PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Help, please! (Traffic) Accident Report

bowener
03-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Problem solved. Thanks!

I need some help filling out an accident report.

The accident happened on Swope Parkway in KC last May.

The MO License Bureau just sent me this ****ing report (10 months after the crash) and told me I have (4 days) to fill it out (perfectly) otherwise I lose my license. Never mind that I called them 6 months ago to check on everything and they said there was nothing else required of me. I never got the accident report from the cops like I asked (nor did my insurance agent).

So now I am stuck sitting here diagramming the ****ing accident from memory, and they didn't provide me with all drivers involved either.

Is there a site that I can look up my accident report? Do I need to call the insurance headquarters instead of my agent?

First time I have had to fill one of these out, so I am just a little confused by it. Thanks!

Bugeater
03-23-2009, 12:46 PM
It's been a long time since I've had to deal with one of those, but I seem to remember something about being able to go to the police station and getting a copy their report. If it was me, I'd just fill the damn thing out to the best of my recollection.

bowener
03-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Im trying, but they only listed 2 drivers that were involved, and their are 2 others. It tells me to refer to them by their names. The problem is, this happened in KC, I live in Columbia, and a lot of the information was sent to my parents home in NW Missouri.

Gonzo
03-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Im trying, but they only listed 2 drivers that were involved, and their are 2 others. It tells me to refer to them by their names. The problem is, this happened in KC, I live in Columbia, and a lot of the information was sent to my parents home in NW Missouri.

Call your insurance agent personally. Tell him/her what the deal is and ask for help. If your agency is worth a crap they'll be able to help you with this. They should at least be able to get an extension on the deadline until you get all of the information neccessary to fill out the report.

If that doesn't work, call the county treasurer and inform him of the mistake made by his department.

doomy3
03-23-2009, 01:07 PM
:spock:

Here, I'll see if I can help jog your memory:

Around 12:15pm today I was driving with my girlfriend down Swope Parkway about a block from prospect and some kid about my age (early 20's) flew, literally, across the median at us. It was pretty interesting seeing a car upside down and 4 or so feet off the ground... missed the first car by going over its hood, slid on its roof into the next car down the side of it right into the up coming Tahoe which kicked it into the side of my car. Car slid another 50 feet on its roof uphill before finally coming to a rest. It was pretty surreal seeing all that and having never seen a wreck before. I was pretty happy with myself because I didnt panic or freak. I stayed calm and slowed down and didnt swerve wildly, and at the last second when the car got smashed into my direction, swerved up onto the curb and avoided the head-on (and the light pole) and took it down the side... my doors are ****ed. Sorry no pics... dont have a digital, but I wish I did.

I drive an 06 Chevy HHR, both doors are done for on the drivers side. Front wheel got hit and knocked steering our of alignment (need to get all that checked for sure since its FWD). Got the back part of the front fender, mashed bottoms of doors and stopped at the front of the rear fender... doesnt seem to have done any frame damage (not an expert though). Luckily I have $50 deductible on all collisions. Driver of the flying car could not provide proof on insurance at the scene (girlfriends car... he's super ****ed).

No injuries at the wreck except the common whiplash and such. My drive from KC To CoMo was interesting with my make shift duct tape seal keeping air and water out of the 4inch gap I have around the top and back of my driver side door... latches though... We were all pretty luck today.

Anyone else have some "1st wreck" stories? I hope none have any death or serious injuries in them.

Side note: a 6 inch piece of the other cars bumper ended up in the floor of my car by my feet.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185307

bowener
03-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Call your insurance agent personally. Tell him/her what the deal is and ask for help. If your agency is worth a crap they'll be able to help you with this. They should at least be able to get an extension on the deadline until you get all of the information neccessary to fill out the report.

If that doesn't work, call the county treasurer and inform him of the mistake made by his department.

I called the LB, 43rd in line...

I already spoke with my Agent, he did not have the report, I guess because I made the claim on a weekend with the 24 hour people, and they kept the report.

I ended up calling the Missouri Claims extension and spoke with them for a while.

Every thing sorted out now, thanks for the help though.

:spock:

Here, I'll see if I can help jog your memory:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185307

Why the face? I didnt even remember writing that post, good memory though. I needed to know the correct 'terms' that the police used, such as which driver to designate as what number, and how to draw the accident as well. Thanks though.