PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Bioware is going to own me in 2010

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
News is a couple of days old...

Mass Effect 2 is now official, but Xbox 360 and PC only, coming in early 2010. Apparently no waiting on the PC version this time around (thank god).

They're going darker with it:The Mass Effect trilogy is a masterful science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life forms and mysterious uncharted planets. In this dark second chapter, Saren's evil army of Geth soldiers has just been defeated, and humans, who are still struggling to make their mark on the galactic stage, are now faced with an even greater peril…

So that means Dragon Age: Origins in November, Mass Effect 2 in early 2010, and then Star Wars: The Old Republic sometime after that.

Fuck me.

Mr. Krab
03-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Don't forget that Blizzard might release Diablo III in 2010 too.

Buck
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Any news on Duke Nukem Forever?

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure about the timeline on any other games, I hadn't even thought that far. I only mentioned the three I did because they're all BioWare titles that look amazing...

First part of StarCraft 2 is due sometime as well.

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I think Bioshock 2 is underway, as well, although I never played the first one.

kcxiv
03-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I think Starcraft is going to own peoples worlds. I just picked up the first one. i realize its old, but i never got into rts games. going to have to test it soon.

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 04:55 PM
I think Starcraft is going to own peoples worlds. I just picked up the first one. i realize its old, but i never got into rts games. going to have to test it soon.I don't like rts but I played the fuck out of starcraft, brood war, insurrection and retribution.

KC Jones
03-19-2009, 07:28 PM

I got the first one just a few months ago. I got bored/frustrated with it after a while. It was wonderfully atmospheric though. I'll probably try it again soon and fall in love with. It doesn't help that my PC can barely handle it and I have to turn the eye candy down.

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 07:30 PM
I got the first one just a few months ago. I got bored/frustrated with it after a while. It was wonderfully atmospheric though. I'll probably try it again soon and fall in love with. It doesn't help that my PC can barely handle it and I have to turn the eye candy down.I heard it was really short, and I'm not big on buying short console ports.

(ironic on a thread where I talk about ME2 I know, course I've spend upwards of 100 hours in that game now...)

Basileus777
03-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I doubt KOTOR comes out in 2010. MMOs takes forever to develop.

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 07:39 PM
I doubt KOTOR comes out in 2010. MMOs takes forever to develop.If I was a betting man, I'd say holiday 2010. It's been in development for a while, they just hadn't made it public.

Basileus777
03-19-2009, 07:42 PM
If I was a betting man, I'd say holiday 2010. It's been in development for a while, they just hadn't made it public.

Bioware Austin's only been around two years so they can't have been developing the game in secret longer than that.

And in terms of the media and information cycle they haven't show nearly enough of the game for me to believe its coming out so soon. If it were coming out this year we would be hearing talk of a beta soon.

Frazod
03-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I heard it was really short, and I'm not big on buying short console ports.

(ironic on a thread where I talk about ME2 I know, course I've spend upwards of 100 hours in that game now...)

It isn't short, and it's a great game. In my top five. Creepy and cool, with a great story. And lots of twisted humor.

HC_Chief
03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I think Starcraft is going to own peoples worlds. I just picked up the first one. i realize its old, but i never got into rts games. going to have to test it soon.

Starcraft is awesome.

If you like it, try Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War. IMHO it is the best RTS

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Bioware Austin's only been around two years so they can't have been developing the game in secret longer than that.

And in terms of the media and information cycle they haven't show nearly enough of the game for me to believe its coming out so soon. If it were coming out this year we would be hearing talk of a beta soon.I said holiday 2010, not holiday 2009. That's 18 months from now. That would be four years of development.

03-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Any news on Duke Nukem Forever?ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
03-19-2009, 11:15 PM

I pray daily that the Bioshock folk will channel their Looking Glass Studio roots and make a new installment in the Thief series.

QuikSsurfer
03-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I got the first one just a few months ago. I got bored/frustrated with it after a while. It was wonderfully atmospheric though. I'll probably try it again soon and fall in love with. It doesn't help that my PC can barely handle it and I have to turn the eye candy down.

The game is worth being played in all its glory.
You're missing out. Do you own a 360?

Miles
03-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Sucks that Dragon Age: Origins is sounding PC only. Since I switched to laptop/docking only, I have little chance of running it.

Basileus777
03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Sucks that Dragon Age: Origins is sounding PC only. Since I switched to laptop/docking only, I have little chance of running it.

It's coming to consoles as well. It's at least part of the reason the game was delayed.

Crashride
03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Bio-Shock and starcraft are some of the best games to ever be created in my book. Im REALLY looking forward to part II of both. I just cant believe that there hasn't been a starcraft II after ten years of success.

Miles
03-20-2009, 01:22 PM
It's coming to consoles as well. It's at least part of the reason the game was delayed.

Nice!

Fish
03-20-2009, 02:53 PM
It isn't short, and it's a great game. In my top five. Creepy and cool, with a great story. And lots of twisted humor.

This. Bioshock isn't close to what I'd consider a short game. I'd highly recommend it.

And as atmospheric as the game is, it's much much better with a high-end graphics card.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I'll probably give bioshock a go once I've finished my ME achievements and done Fallout 3 and all its DLC. Assuming I'm not back into LotRO by then.

kysirsoze
03-20-2009, 03:28 PM
This. Bioshock isn't close to what I'd consider a short game. I'd highly recommend it.

And as atmospheric as the game is, it's much much better with a high-end graphics card.

Bioshock was cool. My only gripe was the story. I don't mean the premise, that was interesting. I mean how it unfolded. If I knew how to do that little "spoiler" thing on here I'd go into a little more detail.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Bioshock was cool. My only gripe was the story. I don't mean the premise, that was interesting. I mean how it unfolded. If I knew how to do that little "spoiler" thing on here I'd go into a little more detail.You just put spoiler and /spoiler in brackets, put your message in between.

i.e. [spoiler ]message[/spoiler ]