PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Kings

Sully
03-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Anyone catch this last week?

I was very impressed with the opening two hours. I hope it can keep my interest.

DaKCMan AP
03-22-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm enjoying this show and Allison Miller, who plays the King's daughter, is smoking!

SCChief
03-23-2009, 05:09 AM
I finally got to watch last night's episode, and I am intrigued. I wonder how closely they will follow the Bible on this.

unlurking
03-23-2009, 05:36 AM
I finally got to watch last night's episode, and I am intrigued. I wonder how closely they will follow the Bible on this.
OK, always FF through the commercials. What's the premise of the show?

SCChief
03-23-2009, 06:46 AM
OK, always FF through the commercials. What's the premise of the show?

It is essentially looking like a retelling of the Book of Kings (King Solomon, David and Goliath, King David, etc.) set in an alternate America which is a kingdom. It is an interesting premise.

ChiefsFanatic
03-23-2009, 10:55 PM
It is essentially looking like a retelling of the Book of Kings (King Solomon, David and Goliath, King David, etc.) set in an alternate America which is a kingdom. It is an interesting premise.

It is really pretty good. Too bad it is probably over the heads of too many people.

Discuss Thrower
03-23-2009, 11:19 PM
It is really pretty good. Too bad it is probably over the heads of too many people.

I was afraid of castigation if I started a thread on this show. I thought the pilot was great (outside of the battle scene, suspension of disbelief = out the window) and I missed the first half of Sunday's ep due to noise... I think they need to beef up David as a strong character rather than one under the aegis of God. It's all fine and dandy if they go the supernatural route, but a deeper character can be had if you allow his actions to succeed through by "luck" or "divine intervention" or through his own motivations and strength and leaving it up to the viewer as to which reason is at play.

patteeu
05-14-2010, 07:07 AM
About this series, I knew nothing when I ordered it from netflix. Impressed I am, now that I've watched it. Leaves me wanting more.

I liked the characters (particularly the King, the Queen, and the Reverand), I liked the alt reality concept, I liked the palace intrigue, and I loved the speech patterns. It's a shame it was cancelled, but they wrapped it up pretty well under the circumstances.

I didn't even know it was based on the story of David in the bible until I'd finished it.

A hottie, the princess was indeed.

tymania
05-14-2010, 07:14 AM
very sad indeed that this show got canceled... i really liked this show, very good show!

DaKCMan AP
05-14-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm enjoying this show and Allison Miller, who plays the King's daughter, is smoking!

Awesome insight.

patteeu
05-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Awesome insight.

There's no denying the accuracy of your observation. I'm not sure insight is the right word for it though. Even her left-wing political agitations couldn't hide her attractiveness from me. :)

http://brandnewderrick.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/kings24.jpg

DaKCMan AP
05-14-2010, 07:38 AM
There's no denying the accuracy of your observation. I'm not sure insight is the right word for it though.

I had a clear, deep perception of the situation. ;)

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Premiere+Warner+Bros+17+Again+Arrivals+5xn7f4GOmbel.jpg