PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Whitlock: KU sucks

Mr. Krab
03-23-2009, 08:58 AM
JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY

KU ready to beat Michigan State? I don’t think so

MINNEAPOLIS | It would be a shame if Kansas basketball players and their relatively small contingent of traveling fans left the Metrodome believing the Jayhawks proved this weekend they’re ready for a rematch against Michigan State.

“Sadly mistaken” doesn’t do justice to how little the Hawks demonstrated in advancing to the NCAA Tournament’s Sweet Sixteen with victories over North Dakota State and Dayton.

We already established that Friday’s 10-point victory over the Bison was a product of a ridiculous strategic error by North Dakota State coach Saul Phillips.

Sunday’s 60-43 laugher over the Dayton Flyers simply confirmed what I’ve always believed about the unfairness of the Big Dance. Thanks to a flawed seeding process and a horrendous, first-round performance by Bob Huggins’ West Virginia Mountaineers, the third-seeded Jayhawks were blessed with the privilege of playing the most unskilled team left in the tournament.

Honestly, I played on and coached better-shooting intramural teams in college than the 2008-09 Dayton Flyers.

Dayton, the runner-up in the Atlantic 10, might be on par with Colorado, the last-place team in the Big 12. Yes, in November Dayton beat Auburn and Marquette on back-to-back nights. November is college basketball’s exhibition season. The results shouldn’t count.

I’ve never seen anything as pathetic as Dayton’s offense. On Saturday, I spent much of the afternoon wondering how Chris Wright, a big-time recruit, landed at Dayton. Sunday he provided an answer. He can’t finish at the rim, in the paint or on the perimeter. He’s Kansas State’s Dominique Sutton without the defensive intensity.

Wright is so raw that a vegan would put him in the microwave.
The Flyers shot 22 percent from the field.

Yeah, you can delude yourself into thinking Kansas played amazing defense. Not true. The Flyers hurled themselves into the lane and threw up shots into the outstretched arms of Cole Aldrich, who recorded what is believed to be the third triple-double in Kansas history.

Young McHale scored 13 points, snagged 20 rebounds and rejected 10 shots. I love Young McHale. If he stays in college four years, he’ll likely be one of the 10 best players in Kansas history and have a chance to be a Young Bill Walton, the last great white NBA center.

After offering that bit of context, let me say emphatically that Aldrich’s triple-double on Sunday was the least impressive I’ve had the pleasure to witness. The Flyers missed so many damn shots that $weet Lew Perkins was credited with five boards. Every time Wright sailed into the lane he gently placed the ball in Aldrich’s hands. Some of Aldrich’s blocks should have been scored as steals.

The truth is Kansas played poorly on Sunday. Oh, the Cole and Collins Show performed to rave reviews. Sherron Collins knocked down 11 of 19 shots, scored 25 points, snatched seven rebounds and avoided a turnover. Mario Little turned in an efficient 16 minutes, hitting three of four shots and hauling in six boards.

The rest of the Hawks were worthless.

Brady Morningstar and Tyrel Reed missed eight of their nine three-point attempts. Tyshawn Taylor was a turnover machine (six). The Morris Twins combined for two points and five rebounds in 31 minutes.

The Jayhawks turned the ball over 17 times, missed half of their 22 free-throw attempts and 13 of 16 three-point shots.

Dayton is the only team that played on Sunday that would have lost to Kansas.

The Cole and Collins Show won’t beat Michigan State on Friday.
The second-seeded Spartans, who spanked Kansas in January, looked like a national-title threat on Sunday in their close victory over a highly skilled Southern California squad. Michigan State looks better when it plays outside the Big Ten — all the Big Ten teams do. The style of play in the conference is so physical that the teams beat each other up and look bad doing it.

Against USC, an unfamiliar opponent, the Spartans appeared athletic, smooth and tough. They looked a lot better than Kansas.
So did the Missouri Tigers, who slipped past Marquette in the West Regional.

Are you getting the picture?

Good teams were tested this weekend and passed those tests. The Jayhawks have yet to be pushed.

There’s no reason for the Jayhawks or their fans to get cocky. There’s no reason to believe the Hawks can beat Michigan State.

blaise
03-23-2009, 09:05 AM
I thought it was a bit hyperbolic when Bob Davis said, during the Dayton game: I can state, without hyperbole, that KU would beat the original Dream Team 400-16.

Spicy McHaggis
03-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I thought it was a bit hyperbolic when Bob Davis said, during the Dayton game: I can state, without hyperbole, that KU would beat the original Dream Team 400-16.

The 16 would come with the walk-ons on the floor.

gblowfish
03-23-2009, 09:08 AM
The only thing Fatlock is starving for is attention.

Lzen
03-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Morningstar has two jobs. Play good defense and make 3 pointers. He failed yesterday. I counted at least 3 or 4 wide open treys that he bricked. He played like crap yesterday.

Reed missed a couple treys but also made one and he did well in other areas such as boxing out and FTs. So, I would give him a pass.

In the end, it all comes down to this. KU did what they had to do. Survive and advance. This column makes some good points but is a little over the top. I'll bet Whitlock is just trying to fire up the players that didn't play well.

Buehler445
03-23-2009, 09:14 AM
What a dumbass article. First the stratigic FAIL as on KUs part, not NDSU by not throwing the ball to Aldrich every time, no matter what.

Second, pretty much all he siad is that KU had a bad game and Dayton sucks. I think any rational fan would admit as much.

Will they lose Friday? I'm thinking so. I said as much the first time I saw the bracket. But to say that KU doesn't deserve to be on the same floorr as MSU is a reach. Unless all he's saying is that they weren't really tested. If that's the point, so fucking what?
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
The Dayton game was boring outside Cole and Sherron's game, KU's role players didn't play well. That game should have been a 30+ pt blowout as horrible shooting team Dayton was. There are a lot of teams that would have lost to NDSU that day. They shot well.

This is no surprise though, Whitlock loves to bash Kansas this time of year.

Rooster
Blah Blah Blah Please look at Whitlock Blah Blah Blah

Messier
03-23-2009, 09:19 AM
I was going to bash Whitlock but this is just his thing. He knows things like this will anger KU fans, he counts on it, and he wants to sit back and read his angry e-mails and laugh.

DaWolf
03-23-2009, 09:23 AM
In the end, it all comes down to this. KU did what they had to do. Survive and advance. This column makes some good points but is a little over the top. I'll bet Whitlock is just trying to fire up the players that didn't play well.

It's like last year, KU plays well enough to lose against Davidson, survives, and then spanks NC the next week. You never know what team is going to show up in the tourney. Most teams that win the title have at least one tourney game that they struggle in. Now let's hope that KU brings their A game against Michigan State, because that's no easy task.

But end of the day, this only goes to show what a great coach Bill Self is. This Kansas team under most other coaches probably would not have won the Big XII and made the Sweet 16...

Spicy McHaggis
03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
The Dayton game was boring outside Cole and Sherron's game, KU's role players didn't play well. That game should have been a 30+ pt blowout as horrible shooting team Dayton was. There are a lot of teams that would have lost to NDSU that day. They shot well.

This is no surprise though, Whitlock loves to bash Kansas this time of year.

So on the other side of the coin one could say that KU is capable of winning in the tournament without assistance from their role players because they have two great players in Collins and Aldrich.

It's all how you spin it.

Sully
03-23-2009, 09:32 AM

Friday I was listening to the broadcast, and he said,
"Sherron Collins is literally carrying the Jayhawks right now."

I nearly exploded a blood vessel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 09:36 AM
ROFL Ouch!

Ceej
03-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Here's hoping Sherron/Cole and the boys can prove Fatty McNasty wrong! Chyeahhh!!

petegz28
03-23-2009, 09:45 AM

WHAT? He seriously said that?

CoMoChief
03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
So on the other side of the coin one could say that KU is capable of winning in the tournament without assistance from their role players because they have two great players in Collins and Aldrich.

It's all how you spin it.

This is an attention whore article. Nothing more. He writes this shit this time of year to piss people off.

thumper118
03-23-2009, 09:58 AM
He is a fat blubbering mess.

Skip Towne
03-23-2009, 10:05 AM
We need a pic of that fat fuck lying on the couch. Anyone?

blaise
03-23-2009, 10:06 AM
We need a pic of that fat **** lying on the couch. Anyone?

Just search "Whitlock" on Deadspin.com. It's the photo they always use when they write a story about him.

http://deadspin.com/385128/media-approval-ratings-jason-whitlock

Stewie
03-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Honestly, I played on and coached better-shooting intramural teams in college than the 2008-09 Dayton Flyers.

It's stuff like this that makes one wonder how much JWhit fools himself when it comes to personal experiences in athletics.

boogblaster
03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Whitty needs attention, he's a joke at home ... that said, yes this KU team isnt as good as last year, but they still got there ...

jidar
03-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Friday I was listening to the broadcast, and he said,
"Sherron Collins is literally carrying the Jayhawks right now."

I nearly exploded a blood vessel.

literally
I knew he was strong, but damn

kysirsoze
03-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Just search "Whitlock" on Deadspin.com. It's the photo they always use when they write a story about him.

http://deadspin.com/385128/media-approval-ratings-jason-whitlock

LMAO

kysirsoze
03-23-2009, 11:06 AM
About this time last year he was writing an article about how he wished Davidson had beaten us because KU was the big bad goliath beating up on the most inspiring team in the tournament. What an annoying douche. I mean lets be honest, KC area sports don't get a lot of shots at championships. So by all means, we should rip apart the one franchise that actually comes through.

For the record, I don't think they'll make the EE. I just don't know that it merited a whole column to chronicle how much they suck.

DJJasonp
03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Young McHale scored 13 points, snagged 20 rebounds and rejected 10 shots. I love Young McHale. If he stays in college four years, he’ll likely be one of the 10 best players in Kansas history and have a chance to be a Young Bill Walton, the last great white NBA center.

Whitlock used a color prefix to describe an athlete in an article again????

Shocking!!!!

ROYC75
03-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Bulletin Board material...... Thanks Jason.

Fish
03-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Bulletin Board material...... Thanks Jason.

Why would the Jayhawks care what he says?

Boon
03-23-2009, 11:42 AM
The fat slob needs to stuff some Gates in his pie-hole and STFU.
I really wish he'd take a job in another part of the country.
His shit is old and tired around these parts.

KCCHIEFS27
03-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Haha..he probably played on a co-ed intramural team..AND why would anyone want to coach an intramural team? That's just lame. But, I do have to say, he's going out on a limb by saying the Jayhawks are a two-man offensive team right now. I'll have to give him the credit he deserves for unveiling that unknown fact.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 12:01 PM
For once, Whitlock is pumping out some fine journalism today!

Reerun_KC
03-23-2009, 12:39 PM
For once, Whitlock is pumping out some fine journalism today!

And you would be crying like a $2 bitch if he said this about MU.... Dude, seriously! I see what your trying to do, be a better person for a change...

Buehler445
03-23-2009, 12:42 PM
$2 bitch!! Reerun bringing out the big guns early.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
And you would be crying like a $2 bitch if he said this about MU.... Dude, seriously! I see what your trying to do, be a better person for a change...

Oh jesus, lighten up. You guys get SO fucking wound up about basketball, how do you expect to NOT take some flak?

Seriously, you treat KU B-ball like it was your first-born, and like somebody kicked your dog "Mavis" when someone throws some smack your way.

Reerun_KC
03-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Oh jesus, lighten up. You guys get SO ****ing wound up about basketball, how do you expect to NOT take some flak?

Seriously, you treat KU B-ball like it was your first-born, and like somebody kicked your dog "Mavis" when someone throws some smack your way.

:rolleyes:

Mecca
03-23-2009, 12:46 PM
It's funny to see people get so upset, when that was by far the most boring game of the weekend.

Pants
03-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh jesus, lighten up. You guys get SO ****ing wound up about basketball, how do you expect to NOT take some flak?

OK, sit down. Now imagine the Chiefs were a powerhouse team year in and year out and won the Superbowl last year. Now imagine some raider fans, whose team has been sucking asscock for eternity, coming here and talking shit on your team. You would try to defend your beloved team, no? You're that dumbass raider fan.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Why would the Jayhawks care what he says?

I'm sure the Jayhawk's don't give a shit. Jayhawk fans on the other hand....

Brock
03-23-2009, 12:52 PM
It's funny to see people get so upset, when that was by far the most boring game of the weekend.

Are you posting in this thread just to post? Because you didn't say anything that had anything to do with anything.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
OK, sit down. Now imagine the Chiefs were a powerhouse team year in and year out and won the Superbowl last year. Now imagine some raider fans, whose team has been sucking asscock for eternity, coming here and talking shit on your team. You would try to defend your beloved team, no? You're that dumbass raider fan.

Are you done weeping now?

Pants
03-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Are you done weeping now?

Are you done being delusional? Oh wait, never mind.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 12:56 PM

You do realize that the Chiefs are a Missouri team, right?

Bad analogy, dumbass.

petegz28
03-23-2009, 12:58 PM

KU fans get bent anytime someone doesn't kiss ass to their B-ball team. They looked like poo against a team that couldn't score if their lives depended on it and they don't want to hear it.

Pants
03-23-2009, 01:01 PM
You do realize that the Chiefs are a Missouri team, right?

Bad analogy, dumbass.

That wasn't the point, dumbass. I was trying to show him what it would feel like, since he obviously has no idea.

petegz28
03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
That wasn't the point, dumbass. I was trying to show him what it would feel like, since he obviously has no idea.

Dude, this is college. This is not the same KU team as last year, not even close.

Pants
03-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Dude, this is college. This is not the same KU team as last year, not even close.

Of course it isn't. Yet we still won the B12 and are now in the SS. Like I said, year in and year out.

Reerun_KC
03-23-2009, 01:05 PM

Yep and this team is going deep in the tourney as young as they are, regardless of play...

Now if they were upperclassman loaded like MU is, anything other than a FF would be a failure...

Frazod
03-23-2009, 01:21 PM

Just like you have no idea what it must be like to live in a state that actually rates professional sports teams.

You might as well root for the Broncos and the Rockies. LMAO

Pants
03-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Just like you have no idea what it must be like to live in a state that actually rates professional sports teams.

You might as well root for the Broncos and the Rockies. LMAO

I live in the greater Kansas City (Kansas City Chiefs). You live in Chicago, why don't go cheer for the Bears, dumbass. What kind of fan cheers for the Cardinals and the Chiefs, pick a city and stick with it. You're a less knowledgeable CoMoChief of professional sports, grats.

blaise
03-23-2009, 01:28 PM
KU fans do rate pretty high on the crybaby list nationwide. Ohio State, Texas, KU are all right up there.

Buehler445
03-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Dude ebery team has crybaby fans. Even misery.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Dude ebery team has crybaby fans. Even misery.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know. College fans of any school are generally way too reactionary and defensive. I'm just saying, from personal experience living in various parts of the country, KU fans are up near the top. I didn't go to a Big 12 school, I'm not from here. I really don't have anything against KU. I'm just telling you what it seems like to me. Texas fans were/are probably worse though.

HemiEd
03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Bill Walton, the last great white NBA center.

racist

Sully
03-23-2009, 01:41 PM
KU fans do rate pretty high on the crybaby list nationwide. Ohio State, Texas, KU are all right up there.

St Louis Blues fans...

...far and away the worst ever.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 01:42 PM
I live in the greater Kansas City (Kansas City Chiefs). You live in Chicago, why don't go cheer for the Bears, dumbass. What kind of fan cheers for the Cardinals and the Chiefs, pick a city and stick with it. You're a less knowledgeable CoMoChief of professional sports, grats.

Pick a city? At least Missouri has cities. Who gives a shit where I live now. I grew up in Missouri, a state with five professional sports teams. How many professional sports teams do you have in Kansas, fucktard? Perhaps you should find a NASCAR board to infest, that's definitely more your speed.

And I guess if I was from Kansas, I would adopt Chicago teams, since I had none of my own previously.

Pants
03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Pick a city? At least Missouri has cities. Who gives a shit where I live now. I grew up in Missouri, a state with five professional sports teams. How many professional sports teams do you have in Kansas, ****tard? Perhaps you should find a NASCAR board to infest, that's definitely more your speed.

Too bad it's not the Missouri Chiefs, Missouri Royals, Missouri Cardinals or Missouri anything else, they're based on cities, dumb****. If you want to go by states you look at schools, you know like Kansas Jayhawks or Missouri Tigers... You fail.

Oh and Missouri has only 2 cities AND THOSE ARE SHARED with other states. So in fact, there really aren't any Missouri cities worth mentioning.

ArrowheadHawk
03-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Pick a city? At least Missouri has cities. Who gives a shit where I live now. I grew up in Missouri, a state with five professional sports teams. How many professional sports teams do you have in Kansas, ****tard? Perhaps you should find a NASCAR board to infest, that's definitely more your speed.

And I guess if I was from Kansas, I would adopt Chicago teams, since I had none of my own previously.Time and again you prove me right.

Brock
03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
You'd think a state with all that super duper stuff would be able to do better than just be competitive with little old Kansas. They must run their universities the way they do their cities.

petegz28
03-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Yep and this team is going deep in the tourney as young as they are, regardless of play...

Now if they were upperclassman loaded like MU is, anything other than a FF would be a failure...

So now you are comparing KU's recruits to MU's? GTFO

Frazod
03-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Too bad it's not the Missouri Chiefs, Missouri Royals, Missouri Cardinals or Missouri anything else, they're based on cities, dumb****. If you want to go by states you look at schools, you know like Kansas Jayhawks or Missouri Tigers... You fail.

Oh and Missouri has only 2 cities AND THOSE ARE SHARED with other states. So in fact, there really aren't any Missouri cities worth mentioning.

But see, you're wrong. All of these teams ARE MISSOURI TEAMS. Unless somebody relocated Arrowhead across the border and it didn't make the news, that is a 100% undeniable fact.

I understand you're butthurt. I understand your eternal inferiority complex, and how it's made you such a vile, raving douche. It is certainly well deserved.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Time and again you prove me right.

Well, I've always said that you're a douchy little troll, and if you agree, then yes, you are definitely right.

Reerun_KC
03-23-2009, 02:06 PM

And I guess if I was from Kansas, I would adopt Chicago teams, since I had none of my own previously.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/hansborough-and-paulus.jpg

Frazod
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/hansborough-and-paulus.jpg

LMAO

Pants
03-23-2009, 02:09 PM
But see, you're wrong. All of these teams ARE MISSOURI TEAMS. Unless somebody relocated Arrowhead across the border and it didn't make the news, that is a 100% undeniable fact.

I understand you're butthurt. I understand your eternal inferiority complex, and how it's made you such a vile, raving douche. It is certainly well deserved.

Like I said, I live in Kansas City, so I cheer for the Kansas City Chiefs, I don't care if they're across the line on the shitty side of the city, it's still my city. That's how I base my loyalty.

And I really don't care how many teams your shitty state has, that fact has never bothered me, by that criteria, Ohio would be one of the best states and I sure as fuck don't give a shit about it.

I'll be happy with my Chiefs and Jayhawks and any NFL/NBA franchise that might make its way to Kansas City.

And you're still a less knowledgeable CoMoChief of professional sports and the one that is always somehow butthurt popping all kinds of veins. Talk about an eternal inferiority complex, lol.

ArrowheadHawk
03-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, I've always said that you're a douchy little troll, and if you agree, then yes, you are definitely right.I'm not the one acting like a douche.

CoMoChief
03-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Like I said, I live in Kansas City, so I cheer for the Kansas City Chiefs, I don't care if they're across the line on the shitty side of the city, it's still my city. That's how I base my loyalty.

And I really don't care how many teams your shitty state has, that fact has never bothered me, by that criteria, Ohio would be one of the best states and I sure as **** don't give a shit about it.

I'll be happy with my Chiefs and Jayhawks and any NFL/NBA franchise that might make its way to Kansas City.

And you're still a less knowledgeable CoMoChief of professional sports and the one that is always somehow butthurt popping all kinds of veins. Talk about an eternal inferiority complex, lol.

You sir......are a dumbass

Pants
03-23-2009, 02:19 PM
You sir......are a dumbass

Why, because I didn't cheer for MU football when they were good, while cheering for KU bball?

CoMoChief
03-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm not the one acting like a douche.

Frazod is just a fat pudgy little shit anyways. fuckin nerd.

CoMoChief
03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Why, because I didn't cheer for MU football when they were good, while cheering for KU bball?

I just said MU was better than KU in football. And little sissies like you would get your little man thong tied in a knot.

Pants
03-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I just said MU was better than KU in football. And little sissies like you would get your little man thong tied in a knot.

Is that why you attended MU football games? You're from CoMo, FFS.

KC_Connection
03-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I can't read anything Whitlock writes about basketball. He knows absolutely nothing about the sport.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Frazod is just a fat pudgy little shit anyways. fuckin nerd.

Aww, HoMo doesn't like me. Too bad.

Like I care about the opinion of some idiot who lives in Columbia and hates MU, but of course that doesn't stop him from name-dropping about all the MU players he runs into in a pathetic attempt to appear cool on the intraweb. Nobody really cares that you fetched Chase Coffman a drink last night, sweetie.

About the only think KU and MU fans can agree on is that you are a fucking dumbass, and none of us want to claim you. Perhaps you should create a new login and become a Gooner fan.

CoMoChief
03-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Aww, HoMo doesn't like me. Too bad.

Like I care about the opinion of some idiot who lives in Columbia and hates MU, but of course that doesn't stop him from name-dropping about all the MU players he runs into in a pathetic attempt to appear cool on the intraweb. Nobody really cares that you fetched Chase Coffman a drink last night, sweetie.

About the only think KU and MU fans can agree on is that you are a ****ing dumbass, and none of us want to claim you. Perhaps you should create a new login and become a Gooner fan.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL You pudgy lil fuck that all you got? Fetching Chase Coffman a drink???? ROFL When in the fuck have I ever said that?

FACT: MU players are out at bars alllllllll the time. I mention it when it comes up in discussion you pathetic fuck

Coach
03-23-2009, 02:44 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL You pudgy lil fuck that all you got? Fetching Chase Coffman a drink???? ROFL When in the fuck have I ever said that?

FACT: MU players are out at bars alllllllll the time. I mention it when it comes up in discussion you pathetic fuck

Well, with that argument, so is KU players are going out in bars.

Remember J.R. Giddens?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-23-2009, 02:50 PM
LMAO

stop it, or Cole will cry

http://www.cjonline.com/files/imagecache/story_slideshow_thumb/editorial/images/additional/73/CA2.jpg

Frazod
03-23-2009, 03:02 PM

Do you stare at his junk in men's room, too?

That HoMoChief, he's just soooooooooooooooooooo cool. LMAO

Duck Dog
03-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Anyone who thinks Gates has the best BBQ in the world, is dumbass anyway. I'm surprised his over the top article didn't include any glancing blows about the age of the Hawks.

Reerun_KC
03-23-2009, 03:11 PM
stop it, or Cole will cry

http://www.cjonline.com/files/imagecache/story_slideshow_thumb/editorial/images/additional/73/CA2.jpg

I will raise you this.... And your fanboy Hansblow got owned...

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2008/04/06/370x278/ColeAldrich_80537535.jpg

Duck Dog
03-23-2009, 03:14 PM

:clap:

Spott
03-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Whitlock is a dumbass. WTF is there to complain about when you win a game by almost 20 points in the NCAA tournament? That comment at the end was weak, too. I don't give a shit if Whitlock thinks we looked better or not, I would much rather have been up 20 than having to worry my ass off when Marquette had the ball with 5 seconds left down by 2 points.

I can't believe this schmuck is even considered a journalist. He just writes garbage that he know will get attention, even if 90% of it is negative.

KC_Connection
03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
He just writes garbage that he know will get attention, even if 90% of it is negative.
This is true. But at least when he writes articles concerning football, he knows something about it. These basketball columns he throws out don't seem to make any sense.

There isn't much reason for KU fans to be thinking anything but positively right now. As long as Collins and Aldrich continue to play like they have, they will be a very tough team to knock out.

Pants
03-23-2009, 03:26 PM
This is true. But at least when he writes articles concerning football, he knows something about it. These basketball columns he throws out don't seem to make any sense.

There isn't much reason for KU fans to be thinking anything but positively right now. As long as Collins and Aldrich continue to play like they have, they will be a very tough team to knock out.

Morningstar and, to a lesser extent, Reed are also bound to get hot some time here, so that's a plus too. We'll see what happens with Mich St.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I will raise you this.... And your fanboy Hansblow got owned...

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2008/04/06/370x278/ColeAldrich_80537535.jpg

I will be so happy with Hansborough out of basketball....

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Wow! more of the Kansas City Chiefs arent even in KS shit talking? Really? How fucking pathetic is that?

How the holy hell does having a professional sports team in a BORDER CITY become the distinguishing mark of which state is better? Really who gives a fuck? If it is that big a damn deal to you perhaps you should petition the legislature in MO to change the name of Kansas City MO to Missouri City MO!

Damn I really wish I had no other problems than worrying about people cheering for a team that is not even their state.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Whitlock is a dumbass. WTF is there to complain about when you win a game by almost 20 points in the NCAA tournament? That comment at the end was weak, too. I don't give a shit if Whitlock thinks we looked better or not, I would much rather have been up 20 than having to worry my ass off when Marquette had the ball with 5 seconds left down by 2 points.

I can't believe this schmuck is even considered a journalist. He just writes garbage that he know will get attention, even if 90% of it is negative.

He really belongs chasing stories for the National Enquirer about aliens abducting Michael Jackson.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I will be so happy with Hansborough out of basketball....

BLASPHEMER!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM

ROFL He actually thinks KCK has something going on! It's true; the beaker's overall are the most defensive, butt-hurt hypocrites on this board, and I'm sure everywhere ELSE in life as well.
And you know what? FUCK their Sacred Cow; they need to sack up and give the Midol back to mom.

Wow! more of the Kansas City Chiefs arent even in KS shit talking? Really? How fucking pathetic is that?

How the holy hell does having a professional sports team in a BORDER CITY become the distinguishing mark of which state is better?

I don't need Arrowhead in Jackson County to prove which State is better. KCK and Johnson County are where Dreams, Individuality, and Culture go to die.

Stewie
03-23-2009, 03:46 PM
KCK and Johnson County are where Dreams, Individuality, and Culture go to die.

Envy is an ugly color.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Envy is an ugly color.

Yes, I was so envious of Kansas City Kansas, that I lived there for about, oh...................NEVER.

Stewie
03-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes, I was so envious of Kansas City Kansas, that I lived there for about, oh...................NEVER.

I see you draw conclusions about that which you do not know. Good luck in life.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 03:55 PM

Remember, Stooie thinks Kansas is the center of the universe. LMAO

Boon
03-23-2009, 03:59 PM

It isn't?

Frazod
03-23-2009, 04:01 PM
It isn't?

LMAO

Stewie
03-23-2009, 04:08 PM

I must admit I have a good life on this side of the border. No complaints. A nice house on a acre in JoCo with great schools and neighbors. And yes we cheer for the Chiefs. I don't see the Chiefs so much as a MO institution as a metro institution. We have all the fun of the games and good times without being duped into the ridiculous pro sport franchise tax.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 04:09 PM

Just because Hoyt Axton had a Pizza Hut commercial where he claimed that Oklahoma was "the cultural center of the universe", doesn't make THAT shit true either!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I must admit I have a good life on this side of the border. No complaints. A nice house on a acre in JoCo with great schools and neighbors. And yes we cheer for the Chiefs. I don't see the Chiefs so much as a MO institution as a metro institution. We have all the fun of the games and good times without being duped into the ridiculous pro sport franchise tax.

And no first crack at season tickets, and no revenue going to your State, and plenty of your cash going in to Jackson County Missouri's pocket.

We thank you for your patronage. :D

petegz28
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Anyone who thinks Gates has the best BBQ in the world, is dumbass anyway. I'm surprised his over the top article didn't include any glancing blows about the age of the Hawks.

Kiss my ass..Gates rocks.

hawkchief
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
And no first crack at season tickets, and no revenue going to your State, and plenty of your cash going in to Jackson County Missouri's pocket.

As hard as we try, KCMO still sucks ass. Great streets, great schools and a Mayor anyone should be proud of :shake: Without Johnson Countians, KCMO (and all of those who have relo'd to JOCO cuz KCMO sucks so bad) wouldn't have much, huh?

Reerun_KC
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM

How does that financially impact your monthly budget? Are you getting kick backs from the county?

IF not, then what does it matter?

Al Czervik
03-23-2009, 04:18 PM

Location has nothing to do with season tickets....
First come first serve.....

Boon
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Since this thread has drifted from a Whitlock sucks to a Kansas/Missouri sucks thread, I'd like to share a story with you about my last excursion to the "show me" state.

Somewhere east of Fort Scott on 54 I became acutely aware I was approaching the dreaded "Mizzery". Within minutes of the border all three kids shit their pants, the wife wanted to fuck, and I felt like stealing something. Almost like a scene from the Twighlight Zone.

Boyceofsummer
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I was most impressed with Dayton’s perimeter defense. They would have never been beat by a hot shooting 3pt. performance. KU on the other hand, has a history of losing to a hot shooting performance by opponents. Dayton was dreadful from outside. Whitlock should have bashed HCBS for not going zone the second half.

Don’t be surprised by KU this year. We all thought this would be dreadful early this season. Aldrich single handedly kept them in the game. However every rally by Dayton was sparked by ridiculous passes by Aldrich. I was pulling what little hair I have left out.

Bearcat
03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Readable thread or not... let's see who's posting on it...
<pre>
User Name Posts
Metrolike 10
frazod 10
Darth CarlSatan 8
Reetard_KC 6
CoMoChief 6
petegz28 5
blaise 4</pre>

Let me guess, 10 "Secondary sport"/"This is why Missouri is a better state than Kansas"/"Kneepads"... 8 "DUUUUUUHHHHHHRRRRRR"... some talk about football and basketball and why it's not necessary to be loyal to one school in both, and a shot at Sasha Kaun... and some "LMAO" and "ROFL" at the "DUUUUUUUHHHHHRRRRRR".

Kansas has lived up to their seed, which is more than I expected from such a young team.... then again, Dayton is as bad as Whitlock says, probably worse.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Kiss my ass..Gates rocks.

Fuckin-A.

As hard as we try, KCMO still sucks ass. Great streets, great schools and a Mayor anyone should be proud of :shake: Without Johnson Countians, KCMO (and all of those who have relo'd to JOCO cuz KCMO sucks so bad) wouldn't have much, huh?

I never missed 'em. We got along just fine when JOCO was a field and mule, and we'll keep on doing fine long after their pre-fab, cut and paste culture dies out.

tonyetony
03-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Somewhere east of Fort Scott on 54 I became acutely aware I was approaching the dreaded "Mizzery". Within minutes of the border all three kids shit their pants, the wife wanted to ****, and I felt like stealing something. Almost like a scene from the Twighlight Zone

Good Gawd that made me laugh hard enough for someone in the house to ask "are you ok?"

Stewie
03-23-2009, 04:36 PM

I don't choose where I live based on trivial matters like sports teams. I used to go to games, but haven't been for a long time. Eight games per year is not something that concerns me in the big scheme. Do I like it when the Chiefs win? Yep. Am I mad when they make stupid moves? Yep. Do I want my tax dollars going to billionaires? Nope.

I make choices based on what makes sense to me. Sports are way down the list when there are fifty other, more important things. Apparently there are others here that think having pro sports teams is the crown jewel. I differ from that opinion.

wild1
03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
this is pretty over the top. but you can't argue that KU had the easiest road to the sweet 16.

they have a chance to prove it against Michigan State, so everyone can see what they are made of

Frazod
03-23-2009, 05:47 PM

So in other words, when it comes to professional sports, you're fucking welfare scum. Cool. :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-23-2009, 06:09 PM
How does that financially impact your monthly budget? Are you getting kick backs from the county?

IF not, then what does it matter?

It's the prestige my friend, the prestige.

Since this thread has drifted from a Whitlock sucks to a Kansas/Missouri sucks thread, I'd like to share a story with you about my last excursion to the "show me" state.

Somewhere east of Fort Scott on 54 I became acutely aware I was approaching the dreaded "Mizzery". Within minutes of the border all three kids shit their pants, the wife wanted to fuck, and I felt like stealing something. Almost like a scene from the Twighlight Zone.

With the exception of your bowel-deficient spawn; it's called living!

Releasing yourself from the mediocre, Applebees, suburban Kansas humdrum, and embracing the moment like a true 1%-er.

Live!

So in other words, when it comes to professional sports, you're fucking welfare scum. Cool. :thumb:

ROFLROFLROFLROFL Fuck me, that was awesome!

Boon
03-23-2009, 06:37 PM
[/I][/B]Releasing yourself from the mediocre, Applebees, suburban Kansas humdrum, and embracing the moment like a true 1%-er.

Live!

Yeah, going to missouri. That's real living.

Crawl outta the basement once in a while darth dude.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-23-2009, 06:42 PM

If you think there are not people staying in Kansas side hotels and eating in Kansas side restaurants when they travel to KC to see the Chiefs play you are a dumbass.

Reerun_KC
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
It's the prestige my friend, the prestige.

With the exception of your bowel-deficient spawn; it's called living!

Releasing yourself from the mediocre, Applebees, suburban Kansas humdrum, and embracing the moment like a true 1%-er.

Live!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL **** me, that was awesome!

WOW, that is very juvenile.... But par for the course...

KCinNY
03-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Whitlock puts the line in the water and the KU fans swim at full speed to take the bait.

His formulaic columns are so sadly predictable.

He could have done the same article with MU, saying how they underperformed against a reeling Marquette squad, predicting a blowout loss to Memphis, etc.

His goal is to illicit an angry reaction, not to enlighten his readership.

Sad.

KcMizzou
03-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Whitlock puts the line in the water and the KU fans swim at full speed to take the bait.

His formulaic columns are so sadly predictable.

He could have done the same article with MU, saying how they underperformed against a reeling Marquette squad, predicting a blowout loss to Memphis, etc.

His goal is to illicit an angry reaction, not to enlighten his readership.

Sad.He probably figures Mizzou fans are more likely to be satisfied and surprised with their (our) season to this point. Hell, we're all surprised.

KU fans are (admittedly) used to a higher level of success, and there are more of them in his market.