Sanchez seems to be the guy who could pick up the NFL level, and be ready to start sooner.

Of the two.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2009, 05:01 PM
None here. Unless we can flip him the next day, that particular scenario is a huge pile of shit.

The other( rather convoluted )scenario is where we end up with two firsts after trading Cassel.

That's the one I like.

Im with you on this, no way they get 2 first rounders for cassel.(do they realize we got # 16 and not #12 from NE?)

If theyre gonna trade Cassell they better grab one of the rooks.If they want a lame duck QB they should stick with thigpen.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Are you completely ****ing retarded, or did you just gloss over the thread?

And I have to say,the fact that you actually believe that you have smack-skill is the funniest zing( on yourself )that you've ever posted.

Put the ****ing NyQuil down and sober up a bit before chiming in, m'kay?

Didn't gloss over the thread. Certainly didn't go looking for your contribution. Perhaps you give yourself a little too much credit. That would explain why you act like you believe you have some semblance of intellect. All the while trying to have a battle of wits with what you deem a "retard".

My "smack" is such that you jump with every post. If you're so sharp you'd just leave the "retard" alone. But instead, you argue with the "retard". That must make you the smart one, eh.

I told you to start smaller, little feller.

It was good advice.

Retard-2
Fucktard-0

doomy3
03-19-2009, 05:05 PM
WRONG. I've stated many times that I would be happy to get Matt or Mark, but that Sanchez seems to be the guy who could pick up the NFL level, and be ready to start sooner.

Of the two.

OK. Which is basically what I said.

tboss27
03-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but holy cow this is getting ridiculous w/ the whole lets trade Cassel/draft Sanchez crap. We're not drafting him. If we wanted to draft him, we freaking wouldn't have traded for Matt Cassel. I'm not saying he is going to be a bust necessarily, he may end up being great. We're not drafting him though, or trading for Campbell.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Damn and I thought the mange was bad, the planet is getting all uppity when we are just rumored to maybe be a third wheel in a possible trade.

wild1
03-19-2009, 05:07 PM
This is ludicrous, they aren't going to trade Cassel.

These media idiots are really embarrassing themselves

tboss27
03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Damn and I thought the mange was bad, the planet is getting all uppity when we are just rumored to maybe be a third wheel in a possible trade.

I just think it's absurd that people actually think this could happen. Why would we spend a top 35 pick in the draft for a QB if we are going to draft another one at #3? And there is absolutely no way we would trade Cassel to Denver, that is the dumbest football idea i've ever heard. We would be giving the team we hate most exactly what they wanted in the first place, and would bail them out from screwing themselves over when they pissed off their franchise QB.

doomy3
03-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I just think it's absurd that people actually think this could happen. Why would we spend a top 35 pick in the draft for a QB if we are going to draft another one at #3? And there is absolutely no way we would trade Cassel to Denver, that is the dumbest football idea i've ever heard. We would be giving the team we hate most exactly what they wanted in the first place, and would bail them out from screwing themselves over when they pissed off their franchise QB.

Yep.

The only way any of this makes sense is if someone wanted to significantly overpay for Cassel at this point. And that doesn't really make sense.

dirk digler
03-19-2009, 05:11 PM
This is retarded. Isn't this basically the same BS rumor that has been around for the last week or so just that they decided to add Cassel now?

rad
03-19-2009, 05:26 PM
KC Chiefs = epic mindfuck

Nobody knows what's going on with this team anymore. I laugh at these guys sometimes.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I still think the best scenario that i've seen so far is the one where Washington sends their 1st and Clinton Portis to Denver for Cutler. Kansas City sends Cassel to Denver and Larry Johnson to Washington. Denver sends their 1st and washington's 1st to Kansas City.

Denver loses - Cutler, 1st round pick
Denver gets - Matt Cassel, Clinton Portis

Washington loses - Clinton portis, 1st round pick
Washington gets - Cutler, larry Johnson

Kansas city loses - Cassel,Larry Johnson
Kansas City gets - two 1st round draft picks (12th,13th)

The trade would happen when KC is on the clock IF Detroit passes on Matt Stafford.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 05:28 PM

Yep.

The only way any of this makes sense is if someone wanted to significantly overpay for Cassel at this point. And that doesn't really make sense.

That would be the only way it makes sense. I feel you guys are right, but there is always a chance. To get into the "is Sanchez worth the #3 pick debate" is absolutely pointless until Cassel is out the door. I was a big Pro-Matthew guy and have come to grips with the fact that he will not be my QB next year barring a miracle. Cassel has more potential than some on here give him, but he is still a risk. For now he IS my QB and I will live with that and trust Scott Pioli, he is afterall supposed to be a great football mind.

Delano
03-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I still think the best scenario that i've seen so far is the one where Washington sends their 1st and Clinton Portis to Denver for Cutler. Kansas City sends Cassel to Denver and Larry Johnson to Washington. Denver sends their 1st and washington's 1st to Kansas City.

The trade would happen when KC is on the clock IF Detroit passes on Matt Stafford.

I like the way Denver gets fucked over in that deal, but it will not happen.

Kyle DeLexus
03-19-2009, 05:32 PM

That was one of the few trades that has at least made some sense. I think Denver would still want more depending on the demand for Cutler. The thing about it is Denver needs to defuse the situation asap and KC would want to wait until draft day.

One things for sure, it should be an interesting draft :)

milkman
03-19-2009, 05:34 PM

Jason Campbell sucks ass, but if he were part of a trade that gave us another first round pick, while also keeping our third overall and landing Sanchez, I'd do a happy dance while Campbell is keeping Sanchez' position warm for a season.

However, this shit is only slightly more likely than me growing a foot and a half and playing in the NBA now, so I'm just going to hope like hel that Cassel can give us 10 solid years and a couple of SBs.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I like the way Denver gets fucked over in that deal, but it will not happen.
It's a good deal for Washington and Kansas City. Denver gets screwed a bit but that's what they get for pissing off their starting QB.

Denver still gets the Quarterback their Head Coach wants and a starting runningback that they need. I believe Portis has asked out of Washington already and Shannahan is gone so Portis could go back to Denver fairly easily.

SAUTO
03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
go back and watch the introductory presser with pioli, question comes up about the QB position, he states that he has a qb in mind with a little smile. He knew that cassel was on the way(maybe that was his "going away" present from BB AND the krafts, they obviously were on board with the terms of the trade) and IMO the long term deal is probably already done, just announcing it now would ruin OUR leverage on draft day if one of the Qbs are still on the board. Anyone understand?

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Denver isn't getting that screwed, they are getting a proven starting QB and RB(at least fairly proven). Washington is getting a proven QB and RB. We are the ones taking all the risk, we could end up with nothing.

orange
03-19-2009, 05:48 PM

A month ago, it was Patriots fans having wet dreams about getting two first rounders for a guy who's worth half a second rounder. Now it's Chiefs fans.

Call it "the Patriot Way."

Chief Roundup
03-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Im with you on this, no way they get 2 first rounders for cassel.(do they realize we got # 16 and not #12 from NE?)

If theyre gonna trade Cassell they better grab one of the rooks.If they want a lame duck QB they should stick with thigpen.

HUH #16 what are you talking about. We didn't get a #16. And if you are speculating the #12 is the donkos pick

milkman
03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
HUH #16 what are you talking about. We didn't get a #16. And if you are speculating the #12 is the donkos pick

Jersey number.

Brilliant minds around here, I tell ya.

Barret
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
The Chiefs are not trading Cassel.

The only way this has any legs is if Stafford or Sanchez are sitting at #3 and KC is on the clock.

Denver gets the #3 pick to get their QB
Team "X" gets Cutler
KC gets the 12th pick from Denver and the pick from the "X" team.

The 12th and 13th picks have legs because the #3 draft pick is 2200 point value and the #12 is 1200. Anyone from #16 up would be a fair point value trade for the #3 pick.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Here is the current draft order
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009
Current teams I have seen in this thread that are interested are:
Redskins
Jets
Bears
Buc's
Vikings

Only the Redskins give the Chiefs any real good upside to make this deal. All the other teams are under the magical #16 and dont have the point values to match. The other teams could possibly throw in another player or pick later down the road to compensate for the draft value.

BigRock
03-19-2009, 06:05 PM

It would have to be a completely lopsided trade in our favor for the Chiefs to be involved in it. Why would Pioli send a QB to Denver... and not just any QB, but the one McDaniels wants... unless the Chiefs were getting a huge return on it?

Being lopsided is the only thing that would get it done.

milkman
03-19-2009, 06:06 PM

Speaking of brilliant minds, I was remnded of this post.

bigdreams was talking about the second rounder that was traded for Cassel and Vrabel.

If Pioli were able to turn around and trade Cassel and got #12 and #13 in return, he will have effectively turned that 2nd round pick into those picks along with Mike Vrabel and Jason Campbell.

As he said though, it is just a pipe dream.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2009, 06:08 PM

Dude ,you need a little reading comprehention.

answer key:
#12= Tom Brady
#16= Matt Cassel
NE= New England
KC= Kansas City
#34=2nd pick in 2nd round

If KC trades #34 to NE for #16

What did they get that doesn't equal #12

remainder=#50

It aint the wonderlic

SAUTO
03-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Dude ,you need a little reading comprehention.

Nowhere did i mention picks.

answer key:
#12= Tom Brady
#16= Matt Cassel
NE= New England
KC= Kansas City
#34=2nd pick in 2nd round

If KC trades #34 to NE for #16

What did they get that doesn't equal #12

It aint the wonderlic

ROFL real men of genius around these parts

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 06:14 PM
The Chiefs are not trading Cassel.
You don't know this anymore than any of these other guesses.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2009, 06:16 PM
You don't know this anymore than any of these other guesses.

I'd be a little less inclined to think so ,if he had a contract and was assigned a number.Until then who knows.