PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Holy shit, it's been a decade

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 10:18 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/orh5IePXv_4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/orh5IePXv_4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lzen
03-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I never watched that show. Is that the guy that played in the last couple seasons of Stargate SG1? And that one woman...is she the deputy in Eureka?

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I never watched that show. Is that the guy that played in the last couple seasons of Stargate SG1? And that one woman...is she the deputy in Eureka?Yes and no. Ben Browder was on Stargate SG-1. Claudia Black was also on SG-1 actually, but not Eureka.

It's one of the best series SciFi ever produced. On par with BSG if you look at the entire run, beginning to end. In my opinion, of course.

Reaper16
03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Before clicking into the thread, I thought this was going to be about The Matrix.

Miles
03-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Before clicking into the thread, I thought this was going to be about The Matrix.

I was thinking the same.

Buck
03-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Did it get cancelled early?

Want to know before I potentially buy the series.

If you say its as good as BSG I believe you.

Miles
03-20-2009, 01:11 AM

If you say its as good as BSG I believe you.

It should have been given at least another season because it was still quality but you don't really have to worry about a story that has no ending. It had a 4 season run and for the most part the major loose ends were wrapped up in a mini series.

Seems like it is somewhat hit or miss for some but I ****ing loved it from the beginning. I have actually been thinking about watching the series again since it may have been enough time for me to forget enough to be enjoyable.

Agree with Keg as well. While it's different, it's on par with BSG. If you would have asked me before the recent BSG I would have probably said Farscape was better.

unlurking
03-20-2009, 03:53 AM
One of the 3 best all time series (BSG, Farscape, Babylon 5).

Lzen
03-20-2009, 07:14 AM
One of the 3 best all time series (BSG, Farscape, Babylon 5).

I liked Babylon 5, too. If it's on par with those, I'm gonna have to check Netflix, I guess.

Crush
03-20-2009, 07:33 AM
The first four seasons of Babylon 5 were gold, Jerry, gold. However, the fifth season was meh.

I also agree that Farscape is brilliant. BK, find the time to watch that show now.

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
I was thinking Rollercoaster Tycoon.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 10:24 AM

If you say its as good as BSG I believe you.It did get cancelled early (scifi promised 5 seasons and cancelled it after 4), but as was mentioned, the miniseries (The Peacekeeper Wars) basically wrapped it up. They're in the process of producing 10 new webisodes of the series at the moment, but I don't believe they'll involve the original cast (but I'm not sure...).

It's a completely different type of show from BSG. Generally more lighthearted, although there's some darkness. Like BSG has what seem like throwaway dramatic episodes, Farscape occasionally has what seem like throwaway goofy episodes. It's a very character-driven show (don't take this to mean there isn't all kinds of cool shit onscreen...), and you'll come to care pretty deeply about them by the time the show ends. Many or most of the episodes are stand-alone, but there's a main arc that runs the entire series.

Just realize that there are muppets involved. I didn't watch the show the first two years it aired because of that. It was a mistake. Once you get past the idea that you're watching a show with ****ing muppets, you'll take it for what it is.

I'm not sure about the availability of DVDs. I actually recorded the entire series on VHS, which is one of the reasons I still have a VHS player...

Buck
03-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Maybe I'll see if I can find a torrent of the first couple episodes and see if I like it.

Luckily I have the day off work today...

kysirsoze
03-20-2009, 03:25 PM
I was thinking Rollercoaster Tycoon.

ROFL:clap:

unlurking
03-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Maybe I'll see if I can find a torrent of the first couple episodes and see if I like it.

Luckily I have the day off work today...
<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-21004400456396127&hl=en&fs=true" style="width: 400px; height: 326px;" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

Looks like you can stream all season one episodes here:
http://www.fancast.com/tv/Farscape/2000/full-episodes;jsessionid=801EF80940305AD4534E1039D0933E5C

Valiant
03-22-2009, 02:59 AM
It did get cancelled early (scifi promised 5 seasons and cancelled it after 4), but as was mentioned, the miniseries (The Peacekeeper Wars) basically wrapped it up. They're in the process of producing 10 new webisodes of the series at the moment, but I don't believe they'll involve the original cast (but I'm not sure...).

It's a completely different type of show from BSG. Generally more lighthearted, although there's some darkness. Like BSG has what seem like throwaway dramatic episodes, Farscape occasionally has what seem like throwaway goofy episodes. It's a very character-driven show (don't take this to mean there isn't all kinds of cool shit onscreen...), and you'll come to care pretty deeply about them by the time the show ends. Many or most of the episodes are stand-alone, but there's a main arc that runs the entire series.

Just realize that there are muppets involved. I didn't watch the show the first two years it aired because of that. It was a mistake. Once you get past the idea that you're watching a show with ****ing muppets, you'll take it for what it is.

I'm not sure about the availability of DVDs. I actually recorded the entire series on VHS, which is one of the reasons I still have a VHS player...

Sci Fi loves to cancel good tv series early, but yet for some reason wants to pump money into tons of worthless shows and made for tv movies with horrible special effects..