PDA

View Full Version : Life New home

Coach
03-21-2009, 04:12 PM
We (the wife and I) just got the keys from the bank on a foreclosed home that we bought way under it's value. We have been house hunting for quite some time, and we found a wonderful home out in the open area, west of KC. Today, we been outside, working on the landscaping, as there were alot of dead branches and some trees that needed to be removed.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Other/Our%20Brand%20New%20Home/

Deberg_1990
03-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Congrats man!

Thats a foreclosure? Looks very nice, almost brand new.

DaFace
03-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Congrats, man! Looks like a nice place. My wife would be jealous of your kitchen.

We close on our new place next Tuesday. I'm pumped.

Bowser
03-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Very nice, dude! Congrats!

Does the place have a sump pump?

MIAdragon
03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Nice!! That basement looks like prime man cave territory!

Bowser
03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Congrats, man! Looks like a nice place. My wife would be jealous of your kitchen.

And congrats to you!

I'm fucking jealous; I want to buy a new house in the worst way, but the wife grew DEEP roots here.....

Jilly
03-21-2009, 04:18 PM
congratulations! Looks like a really nice house.... I would love a new place as well, but...I believe it would be more beneficial for the husband to find a job first.

Skip Towne
03-21-2009, 04:22 PM
And congrats to you!

I'm fucking jealous; I want to buy a new house in the worst way, but the wife grew DEEP roots here.....

Aren't there any nice houses where you are?

Bowser
03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Aren't there any nice houses where you are?

Define "nice"....

Buehler445
03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Congrats Coach!!!

I want to buy a house sooo soooooooooo bad.

Any plans on finishing the basement?

DaFace
03-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Apologies in advance to Coach for the partial thread hijack, but here are a few pics of our new place. Kid toys not included.

http://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/57574/1/New%20House?h=2a2524

DaFace
03-21-2009, 04:35 PM
And congrats to you!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've lived in apartments for the past 8 years or so, so I have a LOT of motivation to get out!

Coach
03-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Congrats man!

Thats a foreclosure? Looks very nice, almost brand new.

Yes, it's a foreclosed home. Looked like someone only lived there at least no more than 2 months, tops. The furnance and the AC are both marked 2008, so yeah, I'd say it's pretty close to brand new home.

Coach
03-21-2009, 07:10 PM

Awesome. We also will be submitting a Form 1040X for the first time homebuyer credit.

Of course, I know that will take a while, so if anyone is submitting for a first time homebuyer credit, trust me on this, you'll be waiting for it for at least some time.

Coach
03-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Very nice, dude! Congrats!

Does the place have a sump pump?

Yes it does.

Coach
03-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Congrats Coach!!!

I want to buy a house sooo soooooooooo bad.

Any plans on finishing the basement?

Yep. Won't be right away. Probably will spend most of the time doing outdoors, landscaping and some painting in the interior. I would reckon during winter time, I would imagine that I will start on the basement. I will waterproof the concerete walls, and when I get ready to put up the framing, one side of the framing that is going towards the concrete wall, will have a plastic wrap around it, to prevent any moisture getting into the insulation. Not that there is anything wrong with it, of course, but it's always good to plan ahead in the future, when it comes to that.

Coach
03-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've lived in apartments for the past 8 years or so, so I have a LOT of motivation to get out!

4 years here, and I can relate. It gets old pretty damn quick when a neighbor gal upstairs has the nerve to use her fucking highheels clomping on the floor.

One time, it got annoying, I grabbed a broom, and started pounding at the ceiling where the air vents were at.

Buehler445
03-21-2009, 07:14 PM
So Face, does that have a basement in it also?

Coach
03-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Apologies in advance to Coach for the partial thread hijack, but here are a few pics of our new place. Kid toys not included.

Nah, it's all good. You plan on doing any work on there?

Buehler445
03-21-2009, 07:16 PM
4 years here, and I can relate. It gets old pretty damn quick when a neighbor gal upstairs has the nerve to use her fucking highheels clomping on the floor.

One time, it got annoying, I grabbed a broom, and started pounding at the ceiling where the air vents were at.

I'm a freaking giant, so I could punch the ceiling. Which I did more frequently than I should have....

I certainly don't miss apartments anymore.

DaFace
03-21-2009, 07:37 PM
So Face, does that have a basement in it also?
Yeah those last couple pics are in the basement. Its got a man cave room and a bedroom down there.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
03-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Nah, it's all good. You plan on doing any work on there?
Oh not much. Probably a lot of paint - especially the purple fireplace. Other than that its in pretty good shape for now.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
03-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Congrats to both of you.

Home ownership is a great thing.

58-4ever
03-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Yes it is... I love my pad.

Buehler445
03-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah those last couple pics are in the basement. Its got a man cave room and a bedroom down there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Huzzah! for Man Cave!

So what all is upstairs? A couple of bedrooms?

DaFace
03-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
03-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll be moving in a week from Monday :D

BWillie
03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Congrats. I am jealous. Every single damn house I'm interested in always has an offer on it, or is in back up, or theres something wrong with the foundation, or they won't accept my 4.75% FHA loan, or massive problems with the roof. I found two today that I would have bought today alone, one just had an offer pending and the other had a f*cked up roof. Always something.

Coach
03-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Congrats. I am jealous. Every single damn house I'm interested in always has an offer on it, or is in back up, or theres something wrong with the foundation, or they won't accept my 4.75% FHA loan, or massive problems with the roof. I found two today that I would have bought today alone, one just had an offer pending and the other had a f*cked up roof. Always something.

Honestly, 4.75 isn't gonna get you anywhere, to be honest with you. Realistically, if you can get a 5%, you're in good shape. That's just my opinion.

DaFace
03-21-2009, 10:21 PM
I'll be moving in a week from Monday :D

What's that? You're coming to help move me in a week from Monday? Awesome, thanks man! :p

DeezNutz
03-21-2009, 10:22 PM

Why is the roof the deal breaker? Just take that into consideration with the offer.

Foundation issues, on the other hand, I run from.

DaFace
03-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Why is the roof the deal breaker? Just take that into consideration with the offer.

We looked at one place that was a forclosure - there was a drop in the basement of about 2 inches across 6 feet where the ground underneath had settled. I ran away in a hurry.

Bugeater
03-21-2009, 10:26 PM

That half wall/half railing on the stairway is pretty trippy. Never seen anything like that before.

DeezNutz
03-21-2009, 10:28 PM
We looked at one place that was a forclosure - there was a drop in the basement of about 2 inches across 6 feet where the ground underneath had settled. I ran away in a hurry.

Wise choice.

That thing could have been a money pit.

Coach
03-21-2009, 11:13 PM

While foundation issues is very important, so is roof issues. Whenever you have a home inspection, make sure you tell the inspector that he is "REQUIRED" to check the attic to make sure there is no water stains on the lumber and such.

DeezNutz
03-21-2009, 11:28 PM
While foundation issues is very important, so is roof issues. Whenever you have a home inspection, make sure you tell the inspector that he is "REQUIRED" to check the attic to make sure there is no water stains on the lumber and such.

I agree with all this.

I'm just saying that a roof issue is easily correctable, assuming there hasn't been some long-standing problem that's fucked up other things.

DaneMcCloud
03-21-2009, 11:32 PM

Congrats!

DaneMcCloud
I agree with all this.

I'm just saying that a roof issue is easily correctable, assuming there hasn't been some long-standing problem that's ****ed up other things.

I wish that were true in California.

:(

FAX
Congratulations, Mr. Coach.

May you and Mrs. Coach make a happy life together in your new home. First things first. Be sure and have sex in every room. It is my opinion that this practice drives off any potential bad spirits and it's a lot more fun than having one of those dwarfish psychic ladies with the squeaky voices stink up the joint with incense.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
03-21-2009, 11:33 PM
We (the wife and I) just got the keys from the bank on a foreclosed home that we bought way under it's value. We have been house hunting for quite some time, and we found a wonderful home out in the open area, west of KC. Today, we been outside, working on the landscaping, as there were alot of dead branches and some trees that needed to be removed.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Other/Our%20Brand%20New%20Home/

Congrats, Dude.

Gonna hire Phobia to trick out your Man-Cave?

:D

Buehler445
03-21-2009, 11:46 PM
That half wall/half railing on the stairway is pretty trippy. Never seen anything like that before.

Really? I don't think it is all that uncommon.

Frazod
03-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Very nice. :thumb:

We just had the interior of our house painted, so it almost feels like a new house, since we went from white paint to different colors in every room. My Man Room now has blood red walls, and my bathroom is painted gold, which looks great with the Mizzou shower curtain and rug (the KU emblem in the toilet clashes, but it's supposed to :) ).

Buehler445
03-21-2009, 11:55 PM

We just had the interior of our house painted, so it almost feels like a new house, since we went from white paint to different colors in every room. My Man Room now has blood red walls, and my bathroom is painted gold, which looks great with the Mizzou shower curtain and rug (the KU emblem in the toilet clashes, but it's supposed to :) ).

ROFL Nice, Fraz

Frazod
03-22-2009, 12:00 AM
ROFL Nice, Fraz

The Bronco sticker needed replacing, and then I realized that at some point my hatred of Kansas had bypassed my hatred of Denver.

In my den I have a nice framed collage of stuff from the '07 KU/MU game, including the KC Star "No. 1 MU Beats KU" Border War edition they were passing out in the parking lot after the game, the Sports Illustrated cover, a picture of me and NZoner after the game and my ticket.

Bugeater
03-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Really? I don't think it is all that uncommon.
Apparently the trend hasn't caught on here yet. :shrug:

DeezNutz
03-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I wish that were true in California.

:(

Because of tile and the need for stronger support?

dj56dt58
03-22-2009, 09:03 AM
nice..what did you pay for it?

KC Jones
03-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Congrats!

:toast:

Coach
03-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Congrats, Dude.

Gonna hire Phobia to trick out your Man-Cave?

:D

Am thinking about it.

Coach
03-22-2009, 11:22 AM
nice..what did you pay for it?

Around 170.

Coach
03-22-2009, 11:23 AM

Yeah, that's what we will be needing to do, since all the walls are completely white, so I would imagine that painting will be a breeze.

Speaking of paint, what brand(s) would you recommend? Kwal's? Sherwin Williams? Or just some brand that you can get it from Wal-Mart? (This question pretty much applies to the planet)

Coach
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Looking back, I'm glad my paitence won out, since we were seriously considering buying a home last year, but I told the wife that let's just wait for one more year, as we could get her car paid off and other bills before we jump into the housing business. And the interest rate back then was close to what, 5.9%? So I'm going to safely assume 6%.

170,000 for 30 years with 6% = $1019.24 without taxes and insurance.
170,000 for 30 years with 5% = $912.60 without taxes and insurance.

Frazod
03-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah, that's what we will be needing to do, since all the walls are completely white, so I would imagine that painting will be a breeze.

Speaking of paint, what brand(s) would you recommend? Kwal's? Sherwin Williams? Or just some brand that you can get it from Wal-Mart? (This question pretty much applies to the planet)

Our painter used Behr, and I've heard several other handy people recommend that as well.

Coach
03-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Our painter used Behr, and I've heard several other handy people recommend that as well.

That's what I got as well. I know I worked with a Sherwin Williams, and it's pretty good as well.

Frazod
03-22-2009, 11:41 AM
It is amazing the difference adding different colors makes. I'm so glad we finally got around to doing it.

stlchiefs
03-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Around 170.

Man beautiful new house for that price. Where is the house located?

We are currently shopping in St. Louis and you can't get a house like that, especially for that price, unless you move across the river way out to BFE.

Coach
03-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Man beautiful new house for that price. Where is the house located?

We are currently shopping in St. Louis and you can't get a house like that, especially for that price, unless you move across the river way out to BFE.

Around the KS Speedway area in KCK.

Phobia
03-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Behr is a good brand to use in terms of durability. It's a little harder to work with.

The best value on the market is Kilz from Wal-Mart though. This according to Consumer Reports.

stevieray
03-22-2009, 03:01 PM
That's what I got as well. I know I worked with a Sherwin Williams, and it's pretty good as well.

Behr in a flat finsih is a good paint.

I've used Ben Moore for years...feel free to contact me for any questions regarding paint or finishes, custom or otherwise...

congrats, man, I remember that feeling...:clap:

Bowser
03-22-2009, 03:08 PM
So when's the kegger?

Coach
03-22-2009, 03:10 PM

I've used Ben Moore for years...feel free to contact me for any questions regarding paint or finishes, custom or otherwise...

congrats, man, I remember that feeling...:clap:

I might have you assist me on a custom finishing in the man cave at some point in the future....

Fish
03-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Looks nice bud. Well done.

macdawg
03-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I am loving the granite kitchen counter tops, the hardwood entry way, and the fact that it has been lived in only for 2 months and it has a furnace dated 2008.

Last night was my first night in my new Johnson county home, also a first time home buyer.

Congrats.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Because of tile and the need for stronger support?

We have a flat roof. It's brutal. The tile is a facade.

When we bought the house, we didn't know there were issues because, and I quote "It wasn't raining at the time of inspection". It's not legal to go up on the roof with a hose, either. So, we had issues our first winter in the home. It was either spend $10k on a new roof (we'd already spent in excess of a $100k in the first round of remodeling) or pay $500 for it to be "repaired". We chose the cheap route.

Just this past November, we had some massive rains and it flooded one of my wife's closets. The drywall was trashed. So, we went ahead and had a new roof installed the first week of December. The next rains came in February and it didn't leak in the closet. But guess where it did leak? In my 9 month old daughter's room. Buckets by the hour. Gallons and gallons of water. It ruined the ceiling and a ceiling fan.

The roofers came out 5 different times after that to repair whatever they missed. Finally on the 5th time, no leaking.

It was such a drag. All of the contractors I've ever spoken with say that flat roofs are the worst ever.

DeezNutz
03-22-2009, 05:39 PM

When we bought the house, we didn't know there were issues because, and I quote "It wasn't raining at the time of inspection". It's not legal to go up on the roof with a hose, either. So, we had issues our first winter in the home. It was either spend $10k on a new roof (we'd already spent in excess of a $100k in the first round of remodeling) or pay $500 for it to be "repaired". We chose the cheap route.

Just this past November, we had some massive rains and it flooded one of my wife's closets. The drywall was trashed. So, we went ahead and had a new roof installed the first week of December. The next rains came in February and it didn't leak in the closet. But guess where it did leak? In my 9 month old daughter's room. Buckets by the hour. Gallons and gallons of water. It ruined the ceiling and a ceiling fan.

The roofers came out 5 different times after that to repair whatever they missed. Finally on the 5th time, no leaking.

It was such a drag. All of the contractors I've ever spoken with say that flat roofs are the worst ever.

Damn, man. Sorry to hear it. Sounds like a royal pain in the ass, in addition to the cost.

One would like to think that the inspectors out there would be able to identify some warning signs with this type of roof, but maybe (and apparently) it's just one of those things that can't be avoided.

I bet you wanted to kick the shit out of some roofers by about the third trip to your house...

Bugeater
03-22-2009, 05:43 PM

If you have a Kwal near you I'd recommend their Premium One eggshell finish, I use that product for 90% of my interior jobs. Sherwin Williams is good but they are more expensive, not worth the extra $$$ IMO.

Bugeater
03-22-2009, 05:44 PM

NO NO NO Behr bad. Very bad.

Bwana
03-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Very cool, congrats dude.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Damn, man. Sorry to hear it. Sounds like a royal pain in the ass, in addition to the cost.

One would like to think that the inspectors out there would be able to identify some warning signs with this type of roof, but maybe (and apparently) it's just one of those things that can't be avoided.

I bet you wanted to kick the shit out of some roofers by about the third trip to your house...

LMAO

Thanks, Bro.

Actually Dude, I'm totally mellow in person. The roofers couldn't believe how nice I was about the whole thing. I learned a long, long time ago that getting mad doesn't accomplish anything, especially in regards to contractors. I've found that the nicer I treat them (even with screw-ups), the more likely they are to bend over backwards for me. The roofer pulled out his checkbook and compensated me for a new ceiling fan. He also sent over a contractor to repair the ceiling (and it came out great).

The roofer I hired was originally from Excelsior Springs, MO. I didn't find out until after we were chatting about the problems. Such a small world!

DeezNutz
03-22-2009, 06:03 PM
LMAO

Thanks, Bro.

Actually Dude, I'm totally mellow in person. The roofers couldn't believe how nice I was about the whole thing. I learned a long, long time ago that getting mad doesn't accomplish anything, especially in regards to contractors. I've found that the nicer I treat them (even with screw-ups), the more likely they are to bend over backwards for me. The roofer pulled out his checkbook and compensated me for a new ceiling fan. He also sent over a contractor to repair the ceiling (and it came out great).

The roofer I hired was originally from Excelsior Springs, MO. I didn't find out until after we were chatting about the problems. Such a small world!

I agree entirely with what you're saying. But, eventually, there's a breaking point.

Reminds me of a time I had to have some body work done on a car. Had to take the ****ing thing back 4 times. Prior to the last time, however, I had a chat with the owner of the dealership. Me: "At this point, I'm going to ask you point blank: Do you have someone here who is capable of doing the work and doing it correctly? Because at this point, the answer appears to be no, and I don't want to waste more time." And the work was done beautifully.

I can only imagine how aggravating it would be if this was happening at one's own house. Sounds like you did a great job of rolling with the punches.

1ChiefsDan
03-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Yep. Won't be right away. Probably will spend most of the time doing outdoors, landscaping and some painting in the interior. I would reckon during winter time, I would imagine that I will start on the basement. I will waterproof the concerete walls, and when I get ready to put up the framing, one side of the framing that is going towards the concrete wall, will have a plastic wrap around it, to prevent any moisture getting into the insulation. Not that there is anything wrong with it, of course, but it's always good to plan ahead in the future, when it comes to that.Don't wait too long to finish the basement. It's funny how life gets in the way. We've been in our house 5 years now - still haven't finished it. Really wish we had done it when we built the house.

stevieray
03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
NO NO NO Behr bad. Very bad.
:LOL:

isn't it funy...I only like their flat paint..and i don't like Kwall that much...

...sherwin williams..meh.. okay paint..but don't like their prices or employess..

started out with glidden right before it went to ICI

Bugeater
03-22-2009, 06:36 PM
:LOL:

isn't it funy...I only like their flat paint..and i don't like Kwall that much...

...sherwin williams..meh.. okay paint..but don't like their prices or employess..

started out with glidden right before it went to ICI
I dont know if you've ever heard of Sophir Morris, but I've primarily used their paints for over 15 years. They were bought out by Kwal a few years ago, and that eggshell is actually a SM carryover, it's a very good paint. I've never had a problem with Behr's exterior paint, but their interior paint I've had troubles with more than once.

And yes, SW employees are annoying, they will always try to sell you the most expensive product possible, even if something cheaper will do. My boss falls for that shit all the time, and all I can do is shake my head.

Coach
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
I am loving the granite kitchen counter tops, the hardwood entry way, and the fact that it has been lived in only for 2 months and it has a furnace dated 2008.

Last night was my first night in my new Johnson county home, also a first time home buyer.

Congrats.

Thanks. I think what we plan on doing sometime in the future is to replace the carpet with matching (Hopefully if they got any somwhere) wood floors. I guess the 1/2 hard floor / 1/2 carpet in the living room don't mesh well with me. :shrug:

Coach
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM

That's why it's important to have a inspector go up there and take pictures to see if there is any damages. I was obsessed about that when the inspector came, because I do not want to get stuck in a situation where I have to shit money out of my ass to fix the damn roof, where it could have been prevented in the first place.

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2009, 03:08 PM
That's why it's important to have a inspector go up there and take pictures to see if there is any damages. I was obsessed about that when the inspector came, because I do not want to get stuck in a situation where I have to shit money out of my ass to fix the damn roof, where it could have been prevented in the first place.

This was back in 2003. We hired a very good inspection company but with a flat roof, it's really difficult to tell if there are any cracks that leak because there are seams everywhere. It really needs to be raining at the time of inspection to be positive and they won't allow a hose to be sprayed on the roof.

Our ductwork is also exposed on the roof and for nearly a year, we had scorpions entering the house (one stung my foot - PAIN!). Turns out, the ducts weren't properly sealed. Once that was done, no more scorpions.

The houses in my area are much different than typical homes. It's cool but it can also suck.

Rain Man
03-23-2009, 03:20 PM
I just looked at the pictures. Isn't that the old Blake place where some psycho murdered the whole family and stole nothing but the house keys?

Coach
03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
This was back in 2003. We hired a very good inspection company but with a flat roof, it's really difficult to tell if there are any cracks that leak because there are seams everywhere. It really needs to be raining at the time of inspection to be positive and they won't allow a hose to be sprayed on the roof.
Our ductwork is also exposed on the roof and for nearly a year, we had scorpions entering the house (one stung my foot - PAIN!). Turns out, the ducts weren't properly sealed. Once that was done, no more scorpions.

The houses in my area are much different than typical homes. It's cool but it can also suck.

That's probably the most dumbest thing I ever heard of. If they were that good, they would have allowed that to be sprayed to determine if there was a leak or not.

stevieray
03-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I might have you assist me on a custom finishing in the man cave at some point in the future....

:clap:

let me know..

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2009, 03:27 PM
That's probably the most dumbest thing I ever heard of. If they were that good, they would have allowed that to be sprayed to determine if there was a leak or not.

What I'm saying is that it's not legal.

Inspectors aren't allowed to go up on roofs and spray water to check for leaks.

Buehler445
03-23-2009, 03:27 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck scorpions.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Posted via Mobile Device.

Buehler445
03-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

bogey
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes, it's a foreclosed home. Looked like someone only lived there at least no more than 2 months, tops. The furnance and the AC are both marked 2008, so yeah, I'd say it's pretty close to brand new home.

Roughly how much did you pay?

Coach
03-24-2009, 05:41 AM
Roughly how much did you pay?

MahiMike
03-24-2009, 06:36 AM
Good job. Lotsa great deals out there. Time to upgrade.

BigRedChief
03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
So you are partially responsible for the 5% jump in home sales huh?

congrats on the new diggs!

Coach
03-24-2009, 04:02 PM
So you are partially responsible for the 5% jump in home sales huh?

congrats on the new diggs!

Heh, I suppose you can say that. What can I say? It was a good price for that home in the neighborhood, combined with the 5% rate, and the First Time Homebuyer Credit.

bobbymitch
03-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Coach - congrats on the new digs. I concur, if you are going to do the man cave thing, do it asap. We've been ours for ~12 years and never got around to the basement. Now, we are getting ready to sell it. Don't know where the time went. Obviously, life got in the way.

mlyonsd
03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Nice job Coach. Congrats.

Coach
03-28-2009, 07:30 PM

Looks like we bought the Behr, and so far, it's turning out pretty nicely.

Bugeater
03-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Ugh, Behr is one of the few brands I've had trouble with.

Mojo Rising
03-28-2009, 09:54 PM

Did the prior owners mention this in the disclosures? Is there any evidence that this was a prior issue in the ceiling or walls?

If there was you should be able to go after them (I think you have 3 years in CA.)

I have a flat roof on the house I am trying to sell in SF. I paid extra to remove 3 layers (the limit) of tar/gravel roofs and put in a bitumen roof. The more layers of roof, the more chances that moisture seeps beteen the layers.

Didn't you post pics of a crane installing a couple of ac units on your roof? Maybe that was the culprit?

Coach
03-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Ugh, Behr is one of the few brands I've had trouble with.

Specifically, what did you had trouble with exactly, on Behr?